Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075324 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2019
giles14:
the S-70
Was based on this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_Skat

Not the shiny salty dog.
I know it's not based on salty dog..it has resemblance with it but not uncanny
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2019
Toju200:
so Congo now deployed F7 jet for show of Force.. Are they now trying to challenge us militarily..Hmm na them know grin before the game heats up let's get our jf17 and super tucano and finish most of our indigenous military project then we can now talk grin

Nasooo grin grin grin

But seriously I can't believe I will be boasting about a jf17 grin angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2019
jarell:

Nasooo grin grin grin

But seriously I can't believe I will be boasting about a jf17 grin angry
why grin u think we aren't getting it.... grin we surely are..even the CAS knows we need it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2019
Toju200:
why grin u think we aren't getting it.... grin we surely are..even the CAS knows we need it

Sure we do, but it's not a platform I can boast about to my friends.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2019
Sizzorkay:
lol, how about we just scroll past all the bs rants grin

I don't read posts from some moniker, I see the name and scroll past.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
jarell:

Sure we do, but it's not a platform I can boast about to my friends.
why did you say so...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Toju200:
why did you say so...

It's not among the best out there.

And in my personal opinion I think we should have gone through the Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
Covert1:

And while the country is on a downward spiral the president is enroute to his village in Daura, Katsina state for 10 days instead of staying back in Abuja and demonstrating leadership becoming of a supposed "giant of africa" whose authority is now at its lowest been challenged by domestic and foreign enemies.

By now a hands on president would have had the Congolese ambassador and his essential staff on the next flight to Kinshasa while the Nigerian ambassador and entire embassy is evacuated for immediate consultations and at same time[b][/b] an F-7 supersonic flight is ordered over Kinshasa in a show of force.[b][/b]

In international diplomacy appearances matter.

While at it the army commander in that area of operation where those police intelligence officers were slain would be placed on temporary suspension pending the outcome of DHQ investigations.

Alas nothing of substance is happening but the most inept president is on his way to Sallah rendezvous.

Haba who do us like this.

Hehehe, is it really necessary ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
#COIN

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
Talk of suicide..using commercial 4x4 in a battlefield were mines and roadside bombs are the major weapon of the enemy. Nigerian army commanders are heartless. Theu don't lead the fight in the front, they dont even camp witj troops and they send them into battle exposed to all elements. God bless our patriotic fighting men and women.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
jarell:

It's not among the best out there.

And in my personal opinion I think we should have gone through the Chinese.
Exactly, the government should have gone through China instead of Pakistan. I think the US is purposely sabotaging the efforts of the Government in fighting boko haram by refusing to sell weapons to us. Pakistan is a known ally/vassal of the USA, unlike China which can easily flaunt US orders.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2019
Deleted
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2019
Litmus, abeg remove the video.

Abeg.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2019
And some people get mad when blacks are called uncivilized, i can't believe i have anything in common with people that behave like animals, Nigeria is a sad country. Why strip the dead. And why did soldiers allow such, they were right there, in a crime scene, you secure the area, instead they allow civilians to dump the bodies in their military van, a scene civilians should have been prevented from accessing.
So much for being well trained huh.
Just sad, we have a country full of animals, all you have to do is watch jungle justice videos online, it's heartbreaking

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Xbee007:
Litmus, abeg remove the video.

Abeg.

I’ve removed the post. Perhaps this is not the place for it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
Covert1:

And the larger perspective is to restructure the country which your president Buhari promised but reneged upon assuming power like he reneged on everything else like the 5000 NGN for unemployed youths and 1 dollar to the Naira etc. That speaks of his integrity.

You noticed I don't join issues with u whether sentimental or emotional cos the facts speak for themselves. This country is badly run and enormous powers are vested in the presidency to change that and you don't give excuses when elected, you change for the better what you find on ground. Buhari has had four years yet still blaming those four years on others. If Obasanjo did that we would not have paid off the Paris Club Debts or ever launched our first satellite or brought GSM to Nigeria. If Yar'Adua and Jonathan did that there would not have been a Nigeria for Buhari to rule. The truth is this APC government is evil.

