Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land (882 Views)

Usman Bugaje: "Nigeria's Oil Belongs To The North" (2014) / Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by iaatmguy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Thought of keeping mute concerning the issue of indigenous lagosians, but the way and manner some ignoramus reiterate "lagos is no man's land" is nauseating. Its only shallow thinkers, superficial beings, greedy people and bigots, who have this notion. If a deranged junkie spewed that out, doesn't mean its a fact.
In a likewise manner can that be said about kano, onitsha, port-harcourt, where all ethnic groups converge for businesses.
Likening the matter to a man who calls is neighbor to a meal, prepared in his own house, the neighbor then holds the owner's hand and says this food belongs to everyone.
If lagos is no man's land, then Niger deltans should stop ranting about "our oil", if lagos is NO man's land, tell that to the obi of onitsha, that a yoruba man should be his chief, if lagos is no man's land, then kano belongs to who , the igbos or urhobo ?.if lagos is no man's land then the igbos should present a hausa man as their king. The over indulgence enjoyed by non-indigenes of Lagos can not be accepted by any other ethnic group Elsewhere.The truth is we are all citizens of Nigeria at the same time indigenes of our different state respectively. We are one NIGERIA but belong to our respective states, though this sounds ambivalent concerning our unity, but its the fact.
IGBOS OWN THE SOUTH EAST, HAUSAS OWN THE CORE NORTH, YORUBAS OWN THE SOUTH WEST INCLUDING LAGOS.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
story for oduduwa
Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by Baawaa(m): 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hausas don't say it,you can only hear it from uncivilised Ibos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by otipoju(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
They know where they come from. They are just being needlessly troublesome.

When it is festive season, they know the road to Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, and Imo

I am from Ekiti state and I will not tell an indegene of Lagos that his ancestral home is " no mans land".. I also know that he will not tell me that Arokodare street belongs to everybody.

I will respect his history and he will respect mine.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
People with history and culture won't disrespect another man's land.

It's only uncultured people who would call another man's land a no man's land.

Someone from Ibafo that's close to Lagos can't even call Lagos a no man's land

Its time we resolve this issue once and for all

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Omololu007:
lagos is ur fada land
joko si be. Iya re se se beere ni
Re: Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Omololu007:
omo nna ton so yoruba
waagba, o mo nkan kan ni gba ti jimi baa win

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Fayose And The Ongoing Chaos In Ekiti / Exhibition Lifts The Lid On Medicine's Gory Past!!! -PHOTOS- / Pictures-governor Oshiomhole Organizes Road Show To Celebrate Apc's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.