Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067336 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
tdayof:

Looks sweet. Someone won't get to eat Christmas chicken grin

How...... .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
bidexiii:
How...... .
Dead people neither celebrate Christmas nor eat chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Xmas

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Celebrating Xmass in the front line
#Birwin Gwari.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
More......

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
Conclusion.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
Xbee007:
Dead people neither celebrate Christmas nor eat chicken.
Dead Men tell no tales.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
TROOPS AMBUSH BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IED EXPERT AND RECOVERS OVER 200 COWS IN BANERI

Troops of 21 Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, in conjunction with elements of 121 Battalion, on Friday 22nd December 2017, laid an ambush for Boko Haram terrorists at one of their suspected crossing points near Firgi, Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

During the ambush, the troops neutralized one of the terrorists suspected to be an expert Improvised Explosives Device (IED) expert, while other terrorists escaped with gunshot wounds. The gallant troops recovered 1 Gas Cylinder suspected to be for IED, 2 Water Bottles and 1 Motorcycle.

In another development, troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE on Saturday 23rd December 2017 following a report that suspected Boko Haram terrorists have rustled and carted away over 200 cows at Makandari Village in Kala Balge Local Government Area, mobilized a fighting patrol which pursued the terrorists to Beneri village where contact was made.

The patrol team engaged the terrorists and neutralized 2 of the criminal Boko Haram terrorists cattle rustlers. They recovered 1 AK-47 Rifle, an empty Magazine, 2 Motorcycles and 1 National Identity Card. In addition, the gallant troops also recovered all the rustled cows and returned to the rightful owners.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Photos

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
More....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
No doubt these guys are doing a great job with what they have, but i kinda find it weird each time i read about terrorists escaping with gunshot wounds.
Escape where and why wasn't there any chase? An injured terrorist that escape today is gonna be active in the field tomorrow. Why allow these constant escapes, not saying any of this is easy, but you laid an ambush, and yet there were escape routes for the enemy? who might actually be on foot or motorcycle?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 12:55am On Dec 26, 2017
Sizzorkay:
No doubt these guys are doing a great job with what they have, but i kinda find it weird each time i read about terrorists escaping with gunshot wounds.
Escape where and why wasn't there any chase? An injured terrorist that escape today is gonna be active in the field tomorrow. Why allow these constant escapes, not saying any of this is easy, but you laid an ambush, and yet there were escape routes for the enemy? who might actually be on foot or motorcycle?
My own question is how do they (NA) distinguish between BHT elements and a regular "Joe' whose just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Looking at the pictures above this comment you'll see that the dead guy could easily be a 'mere" herdsman.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2017
lionel4power:

My own question is how do they (NA) distinguish between BHT elements and a regular "Joe' whose just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Looking at the pictures above this comment you'll see that the dead guy could easily be a 'mere" herdsman.
Let me try and answer your question
Most of the BH hard core terrorists have Tatoos.
Unlike what is also said in the papers BH don't blend in.They live and stay apart from the general population.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:19am On Dec 26, 2017
lionel4power:

Don't forget just last week ;"RESS RELEASE
167 INSURGENTS CAPTURED AS TROOPS INTENSIFY OPERATIONS IN LAKE CHAD ISLANDS
delivered a blow to BHT" & "TROOPS INFLICT HEAVY CASUALTY ON BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS AS THEY ABANDON VEHICLES, ARMS AND EQUIPMENT"-recovering and altering numbers of weapons vehicles, hostages and BHT.

Now the question you would av asked is how do they differentiate between BHT and hostage. Dont forget the NA is fivhting hand in hand with the locals who understand the terrain, who is who, where is from ? and rhey can even tell if someone is Hausa or Kanuri, chadian or Niger by there look.

The NA is a professional Army and has come of age in their tactics employed in fivhting terrorism.

One last thing if you are not a terrorist or bandit what will you be doing or how will you survive in that evil forest.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:26am On Dec 26, 2017
Sizzorkay:

And you chase them into their den....... cheesy cool

That would be somehow dangerous they would have radio in there base that they suffered an heavy attack and they would be coming in hot, any attempt to chase them back would result to an ambush.

I think the best solution is to av an eye in the sky, followed by air bombardment or a coordinated ground attack there after.

