Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27352 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Kassidy90(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

Why don't you both get out of here if you are unable to make intelligent articulation. Is it by force to post? Or you think this is a paid per post site?
This kid knows nothing....

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Only if those calling Lagos no man's land can say that in calabar. Them go chop them alive. If them born any nyamiri well, make him go stand for Lokoja the shout no man's land cool

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:
[s][/s]

Absolute Crap! Why is it wherever you Igbos people go all of a sudden the indigenous people are lazy? When did the SA government start doing things for people there?

You go to the US and call AA lazy, you go to China and call Chinese lazy, you go to Lagos and call Yorubas lazy. While you work hard on criminal activities and nothing else. I personally have never met a professional igbo person in SA. But i won't derail this thread with this
nonsense.

By the way you always have a disgusting line to insult your hosts, in Lagos "its no mans land", in the UK "its our wealth stolen by the British", in South Africa " IT'S PAYBACK TIME" You people are true parasites with big mouth nonsense!

**Modified** I truly respect Yorubas, South Africans do no do talk talk they only know how to knife a big mouth to oblivion and now. They are warriors, you spew all this thrash by morning you are calling for the UN and shouting Xenophobia holding up placards!

But I encourage you, go ahead taunting the Yorubas, the people who only do things when necessary, instead of avoiding necessary no to occur you are here insulting other people from other countries. Mmm, SA Xenophobia will be a child's play to what fedup Yorubas will do to you.

Stupidity kills!

The more you speak, the more it's obvious you are a yoruba hiding behind another group to spew your hatred. Lady we are used to your cowardly ppl act. The minute you started knowing "Nigeria tribes" and very invested in Nigeria gave you away as one from the clan of cowards. This your post actually proves some more cause only the waste excuse of a human space tribe drag others during their dance of shame.

First the only African group known to call AA lazy are yoruba. The reason why Nigerians are hated among AA community are fucking yoruba hence the tribe they always drag during their belittle of Nigeria are predominately Yoruba. If you doubt me, head to any AA forums and read their own comments. Next time you want to run your mouth and lie like the little yoruba cowards you all are, then be sure not to try and twist a story infront of someone that reside among the AA community.

Yes your people are lazy. The only tribe in Nigeria, excluding northerners, still till date depends HIGHLY on government and foreigners to feed them are Yoruba. The only tribe that goes to another person's region and demand free lands, foods, etc are Yoruba. Even the freaking northern don't do that. The only tribe whose leaders actually bribe through food just for vote are Yorubas. You can't deny wtf you people are. YOU HAVE AND WILL ALWAYS BEEN A LAZY COWARDS. Everybody knows that and it's not a secret in Nigeria.

Try your fucking worse. All you people know how to do is loudmouth and take credit of others winning of a fight. Every fighy you people have been in, You've been whupped. Even damnoey women,emphasis on WOMEN, defeated una strongest warriors. The north kills you people in your lands and in their lands and what do you Yorubas do? Deny it as much as una can. The only fight you people ever won at is actually a wrestling match among eachother h ence you lazy clowns try desperately and pathetically trying g to take credit for "winning" the Biafra war. Despite it was MB and northerners soldiers that did most of the fighting and the West countries supplied most of the weapons. All you lazy fools did was sit una fat @ss suggesting starvation and waiting to take credit as usual.
Like we said, try your f2king worse!!! Let's not forget outside of BH and militants, the last group that pushed nigerian police force were Bakassi Boys. Better go and recheck which tribe predominately made up of Bakassi boys. Ewu!!!! Yoruba baboon monkey

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by twosquare(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
PAINGAIN:
the thing is u can't lay claim to a city(former capital of a nation) bcus its situated in ur region. Yorubas now feel threatened bcus d igbos now seem interested in lagos politics unlike before and that oba knows that its just a matter of when before the igbos take over lagos politics too. No one owns abuja, abuja is for all nigerians, lagos is for all nigerians, kano is for the hausas, ibadan is for the yorubas,enugu is for the igbos but if tomorrow now they make a city in the east capital of nigeria then it automatically belongs to all nigerians. They call igbos fools, they say our IQ is very low, they say we love violence but they didn't c this coming, who's threatening violence now? Igbos wan save lagos from d hausas bcus d way yorubas dey lick hausa people nyash dem fit carry lagos give hausas one day.
tell that to the Gwariis...when the worst come, every person knows how to answer im papa name...
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by frisby: 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
WEWANTPEACE!

No one is superior or inferior to the other. We're humans, all of us.

