Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? (5738 Views)

Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation / Women Protesting The Seizure Of Patience Jonathan's Accounts Storm Federal Court / Over 10 Million IPOB Members Protesting The Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by alcmene: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilorin used to be under the Oyo Empire and was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja.

But Afonja rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani.

Afonja was assisted by Shehu Alimi, who was a Fulani leader.
In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi’s son became Emir and Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate

But it still baffles me that the yorubas seems unperturbed by the usurpation and look the other way when such issue is brought to the fore.
Could it be as a result of their proverbial hospitality??
Or could it be that they are so scared and hence have resigned to fate thus forfeiting their ancestral inheritance

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by ebamma(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Make I take sniper position,

This will be a promising warfront

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yoruba get Sense so there is no point of fighting over land or anything.
One Nigeria
Great Nation.
Keep your story to yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by abat4real37(f): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Because yoruba's are peaceful

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by DuchessLily(f): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Because they are scared of Baba and do not want to be called 'wailing wailers'

But its better they talk now ooo.... B4 it will be too late. Anyways I pray their case will NOT become like that of plateau and benue

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thank God am no longer a tribalist undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Modinat ilorin belongs to everybody. Yoruba, Fulani, hausa, tapa, baruba, barumansi, borokiri, to mention few.

alcmene:
Ilorin used to be under the Oyo Empire and was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja.

But Afonja rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani.

Afonja was assisted by Shehu Alimi, who was a Fulani leader.
In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi’s son became Emir and Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate

But it still baffles me that the yorubas seems unperturbed by the usurpation and look the other way when such issue is brought to the fore.
Could it be as a result of their proverbial hospitality??
Or could it be that they are so scared and hence have resigned to fate thus forfeiting their ancestral inheritance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
You cannot compare Plateau State with Ilorin.

DuchessLily:
Because they are scared of Baba and do not want to be called 'wailing wailers'

But its better they talk now ooo.... B4 it will be too late. Anyways I pray their case will NOT become like that of plateau and benue
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
And that is why we will remain the best tribe in Africa.

abat4real37:

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
COWARDICE thats all

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by NOBODYY: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bcuz We don't have hate in our blood like our brothers...u knw dem..i don't av to mention the tribes name

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
Yoruba get Sense so there is no point of fighting over land or anything.
One Nigeria
Great Nation.
Keep your story to yourself.

You are a funny slave.

There is no such thing as "One Nijeriya" so stop deluding yourself.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Simple reason?

Islam!!
Over the years the yorubas were then FORCED to embrace Islam.
With islam as a rallying point all issues concerning usurped powers were put on hold.

When Fulanis capture any city from the aborigines, they systematically adopt the local language of the people while fulfude- (fulani dialect) will only be a palace code!!
Very Criminally wise species!! After 2 generations the history of that city is altered forever!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
NOBODYY:
Bcuz We don't have hate in our blood like our brothers...u knw dem..i don't av to mention the tribe name

you are correct, that is why your basketmouth oba, an agbaya, wanted the honourable igbo leaders thrown into the lagoon, that is not hate abi? continu.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
NOBODYY:
Bcuz We don't have hate in our blood like our brothers...u knw dem..i don't av to mention the tribe name

I laff.

You can not lay claim to Ilorin because your lords and masters now control Ilorin.

You will claim to be peaceful but we know your passive demeanor is all due to your cowardice.

Slave

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
If you don't believe in One Nigeria, you can vacate to Congo DR.

WombRaiders:

You are a funny slave.

There is no such thing as "One Nijeriya" so stop deluding yourself.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
And that is why we will remain the best tribe in Africa.

or the best betrayals in the world

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
Betrayal as in ?

vanbonattel:

or the best betrayals in the world
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by NOBODYY: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

I laff.

You can not lay claim to Ilorin because your lords and masters now control Ilorin.

You will claim to be peaceful but we know your passive demeanor is all due to your cowardice.

Slave

God bless u man..thats all i'll say...A

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
abat4real37:

cowardice could be called any name, even peaceful

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
Betrayal as in ?

as in awolowo planning a coup from prison in concert with nzeogwu to kill Akintola, then betraying every other person when the shit hit the ceiling fan

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by NOBODYY: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
WombRaiders:

I laff.

Slave

God bless u man..thats all i'll say...
I didn't mention any tribe yet u felt touched and quoted me...that says a lot abt u IGBO's
We yoruba's are not gullible..and we're nt d%umb enough to be forced into a clueless war...C'mon we're too educated for dat sh**t
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
But your war lord threatened to pull down Nigeria if your brother loss the general election, what are you people still waiting for ?

vanbonattel:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
If you don't believe in One Nigeria, you can vacate to Congo DR.

I will vacate with my fatherland.

Fool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by LastSurvivor: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sometimes we use the word peace to cover our cowardice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
But your war lord threatened to pull down Nigeria if your brother loss the general election, what are you people still waiting for ?

waiting for the yoruba to lead the way for once, instead of hiding under the babariga of another fulani man, buhari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by madridguy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Haaaaaaa, so what do you call the one when the Hausa's killed their generals while some hinted their brothers about the on-going coup ?

vanbonattel:

as in awolowo planning a coup from prison in concert with nzeogwu to kill Akintola, then betraying every other person when the shit hit the ceiling fan
Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
NOBODYY:

God bless u man..thats all i'll say...
I didn't mention any tribe yet u felt touched and quoted me...that says a lot abt u IGBO's
We yoruba's are not gullible..and we're nt d%umb enough to be forced into a clueless war...C'mon we're too educated for dat sh**t

Fool I am not Igbo and it is about time you slaves in Odua begin to realize tht we in the ND have no love for you traitors.

Now go study your Koran

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
LastSurvivor:
I use to think kwara is part of SW states until I heard that Senate president is from north also..

kwara state is a northern state, since 1824

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by ibedun: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

I would rather be called a coward than start a war the Ojukwu way. We all know what happened to the 3 million lost souls and SE standing in Nigeria.

Yoruba people own and run Kwara. There is nothing to fight for unless for reckless bravado (the Ojucrook way).

I will begin to worry when a non-Yoruba becomes the governor, deputy governor, Emir, speaker etc etc in Kwara.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by ba7man(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
vanbonattel:
COWARDICE thats all
3 million dead....... Result of bravery.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? by vanbonattel: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
madridguy:
Haaaaaaa, so what do you call the one when the Hausa's killed their generals while some hinted their brothers about the on-going coup ?

you mean the weeping General, the one who cried and cried like a 4 year old girl, begging Al mustafa?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biography Of Late COS, Abba Kyari / Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG / Is Nairaland Biased?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.