And most of these wounded BHT die thereafter. I think sometimes last year a grave of BHT was discovered at there camp and a video that surfaced showing dead and wounded terrorist fighters and the back of their vehicles.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30am On Dec 26, 2017
ARMY HIERARCHY CELEBRATES CHRISTMAS WITH TROOPS IN GWOZA AND BUNI YADI

As has been the tradition, the hierarchy of the Nigerian Army is celebrating this year's yuletide period with troops in the field. This time around, the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai, represented by the Chief of Administration (Army), Major General IM Alkali, Chief of Civil-Military Affairs, Major General NE Angbazo, Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General RI Nicholas, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General SK Usman, along with some of the Principal Staff Officers at Headquarters 7 Division and field commanders are celebrating the 2017 Christmas with the gallant troops of 26 Task Force Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
The venue for the celebration is the Headquarters complex of 26 Task Force Brigade, Gwoza in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
The celebration of the Christmas with the troops apart from boosting troops morale, affords an opportunity to meet and celebrate the season of Christmas (love) amongst them in order to foster espirit-de- corps.
Similarly, the Chief of Training and Operations (Army), Major General DD Ahmadu led another team to Headquarters 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Yadi, Yobe State, where they celebrated the Christmas with the troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31am On Dec 26, 2017
Photos.....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2017
More.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2017
More....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2017
Concluding photos.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:37am On Dec 26, 2017
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 2018 GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM LIEUTENANT GENERAL TY BURATAI CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF TO OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY

1. I wish to convey my warmest greetings to officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army and their families on the occasion of this year’s Christmas and New Year 2018 Celebrations. Christmas is an occasion for merriment, relaxation and reflections. We must, therefore, continue to appreciate our collective responsibility towards the maintenance of the security conditions that allow for the proper celebrations of Christmas in every part of our country. I commend the hard work and sacrifices of our gallant officers and soldiers currently engaged in Operation LAFIYA DOLE and other operations across the country. This celebration is a testimony to our successes and also a celebration of your gallantry, tenacity and loyalty in the maintenance of peace/security in Nigeria. We continue to pray to the Almighty God for the repose of the souls of our fallen comrades.

2. I urge you all to maintain the momentum as we continue to professionally discharge our constitutional roles. I assure you of my commitment to your welfare and that of your families. We must all remain loyal and grateful to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, and indeed all well-meaning Nigerians for their unflinching commitment to bringing peace to every nook and cranny of our nation, and for supporting the Nigerian Army as required.

3. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and New Year celebrations as we look forward to greater progress in 2018.

TY BURATAI
Lieutenant General
25 Dec 17 Chief of Army Staff
Abuja
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:39am On Dec 26, 2017
Sizzorkay:

TROOPS CHASE SUSPECTED BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

This evening, there was an attempted attack by suspected Boko Haram terrorist who came with Person Borne Improvised Explosives Devices (PIED) and gun trucks to steal foodstuff and also attack troops around Molai area, outskirts of Maiduguri, but met stiff resistance fm troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE who repelled them and secured the community. No lost of lives to own troops and normalcy has since been restored. Meanwhile troops have been on the trail of the remnants of the terrorists. Unfortunately, during their retreat, they set two vehicles on fire and some thatched houses at the outskirts of the city gate. Both ground troops and the Nigerian Air Force are on hot pursuit and interdicting the fleeing terrorists that are now in disarray.

Maj Gen RI Nicholas, Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2017
On behalf of the Officers, Airmen/Airwomen and the Civilian Staff of the Nigerian Air Force, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, wishes all Christians a Merry Christmas. He also wishes all Nigerians a Happy New Year in advance.

DOPRI
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:51am On Dec 26, 2017
ENS Gamal Abdel Nasser docking at its homeport in #Safaga; the headquarters of #Egypt's southern naval fleet command. ⚓️�

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2017
#Egyptian paratroopers gearing up for an airborne assault training exercise. New #Czech #CZ_807 assault rifles have started entering service.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:56am On Dec 26, 2017
Egyptian Interior Rapid Deployment and Traffic Police. AK-103 AR-70/90 CZ Scorpion Evo 3

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Egyptian Paratrooper Special Forces with their Greek counter parts. Late 2000s

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:59am On Dec 26, 2017
First batch of #Somali army cadets graduate from the Turkish built military training facility after receiving combat skills in the infantary field.The Somali soldiers are using MPT-76.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:03am On Dec 26, 2017
#YearInReview Somali National Army soldiers of the Danab battalion conduct convoy operations training with the @USArmy @101stAASLTDIV in Mogadishu, Somalia, May 22, 2017 #ICYMI #YIR

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2017
The Egyptian-made MRAP vehicle Temsah 2 with the security forces in El-Arish city , N. #Sinai

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:08am On Dec 26, 2017
@EgyArmySpox - 3rd field army forces with support of air force killed 8 terrorist elements, arrest another one , and destroyed 8 hideouts ,motorcycle & IEd during military operations in Central #Sinai .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2017
Picture of the day ......... shocked shocked grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.