Pls let us be smarter than our old men.
Stop promoting hate.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by jumobi1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lagos can't be "no man's land". It's the "Lagosian's Land".
I have a feeling a lot of people making noise here and disguising as Lagosian's aren't even Native Lagosians but Yorubas from neighboring states. Most of the Yorubas in Lagos are not natives. They moved there for the same reason every type of Nigerian moved to Lagos.
With that said, we must respect Native Lagosians by refraining from downplaying the history of Lagos. I understand Lagos is advantaged by the fact that it was the former FCT and developed with National $$ but that was through no fault of "True Lagosians". They didn't force fed govt to make it the capital.
Nigerians need to understand every part of Nigeria is for any and every Nigerian as long as the forced marriage known as NIGERIA exists. No be Niger Delta dey feed us?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

Well your point just proves Yorubas are not cowards as your kinsmen say. They just feel sorry for Igbos especially after the civil war. Very considerate people if you ask me.

No it vindicates what all have said before. ALL of una are cowards. The northerners reside in every region in Nigeria and they don't try that sh1t in daylight in other regions. Majority of the clashes that went between north and indigenous in SS, SE and even MB are usually conducted in the middle of the night when ppl are sleeping. The north attacks at night and then run off before the community wakes up and fight them back. Excluding their region, north, Only in SW do we witness them do it in broad daylight and in each swamble they end up beating una silly. There was even an article they physically attacked yorubas in lagos over an Ashawo.

You people have and always been coward. We all know it, idk why you people want to front una aren't.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Ojiofor: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
For courtesy sake some people should stop calling lagos a no man's land nor matter what.then again,peace is bettet than war but if anyone expects Ndigbo not to pursue their political,cultural and economic rights in lagos as guaranteed by Nigerian constitution,such people are wasting their time and Ndigbo have no apology for that and can never be intimidated by same people who fought so hard to keep us in same country with them.Ndigbo should be left alone to continue pursuing their dreams in one United Nigeria as proclaimed by yorubas and awusas in 1970.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Defcon1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
igbos report card:

violence..........99.9%
money ritual.....78%
intelligence......0.001%

yorubas report card:

violence.....0%
money ritual.....40%
intelligence.....100.1%

yorubas has been winning these set of violent animals with intelligence all the time. they claim to own lagos, but make we break first make we knw who go grind teeth by the time they are banished to their red soiled good for nothing land
When others are trying to make peace you still choose to post a hateful comment on a thread geared towards peace

Some people simply thrive on hate, they can't help it
it's very unfortunate
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by dolphinheart(m): 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
When I heard what the oba of lagos said, I felt bad and also did not agree with him. But I also felt that the matter should not have been handled the way it was handled by some people.

The Yorubas hold their elders and obas in high exteem even though they do not support everything the oba says or does. The yorubas have a framework of correcting issues and in this case such framework should have been adopted.
The ibos should have allowed the yorubas handle the wrong statement made by the oba the way the yorubas do . As most ibos can see , most yorubas do not surpport the statements atributted to the oba and they should have left it to the yorubas to solve the issue in a peaceful manner.
But now the issue has been heated up , ultimatums has been issued, threats given and outcome of a fight between both tribes postulated.

The tongue is verry powerful and people should learn how to control it . Calling the oba names like fool, illeterate, king of touts, coward will not solve the issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

My definition of cowardice is all talk and no act as yorubas have been known to do throught history. When yawaa gas, they always chicken out.

What action do you want from the Yorubas to know that they are brave like the hausa? To run around killing our people, innocent women and children okwa ya? I smh.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Akshow: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
well said op. After watching the video, i realise d oba goofed big time. But igbos in lagos need to humble themselves and not take d hospitality of lagosians for granted.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
dolphinheart:
When I heard what the oba of lagos said, I felt bad and also did not agree with him. But I also felt that the matter should not have been handled the way it was handled by some people.

The Yorubas hold their elders and obas in high exteem even though they do not support everything the oba says or does. The yorubas have a framework of correcting issues and in this case such framework should have been adopted.
The ibos should have allowed the yorubas handle the wrong statement made by the oba the way the yorubas do . As most ibos can see , most yorubas do not surpport the statements atributted to the oba and they should have left it to the yorubas to solve the issue in a peaceful manner.
But now the issue has been heated up , ultimatums has been issued, threats given and outcome of a fight between both tribes postulated.

The tongue is verry powerful and people should learn how to control it . Calling the oba names like fool, illeterate, king of touts, coward will not solve the issue.

