Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,246 members, 7,853,238 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode (476 Views)

Cattle Rustlers Surrender Guns To Katsina Governor For Peace To Reign (Photos) / The Metal Coffins Acquired By Masari, Katsina Governor For N120m - Jamil Mabai / Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode by tomi12345: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
The gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said he will not discriminate against any tribe if he is voted into office.

According to Punch, Ambode said this less than a day after the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, reportedly threatened to place a curse on those who would not vote for Ambode on Saturday.

The gubernatorial candidate disclosed this while receiving 20 buses from a group, Nigeria Progressive Ambassadors (NPA), in Lagos, according to a statement on Monday.

He said, “Every group in Lagos is safe in my hands as governor. I will not discriminate against any religious or ethnic group. It is our Lagos and we must build it together.”

Ambode added, “In my acceptance speech after the primaries, I made this note that I will be a governor for all and Lagos is safe in my hands. I want to build on the foundation of unity, peace, progress and development laid by my predecessor.

“I am your best choice for a Lagos that must continue to thrive. And though tongue and tribe may differ we stand in brotherhood in Lagos from the smallest ethnic groups to the major ones. We are all stakeholders.”

Speaking on behalf of the group, it’s General Secretary, Miss Vuakpor Ojo, said the group, which is made of young persons, “strongly believes in the future of Lagos” and the country as a whole.

Ojo said, “We are a body of forward-thinking Nigerians, who are ready to partner with people, who have the ability to give an enabling future to this state and sustain its excellence.

“You are one of us, and this donation of 20 buses depicts our commitment to the cause to make a detribalised leader like you, who understands the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, govern the state starting from May 29″

Nasir El-Rufai, the former FCT Minister, who is also running for governor in Kaduna state under APC, took to social media to advice Lagosians ahead of the governorship election by stating 10 reasons why APC should remain in power.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/416186-i-will-be-a-governor-for-all-ambode.html
Re: I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode by ElekeNtioba: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nice one Akin. Still wont get my vote tho.
Re: I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode by Dyt(f): 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ehn ooo
Governor and gimme a job
U hear
Re: I Will Be A Governor For All - Ambode by bamidele029: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
We know and you will surely win. No amount of PDP propaganda can change God's will

(1) (Reply)

APC Legislators Direct CJ To Raise Fayose’s Impeachment Panel / Security Aiding PDP 2 Disrupt Elections / Senate President: The Contentions And Candidates-vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.