Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,679 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067157 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:51am On Jun 08, 2021
Salatavor:
What if we don't want to know anything about these people anymore. What if we don't care anymore eh! The national morale is at an all time low bro... Nobody cares about these story.

You have said it all cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 6:52am On Jun 08, 2021
bidexiii:
Rare image of NA Panhard AML-245

It's been long ill see a Panhard AML-245, I don't even think they're combat serviceable.
Bravo Zulu, Tango Mike to my able Sapper for sending me this wink
we really do not care about these things anymore. Even if Nigeria is not a shameful mess currently. How can you not be ashamed posting these ancients relics every time.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2021
The Kaduna State Government said troops of 4 Battalion of the Nigerian Army have repelled an attempted attack by bandits on some locations along Kaduna-Zaria highway.

According to a statement issued on Monday in Kaduna by the state Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr Samuel Aruwan, several bandits were neutralised by the troops.

Aruwan said: “Troops of the 4Demo Battalion, Nigerian Army have reported to the Kaduna State government that armed bandits were repelled in some locations along the Kaduna-Zaria highway, in Igabi Local Government Area of the state.

“The bandits were reportedly sighted moving toward the highway from Sharu village in the Kerawa area.

“The troops, acting on credible intelligence on the bandits’ movement, laid an ambush and intercepted them at Lambar Zango and Hawan Kwaranza villages.

“At these locations, the bandits were engaged in a fierce firefight and suffered several casualties. ” he said.

He explained that the bandits, having been decisively halted by the troops, retreated hastily via another route and in the process, attacked Dunki village, where they killed two residents.

“An unidentified male traveler was also killed.

“The retreating bandits also raided Mashashiya and Farguza villages, from where they stole some livestock and other valuables.,” he said.

The commissioner said Gov. Nasir El’Rufai condoled the families of those killed by the retreating bandits and prayed for the repose of their souls.

“The governor thanked the troops for their quick response in thwarting the bandits’ attempted attacks on various soft targets in the area,” Aruwan said.

Source: https://guardian.ng/Troops-repel-bandits-attack-neutralise-many-on-Kaduna-Zaria-highway-Commissioner
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2021
June 7, 2021

President Buhari today met with the new Chief of Army Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya.

The President also received a security briefing from Defence Minister, Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi (Rtd), and the Chief of Defence Staff, General LEO Irabor.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2021
Salatavor:
What if we don't want to know anything about these people anymore. What if we don't care anymore eh! The national morale is at an all time low bro... Nobody cares about these story.

And you think I give a fork if you care or anyone cares undecided
If you feel you're tired of the stories or comments go create a thread and make your self happy.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Salatavor:
we really do not care about these things anymore. Even if Nigeria is not a shameful mess currently. How can you not be ashamed posting these ancients relics every time.

You need a serious checkup at the Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital Aro, Abeokuta. It's priceless for me, who cares if it's relic or not.
There is nothing to be ashamed of posting old pictures/out dated equipment dude. You are only good and derailing, causing nuisance and the list is endless, you should be ashamed of yourself undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hoverbird: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Kanu is ready to sacrifice all the Igbos in the North as long as that will bring him Biafra
What's concerns Igbos in the north with what Kanu is doing? If the same Igbos and the entire south decides to pay the north in their own coin putting into cognizance the history of ethnic and religious violence in your region the north would have been expelled from the rest of the country. Bokoharam killed alot of Christians majority of whom are southerners when they started to the cheering of the northern masses till they ran out of Southerners to kill, is it the Kano, Kaduna, Jos riots to mention afew or the election crises in 2011 where southern corp members were hacked to death by northern Muslim mobs or should we talk about the Cartoon incidence in far way Europe that made northerners attacked southerners in the north, it was this crises that my entirely family nearly lost our lives because we are Southerne Christians and looked like Igbos. Never did we hear the useless northern elders or group condemn such attacks also we didn't hear of reprisals anywhere in the east. Gideon Akaluka, Bridget Agbaheme where killed and beheaded in Kano and no one was brought to justice, same for the Redeemed female Pastor killed in Abuja, no one threatened the northerners in the south because people believe that it has nothing to do with them.
Also no one is threatening to Kill the Hausa/Fulani doing their business in the south on account of the atrocities Fulani Herdsmen commited at Igangan, infact you have been silent on it. No one holds the sole monopoly to violence, but If the north think it can keep on threatening a section of the country then they'll be in for a serious shocker, same people that are all mute in the ongoing carnage in Benue.
All of you will soon learn that Nigeria does not start and end with Hausa/Fulani, Igbo or Yorubas. Hypocrites.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2021
Hoverbird:

