Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3149976 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
overhypedsteve:
Bros you funny I swear. Why you come post those pictures join am Na? Shey you wan kill person ni?
Complements of the season Boss. I pray that by next year we will be seeing our national colours on worthy airframes.

Amen!

Compliments of the season man.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Naija in the making.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:14am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR.......!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by agaugust: 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
[size=15pt]

Happy New Year 2016 to you Bidexii

[/size]

I guess we all owe you a lot of thanks for bringing all these photos for the world to see, we cannot go to the war zone of North East Nigeria, but your personal effort to show the action freely, has made us to see the crushing of Boko Haram.

God bless you and your family, amen

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
#CTCION IMAGES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
agaugust:
[size=15pt]

Happy New Year 2016 to you Bidexii

[/size]

I guess we all owe you a lot of thanks for bringing all these photos for the world to see, we cannot go to the war zone of North East Nigeria, but your personal effort to show the action freely, has made us to see the crushing of Boko Haram.

God bless you and your family, amen

Thanks mate smiley
And season greetings to you and ur family too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
TO ALL THE BRAVE AND GALLANT SOLDIERS IN OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE FRONTLINES

I SAY HAPPY NEW YEAR, GODS SPEED AND ITS PROTECTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Cameroon welcomes US assistance against Boko Haram

Cameroon President Paul Biya welcomed the engagement of U.S. troops in his country’s fight against Boko Haram insurgents. But many Cameroonians do not yet understand the role of the troops in the war.
President Biya in his end of the year message said Boko Haram had remained a major challenge to his country’s development, peace and security, and saluted what he called the experience and expertise of American troops in helping Cameroon.
He said he specially thanks the U.S. government and is highly delighted with the confidence of the American people, especially now that their troops have been providing vital information and training for his country’s military.

Thirty-year-old Muslim youth leader Bouba Ahijo said residents of Cameroon’s northern town of Garoua were told U.S. troops had come to liberate them from Boko Haram atrocities. But he said he is still not aware what the Americans have been doing more than two months after they arrived.
He expected the U.S. forces to fight alongside Cameroonian soldiers to defeat Boko Haram, but they have instead stayed in their offices since they came. He questions why the Americans have not attacked Boko Haram, as he hears they attacked an Islamic State base in Iraq.

Cameroon has been fighting a Boko Haram insurgency that spilled over into its territory from Nigeria three years ago. According to the United Nations more than 20,000 people have lost their lives and more than two million people have been displaced.
The head of the Marines contingent, Colonel Mike Davis, described the type of support the United States is giving the Cameroon army in the fight against Boko Haram.

“Cameroon government asked the U.S. government to support them in the fight against Boko Haram, so what we are doing is assisting the Cameroonian government in the fight against Boko Haram. That support is in a way of remotely piloting aircraft among other things, training and some security stuff,” said Davis.
Cameroon Army General Ndjonkep Mehomy Frederick, one of the top commanders of Cameroon troops fighting the Boko Haram insurgency, said the assistance they are receiving from the Americans is basically training and intelligence sharing.
He said the U.S. troops have excellent and up-to-date drones that give them vital and timely information, allowing them to then surgically intervene against the terrorists wherever an attack is taking place or is being planned. He said the Americans have been fully cooperating in surveillance and information sharing, which is very vital in the war against the terrorists.

Cameroon military spokesman Colonel Didier Badjeck said people should not expect U.S. soldiers at the battle front, but that they are very instrumental in Cameroon’s recent successes against the insurgents.
He said American soldiers are in Cameroon exclusively to help eliminate Boko Haram with their advanced technology, and that from the month of February 2016, they will be fully operational when the rest of the remaining contingent arrives in Cameroon to make up the 300 promised by President Barack Obama.
In December, Cameroon announced its soldiers and Nigeria’s military had liberated more than 900 people from Boko Haram strongholds. Government officials said they benefited from the U.S. technical expertise.
The U.S. military is setting up its first drone base in Africa and Cameroon believes it is likely to host it. Soldiers of the central African nation are learning how to use drones for surveillance from the U.S. Marines.

