Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti (36921 Views)

Yahaya Bello Visits Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland, Almost Mobbed (Photos) / Lawmakers Almost Mobbed Buhari At Dinner During Hand Shake Session / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
I'm still in shock over what happened to me today.
I'm a youth corper serving in Ado Ekiti. On my way to the office Ado Ekiti this morning, I observed that the Fajuyi park area of the town was blocked by security operatives and motorcycles were not being allowed to ride through. I was puzzled as to what was going on, as I just got back to the state from my hometown d night before. Anyway I proceeded to my office. About two hours later, I heard some singing and noise from outside. As l was kind of bored, I decided to go and observe. On getting to the outside of my office complex, I saw a large crowd of people singing and walking on the main road. I realised they were protesting. But since there were no sign of violence, I presumed, albeit wrongly, that it was a peaceful protest. Therefore, and in order to test the picture quality of the phone I just bought, I decided to take pictures. That was a very grave mistake, I now realise. Immediately, a man saw me taking the pictures, he descended on me. The crowd followed suit and before I could mention Jesus, I started receiving blows and slaps from everywhere. The shirt and inner shirt I was wearing was torn out of my body. After the security men managed to restrain d crowd, I was told to delete d pictures, which I did. The crowd was not still satisfied and insisted that I give my phone to them, so they could smash it. I refused. Another round of beating then commenced, this time more viciously. I was pushed to the ground and they were all raining blows and slaps on my body. I managed to extricate myself from the melee and ran for my dear life. Some tried chasing me, but I was quicker. I then went to hide in a part of d complex. After about 5 minutes, a vicious looking guy came to meet me where I was hiding and said I should give him my phone, else he finishes me off there and then. He said he has been instructed by the powers that be to either smash my phone or finish me off. Or in the alternative, he will take me to d crowd waiting fr me outside so they can deal with me in their own way. I started begging him and told him I was just a youth corper and I was neither a politician or from Ado Ekiti. After showing him my NYSC I.d. card and giving him the last 500 naira in my wallet, which he requested for, as bribe, he let me go and instructed me to go and hide as best as I could. I was later transported outside the premises by a good Samaritan, before I found my way home.
Though I'm an ardent follower of political happenings in the country, I have never been a fanatic, and I never expected this type of behaviour from rational human beings. Mehn, these guys where filled with anger, and they could kill without hesitation. Politics should not be a do or die affair. It is high time we jettison this culture of barbarism and embrace peace and dialogue. Anyway, I'm thankful to God, that it didn't get worse than it did. Though I'm feeling pains all over my body, I'll survive and at least I still have my phone.

122 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Ekiseme(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thank God for your life

#sayNOtoviolence

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by akinboyepelumi1: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
You'v just been giving a tip of what the Journalist in Nigeria face when they go to the Lions den. I am sure U were trying to get the pictures to make frontpage on Nairaland with the topic "Pictures : Riot In Ado Ekiti?"

It is a good thing you still have your life and Phone, hope U"v learnt one or two lesson(s) from your experience.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
You'v been just giving a tip of what the Journalist in Nigeria face when they go to the Lions den. I am sure U were trying to get the pictures to make frontpage on Nairaland with the topic "Pictures : Riot In Ado Ekiti?"

It is a good thing you still have your life and Phone, hope U"v learnt one or two lesson(s) from your experience.
I ve definitely learnt my lessons. But it's not like I was trying to post the pictures on Nairaland or something. Anyway what I s wrong in posting pictures of a protest on Nairaland. Are we not in a free society?

22 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Janet101(f): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Am happy u are alive to tell d tale, next time pls be careful.

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by kolomax(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Next time you will not try it
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by swaggzo(m): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
undecided
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by akinboyepelumi1: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I ve definitely learnt my lessons. But it's not like I was trying to post the pictures on Nairaland or something. Anyway what I s wrong in posting pictures of a protest on Nairaland. Are we not in a free society?
Ogalawyer no vex, I have no intention of appearing in court.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by VickyRotex(f): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
shocked shocked cry
Thank God for your life Op.

Good thing youve learnt your lesson.

Angry mob will find everything wrong in you taking a picture of their protest.

I hope those quick to capturing any image they see will learn from this...
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Never ever try to take a picture with your phone in a public place, the beating will bring more pain in the morning.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
All for nairaland FRONTPAGE.tongue

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
O.p Better go do Thanksgiving o. Go thank God for saving your arse undecided angry
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ademega(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thank God for your life. The politicians in ekiti had destroyed the youths so much that you just need to give them money and weapons and they swing into action . no knowledge again . thank God for your life. Presently ekiti is boiling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by sinkhole: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have a digital camera in my car with intention of using it take picture whenever I could but fear has never allowed me take any picture of protests or rallies and I have seen many of such during this election season grin
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by omotoyiwa(f): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thank God for ur life o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Martino240:
O.p Better go do Thanksgiving o. Go thank God for saving your arse undecided angry

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Martino240:
my broda nor be small thing o..na just God save me today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Azedplus(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
sorry Corper shun ...... but picture of ur bruise or d protest else ........ ( Just kidding , in Jimi Agbaje's voice )

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by tuoyoojo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Choi see as u just chop free "blending" just like that. Abeg go buy alabukun make u drink. Next time if u see protest , mak u hide ur fone or if u must snap. They shud neva see u.

Tank God u dey alive

Ekiti people are peace loving but elections seems to bring out a part of them that is uncorth

By the way, how am I sure ur story is true,

Pic or......u know the rest na! Lol

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Pebcak: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Fayose is a goner its just a matter of time

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Alfamann: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
op you be rambo o! So after a second beating more harsher than the first one, you still outran all of them with your phone intact? Chei.

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by GEJisBOKO: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Show us the picture of you being beaten or adonbilivit

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by REDshouse(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
guy those pix cam still be be recovered frm ur fone trust the guru.....dnt loose hope and if you ve got another opportunity to take pix ...be careful and do it professionally

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by dustydee: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
grin grin
@OP, sorry o!
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Pebcak: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ifayose your days are numbered
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Hayorstimmy: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yea DT would serve as a lesson to u, DT u dnt just take pishures anyao wen pple are protesting. At least u know How it looks like wen student are protesting. Aluta
#learn2besmart
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sorry.
Op, the people protesting are supporting Who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
k
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Atlantian: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
That's a sign of things to come. The majority have handed power over to the hands of killers. It was a pro-APC rally today at Ekiti.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by suwailad(f): 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
I just read where you made a grave MISTAKE. so i dont have anything to tell you than make you dey use your brain when your head needs it
and stop being a front page hunter, you might loose your life in the process of making homepage on nairaland.

anyway NTORRRRRR!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido / Winners, Losers As 32 States Get More VAT Share Than They Generate / Fashola Begs Dangote To Take A Picture With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.