Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031253 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2019
SLBMS:

Just when I think you couldn't possibly get any dumber you always prove me wrong. Just look at what this one is saying. I actually thought you were not this silly. When have you seen me advocate for S-400? and the F-35? Are you nuts?

That said it is people like you that makes corruption thrive. Always eager to make excuses for incompetence, you cannot think with your head how Nigeria is fast fallen into oblivion militarily. I just gave you an example but you are too dumb to grasp it. You telling me Henry that the wealthiest economy in Africa with Trillion dollar GDP (ppp), huge forex reserve and a defence budget that dwarfes the rest of the region combined, cannot rebuild and modernize the armed forces? Do you think with your head at all? We allocate $1 BILLION to buy BULLETS. That's more than the defence budget of the two strongest francophone countries combined.

Between 2012 and 2018 $26 BILLION has been spent on security. Dasuki Sambo alone cornered $15 BILLION, FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS, Did the Nigerian economy collapse? Where did the $15 billion come from then? How can you win a war by digging trenches and doing point defence because there are not enough MRAPS and air assets to go on offensives. The few times they brave up and attack without air support they get massacred. We lost our greatest tank commander because for 40 minutes they held their own waiting for support after walking into an ambush. The air support that never came. FORTY MINUTES.

Do you see the adverse effect of corruption? But as long as people like you exist the Oga at the top have no reason to fear. You will always make excuses for them. NO MONEY. That you will even utter such nonsense is enough to make me question your sanity.

Soldiers go to battle with no bullet proof vest in Hilux truck yet we spend $659 million on a crop duster aircraft that won't be delivered until 2022. We earmark an extra $1 billion for bullets and you do not see the absurdity of it all. Your job is to come here and cry how poor Nigeria is and post stupid pictures of Toyota trucks,.,five years have past you are not tired of pisting the same ole pics. You've chased away serious contributors by your stupid attacks on those trying to have a cerebral conversation. You my friend are a disgrace. You find comfort in your circle of equally deluded friends and because oh are not capable of havjng a cerebral discussion you fight thise who do with crude remarks. See how foolish you are?
allow the compound f00l, always eager to insult people here. Such an 1diot. Thanks for schooling the bastard.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chelseafan99: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
You are not being hundred percent truthful bro. Nigeria has attack drones no other country has them. The Super Tucano can dogfight and carry missiles. It is very modern and can defend our air space better than the F-7, which is old. So I don't see why you insist our Air Force is bad.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Chelseafan99:
You are not being hundred percent truthful bro. Nigeria has attack drones no other country has them. The Super Tucano can dogfight and carry missiles. It is very modern and can defend our air space better than the F-7, which is old. So I don't see why you insist our Air Force is bad.

The Super Tucano is not an air superiority fighter mister. It cannot defend our airspace, it's optimized for air to ground and us completely useless against a well defended target, it p.a. not fast enough to bug out of a target area or evade missiles, it has no ejection sit, its nothing but a trap if used in a conventional battlefield against enemy aircraft. We spent $650 for that crappy Plane, over half a billion.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
Jelal0007:
allow the compound f00l, always eager to insult people here. Such an 1diot. Thanks for schooling the bastard.

?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
Na wah for una o! You all no say this thread no be ministry of defence?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2019
SLBMS:

Just when I think you couldn't possibly get any dumber you always prove me wrong. Just look at what this one is saying. I actually thought you were not this silly. When have you seen me advocate for S-400? and the F-35? Are you nuts?

That said it is people like you that makes corruption thrive. Always eager to make excuses for incompetence, you cannot think with your head how Nigeria is fast fallen into oblivion militarily. I just gave you an example but you are too dumb to grasp it. You telling me Henry that the wealthiest economy in Africa with Trillion dollar GDP (ppp), huge forex reserve and a defence budget that dwarfes the rest of the region combined, cannot rebuild and modernize the armed forces? Do you think with your head at all? We allocate $1 BILLION to buy BULLETS. That's more than the defence budget of the two strongest francophone countries combined.

I understand you have a mental disability, so i'll school you in a very basic language.

The defence budget of Nigeria for 2019 is 2.152 billion USD.

When you take out recurrent expenditure, what percentage of that budget is left for capital expenditure for a force of over 120,000 men?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
SLBMS:

Dasuki Sambo alone cornered $15 BILLION, FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS, Did the Nigerian economy collapse? Where did the $15 billion come from then?
You see how ineptly fraudulent you are?

Nigeria's Dasuki 'arrested over $2bn arms fraud'

Mr Dasuki is accused of awarding phantom contracts to buy 12 helicopters, four fighter jets and ammunition. He denies the allegations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34973872

There's no way you can claim to be mentally alright, it's just not possible. You suffer from Dissociative identity disorder, this is a fact.

making spurious allegations like a raving lunatic.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
Henry240:

I understand you have a mental disability, so i'll school you in a very basic language.

