Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,888 members, 7,851,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065597 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2019
ecomog1990:

naf is growing & needs time, nn is pressing abuja publicly demanding missile frigates & submarines, army is the silent one pretending all is well while we saw chad & cameroon team up their armies vs boko haram long before mjntf, it's warning sign what will happen if nigeria clashes with any of them, our army will be pincer formation encircled by 3 armies till nigeria collapse with na's old & weak weaponry vs our neighbors who think ahead & bought new tank destroyers added to armor piercing infantry missiles. lack of leadership foresight kills a nation, we pay monthly salaries to army officers to do threat assessment for nigeria to plan ahead but eat suya & beer instead grin we all live in danger

Missile frigates and submarines? Is that wise? At present, the threats we face have to do with piracy and massive oil theft. I don't think we need frigates and submarines to stop these. Fast attack crafts, corvettes and patrol boats like the Shaldag in their hundreds should be more than enough to take care of these threats, make Nigeria safe and boos trade. Considering the billions of dollars we lose yearly through oil theft and piracy, buying naval assets in their scores would be a very worthwhile and urgent investment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
SLBMS:

There is something seriously wrong with this country. It's begining to look like a spiritual problem..because it just does not make sense.

What's do u mean by spiritual problem
Spirits ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Kano is the first place where an aircraft landed in Nigeria. 3 DH 9A aircraft of the Royal Air Force took off from Helwan, Egypt. With stopovers in Egypt, Sudan and N’Djamena – then known as Fort Lamy (Fallomi in Hausa), the aircraft landed in Kano on November 1, 1925 at Polo Ground .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Missile frigates and submarines? Is that wise? At present, the threats we face have to do with piracy and massive oil theft. I don't think we need frigates and submarines to stop these. Fast attack crafts, corvettes and patrol boats like the Shaldag in their hundreds should be more than enough to take care of these threats, make Nigeria safe and boos trade. Considering the billions of dollars we lose yearly through oil theft and piracy, buying naval assets in their scores would be a very worthwhile and urgent investment.

bro, over 400 gunboats & MPV, OPV ships were bought for navy's anti piracy fight, it's enough for the job bro. the problem now is navy becomes coast guard without missile frigates - submarines it is not a navy and cannot defend nigeria against a foreign navy if gulf of guinea oil dispute suddenly restarts. bakassi vs cameroon is lesson of what can happen to nigeria, navy chief does not want nigeria wounded because our navy cannot stop another navy violating our oil rich waters that our economic survival depends on.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
ecomog1990:

over 400 gunboats & MPV, OPV ships were bought for navy's anti-piracy fight, it's enough. the problem now is navy becomes coast guard without missile frigates - submarines it is not a navy and cannot defend nigeria against a foreign navy if gulf of guinea oil dispute suddenly restarts. bakassi vs cameroon is a lesson of what can happen to Nigeria, navy chief does not want nigeria disgraced because our navy cannot stop another navy violating our oil rich waters.

Who are you exactly? I like the boldness and authority with which you speak. grin Anyway, you say we have 400 gunboats, yet the waters of Somalia is safer than the gulf of Guinea. How come? This snafu costs us billions of sorely needed dollars yearly in direct and indirect revenue.

Perhaps we should just establish a coast guard and a navy too. The latter will be given serious armaments like the missile frigates and subs that you mention. But is a missile frigate not an overkill? Check out the Israeli Saar-class corvette, especially the latest versions. That boat has more heavy armament than most cruisers and destroyers that I know of. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
NAF brand new Aw109E power spotted in varese venegono airport Italy.
According to the photographer Fabrizio Capenti, this is the second out of 5 helos ordered By NAF

Nice. Looks like pre delivery testing as craft is flown by NAFers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Who are you exactly? I like the boldness and authority with which you speak. grin Anyway, you say we have 400 gunboats, yet the waters of Somalia is safer than the gulf of Guinea. How come? This snafu costs us billions of sorely needed dollars yearly in direct and indirect revenue.

Perhaps we should just establish a coast guard and a navy too. The latter will be given serious armaments like the missile frigates and subs that you mention. But is a missile frigate not an overkill? Check out the Israeli Saar-class corvette, especially the latest versions. That boat has more heavy armament than most cruisers and destroyers that I know of. tongue

Nigeria is ripe for 4 services: Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.