We have only retrogressed under Buhari not progressed. We come here and sing praises of our military but those are individualistic efforts of patriots like Air Marshal Abubakar and the troops on the ground not the leadership of the country. How can a country of Nigeria's size not be flying fifth generation aircraft by now or modern Frigates and Destroyers. Something not impossible with the right leadership. People are quick to crucify the PDP but it was the PDP administrations that gave us our first stealth warships/OPVs, T-72s, F-7s, Mi-35s, SBS, satellites, increased NIA & SSS funding and even Abuja to a large extent. Yet APC propaganda tell us they did these things, something they already met on the table.

I tell you with all the PDP corruption say Atiku were president instead of Buhari you can expect to see major start up funding of some 5 billion dollars for our military with a shopping list for modern armaments and we wouldn't have had to wait for 4 months for a ministerial list of half dead men. Abubakar Atiku already had his economic adviser Prof. Chike doing the rounds with detailed plans of his programs for all sectors of the economy including the military. Atiku even had an agreement with our elders from North to South to restructure the country. I use Atiku cos he had a better chance of winning a fair election. Tinubu wan be president by force so a sick man must be foisted on us by all means to that end. I hope you try to read the intelligence between the lines. If you know how these evil men seek to stranglehold this country you would not only call for revolution you will call for worse.

Look at our young queuing at embassies to run. A country is only as strong as it's people. Instead of supporting mediocrity everyone should be ashamed we are were we are today. Na only una country dem still dey take light like this. We should be ashamed. And I am. I don't even bragg with fellow Africans anymore. Infact a Kenyan once asked me why the lights are out in Nigeria. You can imagine the shame.

Dey support Tinubu. Let another government enter power and let's see how visionary he is. Wait until dem open his wardrobe. Tinubu has basically confiscated Lagos like 19th century America where the mob ruled. The APC is a mob party. Brazen stealing of an election in broad daylight with military suppression and mobsters. Be bold to say you are a Tinubu man. It is self evident which is why you support bad leadership.

Pls abeg let's tell ourselves the truth and challenge the status quo. Enough is enough. It's time to fight back.

Where will Atiku get $5b to fund the military from?
I don't know if you are just a teenager or a cretin with so short a memory, Atiku promised eldorado with privatization where did it land us?
Pls lets enjoy the pictures enough of this Atiku nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Covert1:

Evarn I suggest you go back sourcing and posting military pics or find something else cos seriously I'm constrained to use harsher language on you for the sake of decorum on this platform. I just can't find it in me to understand why you come on here with glee and support a m.oron who enjoys answering president without doing the job. I'm like what are u drinking when u post or what brand of wee.d you drag to deny reality. Anyone still supporting this nomad in power begs the question what you do for a living, if you live in Nigeria, where do you come from, how old are you, have you been abroad or live there, are you a politician..? Somewhere along those lines we will know why someone would support a man who has just produced a list of corrupt politicians as his ministers a mix of his first term appointees who did nothing for four years and those who stole their states to bankruptcy. A leopard cannot change its spots. I coined the term the Buharist before you ever joined his campaign and few months into his government I knew we bought bad market and the objective thing to do is own up and run. Revolutions at first always seem impossible but once the seeds are sown it never goes back and in this case what is certain is that Bola Tinubu will never be president and God willing we will not be saddled with another years of Buhari the most useless president.
Is bola tinubu no longer a Nigerian
Revolution can never work in Nigeria because we are not united, and because of our ethnic/religion differences. The only solution to Nigeria is total disintegration or confederation, in fact in that confederation every region should have is own military. Nigeria is so messed up, with this current system of government we will have incompetence men like buhari ruling.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2019
You guys no dey rest? jeez
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
Pleas can someone explain to me how Air Marshal Abubakar is a patriot? He should be made to face trial instead for treason instead. Do you know how many good men and women have died because of him? Have you ever wondered why the army refuses to release the number of soldiers KIA? because thousands o Nigerian soldiers have been killed in battle because the NAF is unable to provide combat air support. The platforms at simply not there. The army created an Army Aviation Corp because them number of deaths were getting ridiculously too high...yet the NAF refuses to release attack helicopters to the army.

Instead of working to improve the NAF attack fleet he is bus building his own army. Six thousand Special Forces soldiers and three units created in the space of 5 years all trained by Israel. Do you know how much that costs? As his army gets bigger he is busy securing contracts to build more houses, more hostels, more gym facilities, more tailoring workshop, fish pond, forensic lab....this is the man in charge of what us supposed to be the largest Air Force in West Africa. He completed another sporting facility two weeks and and this week he has taken delivery of DOGS! ! DOGS! ! DOGS !!