The Oba did not just make any statement. He stood up and directly threatened Igbo elders and titled men in front of camera.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by jumobi1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

No. I disagree bro. We don't have to wait for Yorubas to solve the issue. We can solve it together but the issue involves Igbos so we must show disapproval...hopefully in a civilized manner. If we leave it for Yorubas to solve, we would be called cowards. No be Naija be this?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

Well they can't be violent and be cowards at same time, lets be logical here. They've been called cowards everywhere on this forum even in this thread if one would count cowards has been mentioned more than 100 times on this thread only.

By the way I am not a Yoruba but a bystander who also think Igbos are really pushing their mouth a little to far.

**modified** btw I don't think their elders are scared they are just fedup of their spewing thrash day in day out without consequences while enjoy their hospitality.

Fighting makes you an agbero
You are a coward when you hide behind a computer and spew trash about a people you are afraid to compete with
A bigger coward when you say something and deny you said it
What is the trash Igbos spew?
In Ibadan the other day a group of Yoruba elders took out a newspaper ad to cry that strangers were buying up land in their land
How cowardly can they get
If you have money,you buy property for sale
You don't call yourself accommodating and use every second to shove it down my throat expecting to be bowed before
We are not a subservient group
We don't make trouble wherever we go and that doesn't mean we need to kiss your arse or lie down like a lizard before you

No Igboman was handed a piece of property when he arrived Lagos
He got it by his blood and sweat
Yet an agbero posting on nairaland expects to talk trash expect he won't get a good response

Igbos are in Lagos not because it is yorubaland but because it is the commercial nerve center of Nigeria
Same reason Lebanese and Chinese are also there buying up land and property
You don't hear gwaris of northerners running around like touts complaining of Igbo property in Abuja or that they are taking over
Taking over what?
They ought to be confident in themselves if they say the land belongs to them
Not crying at every turn

See the shameful way an oba acted
You don't have any word for it
Threatening free citizens into voting for his candidate
And you expect that stoopidity not to be met with stern language

Violence is never one sided
Lagos has grown beyond Yoruba and that was how it started
During the time of regionalism it wasn't even included in western Nigeria
It was a province of its own
Western Nigeria had its capital in Ibadan ,not Lagos
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria,developed with nigerian resources and a collection of Nigerians including Igbos
It just happens to be in Yorubaland and that doesn't give any Yoruba tout the right to dictate who lives there

The Igbo man has as much right as any Nigerian to live and work there till Lagos becomes a sovereign nation

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Akshow: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ojiofor:
For courtesy sake some people should stop calling lagos a no man's land nor matter what.then again,peace is bettet than war but if anyone expects Ndigbo not to pursue their political,cultural and economic rights in lagos as guaranteed by Nigerian constitution,such people are wasting their time and Ndigbo have no apology for that and can never be intimidated by same people who fought so hard to keep us in same country with them.Ndigbo should be left alone to continue pursuing their dreams in one United Nigeria as proclaimed by yorubas and awusas in 1970.

No one is stopping them from pursuing their economic ends meet. Im yoruba but totally against what d oba said but the igbos should learn to respect their host community
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by jumobi1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Akshow:
well said op. After watching the video, i realise d oba goofed big time. But igbos in lagos need to humble themselves and not take d hospitality of lagosians for granted.

Nigeria is a complex issue. There is perhaps hospitality but is there any legal recourse for taking the hospitality for granted?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

What action do you want from the Yorubas to know that they are brave like the hausa? To run around killing our people, innocent women and children okwa ya? I smh.

No. I want them to get off their lazy asses, forget oil subsidy and hussle like others in the real world.
And hausas are only brave in your head. Running around like headless chicken and killing students and women with machete is no bravery. Where was their "bravery" when Ihejirika handled them?
Hausas are tools of the british to control Nigeria. Even with the entire support of Britain via BBC Hausa and skewing the military to favour them, they still respect themselves when it comes to dealing with Igbos.
Igbos are the only tribe that have taken the fight to hausa people. Remember when IBB banned guns after Igbos metted out their medicine back to them in the 90s.
Don't be victim of propaganda. Love your people. Be proud of your own.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by ArodeTsolaye: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigerians should sit down and divide the country. After the war when the military
commanders sat down and wrote the constitution saying "We the people of Nigeria". There were no Igbo, Ijaw, Efik or eastern military officers on thatroundtable. Therefore nobody
represented me as an Easterner. I say divide Nigeria now!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Akshow:

No one is stopping them from pursuing their economic ends meet. Im yoruba but totally against what d oba said but the igbos should learn to respect their host community

Please give us one instance where the so called host community was disrespected
In what way?
You expect Igbos to prostrate before you daily?
They will not
You are not doing anything that Igbos in Enugu haven't some for Yorubas and Hausas in Enugu where I lived
We don't expect praise for it
It's expected that one treats their guests with courtesy
We extend that to all Hausas and Yorubas in our communities without expecting them to bow at our feet
We expect you to do same

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:
@op,

Appeasement as a political tool doesn't always work, you only embolden the aggressor!

