Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:55 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075876 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
joshingjosh:
Can someone help me out here

The Army Special Forces includes;
1)72MSF
2) AHSG
3) SFS (The buni yandi own...hope am correct with about it)
4) Rangers

That of NAF Includes;
1) NAF Regiment
2) The Panthers

And NN is Only The SBS...(Unless there is another)

Questions;
1) does it mean that the SBS is the only special forces that the Navy has? If No, which other one?
2) This special forces are they All Battalions?? like NAF
Panthers Battalions and 72MSF Battalion?
3) When training members of this SFS, Do they advertise it? Like Can a Soldier of NN apply for Naf Panthers or 72MSF?

NAF Regiment is not a Special Forces unit. Rather it's a branch of NAF responsible for base protection, just like its contemporaries in the UK, Australia, India, etc. I think the Panthers may be the actual Special Forces arm of NAF.

Yep, the SBS is the only Special Operations unit of the Navy. Frankly I think they're the best.

The Army's Special Ops groups are the most confusing. A question though: are the South African trained 72nd MSF still active? And I thought we were unable to raise the Ranger Battalion because of the rift between Nigeria and the USA after US Army instructors from one of the Special Forces ODAs were kicked out during the GEJ administration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

NAF Regiment is not a Special Forces unit. Rather it's a branch of NAF responsible for base protection, just like its contemporaries in the UK, Australia, India, etc. I think the Panthers may be the actual Special Forces arm of NAF.

Yep, the SBS is the only Special Operations unit of the Navy. Frankly I think they're the best.

The Army's Special Ops groups are the most confusing. A question though: are the South African trained 72nd MSF still active? And I thought we were unable to raise the Ranger Battalion because of the rift between Nigeria and the USA after US Army instructors from one of the Special Forces ODAs were kicked out during the GEJ administration
south african trained kwa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
bidexiii:
#SF TRAINING....

So we go to Jordan too?

Nice!

That's KASOTC in Amman
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

CAS said so in the introductory video to the awaited documentary.

As for the SBS, they are the fathers of Nigeria's Special Operations and should rightly be proud.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Texman21:

72nd MSF were trained by Eeben Barlow's STTEP. Even their gear, from their tactical vests, to their REVA 2 MRAPs, were ALL South African products.

So yeah, South Africa trained kwa.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Texman21:

Yes.

Which is how the rumors started that Eeben Barlow and co were fighting for Nigeria.

Whereas they purely came to train and help establish 72 MSF/AHQSG
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
DaV8King:

CAS said so in the introductory video to the awaited documentary.

As for the SBS, they are the fathers of Nigeria's Special Operations and should rightly be proud.

I may not really say "fathers", but they do look mean. Frankly if I were to place them in tiers, I'll place them in Tier 1 in SOCOM. It's no wonder the British SBS partnered with them years ago.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

72nd MSF were trained by Eeben Barlow's STTEP. Even their gear, from their tactical vests, to their REVA 2 MRAPs, were ALL South African products.

This is quite misleading.

Eben Barlow’s team was embedded with them and they had their own air arm hence “mobile stroke force”, 72 special forces battalion Makurdi comes from 72 paratroopers battalion and according to wiki that unit has been there since 2001.

Eben Barlow came to Nigeria in 2015/15 and you’re making it sound like he founded the unit.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
NAF alpha jet

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

I may not really say "fathers", but they do look mean. Frankly if I were to place them in tiers, I'll place them in Tier 1 in SOCOM. It's no wonder the British SBS partnered with them years ago.

I meant fathers as in pioneers.

NAF Panthers will likely give them a run for their money a la Tier 1

I am privileged to know a Panther and he is one of the toughest men I have ever met, so I go from there.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

i dont think nigeria uses south african mraps, pishures as evidence or adonblivit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
DaV8King:

I meant fathers as in pioneers.

NAF Panthers will likely give them a run for their money a la Tier 1

I am privileged to know a Panther and he is one of the toughest men I have ever met, so I go from there.
run for their?you said, naf panthers is at the bottom of the food chain in terms of sof in nigeria
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
bidexiii:
AIRING OF DOCUMENTARY “NIGERIAN AIR FORCE REGIMENT AND SPECIAL FORCES”

Watch out for a compelling documentary on the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Regiment and Special Forces that will be aired on NTA (available on DSTV Channel 251 or via the NTA App) from 10:05 to 10:30pm on 26 April 2019 and TVC (Available on DSTV Channel 418 or via the TVC App) from 7.30 to 8.00pm on 27 April 2019. The documentary highlights how the NAF Regiment Specialty has been repositioned for effectiveness through capacity building initiatives. Thank you for your continued interest in the Nigerian Air Force.
grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Imagine driving around Abuja and encountering this on the road

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
Texman21:
i dont think nigeria uses south african mraps, pishures as evidence or adonblivit

Happy now?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

This is quite misleading.

