Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data (33931 Views)

Why I Chose To Collect Ransom In Dollars- Evans / Kidnappers Trying To Collect Ransom In Rivers Caught (Photos) / Policemen Treat Us Like Their Atms – Lagos Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by harmeyd: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nairalanders pls visit harmeydayo. tnkz
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Rick9(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
How can some bank ATM's still be using Windows XP in this era, Win7 is not even supposed to be used.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Carp101: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Rick9:
How can some bank ATM's still be using Windows XP in this era, Win7 is not even supposed to be used.
Hehe, they are illiterates to have still use Windows XP. Hackers, please continue to do your job.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by snadguy007(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes na
My name is Adannaya
My father's daughter.... Right??
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by MizMyColi(f): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
smiley
snadguy007:
My father's daughter.... Right??

1 Like

Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Rick9(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Carp101:
Hehe, they are illiterates to have still use Windows XP. Hackers, please continue to do your job.
Na wah for some banks oh, they aint security conscious at all.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Noted!But why is this thread turning into a Yoruba/Ibo bashing thread. Please you guys should calm down.This hatred is unnecessary and unbecoming. Politics is not something we go down the grave with.Not worth fighting each other either.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by wasiudvd(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
I doubt this report. this can only happen in ATM that does not have anti skimming. and as it is now anti skimming has been installed on old machines that doesn't come with it, and new ones come with anti skimming.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by wasiudvd(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Carp101:

This does not have anything to do with OS running on the machine. Running XP now is bad though.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by basseyubong(m): 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok

Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by holluwai(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
It so sad that these hackers will get away with some of these theft and the Nigerian banks will do nothing about it. I guess one will have to change his/her pin after every transaction.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by HizMissy(f): 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:

You should call Jonathan sef.Na tit for tat,,do me I do you.Shey your name sef be flatty in?
Who or what is a flatty?
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Carp101: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
wasiudvd:

This does not have anything to do with OS running on the machine. Running XP now is bad though.
You need to be educated more. Look, if an OS is porous, then it's so easy to manipulate.

Hackers are very intelligent. I wish to be an ethical hacker soon and teach Nigerian banks how to beat these guys at their own game. cheesy
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by jimi4us: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
We knw dem na

Piracy na dem
419 na dem
Every bad bad tinz na dem
Pple wey wan spoil lagos na dem
ask your gay Oba how far
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by holysaint1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
tellwisdom:

People wey get money dey talk, u Sef dey talk...hiss undecided

*in chinyere udoma's voice* Chissoooosss sad
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by holysaint1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Weah96:

Don't need your pin to order a 50" smart TV online. But I do need the 3 digits at the back of the card, something that the scammers cannot obtain using this mechanism. These cards require a "plug" at a retail store, a complicit Walmart cashier, for example. Otherwise, a fake ID would be necessary to walk out of the store with anything significant.

and your point is ??
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
HizMissy:

Who or what is a flatty?
Go round nairaland,check your environment and you will see them in their fool glory.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Carp101: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
holluwai:
It so sad that these hackers will get away with some of these theft and the Nigerian banks will do nothing about it. I guess one will have to change his/her pin after every transaction.
Some insiders the bank connive with these guys to do these damages. It's win-win situation for them cheesy

The only solution is to limit the use of ATM cards and online transations.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by holysaint1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes na
My name is Adannaya

So adannaya, na here u dey.. Wey everybodi dey find you.. Oya go sell groundnut give customers fast fast. smiley
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Weah96: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
holysaint1:

and your point is ??

Avoid using the affected ATMs. Enter bank and collect your money from human beings until the ATMs are secured.

My Ethiopian neighbor is using 2 cards right now that don't belong to him. Don't allow him to obtain a third at your expense.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by dipopooo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
jimi4us:
ask your gay Oba how far

ask bianca hw my boy FFK fck her
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Carp101: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Weah96:

Avoid using the affected ATMs. Enter bank and collect your money from human beings until the ATMs are secured.

My Ethiopian neighbor is using 2 cards right now that don't belong to him. Don't allow him to obtain a third at your expense.
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by nitrogen(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:

Go back to class!

Oh okay sir, just that we learn new things everyday, so please help me now. Who are the Igbos, what is Biafra? E joor!
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by MizMyColi(f): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
holysaint1:

So adannaya, na here u dey.. Wey everybodi dey find you.. Oya go sell groundnut give customers fast fast. smiley

Quote me with ya main account tongue
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by wasiudvd(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Carp101:
You need to be educated more. Look, if an OS is porous, then it's so easy to manipulate.

Hackers are very intelligent. I wish to be an ethical hacker soon and teach Nigerian banks how to beat these guys at their own game. cheesy

you need the education more collecting cards data does not have anything to do with OS. Read more about skimming and anti skimming.
PINs can't even be collected through this method as the stale report said.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
nitrogen:

Oh okay sir, just that we learn new things everyday, so please help me now. Who are the Igbos, what is Biafra? E joor!
Do your assignment first.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by nitrogen(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:

Do your assignment first.

Okay sir, but wait, were you not in a dilemma last year-on which course to study at OAU, or maybe I should say you are an ex-jambite?
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by foliks(f): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
tellwisdom:

People wey get money dey talk, u Sef dey talk...hiss undecided

Tellstupid.....by the time $1=#1, my #1000 is sumtin o
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by conquerorb: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:
Another innovative idea from the Igbos,I wonder what Biafra would be like.It is better not imagined.
. This is very un-necessary.
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Psalmwise(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
nawa for nigerians ooo
naw we have succesfully hacked atm machin...chai
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
nitrogen:

Okay sir, but wait, were you not in a dilemma last year-on which course to study at OAU, or maybe I should say you are an ex-jambite?

Is that your assignment?!!
Re: Hackers Hit Atms In Lagos, Device Means To Collect Pins & ATM Card Data by Sanuzi(m): 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigerian using their talents wrongly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infidelity: Husband Kills Wife In Benue, Wife Kills Husband In Lagos / Police Kill Suspected IPOB Member In Imo, Arrest One / My 4 Year Old Son Was Sexually Abused By 30 Year Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.