Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Just One Message - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Just One Message (875 Views)

GEJ's Ramadan Message To Nigerian Muslims / Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / The Message Of The Prophets--mohammad, Jesus, The Rest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just One Message by muhsin(m): 2:37pm On Jan 26, 2009
Salam,

Just One Message[b][/b] is a pamplet on who actually Jesus was? A God or a Messenger. Enjoy your readings.

Muhsin

Re: Just One Message by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
muslims again spending too much time and resources on Jesus . . . why do they find Him so attractive?  grin

I tried reading the pamphlet . . . 98% of it is quoting from the bible to justify islam. You begin to wonder why islam cant just seem to stand on its own.
Re: Just One Message by osisi2(f): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2009
My brother the obsession is worrisome.
Have they run out of articles on Mohammed or what?
Re: Just One Message by babs787(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Davidylan

muslims again spending too much time and resources on Jesus . . . why do they find Him so attractive?

I tried reading the pamphlet . . . 98% of it is quoting from the bible to justify islam. You begin to wonder why islam cant just seem to stand on its own.

Hope you are aware that Jesus is a Muslim and was never a Christian and a prophet before Muhammad.
Re: Just One Message by muhsin(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

muslims again spending too much time and resources on Jesus . . . why do they find Him so attractive? grin

**osisi:

My brother the obsession is worrisome.
Have they run out of articles on Mohammed or what?

You had me laughing, fellows.
What exactly happened?
The proof of his being what we claim him as (Prophet nor God) is 'irrefutable', right?
Just believe!
Re: Just One Message by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

Hope you are aware that Jesus is a Muslim and was never a Christian and a prophet before Muhammad.

i am aware mohammad simply used His name to draw build a false foundation for his political movement that morphed into a religion. Please show me proof that Jesus was a muslim (i.e how he prayed IN DETAILS, who He cried to IN DETAILS, where his mosque was) FROM YOUR QURAN pls.

enough of running to the bible to try to justify a lie.

muhsin:

You had me laughing, fellows.
What exactly happened?
The proof of his being what we claim him as (Prophet nor God) is 'irrefutable', right?
Just believe!

what is irrefutable is the desperate attempt by islam to use the bible to justify itself.
Re: Just One Message by olabowale(m): 2:11am On Jan 28, 2009
Delusional. Davidylan and then we see **Osisi. Na wa for kiriyo o.
Re: Just One Message by thehomer: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

Jesus a muslim? But he lived over 600 years before Islam. Technically, he couldn't have been a Christian since the religion was based on him.
Re: Just One Message by osisi2(f): 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2009
thehomer:

Jesus a muslim? But he lived over 600 years before Islam. Technically, he couldn't have been a Christian since the religion was based on him.

Thank God an independent observer sees the stupidity in the claim that Jesus was a Muslim.
How could he be a Muslim when Mohammed ,the founder and originator of Islam was born hundreds of years after the birth,death,resurrection and ascencion of Jesus.
Re: Just One Message by osisi2(f): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2009
First the Koran is confused at to whom the first Muslim is.
Is it Mohammed
Is it Abraham
Is it Moses?

There are documents that far preceed the koran showing that Abraham and co were anything but Muslims
Re: Just One Message by olabowale(m): 4:42am On Jan 29, 2009
@thehomer: « #7 on: Yesterday at 11:29:40 PM »

Before Adam (AS), there was Islam. Muslims were the Angels. What is Islam? Submission to Allah. Who is a Muslim? Those who submit to Allah, knowing with full conviction of knowledge that Allah is their Only Lord, God the Creator. So Adam was a muslim, and the first muslim on earth, from the human race. Moses was the first muslim in his generation. Jesus was a muslim, but not the first in his generation, since he was in the same generation as his cousin John and the father of John, Zachariah. And of course, Mary his mother.

The homer, let me throw you into confusion because of your technicality. What is the religion of Jesus? Unless he had no religion, could his religion be different from that of father Abraham, who was alive and dead before Judaism could ever started? Proof; he did not go with Jacob and sons (lets leave the daughters out of the argument, because that will be another can of worms), to Egypt under the elevation of Joseph. Even Isaac did not go.

@**osisi: « #8 on: Yesterday at 11:35:35 PM »

Thank God an independent observer sees the stupidity in the claim that Jesus was a Muslim.
How could he be a Muslim when Mohammed ,the founder and originator of Islam was born hundreds of years after the birth,death,resurrection and ascencion of Jesus.

