Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances (30277 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Fines Fayemi N1m For Shunning Summons / Nine Ekiti Assembly Members For Trial Over Certificate Forgery / APC Moves To Block Ekiti From Benefiting From FG Bailout To Pay Workers Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Fayose had better be scouting for good lawyers,instead of using Ekiti thugs.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by kraftykc(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Fayose will go down in history of Nigeria as the only governor that governed a state twice without being paid severence benefits and pension.

Daaayuuumm bro, you went really below the belt there
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by IBROHIM: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2015
ddefoe:
they didn't impeach him before now but realising that APC has won the presidential election,they suddenly reconvened to impeach him.my question is, is this the foretaste of what is to come under the APC administration? Is this what the change is all about? Making enemies of opposition? I thot they accuse PDP of brigandage? They now want to do the same thing they accuse PDP of doing? It seems those who campaigned for GEJ are been hunted just becos they stood up for their democratic right? I thot there is freedom of expression,right to vote and be voted for including campaigning for ur prefered candidate.even GMB himself will not be party to this impunity by this people.it beholves on all Nigerians to make this country work.its high time we respect individual choices.this is not why we voted APC, we want to see democracy deepen,we want to see job creation,education,healthcare,good roads,food security etc.pls give us the CHANGE we all crave for and stop all these witch hunting that will do us no good
my man the question you should ask is why did Jonathan allow him to rule with impunity? Didn't Jonathan know that 7 is less than 19? Has Jonathan investigated the Ekitigate issue! Is that not the impunity we are talking about? How does addressing these issues become impunity? Do you have sense/shame? When you open ur mouth?

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by chibas: 10:09am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:

He was rigged into office and there is no way he can escape this impeachment
that is not true,hope u see the presidential result from ekiti state which they(pdp) won all the local government again,this shows the strength of pdp in ekiti state.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by stankezzy: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt]Fayose should just resign honourably cos there's no way he can escape punishment for his waywardness when Buhari is sworn in. [/size]
are you a f.ool , how many people did jonathan punish for calling him Names?
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
chukwudi44:
as long as GEJ remains in powerfayose will never be impeached.APC better win 2/3 seats on Saturday or forget about impeaching fayose
...we don't tolerate aliens to comment on our local affairs. Aliens don't know GEJ lost re-election. So election has consequences..

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
stankezzy:
are you a f.ool , how many people did jonathan punish for calling him Names?

No na your parents be foool . oloriibuu

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by richidinho(m): 10:14am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:

He was rigged into office?

No wonder PDP won all National Assembly elections in Ekiti

No wonder Ekiti was the only state won by PDP in the south west
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by wealth123: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
This is funny...

its so funny that your role model shall soon be impeached. APC broom will sweep all evil people who boast that 7 is greater than 19 away from ekiti.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by oweman: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2015
Segadem:
if he is impeached today, who will be the governor?

Are this Ekiti people actually educated ?
Somekow ekiti people betray the rhinking they are educated .
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Ruqui(f): 10:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Fayose and impeachment are like siamese twins...#EkitiPeopleIHailoooooo
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Iamvictor(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2015
These APC Lawmakers are just increasing their problems, most of them are contesting for second term in office, with this latest development no Ekiti people will vote for them because of the people love for the Governor.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by babestella: 10:22am On Apr 07, 2015
drtwist:
APC is kinda funny. Ok if u impeached Fayose is it not a PDP member that will still b the governor( his deputy). Expect most of this lawmaker to lose their seat on friday putting an end to this impeachment story.

Don't mind them, they will all lose their seat this Saturday. Ekiti is cut out for Fayose and PDP, APC should grow up and stop this irrelevant tantrum. BTW, someone said why did 7 people impeach a speaker. You have a scenario where 19 law makers deliberately abandoned legislative function and were lodged in a LAGOS hotel for several months abandoning their job and the people they are supposedly elected to represent. They can't hold Ekiti to ransom the rest had to move a motion to impeach the speaker who was also on AWOL with the rest of his colleagues on the orders of Tinubu. So looking at this from that perspective, 7 people impeaching the speaker is not really out of place because they had to elect a new speak to move the state forward.

So basically, APC acted childishly with their kind of political tantrum and I think they should cut Fayose some slack and allow peace to reign.

Finally, they will not succeed in impeaching the governor, the state house might remain under lock and key even if it has to take 6 weeks for them to leave. It's all about politics.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by abiodun175(m): 10:22am On Apr 07, 2015
When a person is destined to receive hot slap in Kano, even if the person didn't have money, he will borrow just to pave way for his own waterloo.

