Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. (2940 Views)

Fayose On His Knees As Eze Akaji Of Igbo Land Prays For Him At Ekiti Govt House / MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land / Ban Eze Ndigbo Title Outside Igbo Land - Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
We are in a one Nigeria only united by oil and nothing else. I now that it is hypocritical for people to be happy to see their places developed with resources from another part of Nigeria but frown when people from another part of Nigeria migrate to those states, I know it is hypocritical for people to receive monthly allocation from money coming from another part of Nigeria but will not allow people from another part of the country make use of their constitutional rights in their states.

However, I think and strongly believe that we should forget those things and think home.
We should act like the northerners when it comes to elections by voting in our states. What is the point of registering in Kano but not being able to come out on that day to vote? What is the point of registering in Lagos but not being able to vote for your preferred candidate for fear of being drowned in the lagoon? From now henceforth, we should encourage our people outside the east to travel to their home towns to register for voting. Those who are already registered voters should start applying for transfer to a polling unit in their hometowns ahead of the next elections, it is a very easy process.
Continued..

4 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
You might want to argue that Igbos need to participate in the voting process to elect someone who will protect their Business and social interest, but let us look at it this way, if we all get to participate in the voting process in our states and continuously vote in the best hands for governors and representatives, it won't be long before those who feel uncomfortable outside the South east will be able to relocate to any state in the South east and find a good job or carry on with whatever business they were doing in Lagos.
Lagos is not bigger than any state in the east, if it is about the sea port, there are a lot of dormant seaports around us and a seaport in Obuaku Abia state is also feasible. By participating in the electoral process in our states, we can elect leaders who will lobby to get those seaports functional, we can elect leaders who will come together and make sure the Obuaku seaport in Abia becomes a reality.
With good roads (provided by the competent governors we elect) leading to the Akwa Ibom, Calabar or Port Harcourt, any business man can live comfortably in the east and make use of those seaports. All these can be achieved if we participate in the electoral process in our states and elect the best candidates.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
We cannot continue to deceive ourselves.
What the Oba of Lagos said is a joke compared to what happens in the north, our people don't even dare coming out to vote in Kano on the election day that is if they are even in this state on that day. Why waste your voters card? We are now made to look like minority because many of our people registered outside our state and most don't even have the freedom to vote on that day.

INEC's Guidelines for Transfer of Registered Voters
- Step 1-
- The person who intends to transfer his registration will write an application to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where he is currently residing. (even if you aren't based in your state, just go there and apply)
- Step 2-
- The applicant will attach his voters card to the application.
- Step 3-
- The applicant must apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner not later than 30 days before the date of an election in the constituency where he is residing.
- Step 4-
- The Resident Electoral Commissioner will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area to enter his name in the transferred voters list. -
Step 5-
- The Electoral Officer will assign the applicant to a polling unit in his constituency.
- Step 6-
- The Electoral Officer will issue the applicant with a new voters card
- Step 7-
- The Electoral officer will retrieve the applicants previous voters card
- Step 8-
- He will then send a copy of the entry to the Electoral officer of the constituency where the person whose name has been so entered was originally registered.
- Step 9-
- Upon receipt of this entry, that Electoral Officer shall delete the name from his voters list.
www.inecnigeria.org/?page_id=2051
Lalasticlala ishilove seun please this is a plea from the deepest part of my heart. I will appreciate it greatly if it is taken to the front page.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
It doesn't make sense. Most people were disenfranchised because of this. Will you travel for the presidential elections, come back to your base and travel again for the governorship?

Register where you reside, not even your working place (there is no movement on election days) and make your vote, count!

2 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by seankafor(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
God keeps blessing our hustles. Half of the countries lagislators are notherners but their children are selling suya in our streets. I pity those fools. Go to north . Their average house is a mud but they control power. Even the yorubas by the time we leave lagos for them. That day they will not only cry a river but a lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:
It doesn't make sense. Most people were disenfranchised because of this. Will you travel for the presidential elections, come back to your base and travel again for the governorship?

Register where you reside, not even your working place (there is no movement on election days) and make your vote, count!

