Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,195 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3072638 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xbee007:

@the bolded in Frum's post.
The @$#!& gole is still quoting the Leahy Act.
Like the left wing obama licking mofo
that he is.
The Leahy act can be waived by the President.
Frum stop hiding your left wing racizt ideas on this blog.
You are not patting the native and saying jolly good old chap.
South Africa paid a grip and a half. for their Birds
you did not write an essay and a half, so why now.
Like I said who died and made you an Authority.
Pratt and Witney is an American Company with a subsidiary in Canada.slowpoke!!.
And you didn't answer does a PGGM procurement made in Russia not tear a Boko Haram to pieces.
Or because America has now decided to sell us weapons in the open we are now dancing for joy
For your Freaking brain and leahy act
Nigeria has M16 and some 50 cal .
All our parts for the C130s come from rhe atates.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Kk
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
nemesis4u:

Well when we write posts sometimes it ends up giving another impression / thought which we did not mean explicitly...
I understand the importance of letting people freely air their opinion and respecting it whether it goes down well with me or it doesn't, that is why I never engage in e-insults. Frum is an esteem member of this forum, plus his experience most of us here only have a glimpse of it in video games or movies. Heck, I have never even touched a helicopter before, weird isn't it? Though, been few metres away from an ex-president's helicopter convoy before.

But for the sake of elevated arguments, we are free to disagree with people regardless of their wealth of experience. I will disagree with a US general if he tells me that Nigeria doesn't need Smart munitions to defeat Boko Haram militarily. I have seen videos of how A-Jets with dumb bombs perform in close combat situations, utterly useless to be candid.

However, that doesn't mean I don't know war isn't always about bullets and bombs. With good intelligence you could end a war before it even starts. BHTs festered because of lack of quality intelligence. Sadly, they will continue to grow if we don't improve our intelligence gathering and no amount of Super Tucano or SU35 could end that. It is a bitter pill but it is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xbee007:

@the bolded in Frum's post.
I could've said so much more, but I do believe my interlocutor is merely misinformed and is open to rational discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
Tt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
NNSBS about to get much more involved in solving internal security issues. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLN_KWO6De8

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerialAlpha(f): 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

The 3rd pics looks funny. Its too razz... Rags everywhere. He looks like a native doctor. undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:01am On Jan 29, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

This doesn't seem right. The navy doesn't have any other SF unit apart from SBS?

After watching the video, I can confirm that it's just the normal way of proposing things to just be in the news. grin
So they need to start inviting every command and review which one is the best. grin

Abeg, I know most of the senators don't even know there is something called special boat services. So leave MOD/DHQ alone to select.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 6:19am On Jan 29, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Good way to tell the politicians you need more funds
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:39am On Jan 29, 2018
Josfactz:

Good way to tell the politicians you need more funds

Internal security will not make the Senate release $500m for the navy to buy corvettes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2018
tdayof:

I just got some disturbing news...Google strava then cross-reference the present COIN operations in the Northeast
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2018
[quote author=BruncleZuma post=64600498][/quote]even bases in the middle east are not left out.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2018
Cc: Brunclezuma

1) Not just US bases. Here is a Turkish patrol N of Manbij
2) You can see the Russian operating area in Khmeimim, but also the guard patrol to the NE.
3) Here are some FOBs in Afghanistan.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:21am On Jan 29, 2018
So... um, you could probably trivially scrape Strava and thus identify individual runners and routes. What I'm saying is, you could identify just who made those tracks in Rutba.

Alot of operators id should be visible already as you can trace the ID of whosoever owns the route.

National security at risk grin Let me check for Nigeria sef

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2018
The interior routes and outer perimeter of Assad's Salamyia chemical weapons and missile base in Hama Syria.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Some heavy jogging activity on the beach around what looks like the reported CIA annex at Mogadishu airport

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:30am On Jan 29, 2018
Taiwan missile command Centre.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 7:34am On Jan 29, 2018
tdayof:
even bases in the middle east are not left out.
This is the reason why I asked my bosses to ban the use of PokemonGo on our facilities, you never know where and who is using the data.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2018
OFF TOPIC

BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION APPEAL FOR PARTNERSHIP WITH 22 BRIGADE TO ERADICATE POLIO

Ahead of the final push to eradicate polio in the northeastern states of Nigeria, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has appealed to 22 Armoured Brigade to help in its crusade. This appeal was made through the Foundation’s Coordinator in Nigeria, Mr. Michael Galway during his courtesy visit to the Commander, 22 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier General John Ochai at the Brigade headquarters Dikwa, Borno State, on Saturday 27th January 2018.

Mr. Galway, while briefing the Commander said that a lot has been done in the past with presumption that the virus has been completely eradicated, until 2016 when the virus resurfaced around the Lake Chad region. He stressed that the virus is harbored where insurgents operates which makes it really difficult for his team to reach. However, he believed that, it is only the Nigerian Army who can take the vaccine to those areas, most especially the liberated villages; with the use of ODK mobile phones to get coordinates. He further said, “we are on the last mile; we hope you will help us achieve our goal at finding a lasting solution to the issue of polio in Nigeria”.

