Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,491 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073001 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xbee007:
BHTs have always enjoyed tacit supports from its hundred of thousands of sympathizers in the North which is why any Imam that publicly criticize the group, for its atrocities, is automatically signing his death warrant. Even if BHTs don't necessarily have foot soldiers in that locale.

Take Kano and Kaduna for instance, dozens of Imams have been assassinated by the group's sympathizers. We shouldn't forget the Kano 2014 bombing that saw well over 200 souls lost just because Sanusi Lamido spoke against BHTs.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/bomb-blasts-kill-200-kano-central-mosque/

I can recall the premature explosion that occurred in a built-up area in Kaduna several years ago. The bomb maker, his toddler, wife and some family members died when karma struck them in their home(that doubles as IED making factory. The bomb maker was just a civilian who suddenly decided that he would be making bombs for BHTs. He did succeed in killing hundred of people.

There are homes you will see in the North with glaring anti-west graffitis written on their walls, typical of terrorist organizations. The North fostered and nurtured Boko Haram, especially the fundamentalist Muslim population in Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and Borno. And the only reason they are screaming blue murder now is because BHTs focuses most of its attacks on Muslims population.

Walahi, if it had been Christian and other minority groups bearing the brunt of this psychoes alone, they wouldn't have given enough hoot.
Not a single sentence in this is wrong IMO. It’s like a simple rule of thumb, an insurgency (any type) cannot exist in an area without being embraced by the local people ! Why is the North West (sokoto and it’s surrounding environs) relatively safe today ? Because the elites came together and rejected this ideology from the start!

We don’t need to fool ourselves here

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xbee007:
BHTs have always enjoyed tacit supports from its hundred of thousands of sympathizers in the North which is why any Imam that publicly criticize the group, for its atrocities, is automatically signing his death warrant. Even if BHTs don't necessarily have foot soldiers in that locale.

Take Kano and Kaduna for instance, dozens of Imams have been assassinated by the group's sympathizers. We shouldn't forget the Kano 2014 bombing that saw well over 200 souls lost just because Sanusi Lamido spoke against BHTs.

I can recall the premature explosion that occurred in a built-up area in Kaduna several years ago. The bomb maker, his toddler, wife and some family members died when karma struck them in their home(that doubles as IED making factory. The bomb maker was just a civilian who suddenly decided that he would be making bombs for BHTs. He did succeed in killing hundred of people.

There are homes you will see in the North with glaring anti-west graffitis written on their walls, typical of terrorist organizations. The North fostered and nurtured Boko Haram, especially the fundamentalist Muslim population in Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto and Borno. And the only reason they are screaming blue murder now is because BHTs focuses most of its attacks on Muslims population.

Walahi, if it had been Christian and other minority groups bearing the brunt of this psychoes alone, they wouldn't have given enough hoot .

@the bolded...
Who are the "they" you are referring to sir ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Terror attack in burkina faso,Ouagadougou capital

Multiple armed attacks are underway in Burkina Faso's capital of Ouagadougou, with one centered on the French embassy, according to a post on the embassy's Facebook page.

"The attack is ongoing at the French embassy and the French Institute," the post said, adding that people should remain "confined" to where they are. The French Institute, a cultural organization, is about a mile away from the embassy.
France's ambassador to Burkina Faso, Xavier Lapdecab, urged people via Twitter to act with "absolute precaution" as the attack is ongoing.
France's special envoy to Africa's Sahel region, Jean-Marc Châtaigner, referred to a "terrorist attack" in a post on Twitter, as he urged people to avoid the city center.
Burkina Faso's national police warned people to move away from areas around the "vicinity of the Prime Ministry -- and the United Nations roundabout."
"The specialized units of the defense and security forces are in action," the force said on its official Facebook page.

he US Embassy in Burkina Faso also warned US citizens to seek shelter amid reports of gunfire.
A tweet from the US Embassy read: "@Usembassyouaga has received reports of gunfire in downtown Ouagadougou. Avoid the area of downtown Ouagadougou. Seek secure shelter. Monitor local media for updates. Check back here for more updates from the embassy." read more https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/02/africa/burkina-faso-ouagadougou-attack-intl/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9rNTM4TZrA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
U guys have access to the records relating to no of foreign mullahs present in the north during the aforesaid period .

And the influence they exerted on forming the ideology known as BH before being booted out , but unfortunately it was done too late.

Don't look for things that is already visible, look for things that r hidden , only then u will get the real picture.

The fragility of our perception is we see things that we want to see or see things that form the presented narrative. This leads to cognitive trap and hence exploited for misinformation and cover up.

Don't quote the post. Will delete it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Not a single sentence in this is wrong IMO. It’s like a simple rule of thumb, an insurgency (any type) cannot exist in an area without being embraced by the local people ! Why is the North West (sokoto and it’s surrounding environs) relatively safe today ? Because the elites came together and rejected this ideology from the start!

Bros, I did my NYSC in the far north, Mubi in Adamawa state to be precise. I worked my posting there so I could experience things first hand.

Everyone around there either speak Arabic or their local dialect. The only person who speaks English is their Village head. And his English is like that of a Primary 1.
It was hell on earth for me initially.