The marines could be a division-sized element which will encompass the Coast Guard

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

bro, we are all equal nigerians, just maybe my past uniform wearing affects my mind atimes. grin somalian sea is fully patrolled 24/7 by european asian american heavy endurance opv cutters, missile destroyers battle cruisers heavy frigates, submarines & aircraft carriers, all world big powers with best navies team up for safe shipping international trade in somalia oceans.

only nigerian navy alone does ninety per cent gulf of guinea patrols, our fellow african nations abandoned us to do it because they don't have much to lose.

nigeria already has 'coast guard' service called nimasa, it's corrupt & incompetent.

half nigeria's oil resource is offshore, better we arm navy with overkill to secure our million stomachs grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ecomog1990: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:
Wowwww! Wow! Wow!

Thanks, Ecomog1990 for coming along. Now, I understand why everyone was mute when I mentioned the rot at DICON and the infantry being poorly equipped.

It appears this thread is meant to launder the image of the Nigerian Army. Nigeria my country!

I'll take a bow at this point.

bros I feel your vibes, real pity to see 2hundred privileged people we pay monthly salaries with our public money we the people all own, same 2hundred people hold 200million of us to ransom laughing like "you all see me piss on your heads but wetin you fit do me?". I ask God why I was born in calabar not germany, wetin be my offence to God? grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
What is a charmer lol, i was thinking guys with black magic or whatever.
Anyways, doesn't it make sense to ban the idea of people bringing jerry cans to buy gas? That way if you didn't come with a vehicle, then no gas for you. I mean it will be more tedious for the bandits having to make frequent trips with cars and then siphoning off the gas over and over.
Or better yet just train/hire more officers and institute community patrols all over the country, it's the one big reason for insecurity. Out here right now, police are always present around playgrounds all over New York City, because that's where drug deals go down etc, public housings as well, they have mobile trailers there with cameras to monitor the areas, this helps.
bidexiii:
Zamfara To Recruit 1,700 Local Charmers To Fight Insecurity

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/04/zamfara-recruit-1700-local-charmers-fight-insecurity
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sizzorkay:
What is a charmer lol, i was thinking guys with black magic or whatever.
Anyways, doesn't it make sense to ban the idea of people bringing jerry cans to buy gas? That way if you didn't come with a vehicle, then no gas for you. I mean it will be more tedious for the bandits having to make frequent trips with cars and then siphoning off the gas over and over.
Or better yet just train/hire more officers and institute community patrols all over the country, it's the one big reason for insecurity. Out here right now, police are always present around playgrounds all over New York City, because that's where drug deals go down etc, public housings as well, they have mobile trailers there with cameras to monitor the areas, this helps.

Well said mate,
The situation right there in zamfara is quite defferent; community policing is what they need at each rural area since the federal government as failed to protect adequate security.
Anyways let's watch and see the way these so called "charmers" of a thing play out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
ecomog1990:

bro, we are all equal nigerians, just maybe my past uniform wearing affects my mind atimes. grin somalian sea is fully patrolled 24/7 by european asian american heavy endurance opv cutters, missile destroyers battle cruisers heavy frigates, submarines & aircraft carriers, all world big powers with best navies team up for safe shipping international trade in somalia oceans.

only nigerian navy alone does ninety per cent gulf of guinea patrols, our fellow african nations abandoned us to do it because they don't have much to lose.

nigeria already has 'coast guard' service called nimasa, it's corrupt & incompetent.

half nigeria's oil resource is offshore, better we arm navy with overkill to secure our million stomachs grin

And yet pirates still terrorise those waters.......
Which arm of the military do you belong ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lets go hunting for some bokos...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
SLBMS:
Nigeria has the richest economy in the modern history of the African continent. We have the world's 9th largest proven oil reserve with 38 billion barrels, valurd at over $3 trillion. Nigeria had the largest foreign reserve until Algeria overtook us 3 years ago.

What this means is that Egypt and South Africa combined do not have the financial muscle of Nigeria. We can build a nuclear program. We can save our foreign reserve and pay for weapons with oil. We have Africa's most valuable national assets.

YET !!

We've been fighting a decade long war with trainer aircraft. Our Navy has no real offensive capability even though %80 of Nigeria's oil production comes from offshore oil platforms. We spent the combined defence budget of Cameroon and Chad combined on 12 Brazilian made turbo prop crop dusters that so not be delivered until 2022. 16 Alpha jets and 5 F-7Ni fighters is what Nigeria has to protect her airspace as well as vital assets of 39 billion barrels in oil. We finally decide to buy 4th generation jets we opt for the JF-17, an unproven weapons system. As if that's not mad enough we are acquiring just THREE with no idea when it will be delivered.