Picture below are Cameroonian troops

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
I saw a MRAP on Jibowu brigde (i guess that’s the name, its the last bridge from Island before u join up with Ikorodu road) this afternoon while driving towards Mary Land. The MRAP had broken down on the bridge. What caught my attention was that it looked like nothing any of us know to be in NA inventory. It was painted in PLAIN DESERT BROWN colour. I could tell its not the bigfoot becos i ve seen the big foot up close before, it was not the Reva neither becos the Reva is easy to identify and its not the Igirigi as well becos the bonnet of the said MRAP opens forwards against the wind shield as against the more common way we know. Soldiers were guarding the vehicle while it was been fixed and due to the fact that i never expected to stumble on something like that i could not slow down to have a longer look at the vehicle. Happy new year
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fynline:
I saw a MRAP on Jibowu brigde (i guess that’s the name, its the last bridge from Island before u join up with Ikorodu road) this afternoon while driving towards Mary Land. The MRAP had broken down on the bridge. What caught my attention was that it looked like nothing any of us know to be in NA inventory. It was painted in PLAIN DESERT BROWN colour. I could tell its not the bigfoot becos i ve seen the big foot up close before, it was not the Reva neither becos the Reva is easy to identify and its not the Igirigi as well becos the bonnet of the said MRAP opens forwards against the wind shield as against the more common way we know. Soldiers were guarding the vehicle while it was been fixed and due to the fact that i never expected to stumble on something like that i could not slow down to have a longer look at the vehicle. Happy new year

We'll have to wait for the SIPRI arms transfer database which comes up in march to see/ have an idea of what we purchased in 2015.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINO FOR THE DEFENCE BUDGET FOR 2016........?

AND WHAT CAN IT DO.........?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
bidexiii:
GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINO FOR THE DEFENCE BUDGET FOR 2016........?

AND WHAT CAN IT DO.........?
at least it would be enough for concurrent expenditures.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
overhypedsteve:
at least it would be enough for concurrent expenditures.

Hmmmn not bad for concurrent running of the military but not OK for procuring and equiping of the military.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fynline:

It could be one of the MRAPs the Americans transferred to us as EDA.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:21am On Jan 02, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES

1st picture is the general officer commanding of DIV 7: Gen Lamidi Adeosun , visiting troops on the frontline

2nd picture is a NA ranger feeding on MRE

3rd picture shows troops refuelling a BMP-1 IFV

4rh picture is a NA soldier with a RF-7850M-HH Multiband Combat Net Radio

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2016
Fynline:

May be you would av tried taking the picture of the mrap ........ ? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2016
#CTCION IMAGES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
CHADIAN'S IN AFRICAN FRONTLINES...................

A chadian soldier beside a destroyed Okota APC; "with the BH logo & inscription on it that can still be seeing? " inside Sambisa forest .

Other pictures are chadian army armored vehicles on mali frontlines

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2016
#CTCION IMAGES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by realnas(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2016
bidexiii:
#CTCION IMAGES
happy new year bidex , Is that a hk 417 battle rifle in the last pic? Cos slast year oga henry posted a pic showin a soldier holding a rifle similar to the 417 and some pple doubted whether it is
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
realnas:
happy new year bidex , Is that a hk 417 battle rifle in the last pic? Cos slast year oga henry posted a pic showin a soldier holding a rifle similar to the 417 and some pple doubted whether it is

Same to you realnas........yeap it's the HK 417 and I think av also posted a picture of it too last year. And all the photo credit of the HK417 ; @nigeria_military_history!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES OF NAF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
realnas:

bidexiii:

Same to you realnas........yeap it's the HK 417 and I think av also posted a picture of it too last year. And all the photo credit of the HK417 ; @nigeria_military_history!

It is not a HK-417. It's a British made L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle chambered in 7.62mm ammo.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:27am On Jan 05, 2016
Henry240:

It is not a HK-417. It's a British made L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle chambered in 7.62mm ammo.

They look very much alike.........? and you can tell if it's a HK417 or L129A1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2016
New Commander For Anti Boko Haram Operation Appointed

The Nigerian army has appointed a new commander to head the counter insurgency operation against Boko Haram. 

Lamidi Adeosun, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, Lamidi Adeosun, a major general was also handing over his duty responsibilities to his successor Victor Ezugwu, a brigadier general.

He described him as a fine infantry officer that will continue his work until Boko Haram terrorists are completely eliminated and urged his officers to cooperate with him. Mr Adeosun is now heading to the Multinational Joint TaskForce (MNJTF), with headquarters in Chad.

