Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3039234 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
keep2silent:
Maybe not really a leak, news has been circulating for six moths plus. Photos got out locally in Turkey like a month ago. It couldn't be hidden longer because of foreign made FLIR balls imported by Turkey from North American continent that was blocked by NATO giants because of Ukraine Russian war.

I really wish we can get their North American EO FLIR, because ban on Turkey caused doubts when some Ukraine TB2 drones shot downed by Russia exposed best FLIR optics technology to Russian hands for analysis to copy and defeat it.

Some of us fear a Turkey owned inferior EO IR balls on our NA drones due to the ban.

NA order is estimate #s

6 x Bayraktar MALE UAV

10 x Songar mini UAV

=

16 drones for now.

Songar is good vs high value assets strike like that noisy bandit lord of Zamfara.

It won't win us this war but its very useful additional needed assets.

Do your best our NA, with these 16 for now, hoping for more units procurement to form NA Aviation UCAV Air Wing.

Seriously speaking, I don't see the usefulness of this type of drone in today's battle.
There has never been a record of this type of drone been employed in battle of recent anywhere in the world.
To me it is a toy
My personal opinion tho.
Am referring to the songar mini drone

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2022
bidexiii:
#NPF
#RRS
They are not serious

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2022
QuietMynd:

They are not serious
?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2022
Further confirmation | At the Independence Day celebrations today the Nigerian Air Force confirmed it is awaiting the delivery of several platforms including;

• 2x Beechcraft King Air 360I
• 3x DA-62 ISR
• 12x AH-1Z
• M-346.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2022
QuietMynd:

Seriously speaking, I don't see the usefulness of this type of drone in today's battle.
There has never been a record of this type of drone been employed in battle of recent anywhere in the world.
To me it is a toy
My personal opinion tho.
Am referring to the songar mini drone

The Bayraktar TB2 is a proven drone for its price tag compared to other western or Europian type. I remember few weeks/month where a US MQ-9 Reaper Drone was shot down in Benghazi.
There is no UAV drone that can be shot, no matter how stealthy they are.
For countries who can't afford expensive high tech done: Bayraktar is a self proven solution. The Armenia–Azerbaijan border crisis was a theatre that UAV drone played a very important role.

Like you said it's your own personnel opinion and I respect it but the Bayrakhat drone is a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
bidexiii:

The Bayraktar TB2 is a proven drone for its price tag compared to other western or Europian type. I remember few weeks/month where a US MQ-9 Reaper Drone was shot down in Benghazi.
For countries who can't afford expensive high tech done: Bayraktar is a self proven solution. The Armenia–Azerbaijan border crisis was a theatre that UAV drone played a very important role.

Like you said it's your own personnel opinion and I respect it but the Bayrakhat drone is a pain in the ass.
He was not talking about the Bayraktar

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
bidexiii:

Am talking of the mini drone
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2022
bidexiii:

?
All that braggaddo because of unarmed civilian.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by davefurn: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
QuietMynd:

Bandits that's their job, I didn't see them with all those equipments but hiluxes when they attacked our capital. Anyways nice to see they have those kits, what remains is the courage

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
davefurn:

Bandits that's their job, I didn't see them with all those equipments but hiluxes when they attacked our capital. Anyways nice to see they have those kits, what remains is the courage
Those re Lagos RRS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2022
Odunayaw:
He was not talking about the Bayraktar

Ow ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
QuietMynd:

grin grin grin
They are trying to avoid another Lekki toll gate disaster
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by davefurn: 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
QuietMynd:

Those re Lagos RRS
If Lagos are that equipped, what should you expect about our capital police force?... We have become too reliant on the military for police job, see able military men; that their jobs aren't to man checkpoints everywhere, same men will fight bandits, fight Igbos, enter NE and fight, fight kidnappers. We need to start holding them accountable, atleast start somewhere in clearing the rot. I'm speaking sentimentally though

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2022
NA SOF with AK-ALFA

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
davefurn:

If Lagos are that equipped, what should you expect about our capital police force?... We have become too reliant on the military for police job, see able military men; that their jobs aren't to man checkpoints everywhere, same men will fight bandits, fight Igbos, enter NE and fight, fight kidnappers. We need to start holding them accountable, atleast start somewhere in clearing the rot. I'm speaking sentimentally though
I dig too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS: IGP TRAINS PILOTS, AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICERS FOR SEAMLESS AERIAL SURVEILLANCE

- Holds Colloquy with Police Mobile Force Leadership, Squadron Commanders on Election Security Management

As part of the build up towards ensuring concrete security arrangements for the nation, particularly as the 2023 General Elections approach, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc(+), NPM, fdc, has approved the training of the first batch of Bell 412EP B1.3 Type-Training Course for Police Airwing Aircraft Maintenance Engineers comprising seventeen (17) officers, whose training is expected to improve the technical expertise of the Aircraft Maintenance Unit of the Police Airwing and prevent operational mishaps during aerial surveillance operations.

