Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3063031 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

To get American rifles, we need to engage in deals. We could get them in the black market, but not in surplus quantities. We just started prioritizing deals very much recently. Majority of our Army hardware, were acquired from the black market.
Personally, i don't like American rifles. If i were to purchase a rifle of western origin, I'll go for German rifles. Heckler & koch comes to mind.
American rifle have only two modes, small calibers, expensive to maintain (than Eastern rifes) and its more vulnerable to harsh environments

I agree, but this administration procurement has been deals, no middle man, or black market deals, that's why the National security chairman has always been sidelined whenever it comes for weapon procurements, because he wanted to buy from the black market.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Whyem15:
These past few weeks have been relatively calm, just a few cowardly attacks on small bases and probing attacks on large bases.
Coupled with the fact that ISWAP's propaganda has been filled with lots of lies, unrelated incidents and attacks on abandoned bases. They even claimed the recent road accident involving NA as their success. Compare with the number, and intensity of attacks between January and early may. We all know the number of times marte, damask and dikwa were attacked within very short periods.
This lull has been on since mid may so Its most likely not due to the attack on JAS.
Is it the raining season or are they planning something big or there strength has been significantly reduced?
Coupled with the fact that we now see lots of child soldiers in their ranks.
One would have expected the capture of JAS to have significantly boosted their strengths but maybe JAS didn't have much before the conflict or maybe many were lost during the conflict with ISWAP.
Even the rate of ambush attacks that should normally be high during raining seasons has reduced to much less than during the dry season same as IED attacks.
It could be a lot of things but I pray that it is the good ones.

Check Tomasz's thread from the beginning of the year and compare.

Bro, both ISWAP and JAS has been weakened by this year offensive from the military, they have been a lot of air interdiction from the Naf recently, and I think that has somewhere weakened ISWAP, anyways, let be watching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
bidexiii:

I totally disagree with you
Please sight examples !
1. Our standard rifles
2. T-72 tanks(were not purchased by deals)
3. We still import Artillery shells (few deals with countries like South Africa)
4. Some light tanks and IFVs acquired during the previous administration
Note, i said "were". I didn't mean the present. I'm informed. We all know majority of our small arms, were procured from the black market. Small arms are a large bulk and percentage of our Army. Don't misquote me please. I am not stupid, i won't deny and be ignorant on the successes of our Army

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

1. Our standard rifles
3. We still import Artillery shells (few deals with countries like South Africa)
Note, i said "were". I didn't mean the present. I'm informed. We all know majority of our small arms, were procured from the black market. Small arms are a large bulk and percentage of our Army. Don't misquote me please. I am not stupid, i won't deny and be ignorant on the successes of our Army
It would be right in my opinion to say , that ur earlier statistics was only for a particular year and or purchase, but not general buying over the years sir.
Those black markets era, were largely during GEJ regime.
It would even seem, most of the T-72 have been destroyed or left immobile.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

It would be right in my opinion to say , that ur earlier statistics was only for a particular year and or purchase, but not general buying over the years sir.
Those black markets era, were largely during GEJ regime.
It would even seem, most of the T-72 have been destroyed or left immobile.
In terms of small arms, we have been getting it over the past years from the black market. Nevertheless, we have some purchased by deal process
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:52am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

1. Our standard rifles

All your mentions are not true mate.
The T72 is from Czech Republic, if am right

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:05am On Jul 11, 2021
bidexiii:

All your mentions are not true mate.
The T72 is from Czech Republic, if am right
They are. Ok
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 2:58am On Jul 11, 2021
Litmus:

Bantu are originally from Nigeria, actually. The start point of the migration to South Africa is located in Nigeria and some parts of the area of Cameroon near Nigeria. As a youngster I had tons of Anthropological literature that stated this. But I guess politically motivated books (and Black scholars doing bogus research) of recent are revising history.

That's not completely true that's strategic pseudo history. There are Bantus in Nigeria but there not aboriginal they where a small wave that moved and settled in the West from Cameroon before launching the Southern waves later .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

1. Our standard rifles
oga take time oo, which black market? dey one for your community ni. most of the small arm are either produce in dicon or bought from producer,or you think say na police rifle.even some police rifles are new. dey t 72 mbt i agree was not but most are lacking spare part.or you want tell us say, our tavor na black market work. most of the ak nigeria army are using are obj 006
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2021
joscofelix2:
oga take time oo, which black market? dey one for your community ni. most of the small arm are either produce in dicon or bought from producer,or you think say na police rifle.even some police rifles are new. dey t 72 mbt i agree was not but most are lacking spare part.or you want tell us say, our tavor na black market work. most of the ak nigeria army are using are obj 006

Why do you think the guy from Niger republic, ran away with do much money, why do you think south African's blocked the private jet, carrying money for weapons.....we did a lot of black market weapons buying, almost every country does it.....