What's concerns Igbos in the north with what Kanu is doing? If the same Igbos and the entire south decides to pay the north in their own coin putting into cognizance the history of ethnic and religious violence in your region the north would have been expelled from the rest of the country. Bokoharam killed alot of Christians majority of whom are southerners when they started to the cheering of the northern masses till they ran out of Southerners to kill, is it the Kano, Kaduna, Jos riots to mention afew or the election crises in 2011 where southern corp members were hacked to death by northern Muslim mobs or should we talk about the Cartoon incidence in far way Europe that made northerners attacked southerners in the north, it was this crises that my entirely family nearly lost our lives because we are Southerne Christians and looked like Igbos. Never did we hear the useless northern elders or group condemn such attacks also we didn't hear of reprisals anywhere in the east. Gideon Akaluka, Bridget Agbaheme where killed and beheaded in Kano and no one was brought to justice, same for the Redeemed female Pastor killed in Abuja, no one threatened the northerners in the south because people believe that it has nothing to do with them.
Also no one is threatening to Kill the Hausa/Fulani doing their business in the south on account of the atrocities Fulani Herdsmen commited at Igangan, infact you have been silent on it. No one holds the sole monopoly to violence, but If the north think it can keep on threatening a section of the country then they'll be in for a serious shocker, same people that are all mute in the ongoing carnage in Benue.
All of you will soon learn that Nigeria does not start and end with Hausa/Fulani, Igbo or Yorubas. Hypocrites.

Pls increase the volume very well so they can hear properly....the fulanis thought its an only igbo affair when they have virtually offended everybody who is non hausa/fulani...Dem go shock....!!

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

It will be kinda hard to start any operation now. The Raining season is kinda here already. Bushes are growing and Land is muddy.

Tho the rains cannot stop an operation anyway. If we are serious on eliminating these guys we should have rounded them up in Sambisa area as both factions have concentrated their fire power here.

Bit I think for now the federal government is more concerned about Social media
How about we shock them one of these raining seasons,defenses will be weak because they would have expended much of their power during the dry season. Deploy light tracked vehicles(the MLTBs and spartan IV will do, maybe the scorpion light tanks too Sha) to overcome the terrain and constant air surveillance to avoid ambushes. Mine rollers and other mine detectors to overcome IED challenges. Air support and artillery cover should be of utmost importance to ensure protection should in case they get bogged down by terrains. We cannot afford to be on offensives at only certain seasons. In fact the Raining seasons should be used to our advantage as it will severely limit the capability of the enemy too.

Meanwhile, that the government has insecurities to attend to doesn't mean other state functions will be suspended. The ministry of defense functions independently and is different from the ministry of information and interior. Condemn the act all you want but that doesn't hold water.
It is true tackling insecurity should be a priority but it shouldn't affect other sectors.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
4) what you guys in the middle belt and south need to do is to approach the icc and the UN and foreign countries and make your case for breakup of the country, bypass your governors if need be. At the same time you need to train, equip and organise your own army which would be on standby as soon as the diplomatic efforts and publicity have garnered momentum.
With all the overqualified southerners whom the nigerian military keep retiring or not letting into the army, it will be very easy to make an army much more competent than the nigerian army.
Overqualified!ok! i'm confused will you please elaborate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2021
Salatavor:
Speak for yourself, dumbo.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2021
No fewer than 27 mourners were Sunday evening reportedly gunned down and several others sustained injuries when suspected armed herders stormed the Odugbeho community in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue state during a burial ceremony.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/again-27-mourners-and-traders-killed-in-agatu-by-armed-herdsmen/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
4) With all the overqualified southerners whom the nigerian military keep retiring or not letting into the army, it will be very easy to make an army much more competent than the nigerian army.
I won't be shock if I see a Northerner from the North West or North East complaining about this same issue on 08/06/2023 grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
No fewer than 27 mourners were Sunday evening reportedly gunned down and several others sustained injuries when suspected armed herders stormed the Odugbeho community in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue state during a burial ceremony.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/again-27-mourners-and-traders-killed-in-agatu-by-armed-herdsmen/

Has Buhari tweeted on teaching the Fulani’s in a Language they’ll understand?

