Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos (1818 Views)

Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2015
I have always said it, in the deepest part of religion lies hatred! This same Oba was swearing in the name of Allah about the impending genocide that is awaiting Igbos in Lagos.

His religion has already thought him how to hate other religions, he is just extended that hate to another tribe

It is even more shocking that new polls suggest Nigeria is amongst the most religious country,yet a king and a sizable amount of his subjects are endorsing genocide against a tribe.

Is it not interesting that accommodating countries like UK, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland have atheists in majority?

For the idiots saying Igbos should go back to their land, do you know that Britain that you hypocrites say hate foreigners allows international students to vote? What is this foolish talk about another man's land? Moronic idiots.

Hold your hate,hold your religion, I will love my fellow human being irrespective of race,colour,gender,tribe or religion.

Let us do away with hate and division!

6 Likes

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Jetjacky(m): 6:37am On Apr 07, 2015
exactly my argument, hate is too much

1 Like

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by ELTON123(m): 6:47am On Apr 07, 2015
No mind dat stupid Oba hes trying to get attention on social media .....ode undecided
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Mynd44: 6:59am On Apr 07, 2015
So it is not about his silly comment anymore, you had to make this about religion
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by frank317: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2015
We have ethnicity to deal with in this country, religion is at the back door adding much more fuel to the fire.

I just pity religious people, what a way to waste ones life.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Remember Oyedepo and Oritsejafor.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:
So it is not about his silly comment anymore, you had to make this about religion

If you listened to the audio or watched the video, then you should have noticed how many times he swore in Allah's name.

It is also a fact that atheists are more tolerant to other people's lifestyle and choices. Most atheists can coexist with people with different sexual orientations,country, gender, age and religion.

Religion breeds hate

1 Like

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Remember Oyedepo and Oritsejafor.

Of course I remember them
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Mynd44: 7:25am On Apr 07, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

If you listened to the audio or watched the video, then you should have noticed how many times he swore in Allah's name.

It is also a fact that atheists are more tolerant to other people's lifestyle and choices. Most atheists can coexist with people with different sexual orientations,country, gender, age and religion.

Religion breeds hate

One man made a silly comment not his religion. Learn to isolate and deal with issues abeg
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Religion breeds hate

This statement is false. Ignorance not religion breeds hate. Conversely, would it be right to say irreligion breeds love? You and I both know that can't be right.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
We can't do away with love or hate. To appreciate either one would require the other.

1 Like

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

This statement is false. Ignorance not religion breeds hate. Conversely, would it be right to say irreligion breeds love? You and I both know that can't be right.

Technically, the statement is false I agree.
However will it suffice to say that evidence suggests religion thrives most In the midst of ignorant people.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Technically, the statement is false I agree.
However will it suffice to say that evidence suggests religion thrives most In the midst of ignorant people.

Which came first? Ignorance or religion?
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:57am On Apr 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Which came first? Ignorance or religion?

Ignorance of course. Lol

1 Like

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by plaetton: 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
I have always said it, in the deepest part of religion lies hatred! This same Oba was swearing in the name of Allah about the impending genocide that is awaiting Igbos in Lagos.

His religion has already thought him how to hate other religions, he is just extended that hate to another tribe

It is even more shocking that new polls suggest Nigeria is amongst the most religious country,yet a king and a sizable amount of his subjects are endorsing genocide against a tribe.

Is it not interesting that accommodating countries like UK, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland have atheists in majority?

For the idiots saying Igbos should go back to their land, do you know that Britain that you hypocrites say hate foreigners allows international students to vote? What is this foolish talk about another man's land? Moronic idiots.

Hold your hate,hold your religion, I will love my fellow human being irrespective of race,colour,gender,tribe or religion.

Let us do away with hate and division!

The truth is that hate s usually grounded on fear, insecurity and low self-esteem.

A person who is secure and self - assured need not hate Anyone on the basis religion, tribe or social status.
Religious extremism, for example, arises from deep feelings of insecurity and emptiness for the very beliefs upon which the individual builds his/her worldview. When the worldview is threatened via cognitive dissonance, the person lashes out another different from him/her as scapegoats.

As for the Oba and others like him, I remind and quote to them that
" There is no nobility in thinking that you are better than another human being. True nobility lies in being better than you were yesterday ".

1 Like

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
plaetton:

The truth is that hate s usually grounded on fear, insecurity and low self-esteem.

A person who is secure and self - assured need not hate Anyone on the basis religion, tribe or social status.
Religious extremism, for example, arises from deep feelings of insecurity and emptiness for the very beliefs upon which the individual builds his/her worldview. When the worldview is threatened via cognitive dissonance, the person lashes out another different from him/her as scapegoats.

As for the Oba and others like him, I remind and quote to them that
" There is no nobility in thinking that you are better than another human being. True nobility lies in being better than you were yesterday ".

Well said Brother Plaetton maybe the flying spaghetti monster continue to bless you

2 Likes

Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by rinrin23(f): 11:57am On Apr 08, 2015
Whats even worse is the Oba- the traditional ruler of a Nigerian land, swearing in the name of an Arab God.
Re: Religion And Ethnicity: Oba Of Lagos by vedaxcool(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hatetheist I dey greet unah oh

The Chapel Hill shooting: White male atheist murders three Muslim students

Three Muslim students have been shot dead in what appears to be a racially motivated attack by a self-described “anti-theist”.

Hate is not the exclusive preserve of theist, there are many more exmaple, as mynd said learn to deal with issues squarely before jumping into conclusion

(1) (Reply)

T.B Joshua : Photos Of T.B Joshua At Young Age / Sleep Paralysis, Night Terrors, Night Visitors, Nightmares And Sex In Dreams / Is Speaking In Tongues A Gift Or A Talent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.