I think his case has reach a crescendo and the needful will b trigger soon.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by chibas: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2015
kraftykc:

Haha, niggah! Where you been at when the rigging tape got outted?
rigging tape they can't use to their own advantage at the tribunal,if the tape is real they should have used it at the tribunal.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt]Fayose should just resign honourably cos there's no way he can escape punishment for his waywardness when Buhari is sworn in. [/size]
why is that thing flat dear
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Youngtekkey(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2015
Fayose a worthless man
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2015
drtwist:
APC is kinda funny. Ok if u impeached Fayose is it not a PDP member that will still b the governor( his deputy). Expect most of this lawmaker to lose their seat on friday putting an end to this impeachment story.

At least, Fayose must learn. He talked too much and acted so illy against Buhari.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by afuye(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2015
YOU ENTIRE WRITE-UP IS A COMPLETE MESS UP F WHAT YOU ARE. IF YOU COMPLETELY LACK THE LOGIC OF DYMISTFYING A STRAIGHTFORWARD NBPOINT RAISED AGAINST FAYOSE [Quote author=ddefoe post=32437590][s]they didn't impeach him before now but realising that APC has won the presidential election,they suddenly reconvened to impeach him.my question is, is this the foretaste of what is to come under the APC administration? Is this what the change is all about? Making enemies of opposition? I thot they accuse PDP of brigandage? They now want to do the same thing they accuse PDP of doing? It seems those who campaigned for GEJ are been hunted just becos they stood up for their democratic right? I thot there is freedom of expression,right to vote and be voted for including campaigning for ur prefered candidate.even GMB himself will not be party to this impunity by this people.it beholves on all Nigerians to make this country work.its high time we respect individual choices.this is not why we voted APC, we want to see democracy deepen,we want to see job creation,education,healthcare,good roads,food security etc.pls give us the CHANGE we all crave fokjr and stop all these witch hunting that will do us no good[/s][quote]
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by buragidi(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2015
double0seven:

My Friend, get education. Fayose was never impeached in 2006. Court has already upheld that.

The fact of the matter:
After the then Speaker of the House Rt. (Hon) Friday Aderemi, now late was promised the post of acting governor upon Fayose's impeachment, a notice of impeachment was served on Governor Fayose and copied to the Chief Judge of the state, the judiciary constituted a panel of enquiry as required by law.

The panel investigated allegations against him and discharged him of all allegations (That automatically quashed the impeachment process legally)

Dissatisfied by the report of the judicial panel, the HOA took law into their hand by removing the chief judge and appointing the one that is loyal to them. This is gross illegality. HOA has no power to remove and appoint judges.

The newly appointed judge constituted a panel which now indicted Fayose and on that ground, the HOA claimed he had been effectively impeached.

Fayose said he remained a governor because the process of impeachment was illegal. But by then, he had fallen out of favour with Obasanjo, so the FG illegally stripped him off his security aides and the assembly guys were threatening why FG was fighting him.

When he discovered he could loose his life, he jumped over Government house fence at night and ran away to safe his life.

Immediately he was found to have disappeared, the Speaker declared himself as the governor and the deputy governor claimed in the absence of the Governor, she remained the governor. It was a turbulent time in Ekiti.

Obasanjo then declared a State of emmergency in Ekiti and made hi brother, Tunji Olurin the Administrator, sacking all democratic structures

It was later revealed that the reason Obj chose Olurin was because he had an ambition of contesting against Iyabo Obasanjo in senatorial primary of PDP and he was mustering weight. So Ekiti was an opportunity to take him out picture

Fayose had since challenged his impeachment in court and it has been upheld that he was never impeached in the first instance since the panel that indicted him was constituted by a judge who was illagally appointed, so since you cannot build illegality on legality, all his action were null and void. In law, it is described as Ex Nihilo, nihili fit.
If the 19 lawmakers don't get him, the court will definitely remove him. it is definite because it is a straightforward case. The law stipulates that I'd impeached, you cannot come back and contest until after a period of 10 years passes. it's so simple.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by oodubanjo: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2015
EKITI PEOPLE SHOULD COME TO THE RESCUE OF DEMOCRATIC PROCESS IN EKITI, BOTH THE EXECUTIVE AND THE LEGISLAIVE ARMS OF THE GOVT. SHOULD BE ADVISED AND RECONCILED. GOVERNOR CAN NOT CONTINUE TO TRUNCATE THE PROCESS. 7 CANNOT BE MORE THAN 19.
CONTINUED GOVERNORS ACT WILL AMMOUNT TO CONSTITUTIONAL BREACH. EKITI ELDERS SHOULD WADE IN. OTHERWISE NOTHING WILL STOP THE IMPEACHMENT PROCESS. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE STATE.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Helpfromabove(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
achemedez:

[size=30pt]
SECONDED [/size]
me too
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by johnpalmer774(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Dav24:
What is happening in Ekiti is pure madness, the Ekiti lawmakers should put their personal ego aside and stop distracting the Governor; Nigerians regards Ekiti people as the most educated in this country,therefore, we expects them to translate that into infrastructural gain, anything below that tag is unacceptable. moreover, the speaker who is challenging his own impeachment in court can only act as a member of the house and not as a speaker.

