Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke (25060 Views)

Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Theultimate(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
A jest? after calling Allah's name more three times?

Nigerians do twist ehn!

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Victortee1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
Every sane individual knows that but the pdp
God bless U man! #lesson : be careful of a drowning man. Wat was d context and content of d meeting? Dt has become immaterial. Am happy to knw there are very intelligent, discerning and Sane NLDERS
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Anny45: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
What a shame! Because you have been promised an appointment abi? If it was a joke as u say it is,why has Oba not said he wasn't serious? Abeg,enough of this damage control nonsense,the damage is done already biko
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by m4una(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Make the Oba serious small, leave joke. A little understanding of the book of Ecclesiastes 'll be of great help to him.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by deeLima86(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Akilou opened himself to insult and as a good person l gladly insulted him
Lol! So where does two wrong makes a right?
Mind you, it doesn't change the fact that your Igbo head in Lagos will still go to the palace and pay the oba his due homage. While you keep fighting the air.
So calm down Oga
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by totorimi: 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
SO IF SOMEONE INSULTS YOU AND LAUGH ABOUT IT YOU CALL IT A JOKE. SO YOU CAN NOW SEE HOW THESE PEOPLE ARE SELLING THE IBO DIGNITY OFF LITTLE BY LITTLE.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ArodeTsolaye: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let us allow this Oba-Igbo matter die a natural death.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Benice007(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

COWARD, COME OUT FROM YOUR CLOSEST AND RUN YOUR FUCKING GARBAGE MOUTH AND SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WESTERNERS. ASHAWO PIKIN, ORISPUTUJUS. AMARAKOH, BORN THROWAWAY.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Demmzy15(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:

Very true bro,

Ilorin belongs to Yorubas
Lagos belongs to Yorubas
Bauchi belongs to Hausa-Fulani

No one can come and take over another man's land, maybe the Oba was annoyed about the 'Ibos' claiming Lagos! I can't blame him but he has to be be careful!
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by oneeast: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
JIMI we know. cool
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ezeagu(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Swearing in Allah's name and calling himself a bastard while making visible threats are how people joke in his village

O dikwa egwu!
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ayobase(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I said the same yesterday and I got over 50 mentions. Most of them abusing and cursing

It is important that you look at the video to understand his statement contextually. The Igbo leaders there were laughing and smiling, they wont have done so if they felt threatened.

You need to see the response of Igbos on twitter to Pat Utomi's tweets
, they have been cursing since morning.

Una go tire and on Monday you will wake up to a brand new shinny Governor- Mr Ambode cheesy cheesy

"....... The Igbo leaders there were laughing and smiling, they wont have done so if they felt threatened....."
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by shamecurls(m): 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
WHY IS JIMI SELLING LAGOS STATE TO THE NDIGBOS?

Yorubas are very decent, peaceful, accommodating and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos. And Jimi Agbaje is the cause of all this.

We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU, if it is indeed true, but let us ask ourselves one important question:

WHY IS OBA AKIOLU SEEMS ANGRY WITH IGBOS?

My answers are:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY HONEST QUESTIONS TO IGBOS ARE THESE:

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT THIS IN HIS DOMAIN ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN'S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions. Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war and divisibility.
And to Jimi Agbaje, stop selling Lagos to the control of the Ndigbos because of your inordinate ambition to be governor of Lagos at all cost.

GOD BLESS YORUBA AND THE NDIGBOS
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by savanto: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
lolababe331e:
When you listen to the audio below you will agree with him. Clearly the Igbo leaders were laughing and cracking jokes with the Oba after his speech and promising allegiance to him

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

They Igbo leaders knew that they should not reply back or vent their anger in an 'unsecured' environment which they found themselves.

It was better to laugh it off there so as not to incur the wrath of their host. We all know how a palace looks like. It isn't the kind of place you will take a battle to.

In other words, they hoped to come out alive to be able to tell their story which we all are privileged to hear now.

Igbos and non-Igbos should exercise their franchise by voting the candidate of their choice without fear or favour.

Please let us let this over-flogged matter to rest as nobody wins a war.

Ikedinobi
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Truckpusher(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This is a very expensive joke from a jester and tout turned oba.This Joke can lead to war with numerous casualities.Numerous tribalistic threads has been created because of this joke.
Pat Utomi seems to be losing it everyday I swear.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayobase:
well well.....we can say PEJ as well was joking with the Northerners.

I shouldn't be surprised if life jacket biz is now trending over there in Lag. God do surely bless the hustle.