The defence budget of Nigeria for 2019 is 2.152 billion USD.

When you take out recurrent expenditure, what percentage of that budget is left for capital expenditure for a force of over 120,000 men?

Dear Henry, if someone quotes facts you disagree with, do try to counter it with facts of your own without resorting to gutter language. That said, SLBMS was referring not only to the defense budget, but to how much was budgeted for security from 2012 to 2018. If his figure is correct, we could have used that kind of money to thoroughly revamp our armed forces and buy the kind of equipment that will make the likes of Algeria look like learner's.
$26 billion. Holy Jesusad

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
sczeska:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-military-cemetery-conceals-toll-of-islamist-insurgency-in-nigeria-11564565406

Check out @JoeWSJ’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JoeWSJ/status/1156853004848500737?s=09

This isn't surprising considering the number of bases that were overrun since last year by the terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Dear Henry, if someone quotes facts you disagree with, do try to counter it with facts of your own without resorting to gutter language. That said, SLBMS was referring not only to the defense budget, but to how much was budgeted for security from 2012 to 2018. If his figure is correct, we could have used that kind of money to thoroughly revamp our armed forces and buy the kind of equipment that will make the likes of Algeria look like learner's.
SLBM claims Dasuki alone cornered 15 billion dollars alone.

Do you consider that as fact?

He was appointed NSA on June 22, 2012 - May 29, 2015.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Chelseafan99:

Attack drones? No one else has them? You sure about that? The Israelis were not using them in the 1980s against the Syrians?
Who told you the Tucano is a fighter? Not even its manufacturer can make that claim. Sure it can carry short range AAM, but that doesn't make it a fighter. Lots of helicopters carry AAM and are not referred to as fighters. The Tucano is simply a high reliability, rugged and relatively low cost counter insurgency aircraft that is useful in low threat environments. In my humble opinion the North East is NOT a low threat environment.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
SLBMS:

The Super Tucano is not an air superiority fighter mister. It cannot defend our airspace, it's optimized for air to ground and us completely useless against a well defended target, it p.a. not fast enough to bug out of a target area or evade missiles, it has no ejection sit, its nothing but a trap if used in a conventional battlefield against enemy aircraft. We spent $650 for that crappy Plane, over half a billion.
It does have zero-zero ejection seats. But it's simply not armored enough for the purpose. And it can only carry 1.5 tons of armament.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
Toju200:
thanks bro.... I love this beauty chaiiii Belgium is about to launch a bid for armoured vehicles proforce should sign up ARA for it.they could get the contract

Lol. My guess is that Belgium will want more sophisticated APCs, with like a remote weapon system and better armor protection. They have the money to burn.
The vehicle looks great.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
Henry240:

Mr Dasuki is accused of awarding phantom contracts to buy 12 helicopters, four fighter jets and ammunition. He denies the allegations.

There's no way you can claim to be mentally alright, it's just not possible. You suffer from Dissociative identity disorder, this is a fact.

@henry please don't waste your effort replying these guy.
You've just proofed a point that any sane people would comprehend. Him and is counterpart GabrielYulaw: claimed having facts; like the super tucano is useless, will someone with a sane mind make such claims.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
Henry240:

SLBM claims Dasuki alone cornered 15 billion dollars alone.

Do you consider that as fact?

He was appointed NSA on June 22, 2012 - May 29, 2015.
Henry this is a discussion thread not a pissing contest. So when you have a better argument propose it and back it with facts. There's no need for insults. Let's act mature please.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Henry this is a discussion thread not a kissing contest. So when you have a better argument propose it and back it with facts. There's no need for insults. Let's act mature please.
Lmfao!!!

Do you read at all?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2019
SLBMS:

I ain't got time to engage you in your pettiness. Your problem is whoever does not subscribe to your view what do you do next? You start digging up history and throwing petty jabs. It shows you are not very smart. You see validation in your mediocrity. Continue searching for the "wack" video, at least I make videos, I write articles.....what exactly can you do Me Bidexi besides posting the same crap from NAF Twitter pages day in day out. What content can you formulate on your own? Zero. Because for people like your there is no middle ground...ain't gonna waste more of my time replying to your childish response

Dumb people of your type will read such articles.
It's people like you will write articles why super tucano is a bad COIN assets and NAF CATCHES UP WITH SAAF with numbers of aircrafts/types etc.
Dude I write military articles and videos; they are not dump like yours, go check if you want... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
bidexiii:

You've just proofed a point that any sane people would comprehend. Him and is counterpart GabrielYulaw: claimed having facts; like the super tucano is useless, will someone with a sane mind make such claims.
Gotten Boss.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2019
sczeska:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-military-cemetery-conceals-toll-of-islamist-insurgency-in-nigeria-11564565406