There is something seriously wrong with this country. It's begining to look like a spiritual problem..because it just does not make sense.

Im not sure about your figures, but your presentation is Epic!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
ecomog1990:

I see. You are right. Better an overkill than an under kill���
Nice to know you were formerly in uniform and even nicer to see you are not interested in whitewashing things, but in telling the truth as it is.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
bidexiii:
Lets go hunting for some bokos...... grin

Guy on the right is carrying some serious artillery. I hope enough of that was bought and sufficient training given on how to make proper use of them.
As well, since it looks Russian why was Russian stuff bought instead of American ones? Just curious.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
Augustine is back grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Guy on the right is carrying some serious artillery. I hope enough of that was bought and sufficient training given on how to make proper use of them.
As well, since it looks Russian why was Russian stuff bought instead of American ones? Just curious.

It's the Russian Orsis T-5000 sniper riffle.
Is the official sniper riffle issue for the AFSF, the NA is also using it but I don't think we do av it in large numbers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
bidexiii:

It's the Russian Orsis T-5000 sniper riffle.
Is the official sniper riffle issue for the AFSF, the NA is also using it but I don't think we do av it in large numbers.
Long since checked out the rifle. It's seriously dope. Me though would prefer a bolt action .50 Cal sniper rifle, but to each his own.
What do you mean by "we"? Are you an army personnel?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Long since checked out the rifle. It's seriously dope. Me though would prefer a bolt action .50 Cal sniper rifle, but to each his own.
What do you mean by "we"? Are you an army personnel?

I mean the "we" the NA.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

ACCORDING TO WIKI
The ORSIS T-5000
is Russian in origin
Designed 2011
BH insurgency started 2009
Introduction
was 2018
which means NIGERIA got its first shipment Q3/ Q4 2018
Range is 2000m (6561.6 feet) a Mile is 5,280 feet.
Users
Nigeria -Special Operation Forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:19am On Apr 05, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

During the ECOMOG YEARS
The Main Sniper rifle used by the NA was the American sniper M40 ( There is a picture of a Nigerian soldier carrying one during their triumphant return to Monrovia.
It does appear that BIDEXII and WIKI let thecat out of the BAG
The AFSF it appears have designated the T-5000 as their designated Sniper Rifle.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Can you see how long Super Tucano is taking?

Exactly.

That is how almost every defence procurement by Nigeria from the USA goes.

Russkies, you pay your cash you get your weapons. Simple

Besides, some units of AFSF are Russian trained, so arm them with what they know
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2019
It as now became evident and certain that the UAE has spent so much to support and back the Libyan army forces to participate in the ongoing operation, where we can see the good personal equipment & the extent uniforms of LNA military personnel involved in the military operation to liberate Tripoli .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2019
#UPDATE: @Independent claimed that the #Libyan National Army has captured Al-Zahraa area & become 5km only far from #Tripoli.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:30am On Apr 05, 2019
Fighter jets role in the EAF

- F-16 multi-role jet with various versions of Block 15, superior in ground attack missions, Block 32 superior in air interdiction missions, Block40 multi-tasking, Block 52 superior in land and sea airborne ejections, and long range missions.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:40am On Apr 05, 2019
Update: unconfirmed reports on several naval operations #LNA on points in the coast of #Tripoli, including the port of Sidi Belal ...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2019
Recent situation in #LNA's operation towards #Tripoli: : The southern axis is the main axis of the ops, which began from #Shuwairf and managed to control #Mazdah - #Qurayat - #AlAsabea - #Ghreian", and reached #AlHira, 60 km from the capital.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
#Tunisian F-5 Tigers on patrol ....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
DaV8King:

Can you see how long Super Tucano is taking?

Exactly.

That is how almost every defence procurement by Nigeria from the USA goes.

Russkies, you pay your cash you get your weapons. Simple

Besides, some units of AFSF are Russian trained, so arm them with what they know

Got it. I have even heard that if you beg enough the Russians will take weaponry from their own stocks so as to ensure very speedy delivery. I was asking about the sniper rifle merely cause I was under the impression that we have heavily shifted to buying American arms. So, seeing a Russian rifle being carried by a Nigerian armed forces personnel was kinda surprising.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2019
A #Tunisian USGN operator who lost his leg in an IED explosion.
Back to the Battlefield!
Kudos to this hero.
#ServitasVitae

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2019
#Tunisia is officially an operator of the #German made Dingo 2 armored vehicles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.