The northerners do it, we can do it. You can travel even a day to the election if you wish.
What is the point of registering in Kano and to being able to vote? Why not use that voters card to vote in the right leader in your state thereby contributing to its development?
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
seankafor:
God keeps blessing our hustles. Half of the countries lagislators are notherners but their children are selling suya in our streets. I pity those fools. Go to north . Their average house is a mud but they control power. Even the yorubas by the time we leave lagos for them. That day they will not only cry a river but a lagoon.
This thread is not for this rubbish.
Maybe you need to read again, carefully.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by EdCure: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:

This thread is not for this rubbish.
Maybe you need to read again, carefully.
Unfortunately, your thread will not trend if it does not descend to this and the usual Anambra versus other ibos dick contest.
That is what the ibos are good at.

4 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:

The northerners do it, we can do it. You can travel even a day to the election if you wish.
What is the point of registering in Kano and to being able to vote? Why not use that voters card to vote in the right leader in your state thereby contributing to its development?

The logistics is not right. Also consider the risk in travelling up and down just to register (1), collect your card(2) and cast votes. It will be like travelling for Xmas.

INEC used this idea in this elections and many people are disenfranchised already.

Register close to where you reside, and vote there.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

The logistics is not right. Also consider the risk in travelling up and down just to register (1), collect your card(2) and cast votes. It will be like travelling for Xmas.

INEC used this idea in this elections and many people are disenfranchised already.

At the risk of being drowned in Lagos or being slaughtered in Kano? It seems like you are a kid but if you are an adult, you should be very ashamed of yourself. Are the northerners who do it immune to the logistic issues?
Many Igbos especially in the north travel home during elections anyway, so why register in the north and travel to the east prior to the election wasting your vote? Or not be able to come out that day and vote?
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by PedroJP(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
The best as it stands now will br for all to push for disintegration from Dis present Nigeria where we are being seen as threat. Then, it doesn't matter yoruba's treat us as foreigners while we do same as or all sends their natives back to their home. We will all survive. Divide this country, things will set and we will survive any hardship it may bring and enjoy much glory and sovereignity.

1 Like

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by Geraucald(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Now u seemed to know how annoying Igbos are sometimes, by spreading in other's lands like plague. But then you can also be the cure, so do the needful pls.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by bewla(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
VOTE FOR OUR MAN AMBODE WE BEG UNA NO SPOIL THINGS HERE
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by PedroJP(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

Are u not tired of dis union called Nigeria ? For us to disintegrate doesn't necessarily mean we will lose our stakes in different regions or are there no longer foreigners in people's lands anymore. Let's agitate and win our freedom and do things and make policies our own way as our ideas doesn't match with that of Yorubas and Hausas in this union fraudulently called Nigeria. Our geographical size doesn't matter as Isreal can't boast of geographical size

1 Like

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
PedroJP:
The best as it stands now will br for all to push for disintegration from Dis present Nigeria where we are being seen as threat. Then, it doesn't matter yoruba's treat us as foreigners while we do same as or all sends their natives back to their home. We will all survive. Divide this country, things will set and we will survive any hardship it may bring and enjoy much glory and sovereignity.
It is a gradual process. We can start by relocating our votes to the east and then relocating ourselves after the good leaders we have elected must have made things more conducisve.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by PedroJP(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Geraucald:
Now u seemed to know how annoying Igbos are sometimes, by spreading in others lands like plague. But then you can also be the cure, so do the needful pls.

To hell with ur land. Y don't u divide this union and have us as foreigners as u are taking us there already. If we are plague to ur land, pls put a stop to it by dividing this nation so dat we go our separate ways. Once ur policies to foreigners doesn't suit us, we can match to other places and equally have ours too to maintain level. As simple as that.

Seems, what the WEST predicted, is not a bad idea for 2015 though. At least, we can treat each other as neigbouring nations with respect, considering their various powers.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by PedroJP(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:

It is a gradual process. We can start by relocating our votes to the east and then relocating ourselves after the good leaders we have elected must have made things more conducisve.

