Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria (33986 Views)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing PMI Index Rises By 23% In Dec 2016 – Fbnquest / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2015
great, i have always been interested in manufacturing and textile manufacturing is on my mind, also vehicle spare parts like brake pads, side mirror,brake oil etc. any suggestion on how to get machines on brake oil production and textile production?
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Goahead(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2015
calebu:
What of a bomb making factory
Dummy brain

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by prince4pro(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2015
calebu:
if only DSS has the technology to track, they should be at your door right about now.

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2015
calebu:
mumu.

3 Likes

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by alikor2(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Ops Watin u still dey wait for?? grin grin grin grin grin
you for done start am since grin grin grin grin

For latest news and [b]LK[/b]videos visit: www.tristargist..com grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by mytime24(f): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2015
calebu:
hmm
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by igbsam(m): 7:26am On Apr 09, 2015
very informative.

Thank you Op
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by bright87: 7:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Good to find something educating on here as it's being a while.. Too much of "politics lately, girlfriend and boyfriend Shiit !!!"
Thanks OP !

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Nwachiizu(m): 7:35am On Apr 09, 2015
One of the biggest challenges in Nigeria is power

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Raylight2(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2015
bookmarked
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:
I think this is awesome.
Na you write, na you dey also talk about nice and awesome.

Anyway, it is a good development. I will advise you take up a consulting in this field. Partner with all Nairalanders who renders each of the steps you mentioned above, for example, I can handle the registration aspect. You need to source for clearing and forwarding agent, masons, finance house, companies manufacturing machine and tools or their rep in Nigeria, real estate agent for the siting of the company etc. Such that all the entrepreneur needs is to pay you for consulting and everybody needed for the manufacturing business is already sourced on Nairaland and infact put together in a handbook that can be sold in addition for the consulting.

By this, you would have rendered services, get paid and be a blessing to other Nairalanders or Nigerians at large.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by AkpanUnanam(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2015
this is one of the Reason i'm Here in NAIRALAnd

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by ThundrCork(m): 7:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by 1k001(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2015
I've always wanted to go into manufacturing but the challenges are too much currently.

First one has to supply one's own power, water and security. Has to source for expensive equipment with this bad exchange rate currently. After all this hustle then to find the right kind of staff with the right kind of expertise that would do a honest day's job is another headache. Per chance all this is figured out then one has to deal with the drama of distribution. Finding transportation options on the poor roads, not easy. Costs still await in marketing and getting shelf space or partner distributors as the case may be.

There are no doubt huge opportunities, what is most needed to succeed is deep pockets and a lot of patience I respect the manufacturers currently in the space, it's not easy at all. Maybe i'll join in the future but for now i'm sticking to tech: low overheads, high margins!

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by bosunjohns(m): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:
SWOT Analysis:

Structured planning method used to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats involved in a project or in a business venture.

• Strengths:

What advantages does your organization have?
What do you do better than anyone else?
What unique or lowest-cost resources can you draw upon that others can’t?
What do people in your market see as your strengths?
What factors mean that you “get the sale”?

Consider your strengths from both an internal perspective, and from the point of view of your customers and people in your market.

• Weaknesses:

What could you improve?
What should you avoid?
What are people in your market likely to see as weaknesses?
What factors lose you sales?

Consider this from an internal and external basis: Do other people seem to perceive weaknesses that you don’t see?

• Opportunities:

What good opportunities can you spot?
What interesting trends are you aware of?
Changes in technology and markets on both a broad and narrow scale.
Changes in government policy related to your field.

• Threats:

What obstacles do you face?
What are your competitors doing?
Are quality standards or specifications for your job, products or services changing?
Is changing technology threatening your position?
Do you have bad debt or cash-flow problems?
Could any of your weaknesses seriously threaten your business?

Source: http://www.enterpriseboom.com/how-to-start-a-manufacturing-company-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by lekanjohn(m): 8:13am On Apr 09, 2015
JOIN THE THE MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (MAN)

@ 77,OBAFEMI AWOLOWO WAY iKEJA LAGOS.

www.manufacturersnigeria.org
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by kpeteman(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice one op, how do one start a leather manufacturing company... with limited resources?
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by internetpo(m): 8:39am On Apr 09, 2015
cool nice article unfortunately am not into manufacturing. Nice though really informative.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by SirAweezy(m): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2015
This guy op, just downloaded one of Nigeria Institute Public Relation (NIPR) syllabus. It is well lol
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by ewizard1: 9:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice article!