But after one year of National Service there, I promised myself if it is possible to do NYSC again, I will do it right there 1000 times over.

My point is, pls lets be careful of over simplification

So as to be able to differentiate Stereotype from Fact

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bros, I did my NYSC in the far north, Mubi in Adamawa state to be precise. I worked my posting there so I could experience things first hand.

Everyone around there either speak Arabic or their local dialect. The only person who speaks English is their Village head. And his English is like that of a Primary 1.
It was hell on earth for me initially.

But after one year of National Service there, I promised myself if it is possible to do NYSC again, I will do it right there 1000 times over.

My point is, pls lets be careful of over simplification

So as to be able to differentiate Stereotype from Fact
You haven’t addressed any specific thing I said though.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

@the bolded...
Who are the "they" you are referring to sir ?
The religious fundamentalists up North.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xbee007:

Walahi, if it had been Christian and other minority groups bearing the brunt of this psychoes alone, they wouldn't have given enough hoot.
this is basically happening because of the wahabi teaching being exported by the saudi,i live in a neighborhood where Somalis refugees reside.even the rich somalis with business and relative abroad,dont educate their child"but not all of them"i have seen mushrooming of madrassa schools in my neighbourhood. the saudis are simply funding chaos
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Psychologists called something "Classical Conditioning"
It explains how we form our opinions and believes based on what we are hearing since childhood.

That's why for an average Nigerian from the South, the image that comes to his mind when he hear about a Northerner is that of one rag-head, illiterate, aggressive Hausa speaking and uncivilized man that always have a dagger underneath his shirt.

I was like that too. Until I force my self outa my comfort zone to live among them... And that so far is the best decision of my life.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Exclusive photo For the 2nd #Egyptian Gowind 2500 corvette in Alexandria shipyard .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
Terror attack in burkina faso,Ouagadougou capital

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xbee007:

The religious fundamentalists up North.

Lol... Like the Southerners care about whats happening up North.

Sir, if you see half of what I saw during my NYSC up North... You will know that Northerners especially the uneducated ones, are the best Human being in Nigeria.

Bros pls, be careful of Stereotype.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
Intervention of French special forces in burkina faso,Ouagadougou capital following today's terrorist attacks. "

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
newafricaken254:
Intervention of French special forces in burkina faso,Ouagadougou capital following today's terrorist attacks. "

The French are getting involved in so many deep sheet..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Lol... Like the Southerners care about whats happening up North.

Sir, if you see half of what I saw during my NYSC up North... You will know that Northerners especially the uneducated ones, are the best Human being in Nigeria.

Bros pls, be careful of Stereotype.
You didn't read & understand any of Xbee's post and are now firing unaimed cry

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
bidexiii:

Myself and my buddies toast with cold zobo when we see the French like this,sticking their nose in the west Africa proverbial pot
grin They will be tired of this prom eventually

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
It seems that the light 4×4 APC Nimar proved more efficiency than Humvees in the ops & it's clear that it has been widely circulated with all combat units of #Egyptian army in #Sinai .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
Myself and my buddies toast with cold zobo when we see the French like this,sticking their nose in the west Africa proverbial pot
grin They will be tired of this prom eventually

grin grin shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

You guys are missing something important
Just like the creeks of Niger Delta, bandit areas of zamfara and hinterlands of NE, Poor governance, absences of Govt social facilities, lack of civil authority, degradation of environmental Resources .......

Early members of bokoharam(Taliban) were students learning in Asia,sudan n co
In Borno they got followership by showing the ppl are the negatives if democracy which was visible, it was almost like a popular movement, Youths from secondary- university n does who never entered one joint, after the 2009 offensive, they came back hard on locals their own ppl, what am still trying understand is if the early Taliban that fought in Kano n madara mid 2000s formed ansaru or joined BH

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
You didn't read & understand any of Xbee's post and are now firing unaimed cry

Xbee007:

To the best of my understanding, that paragraph above by Xbee is an opinion or at best a believe form based on Stereotype.

Recently, the people of Switzerland rejected Muslims from raising Mosque minarets. They said as long as Muslims stay in Switzerland they cant do that and it was backed by Swiss laws and Courts.

Can we call this "is this typical of terrorist organizations" ?

The People of North Korea have a terrible relationship with the West. They show anti West writings, demonstrations and even Military parades... Is this typical of "terrorist organizations" ?

South Africa recently passed anti West law ie "Land Expropriation" is this typical of terrorist organizations?

Same thing goes with Russia... Who came out yesterday to inform the world that they now have a Missile that cannot be intercepted by Western Missile Defence Shields... Is this typical of terrorist organizations too ?

But then, the Muslims in the northern Nigeria who are protecting their religion and culture from Western ideologies... That is typical of terrorist organization.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Psychologists called something "Classical Conditioning"
It explains how we form our opinions and believes based on what we are hearing since childhood.

That's why for an average Nigerian from the South, the image that comes to his mind when he hear about a Northerner is that of one rag-head, illiterate, aggressive Hausa speaking and uncivilized man that always have a dagger underneath his shirt.