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Kanu is ready to sacrifice all the Igbos in the North as long as that will bring him Biafra
Will u shut up ur mouth and go and sleep

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol

All this kin killings do not bother him.

The army will hardly show up during Fulani heardsmen attack, but are always on ground during a counter attack.

If the government can't protect the people, let the people in those communities arm themselves. But I still believe state police will sort out most of this security wahala.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

cc
Bidexxii
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2021
Cognitive dissonance: someone supporting the Twitter ban, and arguing this on Twitter, from Lagos! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

He gave a shoot on sight order for anyone seen with assault riffles.
That itself is unconstitutional but we didn't notice because it doesn't suite our biases.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Whyem15:

He gave a shoot on sight order for anyone seen with assault riffles.
That itself is unconstitutional but we didn't notice because it doesn't suite our biases.

Shoot at sight order means you can shoot anyone with a gun.

I want a tweet warning Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere in Nigeria that they will be taught a lesson in a Language they understand.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
bidexiii:

And you think I give a fork if you care or anyone cares undecided
If you feel you're tired of the stories or comments go create a thread and make your self happy.
Ba mi ma post lo baba mi grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
President Buhari presides over an Emergency Meeting of the National Security Council, at the State House on 8th June 2021.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I want a tweet warning Fulani herdsmen killing people everywhere in Nigeria that they will be taught a lesson in a Language they understand.

Gbammest!

What is good for Obinna, is also good for Adamu
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin In some people's mind they think winning arguments on nairaland translate to anything in reality

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Is the aim of those herdsmen to break up Nigeria?(I'm asking, i don't know)., esn or whatever these guys are called, are doing just that. now I'm not excusing these marauders killing innocent people and destroying farmlands, but you guys seems to be comparing two different scenarios here. only thing both have in common of course is that they are killing people, but na today Nigerians dey get killed?
But with esn and these gunmen, they are starting to tear down all semblance of govt, and you didn't think that threat to the govt wouldn't elicit a reaction? Are there no fulanis in the rank of bh and iswap? again I'm asking, and these groups also threaten Nigeria as a country, are they also not getting killed by troops.
That said, life is cheap in Nigeria, you guys kill each other over slightest provocation, but some seem to have issues with that if it's been done by another ethnic group, while glossing over the killings being perpetrated by their own.
we can scream on here all day everyday and destroy this thread, it won't change sh!t. until una learn how to settle things without committing murder. Buhari won't be there forever, but insecurity will be for a long while.
smart communities should have Organised armed groups by now and secure their own communities, and no permission needed from the federal govt, state and local govt can give it's blessing for this. people do have the right to protect themselves, but I'd advise it should be properly organized,m otherwise it will simply open another avenue for civilian abuse
SamuelAnyawu:

Shoot at sight order means you can shoot anyone with a gun.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I won't be shock if I see a Northerner from the North West or North East complaining about this same issue on 08/06/2023 grin

Yea, the quota system which allows low scoring northerners to enter university and to join nda with school certs whereas southerners are demanded to score high and have uni degrees for the same things,yea, that would magically change if nigeria is still together in 2023, and the litteracy levels will also automatically change in both regions. Out of a sudden, fulani herdsmen will all be parading with PhD degrees and southern educated people will suddenly forget their education and start herding cows to mali with ak47 on their backs.
God has cursed you guys with stupidity.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin In some people's mind they think winning arguments on nairaland translate to anything in reality

cheesy abi oo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
hey me i want win argument i beg lol. sometimes me wish these guys will carry am go elsewhere
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

Yea, the quota system which allows low scoring northerners to enter university and to join nda with school certs whereas southerners are demanded to score high and have uni degrees for the same things,yea, that would magically change if nigeria is still together in 2023, znd the litteracy leveld will also automatically change in both regions. Out of a sudden, fulani herdsmen will all be parading with PhD degrees and southern educated people will suddenly forget their education and start herding cows. to mali with ak47 on their backs.
God has cursed you guys with stupidity.
Lol grin

During the tenure of GEJ, Yorubas were also Wailing about been marginalised grin

Have you forgotten how the likes of Edwin Clark dey always release brutal press statement upon press statement? Or the way Asari Dokunbo dey always promising to unleash destruction in the Niger Delta if their son is not reelected?

