Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti (36932 Views)

Yahaya Bello Visits Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland, Almost Mobbed (Photos) / Lawmakers Almost Mobbed Buhari At Dinner During Hand Shake Session / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by omotoyiwa(f): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Saklekplus:

Hi omoh, I discovered that u started commenting today since April 2013,u are welcome, but where have u been?
Av bin commenting o,just once in a yle,I'll just read tru sometyms lik in "ghost mode"lol
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by seankay(m): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
C wat d "pics or adonbilivit crew" caused dis young man. I'm happy for you OP.

Fayose is a goner, its only a matter of tym!
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by sophtaf(f): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
brownlord:

Picture of him snapping the protest, of em receiving beating, of the crowd deleting the snapped pictures from his phone, of em giving bribe of 500 naira and lastly video of em been whisked away by the good Samaritan.

Picture or Idontbelievethis
Ok na
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by udemzyudex(m): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
haywire1:

Good u are alive, oya Wey d pics?

you want mk him show u pix of swollen mouth and head abi? U bad oo grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by sophtaf(f): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Floyd45:
I hope say na Iphone 6 wey u dey follow dem struggle with since
nawa O... grin
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Olayinka2607: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
is dat wat u pple should be saying? instead of rebuking fayose for his thugs using, u re blaming an innocent man. is unfear
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by holysaint1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I'm still in shock over what happened to me today.
I'm a youth corper serving in Ado Ekiti. On my way to the office Ado Ekiti this morning, I observed that the Fajuyi park area of the town was blocked by security operatives and motorcycles were not being allowed to ride through. I was puzzled as to what was going on, as I just got back to the state from my hometown d night before. Anyway I proceeded to my office. About two hours later, I heard some singing and noise from outside. As l was kind of bored, I decided to go and observe. On getting to the outside of my office complex, I saw a large crowd of people singing and walking on the main road. I realised they were protesting. But since there were no sign of violence, I presumed, albeit wrongly, that it was a peaceful protest. Therefore, and in order to test the picture quality of the phone I just bought, I decided to take pictures. That was a very grave mistake, I now realise. Immediately, a man saw me taking the pictures, he descended on me. The crowd followed suit and before I could mention Jesus, I started receiving blows and slaps from everywhere. The shirt and inner shirt I was wearing was torn out of my body. After the security men managed to restrain d crowd, I was told to delete d pictures, which I did. The crowd was not still satisfied and insisted that I give my phone to them, so they could smash it. I refused. Another round of beating then commenced, this time more viciously. I was pushed to the ground and they were all raining blows and slaps on my body. I managed to extricate myself from the melee and ran for my dear life. Some tried chasing me, but I was quicker. I then went to hide in a part of d complex. After about 5 minutes, a vicious looking guy came to meet me where I was hiding and said I should give him my phone, else he finishes me off there and then. He said he has been instructed by the powers that be to either smash my phone or finish me off. Or in the alternative, he will take me to d crowd waiting fr me outside so they can deal with me in their own way. I started begging him and told him I was just a youth corper and I was neither a politician or from Ado Ekiti. After showing him my NYSC I.d. card and giving him the last 500 naira in my wallet, which he requested for, as bribe, he let me go and instructed me to go and hide as best as I could. I was later transported outside the premises by a good Samaritan, before I found my way home.
Though I'm an ardent follower of political happenings in the country, I have never been a fanatic, and I never expected this type of behaviour from rational human beings. Mehn, these guys where filled with anger, and they could kill without hesitation. Politics should not be a do or die affair. It is high time we jettison this culture of barbarism and embrace peace and dialogue. Anyway, I'm thankful to God, that it didn't get worse than it did. Though I'm feeling pains all over my body, I'll survive and at least I still have my phone.

sorry for the beatings embarassed.. i can only imagine.. but seriously, the way naija dey go now, na to dey carry small pen knife follow bodi ooo. kus na mad and evil men full naija nowadays.. any small tin, na lynching.. so barbaric angry
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by mayorall(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
suwailad:
I just read where you made a grave MISTAKE. so i dont have anything to tell you than make you dey use your brain when your head needs it
and stop being a front page hunter, you might loose your life in the process of making homepage on nairaland.

anyway NTORRRRRR!

kini Eleyi n so ?
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by AnniboRosaeze(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
This sounds like Tales by moonlight abi na Super story......d story doesn't just add up Mr OP....U said u r an ARDENT follower of political happenings yet u didn't know what was going on in your state of assignment.Please stop cooking up stories I beg you.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
welcome to Nigeria, you've been in America for so long where camera is the order of the day.