I just love naija. nothing fit weigh us down. we make opportunities from an opportunity.

N.B
Pls make all my Igbo friends stay away from any form of
water (may it be swimming pool, bath tub, gutter,
ogbara, cup of water and what have you) come Saturday.
God shall watch over us all and surprise our enemies. We
shall not hear stories that touch the bone.

#edited
you cracked me up'cant stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by ozoigbondu: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Pat Utomi seems to be losing it everyday I swear.

He wants to be minister of water no mind am grin
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Truckpusher(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:

He wants to be minister of water no mind am grin
Minister of the mammy waters in the Lagoon I guess. grin grin
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Every tribe is guilty of tribalism. Igbo,yoruba and hausa. Let's bury the hatchet and move forward.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by grandlexuz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
I tire Naija as a country.. How is it even possible for the Oba of Lagos to throw every Igbo man in Lagos into the Lagoon.. It is very obvious the guy was joking with respect to the just concluded Presidential election.. However some were quick to use it to their political advantage! Imagine a cow cursing because the nomad has said it must jump over the moon if it does not produce 5 liters of milk in the morning.. Na waoh!
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Obynolee(f): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
gistyinka:
Pat Utomi has come out to defend the Oba of Lagos on his alleged threat to life of Igbos in Lagos. The renowned political economist told
Nigerians on Twitter that if they knew the Oba they would have known he only made the statement out of jest and never me...

http://gistyinka.net/matter-arising-he-says-worse-to-me-pat-utomi-defend-the-oba-of-lagos-provacative-comment/

Prof.i have so much respect for you but i must say that i am highly disappointed in you on this.He is "joking" when he is swearing to God and calling himself a bastard if his threat didn't happen?,we have so many sick people in this country marouding as leaders in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Edunwa302(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
gistyinka:
Pat Utomi has come out to defend the Oba of Lagos on his alleged threat to life of Igbos in Lagos. The renowned political economist told
Nigerians on Twitter that if they knew the Oba they would have known he only made the statement out of jest and never me...

http://gistyinka.net/matter-arising-he-says-worse-to-me-pat-utomi-defend-the-oba-of-lagos-provacative-comment/

Den he shld leave dt throne very fast en do collabo wt basketmouth...........think he ll do better dere dan such throne
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by anigold(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
gistyinka:

who is this ex-presidential-aspirant
trying to be relevant....

you are neither apc nor pdp...

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Obynolee(f): 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This is a very expensive joke from a jester and tout turned oba.This Joke can lead to war with numerous casualities.Numerous tribalistic threads has been created because of this joke.

Not too surprise by the outburst afterall he retired from Nigerian Police Force
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by frankzone: 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I said the same yesterday and I got over 50 mentions. Most of them abusing and cursing

It is important that you look at the video to understand his statement contextually. The Igbo leaders there were laughing and smiling, they wont have done so if they felt threatened.

You need to see the response of Igbos on twitter to Pat Utomi's tweets
, they have been cursing since morning.

Una go tire and on Monday you will wake up to a brand new shinny Governor- Mr Ambode cheesy cheesy
So you expected the Igbo leaders to be frowning when they were still in his palace? You've never heard of cosmetic smile usually applied with wisdom in a tactful manner? Oh... you're not Igbo!
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by crackhouse(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Which kind of election joke is that? Or do we call it an election threat joke.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Obynolee(f): 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
lolababe331e:
When you listen to the audio below you will agree with him. Clearly the Igbo leaders were laughing and cracking jokes with the Oba after his speech and promising allegiance to him

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

And you expect them not to play along at that moment,maybe protest?
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
paulolee:
kk... pat utomi defend d Oba means dt wi all shud defend d Oba abi??
all dis apc Peps self eeh
wen FFK, Fayose n PEJ was ranting wrubbish, u wr quick to throw stones oo
abeg click like for abaje n shares for J.K

Who is Agbaje and who is JK?
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by osholuamhe: 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whether jest or no jest. Let him apologise and let every hulabaloo stop!
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
gistyinka:

Getting tired of Igbos. U complain of everything. Social media madness.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Ekaka1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Kings have jesters in their palaces but instead lagos has a jester for king....wahala dey ooo !!! shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:

are the hausas also gwarris cos I always taught abuja is a northern state. but since dey call it FCT I don't even understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami: "EFCC Recovered $2tn From Looters In 12 Years" / Lagosians Protest Against Governor Ambode's Anti-People Policies (Photos) / The Day Tinubu Reaped What He Sowed By Bayo Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.