If a southerner takes over in 2023, Then you will start hearing fulanis Wailing about been oppress in Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Lol grin

During the tenure of GEJ, Yorubas were also Wailing about been marginalised grin

Have you forgotten how the likes of Edwin Clark dey always release brutal press statement upon press statement? Or the way Asari Dokunbo dey always promising to unleash destruction in the Niger Delta if their son is not reelected?

If a southerner takes over in 2023, Then you will start hearing fulanis Wailing about been oppress in Nigeria.

Your silly statement has been exposed fir what it is, yet you still believe your word is worth anything ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Army Chief's Appointment: Nigeria To Spend N700million To Force 29 Generals Out Amid Recession

The Nigerian Army will be spending not less than N700 million on the retirement of 29 Major-Generals and Brigadier-Generals who will leave the service going by the appointment of Major-General Farouk Yahaya as the Chief of Army Staff.

SaharaReporters learnt that the 29 Generals’ retirement benefits would gulp a large chunk of the money, according to the 2017 Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service of the Officers and men of the Armed Forces.

Checks by SaharaReporters showed that the 29 Major-Generals are entitled to a brand new Peugeot 508 car, one cook, two residential guards, one service orderly and one service driver.

Chief among the benefits is free medical cover in Nigeria and abroad to the tune of $15,000 annually.

The 29 Major-Generals and Brigadier-Generals have already commenced a terminal leave – the prelude to their retirement – which will end on June 30.

“The brand new vehicles for the exiting generals will cost N464 million while the other logistics and employment of personnel for them will cost N200 million in total. The money will come from extra-budgetary allocations to the armed forces,” a source at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja.

“Some of them are lobbying but the rule is the rule. Generals in Course 36 have to be retired forcefully, since Major-General Yahaya is of the 37th Regular Course.”

SaharaReporters had on May 28 reported that President Muhammadu Buhari bypassed no fewer than 24 top senior Nigerian Army officers to appoint Yahaya as the Chief of the Army Staff, according to a document, Seniority Roll Nigerian Army Officers 2021 (Revised) obtained by SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters had stated that the President, by appointing Yahaya, hitherto the Theatre Commander of Operation Hadin Kai in the North-East and from Regular Course 37, puts the 24 top army officers from Regular Courses 35 and 36, on the path of forceful retirement.

Military sources had said Buhari might have appointed a less qualified Yahaya, from Sokoto State, based on the president’s usual ethnic and religious sentiments as seen in his other various appointments.

Checks by SaharaReporters on the army’s document showed that most of the officers in line of seniority following the late Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Ibrahim Attahiru, are from the South-West, South-East or Christians.

Following Attahiru are; “Maj Generals J.O Olawumi from Ekiti, J.O Akomolafe from Kwara, C.O. Ude from Enugu, J. Oyefesobi from Ogun, M.O Uzoh from Abia, C.C. Okonkwo from Imo, M.S.A Aliyu from Zamfara, U.M Muhammed from Niger and B.M Shafa from Ogun.”

Others are; “N.E. Angbazo from Nasarawa, Y.P. Auta from Kebbi, A.S. Maikobi from Bauchi, B. Ahanotu from Anambra, S.A. Yaro from Bauchi, J. Sarham from Kano, H.E. Ayamasaowei from Bayelsa, O.F. Azinta from Enugu, B.A Akinroluyo from Ondo, KAY Isiyaku from Niger, AT Haman from Borno, A.M. Aliyu from Gombe, H. P. Z. Vintekaba from Taraba, K.O. The Kadiri from Lagos, and IM Yusuf from Yobe.”

The new army chief, Yahaya, now 55 years, was commissioned into the Nigerian Army Infantry Corps on September 22, 1990.

When Buhari appointed the present crop of service chiefs only in January, no fewer than 20 generals from the three services who were members of courses 34 and 35 were retired to pave way for them.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/08/army-chiefs-appointment-nigeria-spend-n700million-force-29-generals-out-amid-recession

(1) (2) (3) ... (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.