1st picture is Outgoing GOC, 7 Div, major-general Lamidid Adeosun, inspecting a guard honor shortly after taking over from his successor, brigadier general Victor Ezugwu in Maiduguri on Monday .

2nd picture is The new general officer commanding, 7 Div, nigerian army, brigadier general Victor Ezugwu (left) taking over from his predecessor major-general Lamidi Adeosun in Maiduguri on Monday .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 05, 2016
bidexiii:

They look very much alike.........? and you can tell if it's a HK417 or L129A1

The buttstock proves it a L129A1 Sharpshooter.

I agree the very much look alike.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2016
#CTCTION IMAGES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:46am On Jan 06, 2016
FG to spend N65bn on warplanes, weapons, others

The Federal Government is proposing to spend N65.03bn for the acquisition of various military aircraft, combat equipment, trucks and maintenance of boats among others in the 2016 fiscal period.

Details of this amount are contained in the 2016 budget which President Muhammadu Buhari presented to a joint session of the National Assembly in December, 2015.

A copy of the budget for the military was obtained by our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday.

The N65.03bn, according to an analysis of the budget document, is part of the total sum of N311.38bn allocated to the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force for the 2016 fiscal year.

Out of the N311.38bn, the sum of N139.8bn, made up of capital expenditure of N120.01bn and recurrent expenditure of N19.78bn is allocated to the Nigerian Army.

For the Nigerian Navy, the sum of N85.97bn is allocated for its operations. This amount is made up of N60.33bn for recurrent expenditure and N25.64bn for capital spending.

The Nigerian Air Force has a total budget of N85.61bn, made up of N62.15bn for recurrent expenditure and N23.46bn for capital expenditure.

Giving details of the weapons to be acquired for the operation of the Navy, the fiscal document states that the sum of N5bn is budgeted for the procurement of three JF-17 Thunder-multi role combat aircraft.

The government, according to the document, has also allocated the sum of N11.6bn for the procurement of two MI-35m helicopter, while N2.06bn is being proposed to acquire 10 Super Mushak trainer aircraft.

Other operational equipment to be acquired for the Navy are aircraft spares, N1.7bn; combat equipment, outfits and training for Quick Response Force, N350m; arms and ammunition such as 30MM Canon, 68MM SNEB live rocket, F3 and F4 practice bomb, N480m.

Also being proposed for the Navy is infrastructural development at the newly established Forward Operational Base and NAF Units at a cost of N2.2bn.

For the Nigerian Army, the budget document states that the sum of N5.64bn has been budgeted for the purchase of defence equipment; N2bn for kitting of armed forces personnel; and N1.96bn for the purchase of trucks.

Similarly, the sum of N2.07bn is being proposed for security votes including operations while N7.24bn has been budgeted for the construction of military barracks.

For the Navy, the budget document states that the purchase of defence equipment will gulp N18.29bn while the sum of N372.95m and N734.06m are budgeted for the maintenance of aircraft and sea boats respectively.

In the same vein, the document indicates that the government is planning to spend N1.7bn to purchase surveying equipment, N296.88m to fuel aircraft; N645.35m for sea boats and N706.07m for security votes, including operations.

Curled from the online punch newspaper
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
The EFCC had opened investigation into the training of Nigerian Special Forces in the Eastern European country in November, 2015. The EFCC task force, constituted to investigate arms procurement under the Jonathan administration is probing how millions of dollars meant for the training of the 750 Special Forces in Belarus and other countries in Eastern Europe were spent. www.punchng.com/arms-probe-efcc-detains-german- businessman/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
The EFCC had opened investigation into the training
of Nigerian Special Forces in the Eastern European
country in November, 2015.
The EFCC task force, constituted to investigate
arms procurement under the Jonathan
administration is probing how millions of dollars
meant for the training of the 750 Special Forces in
Belarus and other countries in Eastern Europe were
spent.
www.punchng.com/arms-probe-efcc-detains-german-
businessman/

Some politicians and top retired chief ought to be behind bars to serve as an example, while some innocent soldiers yet in prison are being blamed for running in the face of battle, while wouldn't they run cos some thief's embezzled funds meant for training and equiping the armed forces...!

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (2212) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.