I was like that too. Until I force my self outa my comfort zone to live among them... And that so far is the best decision of my life.
You are repeating the same nonsense like a broken record. No one is talking about stereotypes here. I have definitely lived in the North than you have since you only went there for your NYSC. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I have made enough quality friends in the North. But that will not blind me to the various anomalies up there.
They marry more than they can afford. Birth litters of children they can't cater for and leave them on the street to become beggars. And most have an unhealthy attitude towards Western education.

Have you ever had an encounter with an almajiri child? Have you seen the filthy abode they call home? Have you seen hitherto superficial wound on their body metastasis just because they lack medical attention? Have you seen them lying on the street barely alive?

I have seen them. Paid them to wash my cloth and do my dishes. And yeah, some of them do have daggers hidden in their pants. I have seen one use a dagger, he retrieved from his loin area, to cut an orange. I was petrified, like who uses a dagger to cut orange?

You may wonder, "are there no educated elite in the North to stop this ticking time bomb?"
Well, there are many of em. Just that they prefer the status quo because it benefit them.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

To the best of my understanding, that paragraph above by Xbee is an opinion or at best a believe form based on Stereotype.

Recently, the people of Switzerland rejected Muslims from raising Mosque minarets. They said as long as Muslims stay in Switzerland they cant do that and it was backed by Swiss laws and Courts.

The People of North Korea have a terrible relationship with the West. They show anti West writings, demonstrations and even Military parades... Is this typical of "terrorist organizations" ?

South Africa recently passed anti West law ie "Land Expropriation" is this typical of terrorist organizations?

Same thing goes with Russia... Who came out yesterday to inform the world that they now have a Missile that cannot be intercepted by Western Missile Defence Shields... Is this typical of terrorist organizations too ?

But then, the Muslims in the northern Nigeria who are protecting their religion and culture from Western ideologies... That is typical of terrorist organization.
protecting their religion from infidels,is that what you mean !?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xbee007:

You are repeating the same nonsense like a broken record. No one is talking about stereotypes here. I have definitely lived in the North than you have since you only went there for your NYSC. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I have made enough quality friends in the North. But that will not blind me to the various anomalies up there.
They marry more than they can afford. Birth litters of children they can't cater for and leave them on the street to become beggars. And most have an unhealthy attitude towards Western education.

Have you ever had an encounter with an almajiri child? Have you seen the filthy abode they call home? Have you seen hitherto superficial wound on their body metastasis just because they lack medical attention? Have you seen them lying on the street barely alive?

I have seen them. Paid them to wash my cloth and do my dishes. And yeah, some of them do have daggers hidden in their pants. I have seen one use a dagger, he retrieved from his loin area, to cut an orange. I was petrified, like who uses a dagger to cut orange?

You may wonder, "are there no educated elite in the North to stop this ticking time bomb?"
Well, there are many of em. Just that they prefer the status quo because it benefit them.

Now with this, you just removed my doubt about you being one narrow minded tribalist.

Have a great day ahead sir... wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
bidexiii:

its their backyard.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
newafricaken254:
this is basically happening because of the wahabi teaching being exported by the saudi,i live in a neighborhood where Somalis refugees reside.even the rich somalis with business and relative abroad,dont educate their child"but not all of them"i have seen mushrooming of madrassa schools in my neighbourhood. the saudis are simply funding chaos
The problem that unchecked Wahabihism is gonna cause in Nigeria will make Boko Haram activities look like a 5year old painting book.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

but then, the Muslims in the northern Nigeria who are protecting their religion and culture from Western ideologies... That is typical of terrorist organization.
As a Yoruba man now I should "protect" my culture (of tribal marks) from Western ideologies by burning schools(as an agent of the "west"wink,oh the churches! Burn them too(damn agents)
Little research on boko would tell you they started as " alternative to status quo(injustice perpetuated by corrupt elites), later "it is the ideologies of the west that turned our elites and impoverished alike that should be dealt with", what next ancestral lands?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
newafricaken254:
protecting their religion from infidels,is that what you mean !?

Were some South Western States in Nigeria like Lagos and Osun protecting their religion from infidels when they ban the teaching of any local Language other than Yoruba Language from their Schools ? wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Were some South Western States in Nigeria like Lagos and Osun protecting their religion from infidels when they ban the teaching of any local Language other than Yoruba Language from their Schools ? wink
do you know who Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab was and his teachings !?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Now with this, you just removed my doubt about you being one narrow minded tribalist.

Have a great day ahead sir... wink
Fvcking ret*rd!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
As a Yoruba man now I should "protect" my culture (of tribal marks) from Western ideologies by burning schools(as an agent of the "west"wink,oh the churches! Burn them too(damn agents)
Little research on boko would tell you they started as " alternative to status quo(injustice perpetuated by corrupt elites), later "it is the ideologies of the west that turned our elites and impoverished alike that should be dealt with", what next ancestral lands?

Why are you being a joker sir...

So you mean you have to burn down Churches and Schools before you protect your Yoruba lineage ?

Northerners who's protecting their Religion and Culture by reasonable writings are far different from those misguarded Terrorists who blow up places.

You can protect your heritages without resulting to violence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Dream2(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.