Similarly, the IGP has approved the training of more Pilots on Cessna Citation, the training and maintenance of a fully operational Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) squad, training of more Engineers on both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing, as well as training for other auxiliary aviation staff to streamline operational inadequacies, improve human resourcefulness and ensure enhanced operational efficiency and cohesive operations. The trainings, which were run simultaneously, in partnership with foreign experts, came to an end on Friday 30th September, 2022, with presentation of certificates of participation to the trainees by the Inspector-General of Police at the FHQ, Abuja.

In the same vein, the IGP has recently met with the leadership of the Police Mobile Force (PMF) and Squadron Commanders at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, where he appraised the internal security situation of the country and unraveled the possible ways of positioning the Nigeria Police Force for effective service delivery through strategic restructuring. The IGP noted that the PMF, under his leadership and command would be adequately restructured, equipped, with effective trainings, to align with its age-long tradition of basic unit concept and unit deployment.

The IGP reiterated the importance of proper election security management for the upcoming 2023 General Elections. He further challenged the Squadron Commanders to provide adequate security in their respective Areas of Responsibility, to support the conventional police not only during the general elections, but in ensuring and reassuring members of the public of their safety before, during, and after the elections.

The Inspector-General of Police further asserted that the present leadership of the Nigeria Police Force will continually embark on training and retraining of its officers to reposition the Police and invariably improve the general security of Nigeria even as the NPF attains its primacy in maintenance of law and order.

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra,
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

2nd October, 2022
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Nigeria @62 Independence Anniversary & impressive display of the Armed Forces

Confirmation of acquisition of the M346 FA,
2x Beechcraft King Air 360I, 3x DA-62 ISR,
12x AH-1Z. Daring stunts by the JF-17 Thunder on full after-burners introduced as the Guardian of The Sky & first line of air defence
[Audio confirmation, agile and versatile NAF fighter aircrafts performance from 32mins -- Where's the naysayers & doubting Thomases]

Plus The News Agency of Nigeria [NAN] did justice to the coverage of the celebrations at Eagle Square compared to other networks

Sub-saharan Africa isn't even playing catch up to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and with a new Administration in Abuja next year, Africa in general in few years should do Abuja's bidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Stfkw8V7o

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:02am On Oct 09, 2022
The International Maritime Bureau (IMB) removes Nigeria from its piracy list thanks to our Deep Blue Special Forces and the Navy.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:42am On Oct 09, 2022
FC MNJTF CONDUCTS OPERATIONAL VISITS TO HEADQUARTERS 19/403 AMPHIBIOUS BRIGADES IN BAGA.

The Force Commander Multi National Joint Task force (MNJTF) Major General Abdul Khalifa Ibrahim has on Thursday, 6 October, 2022 paid Maiden Operational and familiarization visit to Headquarters 19 and 403 Amphibious Brigades as well as Naval Base Lake Chad in Baga.

Maj Gen AK Ibrahim embarked on the visit to acquaint himself with the operational activities of the formations, their deployments as well as to assess troops' combat readiness in preparation for the impending operations within the fringes of Lake Chad Basin.

In his remarks, he said "I want to thank you all and appreciate the immediate past Sector 3 Commander Maj Gen Godwin Mutkut for what he has done and specially to thank you all for your contributions and participation in the recently concluded Operation LAKE SANITY.

Furthermore, Gen Ibrahim said "I urge you all not to relent in your effort in the fight against BHTs/ISWAP terrorists adding that "you all are key to the success of the ongoing fight against insurgency especially in the fringes of Lake Chad and therefore, I implore you to maintain the tempo while dominating your Areas of Responsibilities he emphasized.

Earlier in his welcome remarks, the Ag Commander Sector 3 Brig Gen AE Abubakar on behalf of officers and men of sector 3, 19/401 and 403 Amphibious Brigades welcome the FC and appreciated him for the support and strategic guidance he has been giving to the Sector. The FC was later briefed by Commanders on the Operational strategies of their various Brigades.