Soldiers should never go into battle without close air support. Because of him solders are forced to dig trenches, makihgbthem vulnerable and this man is spending millions of dollars on things that has nothing to air combat capability and people are calling him a patriot, a war hero. ..Oh my goodness, who did this to us?i

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
Covert1:

And the larger perspective is to restructure the country which your president Buhari promised but reneged upon assuming power like he reneged on everything else like the 5000 NGN for unemployed youths and 1 dollar to the Naira etc. That speaks of his integrity.

You noticed I don't join issues with u whether sentimental or emotional cos the facts speak for themselves. This country is badly run and enormous powers are vested in the presidency to change that and you don't give excuses when elected, you change for the better what you find on ground. Buhari has had four years yet still blaming those four years on others. If Obasanjo did that we would not have paid off the Paris Club Debts or ever launched our first satellite or brought GSM to Nigeria. If Yar'Adua and Jonathan did that there would not have been a Nigeria for Buhari to rule. The truth is this APC government is evil.

We have only retrogressed under Buhari not progressed. We come here and sing praises of our military but those are individualistic efforts of patriots like Air Marshal Abubakar and the troops on the ground not the leadership of the country. How can a country of Nigeria's size not be flying fifth generation aircraft by now or modern Frigates and Destroyers. Something not impossible with the right leadership. People are quick to crucify the PDP but it was the PDP administrations that gave us our first stealth warships/OPVs, T-72s, F-7s, Mi-35s, SBS, satellites, increased NIA & SSS funding and even Abuja to a large extent. Yet APC propaganda tell us they did these things, something they already met on the table.

I tell you with all the PDP corruption say Atiku were president instead of Buhari you can expect to see major start up funding of some 5 billion dollars for our military with a shopping list for modern armaments and we wouldn't have had to wait for 4 months for a ministerial list of half dead men. Abubakar Atiku already had his economic adviser Prof. Chike doing the rounds with detailed plans of his programs for all sectors of the economy including the military. Atiku even had an agreement with our elders from North to South to restructure the country. I use Atiku cos he had a better chance of winning a fair election. Tinubu wan be president by force so a sick man must be foisted on us by all means to that end. I hope you try to read the intelligence between the lines. If you know how these evil men seek to stranglehold this country you would not only call for revolution you will call for worse.
I don't really like buhari, but in terms of providing infrastructure, he is better than OBJ and GEJ. I'm talking in terms of what I don use my eyes see o. GEJ and OBJ kept on budgeting money for roads like Lagos- Ibadan expressway yet nothing was done on this road. GEJ and OBJ are both worst than Buhari in fact nah that GEJ worst pass grin

After GEJ was elected and sworn in as the president of Nigeria, he told us that Nigeria does not need a SNC cause there was nothing to talk about grin but when he saw he will lose the 2015 presidential election he quickly organized a useless national conference grin.

Atiku or buhari will never organise a SNC.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 11, 2019
I can't believe a Nigerian police officer will beg for his life shocked Nigerian policemen will understand the pains civilians they do harass and kill go through, yet the police will deny it happened.

Nigerian policemen have done more harm to people I love. A friend of mine was killed by thugs that we could identify, yet nothing was done to the thugs.

My friend died without getting any justice. In fact the policemen gave no Bleep he was dying, they were just asking for money for useless things before they could even write a police report.

The policemen family will really know and understand what a lot of average Nigerians go through. Before you know it this case will die down.

As hustler wey I be, my eyes don see a lot of things in this Nigeria, not having money and connection is a sin/crime in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:31am On Aug 11, 2019
Sizzorkay:
You guys no dey rest? jeez
Best way to stop argument is for one party to just yield
Just disappointed it always the same set of wise men

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 8:16am On Aug 11, 2019
BabaOwen:
I can't believe a Nigerian police officer will beg for his life shocked Nigerian policemen will understand the pains civilians they do harass and kill go through, yet the police will deny it happened.

Nigerian policemen have done more harm to people I love. A friend of mine was killed by thugs that we could identify, yet nothing was done to the thugs.

My friend died without getting any justice. In fact the policemen gave no Bleep he was dying, they were just asking for money for useless things before they could even write a police report.

The policemen family will really know and understand what a lot of average Nigerians go through. Before you know it this case will die down.