Are u kidding me ??Distracting who ? Fayose ?? this must be the jokes of the Century so in your own assessment the Governor is working and does not need to be distracted , If i may ask where were u when Fayose led Thugs to a Law Court and beat up the Judges , where were u when same Fayose use Security to prevent the 19 APC Lawmakers to gain entrance into Ekiti assembly to perform their duty ??Where were also u when he used 7 Lawmakers to Impeached 19 Lawmakers. Fayose has committed against the Humanity and Laws of the Land and he must duly pay for it....His days are numbered as Ekiti Governor Mark my words.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by muscoliscious(f): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:

who havent been rigged in except d ppl u like?
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Globawatch: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2015
“If you will remove me, you will have to remove God first who put me there. You can’t unseat God; nobody can unseat me. No matter their number, they can’t remove me.’’

That statment is At bottom of ur downfall and. It w chase u all around. ur case is simillar to nebucadnecary counte down in 7days, 7week, 7month u w Know diffrent between u and GOD qoute me.other wise u repent whole heartedly he w mecy u.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by eagleonearth(m): 11:14am On Apr 07, 2015
I thought you a fearless man Fayose. Why u dey fall hand now come dey para like dis?
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by olaniyanc: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2015
otokx:
Enough Drama

FAYOSE YOU ARE JUST BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH, NIGERIA AND EKITI PEOPLE ARE BIGGER THANK YOU. NO MATTER WHAT TRICKS YOU EMPLOY, YOU CANNOT EVADE JUSTICE BECAUSE YOU ARE A CRIMINAL. YOU BETTER SURRENDER PEACEFULLY BEFORE YOU ARE BEING DISGRACE D LIKE GBAGBO. HOWEVER THE CIVIL SOCIETY RECOMMENDS 55O YEARS IN PRISONMENT FOR YOU LIKE GBAGBO YOUR BROTHER. MILITARY USER TO SUBVERT DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by ExcessKJ(m): 11:26am On Apr 07, 2015
drtwist:
. Wait bro, Omirin said they want to impeach him and his Deputy for Christ sake. So, that he(Omirin) would be sworn in as Acting Governor. After, he was impeach by the so-called mighty seven members, he went to court challenging his removal and the case is still pending in court till this morning but all of a sudden because APC won the Presidential election he came back from Lagos and started plotting impeachment moves, am not a PDP member but the truth is simply that where are these 19 lawmakers in the last few weeks. If Buhari emergence as started becoming threat to "any duly elected" Governor then there's nothing like democracy in this country. I remember back then when Aregbesola was court-declared the governor of Osun, all house members were PDP loyalist and he wasn't impeach likewise Fayemi and now Mimiko. Please, let's get this straight am sensing selfish interest in among APC members in Ekiti State. Even, before Fayose was sworn in as governor, there has been plot by Omirin especially to truncate that mandate. There is nothing Fayose did they(APC) will ever approve. Infact, his political nominees was rejected. Okay, people said he(Fayose) was rigged in because of the Ekiti-gate scandal but can anyone here told me in any way that plan was implemented, i was in Ekiti on 21st June, that election was free and fair, nothing like rigging or violence anyway. FAYOSE, might have intention of rigging but he was even dazed with the way Ekiti masses voted for him. Finally, my take is simply that. LET'S LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE. (pls am subject to objection.) Thanks

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by johnpalmer774(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2015
donem:
Those lawmakers are wasting their time chasing shadows, rather than them trying to secure their place in the house come saturday, Fayose have said it all before they impeach him, they must first impeach God.

You must be Dummy to support such statements , How can a normal human being used such statements that u must impeach God before impeaching him, he claimed it was God and Ekiti people that Gave him the Mandate , Does the same Ekiti people and God also sent him to go and Beat up some Judges and also Prevented the 19 APC Lawmakers from doing their Duty.
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by olaniyanc: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2015
Helpfromabove:
me too

TRANSPARENCY, HONESTY, FAIRPLAY AND THE RULE OF LAW IS GOOD FOR EKITI STATE. FAYOSE, IMPUNITY, MURDER AND RIGGING IS NOT GOOD FOR EKITI STATE.THEREFORE FAYOSE MUST GO TO PRISON. PERIOD!!!!@@@
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Akolawole(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2015
drtwist:

It does NOT matter if its another PDP member as long as that Thug is ousted
Re: Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances by Feemmy(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Haven't you heard of impeaching both the Governor and his deputy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons / Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Picks APC Form / How PDP Governors, Chieftains Endorsed Obaseki, Shaibu Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.