Check out @JoeWSJ’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JoeWSJ/status/1156853004848500737?s=09

PRESS RELEASE
THERE ARE NO SECRET GRAVEYARDS IN THE NORTH EAST THEATRE
The Defence Headquarters has noted with dismay an Online Article by “Wall Street Journal” purporting that the Nigerian Military maintains secret graveyards in the North East theatre of operation. This insinuation can only emanate from an uninformed position of the author of the said publication. It therefore becomes necessary to inform the public that the Armed Forces of Nigeria has a rich and solemn tradition for the interment of our fallen heroes.
Therefore, it must be unambigously clarified that the Armed Forces of Nigeria does not indulge in secret burials, as it is sacrilegious and a profanity to extant ethos and traditions of the Nigerian military.
In tandem with the traditions of the Armed Forces, Fallen heroes are duly honoured and paid the last respect in befitting military funeral of international standard, featuring funeral parade, grave site oration, solemn prayers for the repose of departed souls by Islamic and Christian clerics, as well as gun salutes, aside other military funeral rites.
The cemetery described in the publication, which is situated in Maimalari military Cantonment is an officially designated military cemetery for the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the North East theatre, with a Cenotaph erected in honour of our fallen heroes. The official cemetery has played host to several national and international dignitaries, where wreaths were laid in honour of the fallen heroes. It is therefore a far cry from the sacrilegious impression being painted by “Wall Street Journal”.
The Defence Headquarters therefore urges members of the Armed Forces and the general public to disregard such a misinformed publication and see it as a figment of the imagination of the writer, whose knowledge of military valued ethos and traditions is grossly misplaced.
Thank you for your cooperation.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Colonel
Director Defence Information
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
bidexiii:

I guess you are right Bidexii. Having an opinion contrary to yours makes the person insane. Smh

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
Henry240:

Lmfao!!!

Do you read at all?

Like I said, act mature. There is no need for insults when someone disagrees with you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
QuietMynd:
Toju200
There u have it

Nigerian Army has unveiled four (4) Mine Resistant Anti Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle designed and manufactured in Nigeria in partnership with Proforce Limited on 1 August 2019. Nigeria's Chief of Defence Staff General AG Olonisakin commissions the vehicles at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre Asokoro Abuja. The MRAP vehicles are a result of collaboration between the Nigerian Army and Proforce Limited and is in line with the local content policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria and the desire of the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai for the Army to be self relent and the need to develop indigenous production of Defence hardwares/military industrial complex.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Like I said, act mature. There is no need for insults when someone disagrees with you.
I asked you a question, learn to understand the difference.

I asked if you read?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Henry240:
I asked you a question, learn to understand the difference.
I asked if you read?
Lol. No. I can't read Massa. I is too dumb to read, Massa.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Lol. No. I can't read Massa. I is too dumb to read, Massa.

That's fantastic.

That's why you didn't see this.

SLBMS:

Dasuki Sambo alone cornered $15 BILLION, FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS, Did the Nigerian economy collapse? Where did the $15 billion come from then?

Henry240:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2019
Let us finally publish the list of stupid countries that operate the "useless" tucano and bring this argument to a close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

U are an hypocrites( not meant as an insult)
Why don't ur advice or friend first
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
rka2:
Let us finally publish the list of stupid countries that operate the "useless" tucano and bring this argument to a close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

I have to apologise to these countries you call stupid on your behalf, because it would seem you might just be the one. Take a look at those countries what do they have in common? ...that's right, they all have a credible air force. They have at the very least one or two squadrons of fighter jets, so their investing in Super Tucano is obviously for a specified reason. The NAF strike fleet is a double tragedy. The aircraft are hopelessly obsolete, and the numbers in service is beyond ridiculous. 10 Alpha Jet trainers and five F-7Ni constitute our strike fleet. The NAF receive millions in allocation for training pilots. It cost almost a million dollars to train just one pilot. Another one or two billion naira is allocated for building new housing for our pilots. After spending so much what exactly are these pilots supposed to do with their acquired skill? There are only 5 fighter jet in the NAF. FIVE.

So we spend billions in welfare and training yet we vehemently refuse to do something about our obselete fleet. Is it not madness that for the past 11 years now, the most number of aircraft the NAF has acquired is 10 Super Mushank trainers from Pakistan. The JF-17 negotiation started in 2014. We are approaching ten years we still have no idea when or if we will take delivery.,.and paradventure by 2025 when we finally take delivery we will have just three. THREE !! We are struggling against an enemy with negligible air defence capabilities yet we have lost close to a 3rd to enemy fire. Of the two Mi-35 recently delivered we've already lost one. Do you even grasp the mAgnitude of this capability gap,? How does 12 turbo prop aircrzft solve the fundamental problem in the AF?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.