Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3017957 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 26, 2018
bidex111:

NA should arm and upgrade ahe Eurocopter AS350
No matter how you arm those things they can never completely fill the role of AH’s, NA should have done the right thing and one for attach helicopters from the start, but what do I know I guess they have other requirements.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 26, 2018
UPDF AF L-39

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 26, 2018
Armed NAF dodo birds flying in formation

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 26, 2018
Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2018
Senegal

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 26, 2018
bidex111:

NA should arm and upgrade ahe Eurocopter AS350
Something like this yeah ?
There are soo many good multirole helicopters out there, honestly don’t know how NA picked the As350

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2018
Henry240:

It's purely geographical. Turkey is pretty much mountainious. Same as the areas around the Himalayas.

Countries such as Turkey, Pakistan, India and China need their helicopters to be able to perform optimally in mountainious regions.

thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Something like this yeah ?
There are soo many good multirole helicopters out there, honestly don’t know how NA picked the As350
I tell you, but wetin man pikin know
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 26, 2018
iblawi:

I've been wondering, why will army need attack helicopters to fly at such altitude? Armies need helicopters for close air support except they are planning to fight on mount Everest? Can someone help me out please? nemesis8u

Generally speaking....

1.Operations from high altitude airfields to even higher altitudes

Helicopters and aircrafts suffer from severe (highest) drop in payload capacity and operational capabilities.

2.Operations from high altitude airfields to lower altitudes

Helicopters and aircrafts suffer from significant (medium) drop in payload capacity and operational capabilities.

3.Operations from low altitude airfields to higher altitudes

Helicopters and aircrafts r able to operate at near their optimal payload capacity and operational capabilities.

All these apply if the concerned helicopters and aircrafts r certified and qualified to operate at such altitudes in the first place.

As far as I know LCH is the only attack helicopter which has been purpose build and designed grounds up for operating at its near operational capabilities in high altitudes.

It is certified to carry out operations even at the 19,600 feet high Saltoro Range in Siachen Glacier area which is the highest battlefield in the world.

In 2015 it became the first attack helicopter to land at 15800 feet with designated weapons and fuel load at a forward operating base in Siachen.

Other helicopters which can fly at high altitudes will still be handicapped by limited operational capabilities etc.

Many helicopters have a high service ceiling, but there is big difference in operating over plains and over mountains 16000 feet high or more at - 50 to - 5 degrees C .

Unsteady aerodynamic forces generated by the mountains and the very demanding "Hot and High" conditions ie the already rarified atmosphere low on oxygen becomes even more low on oxygen due to heat reflected over the mountains. Add to it the icy winds at more 160km per hour and the "down drafting" trying to pull the helicopter down. Not to mention the good weather conditions etc etc is something which very few helicopters and even fewer attack helicopters can handle.

For info...... wink wink wink

Turkey doesn't have those high altitudes (as the Himalayan regions) as operational areas nor the operational requirements for the dedicated use of T 129 in such conditions, its base design ( Agusta A129 Mangusta ) was for European conditions and still is.

Pak...... operational areas r at lower altitudes below the Siachen areas.

Pak..... has gone for the t129 becz

1. 10 Z proved less effective during evaluation ( as per pa.... )

2. Chinese not willing to offer loans for the subsequent buy ( at lower rates )

3.The Turks have offered them low interest long term loans.

Mostly it's about the money grin

What is interesting is

Financial Action Taken Force's (FATF) nominated pak.... for grey list for supporting and financing terrorists in January this year

If it gets included in the black list in June then Pak... will not be allowed access to global banking, loans , issue bonds etc etc

So how r they going to make transactions since dollars euros etc not available

Pak... foreign reserves right now is only 13.5 billions and expected to drop to 2.2 billions by June end.

So where is the money to buy arms ?

Also as far as I know the US is yet to give export approval for the LHTEC CTS-800 turboshaft engine on t129 for Pak..... without the approval turkey cannot export it unless without the engines.

Let's see how things play out kiss

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2018
nemesis8u:

Generally speaking....

Helicopters and aircrafts suffer from severe (highest) drop in payload capacity and operational capabilities.

Helicopters and aircrafts suffer from significant (medium) drop in payload capacity and operational capabilities.

Helicopters and aircrafts r able to operate at near their optimal payload capacity and operational capabilities.

All these apply if the concerned helicopters and aircrafts r certified and qualified to operate at such altitudes in the first place.

As far as I know LCH is the only attack helicopter which has been purpose build and designed grounds up for operating at its near operational capabilities in high altitudes.

It is certified to carry out operations even at the 19,600 feet high Saltoro Range in Siachen Glacier area which is the highest battlefield in the world.

In 2015 it became the first attack helicopter to land at 15800 feet with designated weapons and fuel load at a forward operating base in Siachen.

Other helicopters which can fly at high altitudes will still be handicapped by limited operational capabilities etc.

Many helicopters have a high service ceiling, but there is big difference in operating over plains and over mountains 16000 feet high or more at - 50 to - 5 degrees C .