MONKEYS hate photo -shoots grin
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Fxwarrior: 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I ve definitely learnt my lessons. But it's not like I was trying to post the pictures on Nairaland or something. Anyway what I s wrong in posting pictures of a protest on Nairaland. Are we not in a free society?

Yes of course we are in a free society so why are you complaining when they acted freely with you?
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Afroconnect: 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its a pity Nigerians here are not condemning the assault and beating on the innocent Nigerian but are rather blaming him for excercising a right.

Or have you all accepted to be slaves in your own country?
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ayoballs: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oga kopa are you a photographer?...u better face your primary assignment next time and don't get yourself killed.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by samuel078: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Eyah sori
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by elohorayodele: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I ve definitely learnt my lessons. But it's not like I was trying to post the pictures on Nairaland or something. Anyway what I s wrong in posting pictures of a protest on Nairaland. Are we not in a free society?

You are still asking 'are we not in a free society'? Keep taking pics,you go soon kpai
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by donttouch: 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
U done use lie now make fp, abi
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by harry509: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
ogalawyer:
I'm a youth corper serving in Ado Ekiti. On my way to the office Ado Ekiti this morning, I observed that the Fajuyi park area of the town was blocked by security operatives and motorcycles were not being allowed to ride through. I was puzzled as to what was going on, as I just got back to the state from my hometown d night before. Anyway I proceeded to my office. About two hours later, I heard some singing and noise from outside. As l was kind of bored, I decided to go and observe. On getting to the outside of my office complex, I saw a large crowd of people singing and walking on the main road. I realised they were protesting. But since there were no sign of violence, I presumed, albeit wrongly, that it was a peaceful protest. Therefore, and in order to test the picture quality of the phone I just bought, I decided to take pictures. That was a very grave mistake, I now realise. Immediately, a man saw me taking the pictures, he descended on me. The crowd followed suit and before I could mention Jesus, I started receiving blows and slaps from everywhere. The shirt and inner shirt I was wearing was torn out of my body. After the security men managed to restrain d crowd, I was told to delete d pictures, which I did. The crowd was not still satisfied and insisted that I give my phone to them, so they could smash it. I refused. Another round of beating then commenced, this time more viciously. I was pushed to the ground and they were all raining blows and slaps on my body. I managed to extricate myself from the melee and ran for my dear life. Some tried chasing me, but I was quicker. I then went to hide in a part of d complex. After about 5 minutes, a vicious looking guy came to meet me where I was hiding and said I should give him my phone, else he finishes me off there and then. He said he has been instructed by the powers that be to either smash my phone or finish me off. Or in the alternative, he will take me to d crowd waiting fr me outside so they can deal with me in their own way. I started begging him and told him I was just a youth corper and I was neither a politician or from Ado Ekiti. After showing him my NYSC I.d. card and giving him the last 500 naira in my wallet, which he requested for, as bribe, he let me go and instructed me to go and hide as best as I could. I was later transported outside the premises by a good Samaritan, before I found my way home.
Though I'm an ardent follower of political happenings in the country, I have never been a fanatic, and I never expected this type of behaviour from rational human beings. Mehn, these guys where filled with anger, and they could kill without hesitation. Politics should not be a do or die affair. It is high time we jettison this culture of barbarism and embrace peace and dialogue. Anyway, I'm thankful to God, that it didn't get worse than it did. Though I'm feeling pains all over my body, I'll survive and at least I still have my phone.
eya doh oo. Ekiti state use 2 b vry peaceful state ooh bcus I serve there 2. I tink dat bloody crimna call fayose or wat so eva his name is I don't gve a Bleep. He shud b impeached imediately bcus we don't want corrupt pple like him n office. Sai-buhari.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by ogalawyer(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
For those of you thinking I made this up, you can confirm yourselves. The incident occurred at the High Court premises at fajuyi park this afternoon. What do I stand to gain by spawning lies. And I never knew that it was a crime for one to take pictures with his phone. Anyway, I don't blame any of you, if you were to be suffering the pains I'm presently suffering, you will not be here spitting gibberish. I have learnt my lessons.. that Nigerians are one set of barbaric people.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by bajosky: 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
that was the beatings received from Change I hope mallam buhari wil be able to curtail his APC boyz after swearing in