The high points of the event were presentation of Quarter Guard, operational brief, address to fishermen and troops at fish Dam and group photograph amongst other.

Dignitaries who graced event were the entourage of the FC, Commander Sector 3 and the Brigade Commanders, Brig Gen EA Orakwe,Brig Gen SM UBA and Brig Gen IO Bassey as well as Principal Staff Officers from Sector 3, the respective Brigades and troops.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
bidexiii:
The International Maritime Bureau (IMB) removes Nigeria from its piracy list thanks to our Deep Blue Special Forces and the Navy.

If our forces can stop piracy, how come stealing of oil have not been stopped or detected by our force.

Obviously something is wrong .

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:14am On Oct 10, 2022
Rich4god:

If our forces can stop piracy, how come stealing of oil have not been stopped or detected by our force.

Tackling piracy in the high sea is not difficult If you are have the appropriate hardwares but deep inside the creeks is difficult even with right tools.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
bidexiii:

Tackling piracy in the high sea is not difficult If you are have the appropriate hardwares but deep inside the creeks is difficult even with right tools.

Actually, I think you are wrong.

Pirates usually employ speedboats and stage hit-and-run attacks. These speedboats are hard to pick up and intercept.

Oil theft on the other hand is carried out with supertankers. These supertankers are slow and almost as big as aircraft carriers and they spend many days loading up with stolen oil. There is simply no way on this green earth the navy doesn't see these supertankers on their radars and sensors. It is just impossible because these ships are simply far too big to miss.

According to information in public, we are losing up to a million barrels of oil per day and I don't want to think about how many billions of barrels we have lost over 8-9 years. Not one measly supertanker has been caught that I know of. The only possible explanation is that those supertankers engaged in oil theft are vertical take off and landing UFO ships that descend on landing pads in the creeks and then vertically ascend and zoom off.

The only other possible explanation is that this is a very organized operation that reaches the highest echelons of the presidency. If that is not the case, the heads of the navy would have long been fired and charged with treason. If that is not the case, measures would have long been implemented to make largescale oil theft just about impossible.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
Rich4god:

The answer is that piracy is a bigger threat to them than large scale oil theft. The other answer is that this is not really oil theft because they collaborate and benefit from the theft.

Think about it bro. How come the small speedboats that pirates typically use are easier to spot and eliminate than the supertankers that come to our coast to load up with stolen oil and depart for the high seas? How is that possible? Like is a bungalow easier to see than a skyscraper?

Our entire coast is sealed off with Falcon's eye and other kinds of sensors to the point that nothing can come in and out that we know of, but supertankers have been freely sailing in and out of our coasts for many years, while laden with stolen oil. Are these supertankers invisible? Are they covered with radar evading tiles and optical tricking devices? Or do they load up with stolen crude oil, transform into submarines and sail under the sea where our navy can't see them?

My hope is that everyone involved with this years-long r@pe of our country will be unmasked, tried for treason and shot.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
shocked
GabrielYulaw:

Pirates usually employ speedboats and stage hit-and-run attacks. These speedboats are hard to pick up and intercept.

Oil theft on the other hand is carried out with supertankers. These supertankers are slow and almost as big as aircraft carriers and they spend many days loading up with stolen oil. There is simply no way on this green earth the navy doesn't see these supertankers on their radars and sensors. It is just impossible because these ships are simply far too big to miss.

According to information in public, we are losing up to a million barrels of oil per day and I don't want to think about how many billions of barrels we have lost over 8-9 years. Not one measly supertanker has been caught that I know of. The only possible explanation is that those supertankers engaged in oil theft are vertical take off and landing UFO ships that descend on landing pads in the creeks and then vertically ascend and zoom off.

The only other possible explanation is that this is a very organized operation that reaches the highest echelons of the presidency. If that is not the case, the heads of the navy would have long been fired and charged with treason. If that is not the case, measures would have long been implemented to make largescale oil theft just about impossible.
How many barrels do we produce a day that we lose "almost a million every day"

Smuggling petroleum products across the border is another industry that ought to be dismantled

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Odunayaw:
:oHow many barrels do we produce a day that we lose "almost a million every day"

Smuggling petroleum products across the border is another industry that ought to be dismantled

After everything I said up there, it is how many barrels we produce a year that you want to dispute. No problem.