Unsteady aerodynamic forces generated by the mountains and the very demanding "Hot and High" conditions ie the already rarified atmosphere low on oxygen becomes even more low on oxygen due to heat reflected over the mountains. Add to it the icy winds at more 160km per hour and the "down drafting" trying to pull the helicopter down. Not to mention the good weather conditions etc etc is something which very few helicopters and even fewer attack helicopters can handle.

Turkey doesn't have those high altitudes (as the Himalayan regions) as operational areas nor the operational requirements for the dedicated use of T 129 in such conditions, its base design ( Agusta A129 Mangusta ) was for European conditions and still is.

What is interesting is

Financial Action Taken Force's (FATF) nominated pak.... for grey list for supporting and financing terrorists in January this year

If it gets included in the black list in June then Pak... will not be allowed access to global banking, loans , issue bonds etc etc

Pak... foreign reserves right now is only 13.5 billions and expected to drop to 2.2 billions by June end.

Also as far as I know the US is yet to give export approval for the LHTEC CTS-800 turboshaft engine on t129 for Pak..... without the approval turkey cannot export it unless without the engines.

Nice reply. Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 26, 2018
Off topic

High altitude flying at 20000-24000 feet in the most adverse flying conditions over the Himalayas meet the helicopter pilots who do it daily - SIACHEN PIONEERS 114 helicopter unit.

If that was not enough that too under under enemy fire and shelling.

https://www.theweek.in/theweek/specials/india-defence-siachen.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/column-here-s-what-the-indian-army-and-air-force-are-confronted-with-in-the-siachen-glacier-2175260

https://theprint.in/opinion/indias-first-pilot-to-land-on-siachen-life-saved-by-army-comrade/49255/

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/the-untold-story-of-the-brave-iaf-helicopter-pilots-at-siachen-335021-2016-08-13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ybkTzTxzo

This video is from a siachen base the world's highest battlefield where sometimes the helicopters come under enemy shelling during landing and and take off.

So what do the pilots do if the mission is critical they do the unthinkable they fly in bad weather and bad visibility conditions
Becz the enemy artillery can't operate in such conditions and therefore can't target the makeshift helipads

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 26, 2018
iblawi:

Nice reply. Thanks
I agree. But even you know say e yarn go face one direction. You no need "Aye'la-la" to tell you so.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 26, 2018
nah you sabi

you dey ginger my swagger grin grin grin

One breast wey you hold for hand better pass any two wey you just dey look inside bra and you no fit touch.

info is info it is not one direction or two direction or multi direction unless ones tendency is to look at it that way.

Sigmund Freud(allegedly): We are our desires grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 7:15pm On May 26, 2018
nemesis8u:
nah you sabi

One breast wey you hold for hand better pass any two wey you just dey look inside bra and you no fit touch.

info is info it is not one direction or two direction or multi direction unless ones tendency is to look at it that way.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This GUY go finish you with pigin o Henry240.

nemesis8u you no fit kill me with laugh.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 26, 2018
“The contract, signed off by the Federal Executive Council in December 2017, would have seen the contractor, HSLi, net $195 million in exchange for an undisclosed number of special mission aircraft, special mission helicopters and 12 fast intervention vessels for the Nigerian Navy.”

The Guardian later reported that the contract would see Nigeria acquire three helicopters, three aircraft, three big battle-ready ships, 12 vessels and 20 amphibious cars to secure Nigerian waters.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269858-exclusive-buhari-terminates-195-million-israeli-security-contract-promoted-by-amaechi.html

That’s a lot of equipment for $200 million
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
“The contract, signed off by the Federal Executive Council in December 2017, would have seen the contractor, HSLi, net $195 million in exchange for an undisclosed number of special mission aircraft, special mission helicopters and 12 fast intervention vessels for the Nigerian Navy.”

The Guardian later reported that the contract would see Nigeria acquire three helicopters, three aircraft, three big battle-ready ships, 12 vessels and 20 amphibious cars to secure Nigerian waters.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/269858-exclusive-buhari-terminates-195-million-israeli-security-contract-promoted-by-amaechi.html

That’s a lot of equipment for $200 million
It is time we stop using military contractors in this country, especially those having affiliation with Israel. They have a knack for corrupt practices.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:28pm On May 26, 2018
#AFSF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 26, 2018
Xbee007:

It is time we stop using military contractors in this country, especially those having affiliation with Israel. They have a knack for corrupt practices.
They are too damn corrupt undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:58pm On May 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

They are too damn corrupt undecided
You see ba
The day we start having open competitive bidding processes is the day we break that jinx (Although beware this isn't entirely foolproof)
Shamefull part of the whole story, heads mightn't roll undecided ..It takes a lot to be sane in this country these days
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2018
bidex111:
#AFSF
That trooper in the first pic on the gunner's chair looks so mean!! grin. With the rate at which we see NAF regt personnel in the AFSF one would think that going into the future the Regt would be a very experienced unit.

I can't really help my hands undecided I must say I dislike those black inners (isn't black a bad idea in the sun?) undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:14pm On May 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
That trooper in the first pic on the gunner's chair looks so mean!! grin. With the rate at which we see NAF regt personnel in the AFSF one would think that going into the future the Regt would be a very experienced unit.