I think Lagosian should go to the poll on April 11, and vote according to their conscience and sentiments! Let the one with the most vote be declare the winner.

Lagos is part and parcel of Nigeria, if anyone (Igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc) breaks the law of the land, let him be held accountable for it. A little banter here and there about status of Lagos only offend the dredge of the bitter, those intrinsically inferior in intellect and emotions!

If some Igbos call Lagos no man's land, some yoruba reserves the right to name Portharcourt, Onitsha, Enugu in similar fashion as they wish! Such little banter have never been known to hurt even a fly.

Now if anyone want to take it personal to the point of issuing threat, let such persons or groups of person know that we only know the start, but we can't tell the end. When a wood insect gathers tree, on it's head it carries it! As long as Lagos exist as part of larger Nigeria which includes Igbo area, Igbos will live, do business in Lagos and exchange friendly banter with the people of the city as they deemed fit!

If anyone feel slighted by the presence of Igbos in their midst they could go to court to seek redress. Threatening Igbos or Igbo interest will not cut it. And if some people think they are more Lagosian than others and wish to burn the city, I'm sure they will find willing collaborators from either sides!

When we come out to vote on Saturday April 11, many of us will vote for Ambode for whatever reason, and many of us will vote for Jimi Agbaje for whatever reason, and it wont be because some obscure Oba threatened us with empty curses from some obscure palace!

I was beginning to think that all Nigerians were brainless Nigge..rs going by this thread. Thank God you proved me wrong.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by gede7744(f): 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nokiae5:

olodo shut up ori e baje.oloshi
as old as you are u no get sense e remain small u go click 37 u wan mumu die

ko ni da fun iyalaya e. o de ni dagba de 37. omoale abipabe elese osi meji.

omo ta fi n se n kan osu danu.
l dont know who let u loose

oloribu aburo oloshi
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Ojiofor: 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Akshow:

I don't think Igbo Lagosians are disrespectful to their host and don't mind online insults from both sides for example,Ndi Eze Ndigbo in Lagos who went to pay homage to the Oba was hailing him while he was threatening to kill them and their people and they never challenged him out of respect.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

According to your write-up, Igbo sins include:

So according to you, Ifeanyi Uba and Jimi Agbaje both conspire to sin against yoruba on behalf of Igbo! And their aggressiveness against the 'peace loving' yoruba is summed up in those childish banter captured above? For these reasons every Igboman must bow and genuflect before every yorubaman for peace to reign?

I thought you were going to talk about Igbo cattle herders sacking a Yoruba community? Or Igbos killing scores of Yorubas in markets? Or Igbo raping and killing hundreds of Yoruba girls as they rampage a yoruba traditional festival.

But somehow, you aggregated a series of non-issue and elevate it to life-threatening, to the point of opening a thread to prostrate to every yoruba you meet online, and urging the rest of your kinsmen to follow suit! Guy, you are taking your new found love too far!

As a matter of fact, I'm going to repeat some of those phrase again! And I make bold to say,

"Lagos is No Man's Land"
"Igbos develop Lagos"
"Igbo will determine who will rule Lagos"

Now let any angry yoruba man go and jump into Lagos lagoon; Igbo are not cowed nor do they cower! Arrant nonsense!!

Wow!!!!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

Actually No. You might want to go and recheck that thread about your oba making those statement. Majority of your yoruba brothers supported him, even went to the extent of taunting igbos. The insults to your oba is what resulted out from you people taunting. That's one thing I can't stand about you people. You ppl try to lie through your teeth and play victim.

When that hausa boy went on twitter and requested for the killing of Igbo ppl during the presidency election..how many igbos went crazy over it? Very few and that's because we actually saw the northerners condemn the boy in Linda ikeji, twitter and other blogs till the point the boy started recanting and lying he was "hacked". Even though, we know the north did the whole swamble to save face and there defense most likely wasn't their true intent but the fact they did it calmed down nerves. While for this one, all we saw was out right justification, applause, agreeing with the Oba and even taunting. Now that una gra gra have finally caught many attention and your oba is getting insulted daily, you ppl want to recant and play victim. Spare us una usual act pls.

