Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. (1011 Views)

Tonyebarcanista,Members Of ECOWAS Youth Council Meet Malaysian Ambassador To NGR / Patience Jonathan Arrives Abuja Aboard Emirates Airlines / Pictures : Former President Of Maldives Arrested on Terrorism charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by seunlayi(m): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Residents of Kuda Huvadhoo, in Dhaalu Atol have urged investigators searching for the doomed airplane to visit their remote homeland, which they say holds the key to modern aviation's most confounding mystery.

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise and witnessed a "low-flying jumbo jet" matching the description of the doomed Boeing 777 in the hours after flight MH370 mysteriously disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 last year.

Abdu Rasheed Ibrahim said he "strongly feels" those searching would find their answers.

He said: "This is the biggest plane I have ever seen from this island.

"I have seen pictures of the missing plane - I believe that I saw that plane. At the time it was lost, I strongly felt those people who were searching should come here.

The alleged sighting - around 2,000 miles away from Kuala Lumpur - came hours after Beijing-bound flight MH370 vanished on the same day with 239 people on board.

The villagers claims do not match calculations based on the satellite connections with the flight, which have put its likely crash zone along an arc around 180km southwest of Perth.

The search has been focused on a lengthy arc in the southern Indian Ocean, more than 5,000 km away, as a result of calculations over probable weather conditions, fuel exhaustion, distances, and time of impact.

But acoustics scientists say that a distinctive high energy noise they measured around the time of the so-called crash may have come from an aircraft hitting the ocean near the Maldives.

Zuhuriyaa Ali, who watched it from her house courtyard, says she is haunted by what she saw.

"It feels strange when thinking about the people on it. I consider it a lot. I am concerned there is a connection to the Malaysia plane."

Islanders have also described the airplane's distinctive red and blue stripes they believe they witnessed at around 6.30am (9.30am in Malaysia) on that fateful morning

Their claim has raised the prospect that the official search which has found no trace of the jet south-west of Perth, Australia, is more than 3,000 miles off target.

Families from Kudahuvadhoo, in the Dhaalu Atoll, say they saw a jet fl y so low on March 8 last year they could see its doors and red and blue markings similar to the missing Boeing 777.

The plane vanished while being fl own by Zaharie Ahmad Shah and Fariq Abdul Hamid from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to Beijing in China with 239 people on board.

Many of the 3,500-strong Indian Ocean community say they saw the plane.

They claim they gave police signed witness statements.

Abdu Rasheed Ibrahim told the Australian media he saw the plane flying towards him over the water but did not know its significance.

He said: “I didn’t know that a plane was missing.

"I went straight home and told my wife about it.

"I told my family, ‘I saw this strange plane.’

“This is the biggest plane I have ever seen from this island.

I strongly felt those people who were searching should come here

Abdu Rasheed Ibrahim, witness

"I have seen pictures of the missing plane.

"I believe I saw the plane.

"I strongly felt those people who were searching should come here.”

Another eyewitness said: “I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before.

“We’ve seen seaplanes but I’m sure that this was not one of those.

"I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

"It’s not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing.

“Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.”

Scientists from Curtin University in Australia say they cannot rule out a theory that a “clear acoustic signal” recorded in the area at the assumed time of MH370’s crash could have come from the jet.

The noise’s source was close to Kudahuvadhoo and came at the time the jet was calculated to have run out of fuel.

Dr Alec Duncan said the data “was reasonably consistent with other information relating to the disappearance of MH370”.

He added a large aircraft hitting the sea “would be a high energy event and expected to generate intense underwater sounds” although the noise could be a geological event, including a small earth tremor.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/568284/MH370-Malaysia-airlines-missing-Maldives-Kuda-Huvadhoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by richol(m): 11:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
THIS LIFE,GOD HELP US
Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by madridguy(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Noted
Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by nairalife2013(m): 12:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Why cant they just go there and search for God'sake! Why cant there be cctv inside and around all aircrafts in this modern time? If little companies and individuals can afford hitech cameras to monitor their offices and homes why cant these airmachine manufacturers improvise somtin even more advanced to nib this sh1t in the bud till now! I thot they say turaya phones use satellite, why cant they do something abt it to wirelessly keep all aircraft on monitor nonstop around the globe. There could be waterprove phones that cannot interfere with radar or flight signals, produced specifically for emergency use during flight incase of any emergency both inside water for txt msgs and outside for dual purposes. There are myriad of remedies if well thot out, haba!!! Air journey is a journey that should not be toyed with considering its speed and height which on impact creats massive casualty!!! The world has gone too far to alow this kind of error and omission to continue making minced meat of its precious citizens!!!!
Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by GboyegaD(m): 12:29am On Apr 07, 2015
It is time they channel their search in this direction at least for the sake of those whose family members were aboard the plane.
Re: Missing Malaysian Airlines Lies Undiscovered In The Maldives. by solar007: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
From another news I heard, it maybe 80% certain that the plane is around there

(1) (Reply)

Singer Alleges Discrepancies In Abia Governorship Elections / Photos Of Thugs Who Tried To Snatch Ballot Boxes At Amuwo Odofin Arrested / Did Jonathan Lose The 2015 Presidential Election On August 13, 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.