The Yoruba people were yorubas when they got to Western part of Nigeria, or before? I have an opinion that they were already yorubas when they separated from the larger/mother group and decided to undertake the journey which finally led them to their present place in Nigeria. This is a set up for my core argument.

An Igbo woman migrated to America, from Aba. So she said to a friend from Ankara, Turkey that she is an Umochukwu woman. So the Ankara woman ignorantly told a friend from Tehran that this Igbo woman is the first Umochukwu person, ever. But an Igbo man was listening, to the two ignorant persons conversation about Umochukwu people. Of course, he had to tell them that before they met the Dr. from Aba, in Texas, there had been many Umochukwu who lived in Texas. Infact, most residents of Aba are Umochukwu people.

**Osisi. Now you dig? Before Jesus, before Muhammad, definitely there were muslims, bowing their wills to Allah. Ibrahim was not a Jew and was not a Christian. Definitely, was not an idolworshipper, which was the reason he left his people. Now, you can navigate the maze yourself. If you still want me to leadyou, I will.

« #9 on: Today at 12:27:39 AM »

First the Koran is confused at to whom the first Muslim is.
Is it Mohammed
Is it Abraham
Is it Moses?

There are documents that far preceed the koran showing that Abraham and co were anything but Muslims

Show is the documents that will prove by predating Islam. While you are at it, please define what is Islam? And who are muslims in a generic sense? Was Ibrahim a jew or christian or idol worshipper by religion? Was Moses a Jew by religion, considering how Judaism is practiced, today? Moses never prayed at the wailing wall. He never nodded his head at any wall.

Was Jesus a Jew by religion, since we already know that he was not a Christian or idolworshipper? Did Jesus not prostrate his face at the garden of geshimane? Who prostrate their faces in worship of god, Jews, Christians or Muslims? And there was Islam long time before Muhammad. Muhammad was not the first of the muslims, on earth. But Islam, as a process was completed in full, without anything to add on the Messengership of Muhammad (AS).
Re: Just One Message by babs787(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Osisi

This is Homer's post:

But you responded thus:

You failed in addressing part of his post that says:
Technically, he couldn't have been a Christian since the religion was based on him

Say something on that
Re: Just One Message by thehomer: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2009
olabowale:

@thehomer: « #7 on: Yesterday at 11:29:40 PM » 
Before Adam (AS), there was Islam. Muslims were the Angels. What is Islam? Submission to Allah. Who is a Muslim? Those who submit to Allah, knowing with full conviction of knowledge that Allah is their Only Lord, God the Creator. So Adam was a muslim, and the first muslim on earth, from the human race. Moses was the first muslim in his generation. Jesus was a muslim, but not the first in his generation, since he was in the same generation as his cousin John and the father of John, Zachariah. And of course, Mary his mother.

If you believe the Adam story then anyone before the Qur'an who believed he was serving a God was a muslim. This is not good enough.
From what I've been able to gather, the Qur'an written centuries after Jesus takes numerous stories from Jewish holy books.
This brings up another question because the Qur'an speaks about a God whose name is Allah but the Jewish books from which it takes numerous characters and occurrences speaks of a God named Jehovah/JHVH/Yahweh depending on how you wish to translate it. I do not think they refer to the same being. Or do they?

olabowale:

The homer, let me throw you into confusion because of your technicality. What is the religion of Jesus? Unless he had no religion, could his religion be different from that of father Abraham, who was alive and dead before Judaism could ever started? Proof; he did not go with Jacob and sons (lets leave the daughters out of the argument, because that will be another can of worms), to Egypt under the elevation of Joseph. Even Isaac did not go.

The religion that Jesus brought was based on Judaism with some modifications. Moses and Jesus were Jews. Moses gave the laws in Judaism while Jesus started with Judaism then went on with his religion.

olabowale:

@**osisi: « #8 on: Yesterday at 11:35:35 PM » 
The Yoruba people were yorubas when they got to Western part of Nigeria, or before? I have an opinion that they were already yorubas when they separated from the larger/mother group and decided to undertake the journey which finally led them to their present place in Nigeria. This is a set up for my core argument.