Yea, a gradual process but we need to hasten up b4 they burn us all with their dark minds. I wonder what our movement agitators are doing. Make allies within the continent and outside it, once u achieve that, demand for separation peacefully, if not granted in peace, then any other way can follow. Nothing is more precious than knowing that u are a native of a place u are valued. Nobody shud fear for what we stand to lose in a divided Nigeria. Things will set in itself as it always does. Moreover after the war, nothing was given back but today, it surprises them. Imagine Dat Guy of Eurobomber opening a thread shouting " we are sorry" here and there as if we are in another country hosting us as fugitives and freed slaves. Igbos stand to gain a lot in a divided Nigeria.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:
At the risk of being drowned in Lagos or being slaughtered in Kano? It seems like you are a kid but if you are an adult, you should be very ashamed of yourself. Are the northerners who do it immune to the logistic issues?
Many Igbos especially in the north travel home during elections anyway, so why register in the north and travel to the east prior to the election wasting your vote? Or not be able to come out that day and vote?

When intellectual discuss are being carried out, the least we want is insults.

Answer this question truthfully in your mind..

1. Where did you register? ..In your home town or the place where you live and work?

2. Did you vote? ..Did you travel to vote for the presidential elections and will you travel for the governorship?

I know many people that will love to vote now but couldn't because of risk and travel expenses. Many people can't leave their work, business and be on the road/air/water for elections.

If there is no violence, like we saw in the last elections, why travel?
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
PedroJP:

Are u not tired of dis union called Nigeria ? For us to disintegrate doesn't necessarily mean we will lose our stakes in different regions or are there no longer foreigners in people's lands anymore. Let's agitate and win our freedom and do things and make policies our own way as our ideas doesn't match with that of Yorubas and Hausas in this union fraudulently called Nigeria. Our geographical size doesn't matter as Isreal can't boast of geographical size

No, bro.

Nigeria needs a reset ..serious reorientation. Tribalism is a deadly cankerworm that has eaten deep into our systems.

We draw our strengths from our differences and uniqueness.

I just feel everybody should sheathe our swords in its scabbard.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

When intellectual discuss are being carried out, the least we want is insults.

Answer this question truthfully in your mind..

1. Where did you register? ..In your home town or the place where you live and work?

2. Did you vote? ..Did you travel to vote for the presidential elections and will you travel for the governorship?

I know many people that will love to vote now but couldn't because of risk and travel expenses. Many people can't leave their work, business and be on the road/air/water for elections.

If there is no violence, like we saw in the last elections, why travel?
You have taken the discuss below intellectual level by hiding away from reality.
I registered and voted in the east. The reality is that many Igbos especially from the north are already in the east and will not go back until the elections is completely over, so does it make sense for them to register in the north knowing that they won't vote there? Remember it isn't the first time! Do you think the no violence situation would have been the same had the Igbos in Kano come out em masse to vote GEJ? Do you realise that the Oba's outburst is because of the way Igbos closed the gap between GEJ and Buhari in Lagos? What if GEJ had won? Would we have experienced peace as we are experiencing now? You see why I say you sound like a kid?
Every election time, northerners in the east and South travel back to the north for their safety and are able to vote because they registered there, while Igbos who travel back to the east are not able to vote because the registered in the north, are you comfortable with that situation? Do you know how many Igbo votes are lost as a result? Why not use those votes to bring in good leaders in your states.
Your logistic question is absolute rubbish as long as northerners continue to do it and Igbos continue to travel back to the east during elections. Be realistic and stop pretending like things are the way you want them to be.
Some of you call northerners fools but they keep peoving to be wiser than us time after time.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

No, bro.

Nigeria needs a reset ..serious reorientation. Tribalism is a deadly cankerworm that has eaten deep into our systems.

We draw our strengths from our differences and uniqueness.

I just feel everybody should sheathe our swords in its scabbard.

Why don't you press the reset button and get it done? Why must Igbos continue to be at the butt of this because we refuse to think home as encouraged by unrealistic people like you?
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by Omila007: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
I don't know about travelling for elections but igbos need to arise and achieve the full potential of igboland.

Every governor should make it a priority to attract investors and industries to igboland.
it is disheartening that a high percentage of igbo graduates zoom out of the land after graduation.

Igbos remain an endangered tribe in this sham of a country. It beats me why they seem ignorant of this obvious fact.