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

1. Our standard rifles

Nigeria does not buy second hand rifles.

The T-72 tanks under GEJ were off the shelf.

Artillery shells bought from South-Africa, Serbia and the Czech republic are all brand new.

The BMP-1 we purchased from the Czech republic was second hand, but the IFV we purchased from Ukraine was brand new. Yes, rejected by the Iraqi army, but was brand new nonetheless.

In the previous administration, NNS Centenary and NNS Unity were purchased from China brand new.

Hundreds of Inshore patrol vessels were purchased from France, Israel and Nigeria brand new.

Tavor-21 rifles, Berly M762 rifles and AK-103 rifles all brand new.

MRAPs from China and South Africa all new.

No offence, you're quite ignorant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2021
Coolliot:

Why do you think the guy from Niger republic, ran away with do much money, why do you think south African's blocked the private jet, carrying money for weapons.....we did a lot of black market weapons buying, almost every country does it.....

That Niger republic guy, did he run away with our money or Niger republic money? I thought it was Niger republic?

We did those black market purchases during the surge operation to free GWOZA and the likes, but if you remember correctly the MRAPs and Rifles were purchased brand new.

T-72, BMP-1 were second hand. The IFVs were also new.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2021
Coolliot:

oga why did think of liaring(lying) everytime,why do you think of puting liar on another person adminstration.the niger guy happen during GEJ the private jet stuff nobody know whether it black market or not.because last time i check SA do not have black market stuff
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2021
WTF is an APC doing inside NDDC Office grin grin grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2021
joscofelix2:
oga why did think of liaring(lying) everytime,why do you think of puting liar on another person adminstration.the niger guy happen during GEJ the private jet stuff nobody know whether it black market or not.because last time i check SA do not have black market stuff

Did I mention any government? I'm just saying Nigeria does black market weapons buying, even USA does..... oga, look if you can't read to understand, don't stress me, with your fake intels

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 8:06am On Jul 11, 2021
kabe1:

That Niger republic guy, did he run away with our money or Niger republic money? I thought it was Niger republic?

We did those black market purchases during the surge operation to free GWOZA and the likes, but if you remember correctly the MRAPs and Rifles were purchased brand new.

T-72, BMP-1 were second hand. The IFVs were also new.

At least you agree with me
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2021
kabe1:

Nigeria does not buy second hand rifles.

The T-72 tanks under GEJ were off the shelf.

Artillery shells bought from South-Africa, Serbia and the Czech republic are all brand new.

The BMP-1 we purchased from the Czech republic was second hand, but the IFV we purchased from Ukraine was brand new. Yes, rejected by the Iraqi army, but was brand new nonetheless.

In the previous administration, NNS Centenary and NNS Unity were purchased from China brand new.

Hundreds of Inshore patrol vessels were purchased from France, Israel and Nigeria brand new.

Tavor-21 rifles, Berly M762 rifles and AK-103 rifles all brand new.

MRAPs from China and South Africa all new.

No offence, you're quite ignorant.
I was specific on the Army. You saw what i wrote about the artillery shells. I told you they were purchased by deals from South Africa. But not all our deals are conducted within the Nigerian government and foreign governments. T 72 ain't brand new. They were purchased from stock.
Our rifles are purchased from the black market, I'll keep stressing this. Am a lover of our military, but we need to be realistic.
I kept stressing "majority". I didn't say all. I said "majority". Beryl rifles are in little numbers compared to our AKMs. We have alot of Chinese made AKMs,AKMs from Eastern Europe, etc. If we were not purchasing rifles from the black market, why are our rifles not standardised? We purchased but just this present administration do it alot. I didn't say past administrations didn't purchased through process.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2021
Coolliot:

Did I mention any government? I'm just saying Nigeria does black market weapons buying, even USA does..... oga, look if you can't read to understand, don't stress me, with your fake intels
thank God i have fake intel i hope you have the orginal copy. you will agree witg me that your first post do match your second reply sit down and read your statement
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2021
joscofelix2:
Verdammt, ich bin tot grin grin, bro i had explained. Most of our AKs are Chinese and Eastern Europe origin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

I was specific on the Army. You saw what i wrote about the artillery shells. I told you they were purchased by deals from South Africa. But not all our deals are conducted within the Nigerian government and foreign governments. T 72 ain't brand new. They were purchased from stock.
Our rifles are purchased from the black market, I'll keep stressing this. Am a lover of our military, but we need to be realistic.
I kept stressing "majority". I didn't say all. I said "majority". Beryl rifles are in little numbers compared to our AKMs. We have alot of Chinese made AKMs,AKMs from Eastern Europe, etc. If we were not purchasing rifles from the black market, why are our rifles not standardised? We purchased but just this present administration do it alot. I didn't say past administrations didn't purchased through process.
oga you say this, because you have no knowledge of military rifle and equipment
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2021
joscofelix2:
oga you say this, because you have no knowledge of military rifle and equipment
grin If you were a mentor, I'll take that as an insult,but you are a civilian, a military enthusiast. I'll take that as a challenge. Maybe i got few to prove to you. You can't debate me on military equipment grin.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