Eben Barlow’s team was embedded with them and they had their own air arm hence “mobile stroke force”, 72 special forces battalion Makurdi comes from 72 paratroopers battalion and according to wiki that unit has been there since 2001.

Eben Barlow came to Nigeria in 2015/15 and you’re making it sound like he founded the unit.

Care to point out in any of my posts were I said that Eeben Barlow founded 72nd MSF? And yes I'm aware of 72nd Airborne Battalion's renaming to 72nd Special Forces Battalion. And i'm equally aware of STTeP's air arm in Nigeria at the time with their UH-1 Heuy and Gazelle helicopters. The focus is on the Army's 72nd MSF.

BTW the fact that Eeben's STTeP team were embedded with the 72nd MSF doesn't mean that they were never involved in training that unit. As a matter of fact, such situations presents an ideal opportunity for such team to train the host's military unit. Same way, the US Military SF ODA teams embed themselves with local military groups across the globe.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Imagine driving around Abuja and encountering this on the road

Nice encounter !....... grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
Texman21:
run for their?you said, naf panthers is at the bottom of the food chain in terms of sof in nigeria

Like I said, I speak on the basis of my limited personal knowledge of ONE of their operators.

Of course they are the youngest unit, no doubt.

But knowledge, skill, training and equipment levels also follow determine who be Baba
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
DaV8King:

So we go to Jordan too?

Nice!

That's KASOTC in Amman

Very often...... !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

Care to point out in any of my posts were I said that Eeben Barlow founded 72nd MSF? And yes I'm aware of 72nd Airborne Battalion's renaming to 72nd Special Forces Battalion. And i'm equally aware of STTeP's air arm in Nigeria at the time with their UH-1 Heuy and Gazelle helicopters. The focus is on the Army's 72nd MSF.

BTW the fact that Eeben's STTeP team were embedded with the 72nd MSF doesn't mean that they were never involved in training that unit. As a matter of fact, such situations presents an ideal opportunity for such team to train the host's military unit. Same way, the US Military SF ODA teams embed themselves with local military groups across the globe.

That’s why I said it’s misleading, saying AFSF is Belarusian or Pakistan- trained makes sense, same for saying SBS is Nigerian British and American trained because these units were trained and fashioned after units from those countries.
Saying 72 sf battalion is south African trained is just not accurate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
DaV8King:

Like I said, I speak on the basis of my limited personal knowledge of ONE of their operators.

Of course they are the youngest unit, no doubt.

But knowledge, skill, training and equipment levels also follow determine who be Baba
dey never reach AHSG sef
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

MUTILATING FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS NOT IN OUR CHARACTER, TRAINING, MANDATE & STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES

The Nigerian Army (NA) has observed with dismay a video clip circulating on some social media platforms showing some persons in camouflage uniform mercilessly disfiguring a leg of a fellow human being, with some others shabbily, carelessly and variously dressed. Some are wearing bathroom slippers.

The NA wishes to emphatically state that having thoroughly examined the video and investigated further, it has reached the factual conclusion that all the characters involved in the despicable act are not personnel of the NA.

The action of the characters in the video clip particularly the act of meting out cruel punishment, talk less of decapitating a part of a fellow human being is not licensed, encouraged or condoned by the NA and is entirely against NA's training, Code of Conduct (COC), Rules of Engagement (ROE) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in or out of conflict situations.

Instructively, the camouflage used by the characters in the video is not the type been used in the NA and does not in any way conform to the dress code of the NA.
Similarly, NA troops are not allowed to wear bathroom slippers and civil outfits during operations.

NA troops fighting insurgency in Nigeria, have severally captured many terrorists, took custody of many surrendered terrorists some of whom have been prosecuted, while those that voluntarily surrendered are undergoing de-radicalization and rehabilitation under the Federal Government programme codenamed Operation SAFE CORRIDOR.

NA wishes to once again remind members of the public that not all photos and videos being circulated on social media and other outlets are truly members of the NA. NA has also severally and consistently made it clear that it monitors and will continue to monitor the actions of its personnel to ensure they are in conformity with extant laws and in line with International best practices.

