Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting (1187 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" / Oba Rilwan Akiolu 's Profile Updated On Wikipedia / Oba Rilwan's Statement, The Pdp And Hate/propaganda Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Ebenezerk2: 4:42am On Apr 07, 2015
I am a Yoruba guy, I am also a RCCG member along side with Mr Ambode, but only a bastard Igbo people will vote for Ambode because of oba Rilwan statement, and let us see what will happen to Igbo people after the election, in fact, is it even good for Obas to belong to a political party? I thought Obas are the fathers of all, Very shameful to Yoruba kingdom
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Rose2014: 4:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
I am a Yoruba guy, I am also a RCCG member along side with Mr Ambode, but only a bastard Igbo people will vote for Ambode because of oba Rilwan statement, and let us see what will happen to Igbo people after the election, in fact, is it even good for Obas to belong to a political party? I thought Obas are the fathers of all, Very shameful to Yoruba kingdom
Shameful is an under statement

I kept arguing today that it's just a propaganda till I saw the video. I honestly wouldn't have believed if not for the video.
I thank God for technology cos he would've denied it by now but this is a difficult one to deny

The man has goofed big time. Imagine a whole Oba reduced to a mere thug. That's why we have to be careful with the people that ascend certain sacred thrones.

Ambode may still win but if Igbos vote for Agbaje and don't drown in the Lagoon, What will now become the Oba's new name?
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Ebenezerk2: 4:55am On Apr 07, 2015
He must have got to the throne through dubious ways as I think, he does not worth to be an Oba of Lagos
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by babadee1(m): 4:59am On Apr 07, 2015
I'm also a Yoruba and I was disgusted by Oba Akiolu's statement. But the truth is that these traditional rulers are for the most part completely irrelevant politically. For the most part, even a LG chairman has more political power than most of these Obas. There is no need to attach any more relevance to the Oba's statement than it deserves. He does not speak for Lagos state and he most definitely does not speak for Yorubas at large.
The Oba is simply speaking for himself and for his own personal interests, nothing more. He is entitled to hold his own personal opinion no matter how foolish and he has no power to do anything to anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by praxisnetworks: 5:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Oga park well...RCCG member n so? Yoruba ehen? You're still a kid in politics...while I may not be in sync with Oba Akiolu...am in favor of the Yoruba advancement agenda hence I believe its an offence for the igbo's to produce a rep in Lagos while no Yoruba man can even trade succesfully in their markets! Tribalism is part of politics either accept it or remain silent forever! If they like vote...if they like let them not vote...but one thing am sure of...the Oshogbo treatment awaits them all over Yorubaland... cool

and for you hypocrite....the Bible teaches you to be judgemental or criticise those in authority from that your measly abode?

Ebenezerk2:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Ebenezerk2: 5:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Who is judging who? How many Yorubas are in any state in Igbo land compared to Igbo in Lagos state, learn to give your opinions without any offense pls
praxisnetworks:
Oga park well...RCCG member n so? Yoruba ehen? You're still a kid in politics...while I may not be in sync with Oba Akiolu...am in favor of the Yoruba advancement agenda hence I believe its an offence for the igbo's to produce a rep in Lagos while no Yoruba man can even trade succesfully in their markets! Tribalism is part of politics either accept it or remain silent forever! If they like vote...if they like let them not vote...but one thing am sure of...the Oshogbo treatment awaits them all over Yorubaland... cool

and for you hypocrite....the Bible teaches you to be judgemental or criticise those in authority from that your measly abode?

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by francoima: 5:41am On Apr 07, 2015
APC didn't send him to start saying all these, lets 4get about wat d oba said n vote wisely. Apc remains a good party in Nigeria, a lot of pple benefied in lagos during fashola's reign as governor of lagos state including d igbos. Ambode is a man wit gud heart n am sure e is willing to work as d governor of lagos state. eko o ni baje
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by praxisnetworks: 5:41am On Apr 07, 2015
like I said you're an hypocrite and a kid!

Ebenezerk2:
Who is judging who? How many Yorubas are in any state in Igbo land compared to Igbo in Lagos state, learn to give your opinions without any offense pls

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by lovat(m): 5:44am On Apr 07, 2015
praxisnetworks:

you have been making fool of yourself because nobody can see you, how low can you go with your bigotry. Make out time to watch *sometimes in April* then come back and tell me how you felt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Ebenezerk2: 5:46am On Apr 07, 2015
You are an adult, we can see it in your statement quote author=praxisnetworks post=32432361]like I said you're an hypocrite and a kid!