** My services on my sign!
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Visocrate(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Giving you the best, creative and intuitive mind of the first quarter of the year. God will bless you for this thread. To those that depend on government for everything take this and use it to the best of your financial emancipation and freedom.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by onaf: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Here are my email address for any manufacturing equipment you need for FOOD AND BEVERAGE industry.I will provide you consulting service in selecting the right equipment for Free.If you need me for the start up of your company, i will provide all technical support guarantee start up and continuous operations of your plant.I will also provide training for your operative.

I have more 14 years in food and beverage start up,operation, maintenance and project management.

Contact David 07030232371, Email: davidonabajo@gmail.com, zgboilerng@gmail.com, zgboilernigeria@gmail.com.

You can reach via any of the email addresses above.And if you need me to come to your facility/plant for technical assistance and professional advice.Please feel free.

Regards

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Adesiji77: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Following....Real sector is the way to go
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by hahn(m): 10:52am On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:
Have you ever heard about the sayings that Nigeria is a consumer-driven economy? The Manufacturing sector in Nigeria is currently growing faster than the telecommunications, oil and gas and agricultural sectors. Nigeria’s large population of upwardly mobile consumers, coupled with investments in power, implies that the strong growth of manufacturers, including food producers and breweries, is sustainable. Manufacturers in ….Nigeria had attributed the remarkable increase recorded in capacity utilization within the last year to favorable government policies, especially with respect to industry, trade and investment. Manufacturing in Nigeria also potentially provides you more leverage from your investment of money than many other categories of business. Since you are adding value to raw materials, equipment, and capital costs, you can often be quite profitable.

How to start manufacturing in Nigeria:

Manufacturing can be challenging, but the rewards can be great — both emotionally and financially.
The first and the most important of all is, of course, an idea. I often hear people say, I need to make money and my question is, are you the government? It is absolutely illegal to make money. This idea- that you need to make money to have it – limits you to believing you must trade time for money. Quit thinking about making money and think in terms of collecting it. When you trade something of value with the public you will get money in return. However, if you are interested in how to start your own manufacturing business you most likely already know what you would like to produce. Nevertheless, it is crucial that you are absolutely sure that the product you wish to produce is actually needed. After all, you have to sell your product if you want to succeed. There are no guarantees that people will like your product, however, this is a risk every entrepreneur needs to take.

Things to do first:

• Idea about what to Manufacture
• Research on the products and its target market
• Find the location for your factory and office
• Register your company with the corporate affairs of Nigeria
• Raise funds from Loans, Savings, SMEs funding program, Donations.
• Buy the Machines needed (preferably from India or China).
• Assemble the Machines
• Employ few worker at first
• Start Manufacturing
• Promote your Products
• Sell Your products

Source: http://www.enterpriseboom.com/how-to-start-a-manufacturing-company-in-nigeria/

You have nice ideas, however atimes you write like you don't live in Nigeria. If you did you would have included a "power plant" in that list. The major reason why manufacturing and business in general have a hard time growing is because we have to generate our own electricity. Do you have any idea how much diesel you will have to purchase to be able to power a generator used to power a manufacturing machine?

Also, you wrote "preferably from China/India" in that list. Obviously you know nothing about machinery. The Chinese, most especially, are in the habit of cloning European machinery. What they do is they visit large fairs in Europe, buy the machines and go back to their countries to clone their own. As a result, they end up producing the same machines with lower production capacity and most times they are never concerned with spare parts. I know you probably said that because their machines are cheap but in manufacturing, you can never substitute quality for cheap price.

I once had a client who insisted on purchasing machinery from China and after 2 years the machines began to develop faults. My client had to travel all the way to China to request for parts from the company only to be laughed at and told "we don't sell parts". Another client bought machines and barely a month after using the machines, one of them exploded and killed a staff.

I know you mean well but your post shows you have no practical knowledge of manufacturing and how manufacturing machines work. Please, make a deeper research before recommending Chinese and Indian machines to people before they start wasting their capital.

Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by sleekch1c(f): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Bookmarked!!!
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by stevkc: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2015
For your borehole drilling and Generator maintenance and installation call 08069487971. Email stevkc2007@yahoo.com
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Thank U.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / Miriam Akin: Nigeria Auto And Kiddies Investor Marks Birthday With Amazing Photo / New Exchange Rate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.