Responding, Brigadier General Ochai praised Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for staying committed despite all the difficulties to eradicate polio in Nigeria, especially in the northeastern part of the country. He further added that, “your Foundation is pursuing a worthy cause; and we are ready to collaborate with you to achieve this goal. I can assure you that within the limit of our logistics, we would ensure we cover all these villages and desired result shall be achieved”.

Earlier, the Brigade Commander took Mr. Michael Galway to Fort Rabe’s Monument, Primary Healthcare Centres and Internally Displaced persons’ (IDPs) in Dikwa town.

You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Lieutenant YEMI SOKOYA
Assistant Director 22 Brigade Army Public Relations

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2018
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 29, 2018
tdayof:

Internal security will not make the Senate release $500m for the navy to buy corvettes.
Heheh you have a point, but at the end of the day it’s the politicians that hold power, these senate committees probably have the authority to release some extra funds for the Navy if they agree to render their special services to the nation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2018
#RANDOM

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2018
Jumping on the Strava heat map bandwagon with some cool locations in #Libya, starting with #Tripoli. I wonder what's going on in this mansion with pool and a perimeter that just happens to be within walking distance of #Mitiga airport...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 10:39am On Jan 29, 2018
bidexiii:
Jumping on the Strava heat map bandwagon with some cool locations in #Libya, starting with #Tripoli. I wonder what's going on in this mansion with pool and a perimeter that just happens to be within walking distance of #Mitiga airport...

You too grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2018
BruncleZuma:

You too grin grin grin grin

I checked for Bornu state but I found a little signature. In my opinion, I would have suggested such area is being used by foreign military in Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
tdayof:

I checked for Bornu state but I found a little signature. In my opinion, I would have suggested such area is being used by foreign military in Nigeria.

The officer's mess and the airport area
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
Strava heat map of the Laikipia Air Base, kenya

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
Boko asked for it. grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlgpevtIao

A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), on 27 January 2018, successfully destroyed an artillery gun and some gun trucks belonging to the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in the Sambisa Forest. A NAF Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform and the RPA had observed the terrorists withdrawing with the artillery gun and gun trucks after an unsuccessful operation. The NAF crews on both the ISR and the armed RPA trailed the withdrawing insurgents to their final destination in Parisu. Thereafter, the RPA acquired the artillery gun position and attacked the piece, causing a huge explosion and destroying the equipment. The explosion also killed insurgents operating the equipment and those around it while a few others were sighted fleeing from the site of the explosion. The successful air strikes are part of the ongoing coordinated air and land operations aimed at ridding the Sambisa Forest of the remnants of the insurgents.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public
Relations and Information
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Xbee007:
Boko asked for it. grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlgpevtIao

Nice video. I can see the UCAV picked some ground moving targets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nigeria to protest U.S. conditions on $494 million purchase of fighter planes

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria will protest to the United States over conditions imposed on its planned $494 million purchase of 12 A-29 Super Tucano fighter planes, Defence Minister Mansur Dan Ali said on Thursday.

Those conditions include the 2020 transfer date for the aircraft and that Nigerian technicians will not be trained by U.S. staff, be part of maintenance crews, nor can they study the production of the planes, he told reporters at a briefing in Abuja.

The sale of the planes has been dogged by controversy. Under Barack Obama, the former U.S. president, the aircraft deal had been held off due to concerns about the Nigerian military’s human rights abuses. In one instance, up to 170 people died last January after the air force bombed a refugee camp in the northeastern town of Rann.

But President Donald Trump’s administration approved the sale to support Nigeria’s efforts to fight Boko Haram militants and to boost U.S. defence jobs, sources told Reuters last April. In December, Nigeria’s air force said the deal had been formally agreed.

Dan Ali did not say whether the disagreement over the conditions would affect the air force’s Feb. 20 target for the final agreements to be signed and initial payments made.

“These conditions we will not accept,” he said.

“(Nigeria‘s) security council has approved the purchase of the aircrafts but some of the conditions America gave us are stringent. We will discuss reducing the conditions with the American ambassador, (and) payments will be made when the conditions are reduced.”

A spokesman for the U.S. embassy in Abuja did not immediately respond to phone calls or an email seeking comment.

The sale of the 12 aircraft, with weapons and service, includes thousands of bombs and rockets.

The propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance, surveillance and attack capabilities, is made by Brazil’s Embraer. A second production line is in Florida, in a partnership between Embraer and privately held Sierra Nevada Corp of Sparks, Nevada.

The Super Tucano costs more than $10 million each and the price can go much higher depending on the configuration. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT 6 engine. LINK https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-usa/nigeria-to-protest-u-s-conditions-on-494-million-purchase-of-fighter-planes-idUSKBN1FE27J
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
may be nigeria should consider this turkey made Hurkus-C Light Attack and Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft,uncle sam doesn't want your money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNSk-QtRzBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHb0RCg2ChY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
newafricaken254:
may be nigeria should consider this turkey made Hurkus-C Light Attack and Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft,uncle sam doesn't want your money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNSk-QtRzBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHb0RCg2ChY
From my pint of view this will never happen in a thousand years, the decision has been made years ago and it is final, now the only thing left is negotiation between MOD and the US government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.