Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029843 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2018
rka2:

We are not far off saying similar things. A good base defence also involves fortified positions without rusty equipment that fail to fire or broken down. Look at American and British bases in Afghanistan. You will be hard pressed to breach it. Put American or British troops in those death trap bases with equipment NA have and I tell you they will be overrun.
We're actually far off. It's the training that own troops have received, that's why we can't build proper defensive fortification.

Poor training at all levels of the Nigerian army, equals the disaster we currently are witnessing in the Northeast.

The British in the example i had earlier provided in Musa-Qala had a very poor base. It was a mud compound with short walls.

In fact let me go look for that documentary and post it here. It's a must watch for everyone.

You'll see that even Nigerian soldiers were better equipped than those British soldiers in that base.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2018
rka2:

We are not far off saying similar things. A good base defence also involves fortified positions without rusty equipment that fail to fire or broken down. Look at American and British bases in Afghanistan. You will be hard pressed to breach it. Put American or British troops in those death trap bases with equipment NA have and I tell you they will be overrun.

Please watch this documentary. This is the documentary i sighted my reference from.

Any other person interested should watch for educational and entertainment purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILW0zBiszM

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2018
Odunayaw:
Cc; CaptainStephen radio check

Am happy to see your msg

Baba, wetin de happen like this
bro I am good, spent Xmas at home and now back to theatre, just as expensive said these vermins seem to be attacking everywhere, signs of desperation.
I don't understand the kind of soldiers we are recruiting these days and it saddens me a lot. Talk of lacking weapons is pure nonsense imo.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2018
Rka2

Here's another good example. In the 2008 war between Cambodia and Thailand.

This what you get when troops are properly trained. This is how to defend your position.

Cambodian Forces attacked Thailand positions in force but were quickly pushed back by Thai forces, suffering significant losses and leaving behind their own bodies forcing the Thais to drag them back to Cambodian line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_1GEovIVU
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 31, 2018
CaptainStephen:
bro I am good, spent Xmas at home and now back to theatre, just as expensive said these vermins seem to be attacking everywhere, signs of desperation.
I don't understand the kind of soldiers we are recruiting these days and it saddens me a lot. Talk of lacking weapons is pure nonsense imo.
I think there are legitimate concerns with weapons. Kitting for the Nigerian soldier is now down to zero. Most Nigerian soldiers now have to engage without Body armour.

We're at so very poor levels i couldn't imagine we would be here with Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Good to know you're okay

Op Lafiya Dole '18 was nothing short of a disappointment

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2018
Monguno was atracked yesterday again embarassed The AOGs dropped a letter promising to come back on January 2nd well prepared

The once peaceful town

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2018
This war against boko haram matter eh grin make dem sha dey follow demself drag am for North east

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2018
I could only be proud of few videos if I typed in 'Nigeria army training' on YouTube. The rest are diabolical abuse and torture to the point the same soldiers then turn on the civilians they're meant to protect.

BH is purposely attacking mostly in the evening or poor light/weather when very few air support can be mustered.

We're losing soldiers in a month what other countries lost in a year especially as its on home soil!

Adopt the mantra... 'Always outnumbered, never outgunned'
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2018
SupremeCourt:

So this one is new info fresh story we never posted before on this same thread? grin grin grin This thread posted and reposted a hundred times all those APKWS rockets/bombs for NAF tucano.

Search this thread and see how many times same photos are reposted by different people dozens of time and nobody questions it.

For those who said I told a lie CAS begged USA producer for mercy to deliver 2 of 12 tucano before 2020 because of the increased insurgent damages inflicted on army, they should open their blind eyes and see the same thing repeated by air force chief in your own news link here.

Its new info now that you posted it grin grin grin When Africans believe in dragging other Africans down, its the reason Africa never makes progress and war fills the whole continent.

All this text and emotions grin . did i said its new info ? or it had never been posted ? . i wrote just " an interesting article " . (for me the article summarizes the history of this contract) , calm your emotions its only a forum wink

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2018
bidexiii:
shocked shocked shocked

Most likely destroyed by aerial bombardment due to inability to secure them by ground troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2018
Henry240:

I think there are legitimate concerns with weapons. Kitting for the Nigerian soldier is now down to zero. Most Nigerian soldiers now have to engage without Body armour.