I can't really help my hands undecided I must say I dislike those black inners (isn't black a bad idea in the sun?) undecided

Yeah he looks mean grin grin grin

Most AFSF I know or pictures I have posted are mostly from NAF or NN; what's wrong the NAF
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2018
bidex111:

Yeah he looks mean grin grin grin

Most AFSF I know or pictures I have posted are mostly from NAF or NN; what's wrong the NAF
Honestly I can't explain the rationale behind NAF being populous in AFSF. Infact I don't really understand AFSF, but since they do their job, Oh well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:19pm On May 26, 2018
CAS VISITS FRONTLINE TROOPS AS NAF EXPANDS MEDICAL FACILITIES IN YOLA, COMMISSIONS OTHER PROJECTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, today 26 May 2018, visited Nigerian Air Force (NAF) frontline troops serving in Yola. During the visit, he held interactive sessions with the officers and airmen/airwomen in the operational theatre during which he appreciated their sacrifices and also urged them to remain highly professional. The sessions also enabled him to receive direct feedbacks from the personnel and respond as necessary. Furthermore, the visit provided the opportunity to commission the recently expanded medical facilities at the 163 NAF Hospital Yola. The expansion entails the building of an additional ward, dedicated for officers’ use, and the procurement of additional medical equipment for the hospital. The expansion of the medical facilities followed the need to further improve medical care for the frontline personnel serving in Yola, who are playing a critical role in the ongoing counterinsurgency operation in the Northeast. The CAS led His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Adamawa State, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, His Excellency Honourable Martins Babale, and other dignitaries to commission the new ward in the hospital. Other projects across the collocated units at NAF Base Yola, all aimed at improving personnel welfare, were equally commissioned today. The projects include 2 blocks of 10 x one studio apartment for airmen/airwomen and 10 x one Single Officers’ Quarters for officers.

While commissioning the projects, the Adamawa State Governor noted, with satisfaction, the several developmental projects already witnessed at NAF Base Yola under the current NAF leadership. He added that not only had the projects gone a long way in boosting personnel welfare but also contributing to overall development in the State. He therefore commended Air Marshal Abubakar for his apparent commitment, resilience and prudent use of resources. He also urged the personnel to make judicious use of the new facilities while announcing that Adamawa State would continue to support the NAF to ensure the achievement of its goals, including attainment of security in the Northeast. He seized the opportunity to disclose that the State had secured the approval to build an airport at Mubi and that the airport would be collocated with the NAF Detachment in Mubi, to complement NAF efforts in the area.

In his remarks, the CAS stated that, as a way of realizing his vision for the NAF, the Service had been restructured for enhanced operational effectiveness. He further stated that necessary platforms and equipment were being acquired and reactivated while training was receiving optimum attention. He added that, in recognition of the importance of the human being, the welfare of personnel was also being considerably looked after, in line with the policy directive of President Buhari. According to him, that was why resources had been expended in building additional residential accommodation and expanding the medical facilities for the frontline personnel in Yola. He also disclosed plans to expand the NAF secondary school in Yola to ensure that the wards of the personnel and members of the host community receive quality education. He then thanked President Buhari for the immense support being given to the NAF. In addition, he thanked the Adamawa State Governor and the people of Adamawa State for their support and hospitality. He then promised that the NAF would continue to work with other security agencies in the State to enhance security in Adamawa State and environs.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Commander 153 Base Services Group Yola, Air Commodore Anthony Ndace, stated that it was heartwarming to note that the NAF leadership had made the welfare of personnel a priority, a development, which he noted had enhanced professionalism, commitment and optimum service delivery. The CAS and his team of officers from Headquarters NAF had since returned to Abuja.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:24pm On May 26, 2018
Photos.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:25pm On May 26, 2018
More..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 11:03pm On May 26, 2018
nemesis8u:

Generally speaking....

What is interesting is

Well explained

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 11:09pm On May 26, 2018
nemesis8u:
nah you sabi

Aaaah
We hereby reject u.
This guy is living in nigeria.
No matter the excuse you may give we will nt take it

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:35am On May 27, 2018
Exclusive: The second Egyptian navy Gowind-2500 corvette ENS.Port Said.972 ,After being locally built in Alexandria Shipyard .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:36am On May 27, 2018
#Libya- #LNA fighter in #Benghazi (unknown year) sporting an FN FAL in DMR configuration (uncommon in Libya)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:39pm On May 27, 2018
South African Recce Commandos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNCUtuV8uQ
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:47pm On May 27, 2018
Top 10 strongest elite forces in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1GS05nOKdQ

AFSF was number 8 on the list and the NNSBSC never made the list. I totally disagree with these list.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:36pm On May 27, 2018
bidex111:
Top 10 strongest elite forces in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1GS05nOKdQ

AFSF was number 8 on the list and the NNSBSC never made the list. I totally disagree with these list.
All these Top 10 are just fanboy put-togethers. No think am pass that one

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.