As hustler wey I be, my eyes don see a lot of things in this Nigeria, not having money and connection is a sin/crime in Nigeria.
This is insensitive bro

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
That lying wretch has come again grin
"Six Thousand Special forces"
Damn!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
The thing tire person lol, if our air force personnel dey sleep in dilapidated buildings, they will complain, now the man dey build them proper accommodation, they complain, e tire person. having recreational centers in baracks isn't bad, nothing wrong with that, taking care of the welfare of your men is priority, everything else follows, smh
Odunayaw:
That lying wretch has come again grin

"Six Thousand Special forces"

Damn!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 1:39am On Aug 12, 2019
Check out these sweet shiny tavors. Best part is, they were recovered from kidnappers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:45am On Aug 12, 2019
EVarn:
Check out these sweet shiny tavors. Best part is, they were recovered from kidnappers.
It belongs to the army in the first place....The kidnappers killed members of the JTF and collected it. na this kind thing them carry give DSS as basic weapon make them take dey protect politicians, while soldiers use rusty AKs as basic infantry weapon which overheats after prolonged firing to face daredevil terrorists.
One day na one day una go hear say army especially the rank and file revolt for this country.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:13am On Aug 12, 2019
EID-EL-KABIR GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM THE CAS

1. It is with great pleasure, and gratitude to the Almighty, that I heartily wish all Officers, Airmen/Airwomen and Civilian Staff of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) a Happy Eid-El-Kabir! I pray that the joy of the season abides with you and your families.

2. I wish to particularly thank Commanders at all levels for their commitments and sacrifices. I urge you to continue to think outside the box whilst evolving innovative solutions in order to ensure high level of aircraft and equipment serviceability as well as robust logistics support capability for enhanced combat readiness to deal with the threats to our Nation. It is gratifying to note that our gallant pilots as well as our Regiment and Special Forces personnel are adapting creditably to the ever changing nature of these threats and making good progress.

3. I therefore commend the Air Officers Commanding, Commanders and Supervisors, and indeed all NAF personnel, for your untiring efforts to ensure mission accomplishment. We must continue to evolve new ways of dealing with emerging issues in order to bring succour to our people in the areas affected by security challenges. We must also sustain and improve on the level of professionalism in the Service through robust, job-focused training; commitment to improving personnel welfare as well as result-oriented Research and Development (R&grin), which have all had a positive impact on our operational effectiveness. I must also appreciate our family members for their unquantifiable support and encouragement that have enabled us carry on with our constitutional responsibilities more effectively.

4. Notwithstanding our modest gains, we must appreciate the enormity of the challenges ahead, as we strive to consolidate and work with sister Services and other stakeholders to rid our Great Nation of the threats to her security and development. Accordingly, as we go forward, I enjoin you all to redouble your efforts in dealing decisively with all enemies of the State, while remaining professional in the discharge of your duties. You must be courageous and, working in synergy with other security agencies, continue to take the battle to the armed bandits and terrorists, not minding their malicious propaganda. You must also remember, in the course of your duties, to always operate within the ambits of extant local and international laws, while showing compassion and respect for all law-abiding citizens.

5. Fellow Officers, Airmen and Airwomen, as we mark this festive season, which celebrates the spirit of sacrifice, we are afforded an opportunity to reflect on the sacrifices of our colleagues who have paid the supreme price in service to our fatherland. We remember them today as always and restate our commitment to cater for the needs of their loved ones and those they left behind. Let their memories and deeds spur us on to a higher level of dedication so that their sacrifices were not in vain.

6. Finally, I once again wish you and your families a Happy Eid-El-Kabir!

SB ABUBAKAR
Air Marshal
Chief of the Air Staff

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:14am On Aug 12, 2019
NAF IMMORTALIZES LATE FLYING OFFICER ABDULRAHMAN BAYERO, TRAINS 4,500 REGIMENT PERSONNEL IN 4 YEARS

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has immortalized late Flying Officer Abdulrahman Bayero, a Regiment Officer, who died in a firefight with armed bandits at Kawan Pole Waya near Birnin Gwari in Kaduna State on 22 July 2019, by naming 2 newly constructed blocks of 10 x Single-Bedroom Officers’ Transit Quarters at the Regiment Training Centre (RTC) in Kaduna in his honour. The new residential accommodation were commissioned today, 10 August 2019, by the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who said the NAF has trained over 4,500 Regiment/Special Forces Personnel from 2015 till date.