1 Like

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by ComradeAbu(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Igbos don be hot cake for Lagos.
see begging, Confessions and disclaimers only for Igbos.

Please accept their apologies and vote APC
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by Omila007: 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:
Why don't you press the reset button and get it done? Why must Igbos continue to be at the butt of this because we refuse to thik home as encouraged by unrealistic people like you?

Nwanne umuigbo amacha gi ihe.
this nonsense has been going on for long.
I personally blame the igbo leaders.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Omila007:

Nwanne umuigbo amacha gi ihe.
this nonsense has been going on for long.
I personally blame the igbo leaders.
The foolishness has reached alarming levels.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:
Why don't you press the reset button and get it done? Why must Igbos continue to be at the butt of this because we refuse to think home as encouraged by unrealistic people like you?

OK, force them to come home na ..person wey get estate for Lagos

..Clown.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by sCun: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

OK, force them to come home na ..person wey get estate for Lagos

..Clown.
I wasn't wrong when I called you a kid
So all Igbos in Lagos own estates?
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:
You have taken the discuss below intellectual level by hiding away from reality.
I registered and voted in the east. The reality is that many Igbos especially from the north are already in the east and will not go back until the elections is completely over, so does it make sense for them to register in the north knowing that they won't vote there? Remember it isn't the first time! Do you think the no violence situation would have been the same had the Igbos in Kano come out em masse to vote GEJ? Do you realise that the Oba's outburst is because of the way Igbos closed the gap between GEJ and Buhari in Lagos? What if GEJ had won? Would we have experienced peace as we are experiencing now? You see why I say you sound like a kid?
Every election time, northerners in the east and South travel back to the north for their safety and are able to vote because they registered there, while Igbos who travel back to the east are not able to vote because the registered in the north, are you comfortable with that situation? Do you know how many Igbo votes are lost as a result? Why not use those votes to bring in good leaders in your states.
Your logistic question is absolute rubbish as long as northerners continue to do it and Igbos continue to travel back to the east during elections. Be realistic and stop pretending like things are the way you want them to be.
Some of you call northerners fools but they keep peoving to be wiser than us time after time.

You are so ignorant.

If you can't stay in your chosen location during elections, there is no need to hustle in that place, simple. Violence can also occur right here in my village, otuoke or Nnewi ..anywhere.

It is not only during elections, that violence erupt.

If you are innovative, you would have proposed that INEC ..

..I don't want my idea stolen again.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by dunkem21(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
sCun:

I wasn't wrong when I called you a kid
So all Igbos in Lagos own estates?

Matured man, bundle dem for trailer so that they can register and vote.

So, I go leave Abuja on friday begin go Nnewi make I go vote for house of assembly elections?

Continue deceiving and deluding yourself from reality.
Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by Adegbodolu1: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
I WILL RECOMMEND A SPECIAL LEVY ON IGBOS IN LAGOS AND COLLECTABLE BY THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT ON BEHALF OF SOUTH EAST STATES. THE LEVY IS STRICTLY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOUTH EASTERN STATES PAYABLE BY IGBO LAGOS RESIDENTS ONLY. THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT IRRESPONSIBLE RUN-AWAY IGBOS HIDING AWAY IN LAGOS DO NOT ESCAPE PAYING FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR HOMELAND.

1 Like

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by abduljabbar8: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
seankafor:
Selling suya is better than prostitution, theft, sale of stolen goods, armed robbery, baby manufacturing, drug trafficking, child trafficking, etc. Look at what happened today. An Ibo man was caught trying to export drugs and he said he is not regretting. Isn't that stupid?
Foolish parasites. Just today!

3 Likes

Re: My Advice And Plea To My Igbo Brothers In Lagos And Outside Igbo Land. by Collynzo9: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

Matured man, bundle dem for trailer so that they can register and vote.

So, I go leave Abuja on friday begin go Nnewi make I go vote for house of assembly elections?

Continue deceiving and deluding yourself from reality.
No don't do it.
Continue to remain a second class citizen

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Recalls Political Appointees Serving As Envoys Abroad / Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment / Most Handsome State Governor In Nigeria /pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.