Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,004 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3030380 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
bidexiii:

Wow.... cool
Thanks mate for these.
https://beegeagle./2010/12/12/nigerias-best-kept-military-secret-5000-troops-fought-in-angolas-first-civil-war/

So the Nigerian military tried to keep this from the public as a secerete.

Actually there are so many secrets still not declassified. I doubt the Nigerian people would have gone along with it if made public. Governments often have to balance between domestic realities and foreign policy. All successive Nigerian presidents have been guilty of these secretive missions including the current one. But it's not common to Nigeria alone other foreign powers are guilty of same. This is why a lot of the intelligence and security votes are classified and not actually known. No one knows exactly what's done with all that money. I'm not even sure the president does.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
QuietMynd:
Sirzorkay was right after all.

Did you say Nigeria is a sovereign country with laws and a justice system? Biko today no be April fool's day. grin grin grin

I hope you know that the same Kyari you are talking about can see you walking in the street, dislike your hair cut and order his men to carry you off. And he can as well dispose of your assets as he sees fit and arrange a very early meeting between you and your ancestors, all without a crime being committed or your being charged with anything. Biko let's talk another thing today.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
bidexiii:

I don't know ?
From the little research I just did now, there are no records that shows that the Nigerian military was involved in the Angola war.
Are you sure about the bolded part of your statement

OK. I was in secondary school during this Era. Nigeria was a true medium power. Africa was centerpiece of foreign policy. Murtala Muhammed / OBJ regime nationalized BP because the UK was supporting Apartheid South Africa.
The western world thro the CIA wanted to overthrow Neto and install Savimbi.
The entire OAU with Nigeria at the forefront supported Augustino Neto (MPLA).
Cuba sent troops to fight. At one point I think they reached 30,000 men.
Nigeria's NAF bold C130 flights were shuttling supplies to MPLA and landing at the dead of night with no runway lights on.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
Covert1:

Actually there are so many secrets still not declassified. I doubt the Nigerian people would have gone along with it if made public. Governments often have to balance between domestic realities and foreign policy. All successive Nigerian presidents have been guilty of these secretive missions including the current one. But it's not common to Nigeria alone other foreign powers are guilty of same. This is why a lot of the intelligence and security votes are classified and not actually known. No one knows exactly what's done with all that money. I'm not even sure the president does.

I don't have your kind of confidence in the Nigerian people. We have the attention span of a housefly and if anything sensitive is released, most of us will have forgotten all about it in less than a week.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
bidexiii:

I don't know ?
From the little research I just did now, there are no records that shows that the Nigerian military was involved in the Angola war.
Are you sure about the bolded part of your statement

OK. I was in secondary school during this Era. Nigeria was a true medium power. Africa was centerpiece of foreign policy. Murtala Muhammed / OBJ regime nationalized BP because the UK was supporting Apartheid South Africa.
The western world thro the CIA wanted to overthrow Neto and install Savimbi in Angola.
Nigeria's NAF bold C130 flights were shuttling supplies to MPLA and landing at the dead of night with no runway lights on.

When I see young Nigerians trash talk their country now I laugh. They are really the inferior generation.

Nigeria also did FESTAC in '77 and invited a third of the entire world to showcase culture in the face of what was seen as rampant westernization.
Wole Soyinka was a symposium leader at some of the intellectual jaw jaw events. Africa was going to have its own lingua franca.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
RiceProducers:

The western world thro the CIA wanted to overthrow Neto and install Savimbi.

Guy you don old grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
bidexiii:

Why can't the NA even go for this attack helicopter platform

His it a good platform, guys what's your view on this grin

Good platform but too expensive, too few in number and no sustainable production line to aid maintenance. No the Mi-35M is way better.

The Nigerian Army needs something more in the mould of the AH-1Z. And they need it fast. That's the missing link in their COIN operations

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Covert1:

Good platform but too expensive, too few in number and no sustainable production line to aid maintenance. No the Mi-35M is way better.

The Nigerian Army needs something more in the mould of the AH-1Z. And they need it fast. That's the missing link in their COIN operations

The Mi-35M is not a dedicated attack helicopter though. The Mil Mi-28 might be more suitable, with our troop transport needs being handled by the Mil Mi 8 or 17.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

The Mi-35M is not a dedicated attack helicopter though. The Mil Mi-28 might be more suitable, with our troop transport needs being handled by the Mil Mi 8 or 17.