An Igbo woman migrated to America, from Aba. So she said to a friend from Ankara, Turkey that she is an Umochukwu woman. So the Ankara woman ignorantly told a friend from Tehran that this Igbo woman is the first Umochukwu person, ever. But an Igbo man was listening, to the two ignorant persons conversation about Umochukwu people. Of course, he had to tell them that before they met the Dr. from Aba, in Texas, there had been many Umochukwu who lived in Texas. Infact, most residents of Aba are Umochukwu people.

**Osisi. Now you dig? Before Jesus, before Muhammad, definitely there were muslims, bowing their wills to Allah. Ibrahim was not a Jew and was not a Christian. Definitely, was not an idolworshipper, which was the reason he left his people. Now, you can navigate the maze yourself. If you still want me to leadyou, I will.

The  Ankara woman should have simply said that was the first she had met.
So the what laws or beliefs did the person practicing Islam before Muhammed follow? If the person did not have the Qur'an as a guide the person would have turned to the Holy Bible or to the Jewish books. How would the person know about Allah before bowing his will to him?

olabowale:

Show is the documents that will prove by predating Islam. While you are at it, please define what is Islam? And who are muslims in a generic sense? Was Ibrahim a jew or christian or idol worshipper by religion? Was Moses a Jew by religion, considering how Judaism is practiced, today? Moses never prayed at the wailing wall. He never nodded his head at any wall.

Was Jesus a Jew by religion, since we already know that he was not a Christian or idolworshipper? Did Jesus not prostrate his face at the garden of geshimane? Who prostrate their faces in worship of god, Jews, Christians or Muslims? And there was Islam long time before Muhammad. Muhammad was not the first of the muslims, on earth. But Islam, as a process was completed in full, without anything to add on the Messengership of Muhammad (AS).

If the codified book of muslims makes important references to Jewish books then what more are you looking for?
He was a Jew by birth and in the early part of his life practiced Judaism.
Re: Just One Message by babs787(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2009
@Thehomer

The religion that Jesus brought was based on Judaism with some modifications. Moses and Jesus were Jews. Moses gave the laws in Judaism while Jesus started with Judaism then went on with his religion.

How did you arrive at Jesus bringing religion when Christian here, even Davidylan said he didnt bring any religion. Christianity was started after his demise without him having any knowledge of it.That also leave me to ask you, how come Jesus brought a different religion, doctrines from those before him?

If the codified book of muslims makes important references to Jewish books then what more are you looking for?
He was a Jew by birth and in the early part of his life practiced Judaism.

How come he practised Judaism but his teachings run contrary by that as said by Christians. You could also read OT and NT for the difference.
Re: Just One Message by thehomer: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
babs787:

@Thehomer

How did you arrive at Jesus bringing religion when Christian here, even Davidylan said he didnt bring any religion. Christianity was started after his demise without him having any knowledge of it.
Christianity was different from other religions being practiced then. He had disciples who were supposed to go out and spread the word.

babs787:

That also leave me to ask you, how come Jesus brought a different religion, doctrines from those before him?
Do you mean why he brought a different religion? Well he did say he was the son of the God Jews were worshiping.

babs787:

How come he practised Judaism but his teachings run contrary by that as said by Christians. You could also read OT and NT for the difference.

I said he practiced Judaism in the early part of his life. He modified some of the teachings.
Re: Just One Message by babs787(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2009
@TheHomer

Christianity was different from other religions being practiced then. He had disciples who were supposed to go out and spread the word.

Did he start christianity or was started after him? Is there any fact that the disciples were christians. What religion perse did he practised since he practised Judaism with a slight modification?

Can God sent prophets with different religion, message?

Do you mean why he brought a different religion? Well he did say he was the son of the God Jews were worshiping.

Since Jews practiced Judaism and Jesus happened to His son as said by christians, do we say Jesus practised judaism or invent his own religion not forgetting that he said he didnt come to annul but to fulfil and we learnt he didnt bring anything different from those before him.

I said he practiced Judaism in the early part of his life. He modified some of the teachings.

Jesus didnt bring anything different from those before him. God sent all of them with same message but after his demise, those claiming to be christians turned everything upside down, infusing doctrines he never preached nor commanded them to. We also should know that NT supposed to be given to him during his time because that should be what he used to preach but going through today's NT, it was written after his demise which ought not to be.

Do you have it anywhere that he practised judaism?

(1) (Reply)

Worshippers Disappointed As Yar’adua Fails To Pray At National Mosque. / Please Leave Our Bank Alone! / Open Letter To Arewa Non-muslim Youths - Written By Abdulhamid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.