[/quote]
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by praxisnetworks: 5:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Cockroach issue?...hope I answered you well

lovat:
you have been making fool of yourself because nobody can see you, how low can you go with your bigotry. Make out time to watch *sometimes in April* then come back and tell me how you felt

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by praxisnetworks: 5:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
You are an adult, we can see it in your statement quote author=praxisnetworks post=32432361]like I said you're an hypocrite and a kid!

Go n sleep.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by Ebenezerk2: 5:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Come and force me to sleep now
praxisnetworks:

Go n sleep.
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by lovat(m): 6:18am On Apr 07, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Cockroach be careful...hope I answered you well

We'll gonna wipe out ye cockroaches for polluting the enviroment!

you hide behind your phone to type trash, God help you because you don't know what you are doing and you don't know how low you are going daily.

Cc lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun
Obinscopy
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by dridowu: 6:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu miss yarn , honestly he just talked rubbish but anyway i still stand gidigba for Ambode as the next governor of Lagos state
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by hedonistic: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2015
praxisnetworks:

Look at this fool. Do you think the Igbo man has got the time to stop you from trading in his market? The real question you should ask is: Do you have what it takes to successfully COMPETE against the Igbo man in a neutral zone, let alone in his backyard? Yoruba lack the entrepreneurial acumen of the Igbos. They also lack the courage, adventurousness, risk taking tendency, and venturesomeness of the Igbos. That explains everything.

Most of you fools who have never travelled outside Lagos think that Igbos' only have a presence here. Go to Abuja, you would discover that Lagos is even nothing. The Igbos have colonised the Abuja property market and the Abuja business landscape. It's called a free market economy, if you know what that means. Meanwhile, the only Yoruba you would find in Abuja are hungry taxi drivers and electricians. They don't have the heart or the acumen to leave their tribal hole in the South West and go elsewhere to prove themselves. Local champions.

Nobody is stopping you from going to the south East to do business or contest positions. You have to have a presence somewhere, make yourself successful and relevant there, before you can successfully seek political or economic actualisation there. Igbos in Lagos, Abuja and virtually every major city in Nigeria have had the courage and acumen to settle in and prove themselves. That's why you would see an Igbo House of Rep member in Lagos. Nobody 'dashed' them anything. They worked hard and spent hard for it. Don't expect anybody to dash you lazy Yoruba people anything. It's a free market economy, remember! Only the strongest survive! There is no "fairness" in this matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by praxisnetworks: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2015
it takes cowardice to become a ritualist!

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by emekanwokoye225: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
I know what the OBA said was entirely WRONG & there is no doubt about that,, but lets still try and look into this properly...

we need change in this state xo I say we just ignore what the OBA said an give AMBODE a chance to do so,,,APC!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by adconline(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
praxisnetworks:
like I said you're an hypocrite and a kid!

You are a hypocrite.. "h" is not silent.. Dont write English with your Yoruba tongue.
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by onyebuchiokafor: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Weall know what he said was wrong but lets not use this incident to judge AMBODE... the oba is doing this for himself without AMBODE CONSENT...

xo VOTE right,,,AMBODE for LAGOS...

APC,,,[CHANGE]
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by RareDiamond: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
YOU REGISTERED ON NAIRALAND JUST YESTERDAY JUST TO TYPE THIS RUBBISH ? !!! YOU CAN ONLY DECEIVE YOURSELF. RUBBISH !!!!

emekanwokoye225:
I know what the OBA said was entirely WRONG & there is no doubt about that,, but lets still try and look into this properly...

we need change in this state xo I say we just ignore what the OBA said an give AMBODE a chance to do so,,,APC!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!
Re: Oba Rilwan Statement Is Disgusting by RareDiamond: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
YOU TOO ? !!! I CAN SMELL DESPERATION. YOU REGISTERED ON NAIRALAND JUST YESTERDAY JUST TO TYPE THIS RUBBISH ? !!! YOU CAN ONLY DECEIVE YOURSELF.

onyebuchiokafor:
Weall know what he said was wrong but lets not use this incident to judge AMBODE... the oba is doing this for himself without AMBODE CONSENT...

xo VOTE right,,,AMBODE for LAGOS...

APC,,,[CHANGE]

(1) (Reply)

Should Buhari Make Thieves Like Fani-kayode,fayose,okupe Face Firing Squad / Insider Account: How PDP Outmanoeuvred APC To Secure Deputy Senate President.... / Did Tinubu Read This Before Mortgaging The Political Destiny Of His People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.