Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. (1037 Views)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth 21yrs After Marriage After Being Pregnant For 3yrs(Pix / What Should Be Done To Placenta After Delivery / Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by Liv4Christ: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please matured minds mothers and Doctors advice please thanks:
Is there any risks involve in being pregnant again just 3months after delivery and is it risky to continue breastfeeding your baby and for how long.
Re: Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by goodmorning40: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Men committing Atrocities since the beginning of days. My dear let me ask my doctor friend I will get back to u
Re: Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by Liv4Christ: 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
goodmorning40:
Men committing Atrocities since the beginning of days. My dear let me ask my doctor friend I will get back to u

how do u mean?
Re: Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
If you are breastfeeding, you have at least 6 months before you can become fertile again.

Breastfeeding causes release of prolactin; a hormone that functions as a natural contraception.

However, 6 months is the average. You can become fertile as early as 2 months.

So, I will be extremely cautious. Get on OCP or condom or abstain if you can.

If you are not breastfeeding, you have no choice; get on OCP or use condom or abstain

Liv4Christ:
Please matured minds mothers and Doctors advice please thanks:
Is there any risks involve in being pregnant again just 3months after delivery and is it risky to continue breastfeeding your baby and for how long.
Re: Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by Liv4Christ: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Xiadnat:
If you are breastfeeding, you have at least 6 months before you can become fertile again.

Breastfeeding causes release of prolactin; a hormone that functions as a natural contraception.

However, 6 months is the average. You can become fertile as early as 2 months.

So, I will be extremely cautious. Get on OCP or abstain if you can.

If you are not breastfeeding, you have no choice; get on OCP or abstain.

Thanks but what if the pregnancy had already occur, will breast feeding affect de baby and wat risks is the mother likely to face?

Re: Risk Of Being Pregnant Again 3months After Delivery. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=Liv4Christ post=32521713][/quote]

There is also condom. USE condom, be on the safe side.

Best.

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Foods To Burn Belly Fat / Photos: Woman Allegedly Runs Mad While Driving, Naij.com / Treat Chronic Mouth And Body Odour Here!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.