grin If you were a mentor, I'll take that as an insult and I'll cry my eyes out,but you are a civilian, a military enthusiasts. I'll take that as a challenge. Maybe i got few to prove to you. You can't debate me on military equipment grin.
oga i no debate anything.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

grin If you were a mentor, I'll take that as an insult and I'll cry my eyes out,but you are a civilian, a military enthusiasts. I'll take that as a challenge. Maybe i got few to prove to you. You can't debate me on military equipment grin.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Nobody told you T-72 was purchased brand new. Nobody makes brand new T-72's any longer.

You cannot say something is in a majority if you cannot prove it, that's what you need to understand.

Nigeria has always had a large stock of AKMs, right from the administration of OBJ.

You cannot claim they were bought second hand if you cannot provide evidence to support such a claim.

Not even the rifles used by DSS and Navy SBS are standardized. The DSS use FN F2000, CTAR-21 , TAR-2, P-90 and Galil ACE.

Are you telling me that they bought these weapons second hand?

Navy SBS use TAR-21, CTAR-21, X-95, AKM, AK-100 series and Barretta CX4 are you telling us they purchased these second hand also.

You made a claim that majority of our military equipment is purchased second hand, this claim is a flat out lie.

I'm asking you to provide evidence to support your claim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2021
joscofelix2:
oga i no debate anything.
Gut, don't. You don't have totally to disregard my stance.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2021
youghs:

Excursion grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2021
kabe1:

Nobody told you T-72 was purchased brand new. Nobody makes brand new T-72's any longer.

You cannot say something is in a majority if you cannot prove it, that's what you need to understand.

Nigeria has always had a large stock of AKMs, right from the administration of OBJ.

You cannot claim they were bought second hand if you cannot provide evidence to support such a claim.

Not even the rifles used by DSS and Navy SBS are standardized. The DSS use FN F2000, CTAR-21 , TAR-2, P-90 and Galil ACE.

Navy SBS use TAR-21, CTAR-21, X-95, AKM, AK-100 series and Barretta CX4 are you telling us they purchased these second hand also.

You made a claim that majority of our military equipment is purchased second hand, this claim is a flat out lie.

Verdammt, another misinterpretation. I don't remember saying majority of our military. I said majority of our Army equipment. Army is different from the military. When i talk about military equipment purchases, i try as much to be apolitical. I don't know why y'all regard administrations. It doesn't matter the administration. During OBJ administration, DICON were producing AKM rifles, designated as OBJ 006. Before then, we produced FN FAL battle rifles, designated as NR. 1. We have to understand that through out the entire life span of DICON it hasn't functioned up to 85% of its capability. Gen. Ezugwu really revamped the DICON recently. I used to think we produced small arms ammunition in Nigeria. Seems we produce, maybe in little quantities, because the Nigerian army still import small arms ammunition

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 9:15am On Jul 11, 2021
youghs:
NDDC offices have been experiencing protest from Niger Delta youths since the pass 2 months, so that one was guarding the HQ in Rivers State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Verdammt, another misinterpretation. I don't remember saying majority of our military. I said majority of our Army equipment. Army is different from the military. When i talk about military equipment purchases, i try as much to be apolitical. I don't know why y'all regard administrations. It doesn't matter the administration. During OBJ administration, DICON were producing AKM rifles, designated as OBJ 006. Before then, we produced G1 battle rifles, designated as NR. 1. We have to understand that through out the entire life span of DICON it hasn't functioned up to 85% of its capability. Gen. Ezugwu really revamped the DICON recently. I used to think we produced small arms ammunition in Nigeria. Seems we produce, maybe in little quantities, because the Nigerian army still import small arms ammunition
Purchase for small arms and ammunition was in one of thier budgets, , can't remember the exact year, bit it 2019 upwards

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Armed bandits have abducted a second class Emir of Kajuru, Alhaji Alhassan Adamu at his residence in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

The bandits also whisked away 12 other family members of the emir including women and children.
Sallah: Rams everywhere, no money to buy
After Daily Trust report, security operatives raid Remon village, arrest over 100 suspects

The grandson of the emir and traditional title holder of Dan Kajuru, Saidu Musa confirmed the abduction to Daily trust.

He said the incident happened around 12:30 am.

Samuel Aruwan, Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, and the Police Public Relations Officer, Jalige Mohamed didn’t answer their calls.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-bandits-abduct-emir-12-other-family-members-in-kaduna
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2021
kabe1:

Even buying 2nd-hand or fairly used hardware does not make them black market buys ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2021
bidexiii:

Even buying 2nd-hand or fairly used hardware does not make them black market buys ?
oga na one you talk oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.