Speaking through the Chief of Policy and Plans, Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Napoleon Bali, the CAS stated that the rationale behind the rapid capacity building of the NAF Regiment Specialty was premised on the need to reposition the Service to meet the emerging security challenges which had, over time, evolved to mostly threats posed by non-state actors employing unconventional tactics to target NAF aircraft and other assets. To this end, he said, efforts were intensified to increase the strength, equipment and weapon holding of the NAF Regiment whilst also upgrading the erstwhile Regiment Training School to a Centre for more effective discharge of its training functions.

Air Marshal Abubakar noted that the enhanced capacity of the NAF Regiment has enabled the Service to continue to contribute to Government’s efforts at ensuring the protection of Nigerians from armed bandits, militants and insurgents. He noted, however, that, in spite of the various successes so far recorded in the various internal security operations, some personnel had paid the supreme price in the line of duty. Accordingly, he highlighted that, while the ceremony marked the provision of additional accommodation to staff of RTC for enhanced performance, it was also a solemn occasion honouring the ultimate sacrifice made by Flying Officer Bayero. While praying for the repose of his soul, the CAS urged personnel to emulate the values of selflessness, bravery and dedication displayed by the late officer, noting that the buildings would continue to serve as a memorial to his sacrifice.

Speaking further, the CAS noted that the efforts towards improving personnel welfare as well as ensuring a well motivated and professional force could not have been possible without the immense support of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari. He therefore registered his profound gratitude on behalf of officers, airmen, airwomen, civilian staff and entire Air Force Family, pledging continued and unalloyed loyalty. “As a Service, we will strive to continuously meet and even exceed expectations of the Nation at this time of heightened insecurity by protecting the citizenry and our critical assets as well as bringing succour to those in despair, as we discharge our constitutional responsibilities to the Nation”, the CAS said.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command (AOC GTC), Air Vice Marshal ldi Amin, recalled that since assumption of office, the CAS had deliberately focused on capacity building and personnel welfare as key drivers of his Vision for the NAF. He disclosed that the upgrade of the Regiment Training School to Centre status, being one of these areas of focus, had translated to an increase in students’ intake thereby resulting in the training of over 4,500 personnel in various courses from 2015 till date. AVM Amin remarked that some of the ongoing projects in the Centre, which include 3 blocks of 10 x one-bedroom transit accommodation for airmen/airwomen instructors, an Olympic sized swimming pool, gymnasium, dining hall, 3 classroom blocks, a 300-seat hall, construction of airborne training apparatus as well as upgrade of the Commando Village, would not only ameliorate accommodation challenges but also improve on the Centre’s training capacity.

Members of late Flying Officer Bayero’s family, including his wife, Mrs Zainab Bayero, as well as his parents, Mallam and Mrs Hassan Bayero, and siblings attended the ceremony. Also present at the event were the Chief of Training and Operations, along with other Branch Chiefs and Directors from Headquarters NAF, the AOC Air Training Command (ATC) and Principal Staff Officers ATC and GTC as well as Commandants and Commanders of co-located NAF Units in Kaduna, amongst others.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:16am On Aug 12, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

UPDATE ON THE SHOOTING INCIDENT THAT LEAD TO THE DEATH OF MR. CHIMAOBI NWAOGWU AT UMUOKEREKE NGWA COMMUNITY OF ABIA STATE

In reference to our earlier press release on the incident that led to the shooting of one innocent Nigerian citizen, Mr. Chimaobi Nwaogu of Umuokereke-Ngwa Community in Obingwa LGA of Abia State, the Headquarters of the 82 Division of Nigerian Army (NA) wishes to inform the general public that further investigation
on the unfortunate incident revealed that Lance Corporal Ajayi Johnson, one of the soldiers deployed to Forward Operations Base Ohanze, for security duty absconded from his duty post to an unknown destination.

He was thereafter, reported to have been involved in a scuffle that led to the shooting and killing of Mr. Chimaobi, who is an Okada rider, on Wednesday, 7 August 2019.

The soldier has since been arrested and detained, while a disciplinary procedure is in progress.

He will be tried according to extant military laws, and if found culpable will be dismissed and handed over to the Civil Police for prosecution.

The NA deeply regrets the unfortunate incident, and pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased.

We also pray that the almighty God will strengthen his family, loved ones and the entire Abians over this irreparable loss.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.

Special thanks for your usual cooperation.

ALIYU YUSUF
DEPUTY DIRECTOR ARMY PUBLIC RELATIONS 82 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY
10 AUGUST 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.