Under the present leadership of the NA, sufficient efforts have been made to ensure personnel respect human rights in line with the ROE, COC and SOP. Any violation attracts appropriate punishment in accordance with the extant military justice system.

Members of the public are requested to note that the barbaric act (as shown in the video clip), has often been associated with the terrorists either as a punishment to one of their own or to send out powerful message to their followers and the larger public with the sole aim of instilling fear which is one of the major basis and aims of terrorists/terrorism.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) wishes to express its sincere regret for the inability of the NTA to air a documentary on NAF Special Forces, earlier scheduled for 8.30pm today due to technical hitches. The said documentary would now be aired tonight by 1030pm on the same station (Channel 251 on DSTV). All inconveniences are highly regretted. Thank you for your continued interest in the NAF.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
PRESS RELEASE/INVITATION

GUARDS BRIGADE INTER-UNIT DRILL COMPETITION

1. Drill is the basic foundation of military regimentation and a yardstick for measuring the level of discipline of a force that sharpens the individual soldier’s military career. It is against this backdrop Guards Brigade Inter Unit Drill Competition is scheduled to hold on 29 April 2019 at Guards Brigade Garrison Parade Ground Abuja.

2. In view of the above, you are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public and detail your reportorial crew to cover the event on 29 April 2019 by 9:00am at the aforementioned venue. For further enquiry, please contact Guards Brigade Assistant Director Army Public Relations on mobile number 08037597456.

3. Your usual cooperation in this regards is highly anticipated. Please accept the esteemed regards of the Commander Guards Brigade.

HARUNA TIMOTHY TAGWAI
Captain
Assistant Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Defense Journalist Brenda uji posses for a picture with Na personnel in Northern Borno. I can see 123 sf battalion insignia

The guy on the left...... ? ?? ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

That’s why I said it’s misleading, saying AFSF is Belarusian or Pakistan- trained makes sense, same for saying SBS is Nigerian British and American trained because these units were trained and fashioned after units from those countries.
Saying 72 sf battalion is south African trained is just not accurate.

So what exactly was STTeP's role in Nigeria? Why were they embedded with 72nd MSF?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria army RM-70 multiple rocket launcher,in action .

https://twitter.com/africaken1/status/1121847854815952896?s=19

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
ocelot2006:

Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2019
ocelot2006:

So what exactly was STTeP's role in Nigeria? Why were they embedded with 72nd MSF?
Hello Bro,longest time..Smiles all the way back from beegeagle grin grin,am glad u still kicking..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:20am On Apr 27, 2019
bidexiii:
Nigeria army RM-70 multiple rocket launcher,in action .

https://twitter.com/africaken1/status/1121847854815952896?s=19
Please Everyone i need your inputs on this topic,Am an Optometrist by profession currently running an academic program, Am about to start a project research in one of the Top Nigerian Universities, I intend to carry out the research on military men in the north east.."Epidemiology of ocular disease amongst Nigeria soldiers in north-east Nigeria" to aid our understanding about their most common eye challenges been in the war theatre,to do this i need access to barracks over there to carry out oculo visual test on Soilders...Would this be possible? I feel our soldiers are left out on majorly every important topic as it applies to major researches i want to carry out this in particular due to my personal love for the military.Any info on ow i can go about this would-be highly appreciated.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2019
REPORT OF ATTACK ON KONDUGA - FAKE AND BASELESS

In order to consolidate and maintain the tremendous successes achieved so far in the fight against insurgency, troops of Operation Lafiya Dole are currently conducting clearance operations within the Theatre and also projecting it further on the fringes of the Lake Chad Basin in collaboration with the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) lurking around the borders and deny them any freedom of action.

However, despite all these efforts and glaring successes recorded as well as the peace enjoyed in most of the communities within the Theatre, sadly our attention was drawn to an online publication twitted yesterday Thursday 25 April 2019 on a purported massive attack on Konduga which was solely designed to cause severe panic, utter chaos and pandemonium within the communities.
The publication is not only false but a deliberate effort to smear and discredit the image and sacrifices of the entire operation as well as the peace in the North East region and the country at large.

Members of the general public are please requested to disregard the publication which is baseless and unsubstantiated as Konduga remain peaceful with no attack on the community. While we condemn this fabrication of falsehood, we call on the media to always seek clarification on issues of national security before going to press.

We therefore urge the good people of Konduga and environs to go about their lawful activities with assurance that troops and other security agencies are on alert against any possible threat. Additionally, you are please requested to provide timely information on any suspicious activities within your communities for prompt action.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public.
Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director
Public Relations
7 Division Nigerian Army/Operation
LAFIYA DOLE

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.