We're at so very poor levels i couldn't imagine we would be here with Buhari.
Agreed legitimate but not as an excuse for recent events, majority of the boys don't maintain their kits properly. I sent someone into custody yesterday for leaving his body armour and wandering off, i dare not forget my socks off in NMS or even Academy sef, I can't say much because Brass are looking for scapegoats.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2018
BabaOwen:
Video from Baga : When Nigerian Army are ready to provide us with weapons, we will come back & fight, but for now we are not ready to fight Boko Haram. The soldier confirmed that many soldiers have been killed. Soldiers Confirmed many of their colleagues have died

listening to this soldier tells you that he is from either Edo or Delta State

Video Link Below

https://www.facebook.com/SupportNigerianMilitary/videos/530592414127400/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l25ygAkAA4

We all know.

The video is a very old video, the video was recorded way back in 2014.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=bidexiii post=74319463]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2018
J

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2018
uote author=bidexiii post=74319463] yes o, buhari was the president of Nigeria in 2014 grin

Sense is so far from some people, I swear grin

Your original post slowpoke.

Now tell me who sense is far from.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2018
BabaOwen:
smiley

I don't agree with this soldiers sincerely speaking. the weapons used by BH are the same weapons they seized from the nigerian bases when they give up their position.which sort of weapon does he need again. You had T-72 tanks , you are still not able to repel attacks, you have multiple rocket launchers, you still can't repel attacks on your base, you have MRAPS at your disposal your still not able to repel an attack. Seriously speaking is it when you will be provided with T-90 or the latest military hardware that you will be able to fight BH. I feel for the guys but DEM DI EXAGGERATE ALOT AT TIMES. The means given to the NA is by by far better than what their allies have but yet you don't hear them complaining(Am not saying the allies are better but mind-set matters a lot).just look at the video Henry and others posted.Those Soldiers didn't give up their position even when facing serious shortage of admonition. SERIOUSLY 2019 WON"T BE EASY FOR THE NA IF THEY DON"T HAVE A RETHINK OF STRATEGY.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
bidexiii:

We all know.

The video is a very old video, the video was recorded way back in 2014.
Please if you have proof then post it. I didn't see that vid in 2014, it seems like a new vid to me.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
fabselad:

I don't agree with this soldiers sincerely speaking. the weapons used by BH are the same weapons they seized from the nigerian bases when they give up their position.which sort of weapon does he need again. You had T-72 tanks , you are still not able to repel attacks, you have multiple rocket launchers, you still can't repel attacks on your base, you have MRAPS at your disposal your still not able to repel an attack. Seriously speaking is it when you will be provided with T-90 or the latest military hardware that you will be able to fight BH. I feel for the guys but DEM DI EXAGGERATE ALOT AT TIMES. The means given to the NA is by by far better than what their allies have but yet you don't hear them complaining(Am not saying the allies are better but mind-set matters a lot).just look at the video Henry and others posted.Those Soldiers didn't give up their position even when facing serious shortage of admonition. SERIOUSLY 2019 WON"T BE EASY FOR THE NA IF THEY DON"T HAVE A RETHINK OF STRATEGY.
The soldiers are poorly led and have totally lost confidence in their commanders. That is just one of the problems.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
fabselad:

Majority of the tanks in the northeast have one or two issues, while some are not servicable. Most atimes bokoharam attacks a base with AA from far away distance before engaging the troops, you may think they attack with same weapon but come to think of it, 10men with AK 47 against 500men with same rifle even if they're US Navy seals they can't survive the waves upon waves of attacks, against an enemy that have better understanding of the terrain.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
ugo4u:

Majority of the tanks in the northeast have one or two issues, while some are not servicable. Most atimes bokoharam attacks a base with AA from far away distance before engaging the troops, you may think they attack with same weapon but come to think of it, 10men with AK 47 against 500men with same rifle even if they're US Navy seals they can't survive the waves upon waves of attacks, against an enemy that have better understanding of the terrain.
The guys in Konduga survived way worse than this. And they always came up on top with very few losses each time. Some units are not fighting well.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
ugo4u:

What AA asides dshk? I can't remember seeing any 23mm recently, have you seen one?

Even if it were 23mm rounds, what if we were fighting another country?
I understand boko attacks in disproportionate numbers but still it shouldn't be as bad as this. As Henry says, something must be wrong with either the training or the psyche

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Can you guys remember this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

Those guys could fight. What happened ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
Odunayaw:
What AA asides dshk? I can't remember seeing any 23mm recently, have you seen one?

Even if it were 23mm rounds, what if we were fighting another country?
I understand boko attacks in disproportionate numbers but still it shouldn't be as bad as this. As Henry says, something must be wrong with either the training or the psyche
The problem starts from the training. What we see as training is just punishment, do you know that EFCC cadets are being trained in NDA now ask yourself what is the relationship btw an investigative agency and full combatant training, we need to right many things in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
prolog2:
Can you guys remember this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

Those guys could fight. What happened ?
They still fight, a lot even. But they are commandos
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
ugo4u:

The problem starts from the training. What we see as training is just punishment, do you know that EFCC cadets are being trained in NDA now ask yourself what is the relationship btw an investigative agency and full combatant training, we need to right many things in this country.
You speak the truth
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Henry240:
Rka2

Here's another good example. In the 2008 war between Cambodia and Thailand.