SAI BUHARI
SAI CHANGE
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by PilotOz(m): 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Same tin almost happened to me one day in skul... During a Protest over lecturers unpaid salaries, i wanted to get some juicy shots and upload them on our school fb page. As i took out my phone , one guy with a long stick just came to me and said "guy wetin dey sup, u dey video us... bring that phone... Before i knew 2 other boys surrounded me.. i was like "omo see gobe" I just said in a shaky voice "bros no vex see, i don delete am" They warned me never to record or take pics during a protest!
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by saintbeckie(f): 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op,I congratulate u,infact u need to organize a tnxgiving service in ur church or mosque cos wat u escaped today....hmmmm
My advice for u is dat,pls don't do Inec stuff for d governorship election and if possible,vacate the state for now cos u're not just safe in dat state.God will be ur shield and no evil will befall u in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by deywarley(m): 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ordinarily, I would have said 'pictures or Addonbilivit' but your case is a curious one grin
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by U2ice(m): 12:16am On Apr 08, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
You'v just been giving a tip of what the Journalist in Nigeria face when they go to the Lions den. I am sure U were trying to get the pictures to make frontpage on Nairaland with the topic "Pictures : Riot In Ado Ekiti?"

It is a good thing you still have your life and Phone, hope U"v learnt one or two lesson(s) from your experience.

Hehehehhe.....guy yeye de worry u ooo

Bt d guy stil make FP wiv d beatin gringrin
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Mozes147: 12:42am On Apr 08, 2015
Take care OP. What is the cause of their protest. Hope that question is not causing any pain.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by nnamdiosu(m): 1:05am On Apr 08, 2015
ogalawyer:

young man I have three pieces of advice for you. 1. NEVER EVER VALUE YOUR PHONE OR ANY OF YOUR PROPERTY OVER YOUR LIFE. 2. ANY TIME YOU SEE A POLITICAL PROTEST, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. 3. GO AND DO THANKSGIVING IN YOUR CHURCH ON SUNDAY. ( the first two advice aren't necessary)
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Ilekeh(f): 1:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Ifayose, shame on you. But it's not your fault, na Ekiti alajekujes posted you on such a high pedestal.

Your governing days are numbered.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by RaeMystix: 1:59am On Apr 08, 2015
Sorry about the situation Just that atleast this incident has taught you to use your common sense, when next you come across an incident like this.
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by isalegan2: 2:24am On Apr 08, 2015
sanniabiola:
you for ask me first before you try to take pictures. Mine was after the June 20 election precisely on 21st of June last year. I saw such a peaceful rally of my favorite political party so I excitedly want to snap them from where I was standing and watching only for these two guy that I will defeat individually in a fight walk to me and ask to see my phone, I said why?, [size=14pt] while asking one guy why the other deliver these leather coated slap on my left cheek, as I was preparing to protest the slap the other one struck too, my head grow big immediately and all I could hear was whistling from the cloud.[/size] My colleague from inside start screaming "run inside, he's a corper o" my brother, even the video delete automatically and one person remind me that didn't I know that am standing in front of an opposition house. That double slap still hurt my brain till date and I have not even forget the size of the first palm the braced my face. Don't play with your phone in Ekiti street when they gather o. They don't understand much civility there. But I love their ways sha, Hard luck men, I have been there too.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:30am On Apr 08, 2015
ogalawyer:
free society in deed! No wonder you received free beating, you can still go back and snap more pictures.. I'm Ekiti boy living in lagos, I love my state, no time to check time
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by mikaj(m): 4:30am On Apr 08, 2015
kolomax:
Next time you will not try it
Next time ke? I'm definitely sure there wouldn't be a next time
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by DinhoMVP: 5:32am On Apr 08, 2015
Bros how is the picture quality of the fone u just bought?
Re: How I Was Almost Mobbed Today In Ado Ekiti by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 08, 2015
Whats wrong in taking pictures of a protest scene?
Please someone enlighten me, cos I don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Will Save Some Nigerians From Intellectual Laziness? - Femi Adesina / Timipre Sylva And Governor Wike Laughing, Shaking Each Other (Caption Photo) / Fashola Begs Dangote To Take A Picture With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.