Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough (21455 Views)

House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Can You Imagine PDP Member Defending APC Governor! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by cana882(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2015
Mayb he's expecting xtra pay for stealing since its nt corruption grin . Bunch of ungrateful great fool angry
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by wonlasewonimi: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
I don't want to goggle anything

2 Likes

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by CyberWolf: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2015
dirifred:

He will do that with care, or they will mobilize against him. and what will happen next is impeachment. how ever this bunch of "thiefing" law makers still owe me a few millions for a supply I did 2010 for the National assembly. they just will not pay, they just promise next time each time.
thats why sovereign national conference is important..if not, how do you expect a law maker to make law that will reduce his own salary

1 Like

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by 989900: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Apparently this dude is being under-paid, and for sure, finds it very hard living under the stipend Nigeria pays him, and his 'croonies'. sad sad sad

Never mind they kill, and are ready to die to be there, and remain there.

They earn as much, or over what US senators earn, in an economy less than 5% of the U.S.

Same set of people who find nothing wrong in a minimum wage of $100/month.

Of course, I can earn a billion dollars/month, and make a case of how inadequate it is . . . and still want more.

It's not rocket science, when common sense/accountability are not factors.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Bowaley17(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Ba$tard...
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Tayeni(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
ephi123:

I am of the opinion that considering Buhari's age, a 2nd term would likely not be his priority and this would give him the base to be as ruthless as required to rid Nigeria of corruption. GEJ couldn't do certain things because he had his ambition of 2nd term to consider.
you can say that again!...one term is enough for any serious person to reduce corruption drastically......if i were Buhari, i would fight according to the dictates of my conscience and damn the consequences.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Reaper231(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
dirifred:

He will do that with care, or they will mobilize against him. and what will happen next is impeachment. how ever this bunch of "thiefing" law makers still owe me a few millions for a supply I did 2010 for the National assembly. they just will not pay, they just promise next time each time.

Bro this is a govt of the people. The so called lawmaker have seen frm recent election that's d pple will not waste time to vote then out. If Buahri can tke such a step against them I bet u any impeachment process against that man shall be met with mass protest, suits frm Nigerians and open antagonism against the national assembly. We hv had enough of their excesses and Nigerians r looking for who will cut them to size. I also wish for the day we open d door with a successful case of Recall
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Grendel(m): 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
remind me the title of this movie please grin

Gombs:
If only we were smarter with legislation

as for those calling Buhari will fix this etc... I'm like

[img]http://i./GUiKSvedM5daE.gif[/img]

i feel sorry for you all. He will be a president, not a miracle worker.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Chinom(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
CFCfan:

Buhari doesn't have the power to slash their salaries. It's only the RMAFC (Revenue Mobilization Allocation And Fiscal Commission) that can do so, and an Act of the National Assembly.

Bullcrap !! RMAFC is an commission under the ministry of finance. Buhari appoints the minister of finance who is answerable to him. The Buhari I know can do this easily with the backing of the Nigerian people. He, as the president can refuse to endorse whatever motion or act the NA would pass.
If he sticks to his gun and refuses to pay them what they want, coupled with the backing of the masses, the members of the NA will eventually give in. Do not forget that his party controls the majority. What the past presidents lacked was the will power to push it through. Allocations are actually determined by the executive man. OBJ withheld Lagos state allocation for months despite it being an act of the NA and constitutionally determined.
BUHARI CAN DO IT.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Bawss1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Gombs:
If only we were smarter with legislation

as for those calling Buhari will fix this etc... I'm like

[img]http://i./GUiKSvedM5daE.gif[/img]

i feel sorry for you all. He will be a president, not a miracle worker.

Lol, is that gif Clive Davis from The Wire?
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Bawss1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chinom:

Bullcrap !! RMAFC is an commission under the ministry of finance. Buhari appoints the minister of finance who is answerable to him. The Buhari I know can do this easily with the backing of the Nigerian people. He, as the president can refuse to endorse whatever motion or act the NA would pass.
If he sticks to his gun and refuses to pay them what they want, coupled with the backing of the masses, the members of the NA will eventually give in. Do not forget that his party controls the majority. What the past presidents lacked was the will power to push it through. Allocations are actually determined by the executive man. OBJ withheld Lagos state allocation for months despite it being an act of the NA and constitutionally determined.
BUHARI CAN DO IT.

How can you be so obstinate. That's how democracy works unless you are indirectly saying that Buhari will somehow revert to authoritarian ways. The president cannot slash the pay of senators
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by invectives(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
fsk1:
This guys are just too wicked!Even if that's wat the federal government allocate to them don't they know that it's too much?Afterall,GMB refused to take all the money that was paid to him as a former head of state.He takes only a reasonable amount and send the rest back to FG,he does not care what they do with it,he just wants his conscience clear.A senator visited my village yesterday and I was just shocked by the way people in abject poverty-most of them living under $1-went out to welcome him.I said to my self what's wrong with the people?This is a man who earns over [b][/b]$2.2 million per annum and has not done anything to improve the lives of these people but they still go out to wecome him!......It's just so annoying........Fellow Nigerians for our people's sake something need to be done about this!!!.....GMB is likely to reduce it,but if he does not we,the Nigerian people should do something about it.We can't just continue to watch this lawmakers milk us dry.I cry for the Nigerian masses,especially those living under $1.

#make laws not money
Supported,if GMB forgets to slash there pay,we should make him or remind him to do that.just like using ur PVC to vote,use Social Media to correct the ills of this country.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chinom:

BUHARI CAN DO IT.
The bolded is an example of the impunity and illegality that was OBJ's legacy. I pray the country will not return to those days. Moreover, the RMAFC is an autonomous body, just like INEC, meaning that its operationally independent.http://www.rmafc.gov.ng/abouts/mandate

Of course, the commission could still do a downward review of the salaries of public officers if the NASS passes a law to that effect.

1 Like

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Gombs(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bawss1:

Lol, is that gif Clive Davis from The Wire?

Yup, Senator Clive Davis. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

1 Like

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Gombs(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Grendel:
remind me the title of this movie please grin

Senator Clive Davis, The wire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Bawss1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Gombs:

Yup, Senator Clive Davis. grin

Shiiiiiiii. LOL!
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by amolak: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
this is one of the reasons i don't go out and put myself under the sun in the name of voting for these corporate robbers. until justice is done to their salaries, none of them will have my vote
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by jaybee(f): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:
Can someone please send a dagger into his skull for the sake of humanity.

Why can't you send the dagger? Don't you have one?
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
jaybee:

Why can't you send the dagger? Don't you have one?
Do rather use it on you.
Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by t2luv1: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hysmady:
Nigeria is something else,u be thieF,u bE Rogue,u be robber(in Fela's voice)

U be Thief I nah be Thief

U be Rogue I nah be Rogue

U be Robber I nah be Robber

U be nigeria Legislator Dat I be beko

1 Like

Re: Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough by armadeo(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
The time for part tube legislation is now. To be paid transport and sitting allowance. meetings once a month. That way if you don't have something doing to feed yourself Nigeria wouldn't feed you.

How many of these lawmakers even reside in areas they are representing. They should live amongbthd people they represent not in Abuja and be coming home for Christmas.

We'll get what we need then.

But I am dreaming ain't I.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday / Dignitaries At The Ground Breaking Event Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Project. PICS / Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.