The Mi-35M in addition to other roles is a very good attack helicopter and one of the best in the world with proven track records however it is for an Air Force to operate not an Army same goes for the Mil Mi-28 which is also a very good dedicated attack helicopter in the mould of the Apache helicopter. The AH-1Z is basically a Tucano with Rotor blades. That's what the Army needs as back up for troops. All North-East Theater Commanders have wanted this aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

I don't have your kind of confidence in the Nigerian people. We have the attention span of a housefly and if anything sensitive is released, most of us will have forgotten all about it in less than a week.

Hmmm, dunno if history proves you right

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
bidexiii:

Abeg this one fine pass apache
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
Covert1:
You have to believe it this Rooivalk attack helicopter is made in Africa, in South Africa. It actually meets the test just beset by South Africa's lack of political weight and costs.
the first pics is a Z10
While second is The Rooivalk
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Abeg this one fine pass apache

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
Covert1:

Thanks mate !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=youghs post=104331026][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Apache Guardian
And Chinese Z10

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=youghs post=104331026][/quote]grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 12:11am On Aug 02, 2021
grin grin grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 12:30am On Aug 02, 2021
Nigerian Army

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2021
Toju200:
the first pics is a Z10
While second is The Rooivalk
Stand corrected
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2021
Covert1:
Nigerian Army

Whoever took this pic is good. Next time though, blur the background and it can do duty as a patriotic wallpaper.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2021
NN Sea Rescue Over Treacherous Waters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAOqVQ0AZ4

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:43am On Aug 02, 2021
bidexiii:

The production stopped, South Africa only have 12 pieces of these helicopters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:48am On Aug 02, 2021
Covert1:

It's high time Nigeria stop playing this yeye big brother to other African nations with our taxes, while we are not being appreciated by these African nations.
Let focus more on our own issues, because we have a lot at home.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:52am On Aug 02, 2021
Roan77:

It's high time Nigeria stop playing this yeye big brother to other African nations with our taxes, while we are not being appreciated by these African nations.
Let focus more on our own issues, because we have a lot at home.

True. We wasted billions saving our fellow Africans who now wildly abuse us. South Africa is a prime example.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:53am On Aug 02, 2021
Covert1:

The Army should go for Z10 or Mi-28
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 4:39am On Aug 02, 2021
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2021
QuietMynd:
Sirzorkay was right after all.
I don't think Nigerian police/govt will handover one of their own to the fbi
Kyari broke no US laws but he did Nigeria and the Nigerian Police system dirty.

It is not against the law to receive gifts from influencers. Concealing the crimes of Hushpuppi from the Police, assisting in managing his enterprises and torturing Hushpuppi 's business partners were crimes against Nigeria.

Indeed the solicitation and receipt of money from Hushpuppi was probably a crime that millions of Nigerian youth followers on IG were guilty of aside Kyari. There is no jail big enough for the number of those who asked the man for money and may have received it.
The man even had IG videos out asking people not to beg him for money any longer.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 6:49am On Aug 02, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Did you say Nigeria is a sovereign country with laws and a justice system? Biko today no be April fool's day. grin grin grin

I hope you know that the same Kyari you are talking about can see you walking in the street, dislike your hair cut and order his men to carry you off. And he can as well dispose of your assets as he sees fit and arrange a very early meeting between you and your ancestors, all without a crime being committed or your being charged with anything. Biko let's talk another thing today.
Same way someone in new York would say they don't like your skin color and pick you up,frame you with a crime you never committed and get you lock in jail or better still shoot you during a traffick stop

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:37am On Aug 02, 2021
EricBraven:

Same way someone in new York would say they don't like your skin color and pick you up,frame you with a crime you never committed and get you lock in jail or better still shoot you during a traffick stop
There is no excuse. Same way someone in Finland will pick you up because of your white color and frame you up abi? Nigeria is a black nation. Please let's stop making excuses for crimes

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Egyptian Navy Submarines S43, S42 and S41 category 209 MOD

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Nigeria's Embattled 'Supercop', Kyari Is A Billionaire With Posh Houses In Maiduguri, Sells Cars Seized From Kidnappers – Resident Alleges

Na only one newspaper u dey sell.

Why don't u fact check what SR feeds u.They could have simply checked his asset declaration form. But they must depend on anonymous sources
Meanwhile let me fact check this

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.