Not all of us are like this coward OP. Not all of us will twist it like it is just to appease you people hateful, vile and despicable hatred una bore for the average igbo person.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Akshow: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Go to the major markets in those places and tell me who is in charge?
However, those guys at least are not too lazy but are trying to compete.

stop deceiving ursef. i live in kano. singer market is populated by hausa. kwari market, same. i dare say igbos are not up to fifty percent in sabon gari market so stop deceiving yrsef and eat a humble pie. u are in no competition with anyone. do ur thing and be level headed.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by dolphinheart(m): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
On the politics of these issue .(my personal opinion)
The way the yorubas and ibos vote are very different, their reasons and ideaologies are also different.
Ibo idealogies allow them vote in blocks and this affect the calculations of the present leaders in the yoruba political society. These they hope to stop but some of their leaders present statement (like the statement attributed to the oba) is a wrong approach . Nevertheless, the ibos should have seen these sensitive issue of the yorubas and who govern them and how they choose their rulers from afar of and not collectively dabble into it under the guise of democracy. Yes there is democracy in nigeria , but we should all also note that their are unwritten rules and codes governing the process. Breaking those codes could possibly lead to anarchy , anarchy fuelled by bad tongue, hateful speech and unwholesome personal views.

On these issue, both tribes should use their sixth sense o.
Gbogbo eniyan lo mo ibere ija, ko si eni ti o mo ipari re!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
I live and work in the USA
By naturalization an American who can vote and be voted for
If an American who was born here takes it upon himself to remind me daily that I am a visitor and attempt to dictate how I can act,vote or where I should go and shouldn't, and how I should be grateful to him for accommodating me.I have every right to tell him to go and kiss a toad then my nyash
That is the situation many Igbos have found themselves in
Constantly having to defend themselves against touts who claim to be civilized but parading with cave mentality

Born Americans cannot rejoice when they heard a calamity befell Nigerians and will be shocked to get a backlash from Nigerians
If Yorubas take it upon themselves to act like hooligans,Igbos have a right to tell them to shut up
No man has a monopoly of bad mouth

If an American is angry that I have a house and a college degree,let him go get an education and do same
Same way if a Yoruba man is angry his neighbor is doing well,let him humbly ask how it is done or let him be instead of disturbing the peace.

Enough of this nonsense

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Defcon1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:
op, you are a big slowpoke.

You claim to be Igbo but no real Igboman will speak like you. If they wanted us to stay out of their politics and customs, why did their forefathers like adekwunle walk from ijebu ode to ngwaland to force us back into their unholy alliance with gworo chewers?

As you lay your mat, so shall you lie. A useless oba, using threats against my people and you are now turning and joining them to blame the victim?

We are in lagos as citizens of Nigeria and all our actions are within those boundaries. We are law abiding citizens and we are not sorry to be more succesful than the lazy ones. We are taking over Lagos, yes, the no man's land and all their tantrums and empty threats will not work.
Tone down your rhetoric
This is a peace thread, everyone has their grievances but this is not the appropriate place to air them.
Peace does not mean the absence of aggression but the maturity to see what the aggression would lead to if not checked.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Akshow: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ojiofor:
I don't think Igbo Lagosians are disrespectful to their host and don't mind online insults from both sides for example,Ndi Eze Ndigbo in Lagos who went to pay homage to the Oba was hailing him while he was threatening to kill them and their people and they never challenged him out of respect.

I hope so. we all need each oda.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ojiofor:

Can you imagine!

Our leaders went to his palace to pay homage to him; to show respect, yet he disrespected them and threatened our people with annihilation! Is that the 'sophistication' these people preach? This rascally behaviour from the oba is only expected from cavemen! It's very shameful!!

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Op, can you show Nairaland what you have done in the past and how you did it to sensitize your ibo people? Until then, I will say to my Yoruba people to not listen to the op cos this is just to make Yoruba sit back while ibos run amok.

Why is the op now all of a sudden concerned after years ibos spent degrading Yoruba? Is it because Yoruba are about to treat their f'ups?Where are the letters he wrote to his people pleading with them to stop taunting Yoruba? The only reason he woke up now is that he sees Yoruba is about to do it like ibos. Please don't listen to the op, we must see this to a logical conclusion!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing / Adeleke, Diri 'buga Won' After PDP Governorship Primary In Yenagoa (video) / Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.