This what you get when troops are properly trained. This is how to defend your position.

Cambodian Forces attacked Thailand positions in force but were quickly pushed back by Thai forces, suffering significant losses and leaving behind their own bodies forcing the Thais to drag them back to Cambodian line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_1GEovIVU

Henry, this video is of a conventional army taking on another conventional army from opposite directions and each side trying to avoid being killed. ISWAP/BHT attack from multiple fronts with no fear and ready to die sacrificing themselves time and time again.

Nigerian troops mostly at these FOBs have nowhere of note to shelter from AAA fired from distances, while most of their tracked vehicles have broken down and T-72 tanks stop firing after one round. Why do you think BHT don't bother capturing them and just burn them?

I can't view the British clip where I am as it is blocked by the makers due to copyright. Nigerian bases are usually set up incorrectly with no natural barriers. Like I said, put some foreign troops in the same bases with the same equipment and see how they fare.

Yes, there are training issues, but I blame the army heirarchy for setting up these bases without proper engineering and logistic support. Foxholes, barbed wire fences etc. just don't cut it.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Henry240:

We're actually far off. It's the training that own troops have received, that's why we can't build proper defensive fortification.

Poor training at all levels of the Nigerian army, equals the disaster we currently are witnessing in the Northeast.

The British in the example i had earlier provided in Musa-Qala had a very poor base. It was a mud compound with short walls.

In fact let me go look for that documentary and post it here. It's a must watch for everyone.

You'll see that even Nigerian soldiers were better equipped than those British soldiers in that base.

Poor engineering support, hence the troops shouldn't have been set up in these bases in the first place as the NA aren't an expeditionary force considering vast areas of the NE have for a long time been ungoverned. They should have stuck with the tactics of Eeben Barlow and continued to establish mobile units to continually harass them while investing in new equipment including field engineering and logistics as well as heli-borne forces.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Troops of the 22 Brigade Garrison have killed three suspected female suicide bombers in Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno State.

According to a statement by the Deputy Director of Public Relations, Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu on Monday, the suspected terrorists were neutralised on Sunday during a patrol around Kubtara village in the LGA.

The troops also recovered some weapons from the terrorist comprising one Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) and a suicide vest.

Nwachukwu stated that the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, commended the troops for the quick response in tracking the terrorists.

He, however, encouraged them to be more daring, vigilant and steadfast, as they clear the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2018/12/31/troops-kill-three-suspected-female-suicide-bombers-recover-rpg/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
Few days ago, it was reported that suspected bandits killed an unspecified number of soldiers at a forest in Doburu, Zurmi local government area of Zamfara state.

One of the slain soldiers has been identified as Suleiman Maihakuri from Keffi in Nasarawa state.

An online news portal, The Cable, quoted a military source as disclosing this on Saturday, saying many of his colleagues sustained injuries in the incident. He said some of the injured persons were receiving treatment at Zurmi General Hospital.

The source said the officer who led troops into the forest was captured by bandits.

“We ran into an ambush in the forest today. The bandits opened fire on us and we responded but they surrounded us from different directions,” he said. “They had bombs and sophisticated weapons.”

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/young-soldier-killed-by-armed-bandits-in-a-forest-in-zamfara-photos.html

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
rka2:

Poor engineering support, hence the troops shouldn't have been set up in these bases in the first place as the NA aren't an expeditionary force considering vast areas of the NE have for a long time been ungoverned. They should have stuck with the tactics of Eeben Barlow and continued to establish mobile units to continually harass them while investing in new equipment including field engineering and logistics as well as heli-borne forces.

Ambushes thou? Just asking
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
prolog2:
The soldiers are poorly led and have totally lost confidence in their commanders. That is just one of the problems.

Or maybe lack of discipline. That's what I have noticed. The military job Is not meant to be comfortable, you just have to adapt to it. Some of my boys leave their gear in the vehicle because they feel it's extra wahala. I didn't complain till we got back and I made it known to my superior who corrected them.

However, apologies to captainstephen. NA boys seems not to have this morale and discipline naturally and feel they can fight like the the enemies with boot, shirt and riffle alone. I have seen several military gear left behind during patrol due to soldiers negligence. I feel the Army brass should enforce strict disciplinary actions towards any soldier in a bad fatigue in public pictures.

I haven't been hit before but I am very sure the vest has saved serval lives. I don't even joke with my head gear.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.