The product smuggling across borders you want to talk about, is it done by ships or petrol tankers and cars with extra fuel tanks? Even if there's an army of tankers smuggling fuel across our borders, e no go still reach what's being done with supertankers carrying our stolen fuel.

And one more point- you said that fuel is being smuggled across our borders and I agree. But the fuel is not crude oil- it is in the main refined fuel that we imported. And smuggling it would not be possible if customs and police did their duty. Why are they not doing their duty and have not done so for years without punishment, thereby making fuel smuggling possible?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

You totally got what am saying wrong, I was laying emphasis on the terrain, the creek could always possess a perfect hiding place for this hudlums and a perfect terrain to lunch an ambush !

The best way to monitor the creeks in modern times is not actually through difficult water terrains but through air surveillance.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

After everything I said up there, it is how many barrels we produce a year that you want to dispute. No problem.

The product smuggling across borders you want to talk about, is it done by ships or petrol tankers and cars with extra fuel tanks? Even if there's an army of tankers smuggling fuel across our borders, e no go still reach what's being done with supertankers carrying our stolen fuel.

And one more point- you said that fuel is being smuggled across our borders and I agree. But the fuel is not crude oil- it is in the main refined fuel that we imported. And smuggling it would not be possible if customs and police did their duty. Why are they not doing their duty and have not done so for years without punishment, thereby making fuel smuggling possible?
I can't but notice the tone of aggression in this. Abi I de imagine things?

About the factual figure of barrels. Since you quoted sources I felt we ought to put things in proper perspective because many people come hear to read these discussions.
Do you want them to be misinformed abi wetin I talk there de bring out your vein? grin

I brought up petroleum smuggling products because it has similar implications with the oil theft hence I used the word "another industry"

You suppose de chill. No be debate be this

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
Odunayaw:
I can't but notice the tone of aggression in this. Abi I de imagine things?

About the factual figure of barrels. Since you quoted sources I felt we ought to put things in proper perspective because many people come hear to read these discussions.
Do you want them to be misinformed abi wetin I talk there de bring out your vein? grin

I brought up petroleum smuggling products because it has similar implications with the oil theft hence I used the word "another industry"

You suppose de chill. No be debate be this

I am being aggressive? The country is going broke because the majority of the crude it produces is being stolen and I should be dispassionate about it? The loss in revenue causes funding shortfall that results in the government borrowing heavily and taxing almost everything taxable. You don't think these taxes affect me and everyone else?

And the petroleum smuggling thing is disingenuous because it is imported refined crude that's being smuggled, not crude oil from the oil fields and offshore. What I answered was a question about why the navy finds its easier to track and eliminate pirates, while doing nothing about oil theft, not about how imported fuel is being smuggled to other countries.

Anyway, the last source I read a week ago mentioned a million barrels a day of crude going missing. I just did another search and most sources mention 400K plus barrels lost per day, translating to $7 to $14billion lost yearly to oil theft and vandalism.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
bidexiii:

You totally got what am saying wrong, I was laying emphasis on the terrain, the creek could always possess a perfect hiding place for this hudlums and a perfect terrain to lunch an ambush !

The best way to monitor the creeks in modern times is not actually through difficult water terrains but through air surveillance.

Got it now.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

I am being aggressive? The country is going broke because the majority of the crude it produces is being stolen and I should be dispassionate about it? The loss in revenue causes funding shortfall that results in the government borrowing heavily and taxing almost everything taxable. You don't think these taxes affect me and everyone else?

And the petroleum smuggling thing is disingenuous because it is imported refined crude that's being smuggled, not crude oil from the oil fields and offshore. What I answered was a question about why the navy finds its easier to track and eliminate pirates, while doing nothing about oil theft, not about how imported fuel is being smuggled to other countries.

Anyway, the last source I read a week ago mentioned a million barrels a day of crude going missing. I just did another search and most sources mention 400K plus barrels lost per day, translating to $7 to $14billion lost yearly to oil theft and vandalism.
grin Read straight bro. If you do, you'd see after I corrected the figures about the barrels, the smuggling part is to buttress all you wrote down

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:38am On Oct 11, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

Got it now.

Tompolo men and Security agencies set ablaze this big oil theft vessel...

Video; https://fb.watch/g4DbvgmF3q/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
bidexiii:

Tompolo men and Security agencies set ablaze this big oil theft vessel...

Video; https://fb.watch/g4DbvgmF3q/

Congratulations to them. But wouldn't an auction of the vessel be best?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.