Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria (33989 Views)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing PMI Index Rises By 23% In Dec 2016 – Fbnquest / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by onaf: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2015
To a large extent you are right about power which is a major challenge in manufacturing companies.I am not just interested in selling machine.I provide a total package for any of my client.I provide total business development package which include which type of product you want to produce and why do you want to produce such.i also provide detailed information on exist product in the marketing and how they are doing.I will also tell you companies that have produced similar products and why they failed.

Now on the issue of india and chinese machines, your friend might of bought machinery that they never produce change part for.There are some many companies in China that are producing machinery.When you want to buy equipment you need to make your finding very well.There are global certification required to be acquired by any company that produce equipment sent to European market.Those are the companies that i represent,people just want to buy equipment because they are cheap with out counting the cost .

Another problem with equipment durability is maintenance management,in this part of the world maintenance is really poor.Companies want to keep using equipment until they finally break down.let me also tell you that there is no equipment manufactured in China that you cannot get the change part in any part of the world provided the part are universal part,No single company has monopoly of spare part.The only machine manufacturer that have monopoly of their spare part of the equipment is Tetra Pak,the company manufacture all machinery used for Juice manufacturing which their major customers are CHI VITA,FUMMAN,NBC ,5ALIVE,DANSA JUICE AND OTHER COMPANY.

Because i am a core professional i know what it take for an investor to have value for their money and their investment to flourish.

I am available for further questions and clarification.

Regards

David 07030232371, davidonabajo@gmail.com
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by gowaga68: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2015
nice one there.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by onaf: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2015
On chinese and India, Lot of European equipment manufacturers are relocating their production plant to Chine.This is not become Chinese market is the best but because of the lower cost of manpower which is a driving factor in determine the price you will sell if your overhead is low.

Lots of big companies in Nigeria are now purchasing manufacturing equipment from China.Companies like DANGOTE,Fumman, Pharmaceutical Companies.Then you should ask me why?Because if you calculate the pay back period of your particular project and it is within 3-5 years is more advisable to buy China/India equipment which will last you an average of 5-7 years depending on your maintenance culture.

I am not here to promote mediocrity,but considering the economic situation and high unemployment rate .If this must change then entrepreneurial skill must be encourage and it must be then cost of start the business must come down drastically.If you insist on buying European machine the total cost of buying a complete production line from China may just buy one equipment from Europe,So how long will it take such individual to start the business not to talk of breaking even.

I am not just a technical person selling machinery.I have had senior managerial experience in all areas of business in manufacturing industry.

Buy the machineries from reputable and reliable companies with good technical and after sales support.That is why we decided to partner Chinese company so that the problem of maintenance,repair and avilable of spare part can be a thing of the past.

David -07030232371

Email:davidonabajo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
igbsam:
very informative.

Thank you Op

Thanks too
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
rexmozee2011:
yes Sir

Its working Sir.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
AdmiralRey:
Thank U.

Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
thecommunist:
great, i have always been interested in manufacturing and textile manufacturing is on my mind, also vehicle spare parts like brake pads, side mirror,brake oil etc. any suggestion on how to get machines on brake oil production and textile production?

Thanks
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
alikor2:
Ops Watin u still dey wait for?? grin grin grin grin grin
you for done start am since grin grin grin grin

For latest news and [b]LK[/b]videos visit: www.tristargist..com grin grin grin grin grin

I am manufacturing PVC Pipes , Solid Mineral resources like Calcium Carbonate, Calcite, Dolomite etc.... I have passion for business and like to share my ideas and experience to people. I feel happy doing that.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Interesting OP, I'm looking forward to participate in developing of our manufacturing sector. I'm seriously considering to start a tomato production.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Interesting OP, I'm looking forward to participate in developing of our manufacturing sector. I'm seriously considering to start a tomato production.

tomato paste production is a very lucrative business and tomato planting is also lucrative.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by Kayendy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
More easy to write dan to start. One... even dis op sef no fit just strt am.... e hard...
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Kayendy:
More easy to write dan to start. One... even dis op sef no fit just strt am.... e hard...

I think you are wrong. Don't be suprise that the OP is a Manufacturer, real estate developer and a tech start up Owner.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
onaf:
On chinese and India, Lot of European equipment manufacturers are relocating their production plant to Chine.This is not become Chinese market is the best but because of the lower cost of manpower which is a driving factor in determine the price you will sell if your overhead is low.

Lots of big companies in Nigeria are now purchasing manufacturing equipment from China.Companies like DANGOTE,Fumman, Pharmaceutical Companies.Then you should ask me why?Because if you calculate the pay back period of your particular project and it is within 3-5 years is more advisable to buy China/India equipment which will last you an average of 5-7 years depending on your maintenance culture.

I am not here to promote mediocrity,but considering the economic situation and high unemployment rate .If this must change then entrepreneurial skill must be encourage and it must be then cost of start the business must come down drastically.If you insist on buying European machine the total cost of buying a complete production line from China may just buy one equipment from Europe,So how long will it take such individual to start the business not to talk of breaking even.

I am not just a technical person selling machinery.I have had senior managerial experience in all areas of business in manufacturing industry.

Buy the machineries from reputable and reliable companies with good technical and after sales support.That is why we decided to partner Chinese company so that the problem of maintenance,repair and avilable of spare part can be a thing of the past.

David -07030232371

Email:davidonabajo@gmail.com
can u assist with textile production lines from china
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:

I am manufacturing PVC Pipes , Solid Mineral resources like Calcium Carbonate, Calcite, Dolomite etc.... I have passion for business and like to share my ideas and experience to people. I feel happy doing that.
do you use and extruder and where do you get your raw materials from. And are u located in lagos or its environs.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
thecommunist:
do you use and extruder and where do you get your raw materials from. And are u located in lagos or its environs.

Not in Lagos.. There are too much competitors that side. I am located in Onitsha.

Buy raw materians from many importers that import the PVC resins.. other ones like Calcium carbonate is widely produced in Nigeria in which the company also pulverize it. Some damaged pipes can be re used to if grinder with a small machine/
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:

Not in Lagos.. There are too much competitors that side. I am located in Onitsha.

Buy raw materians from many importers that import the PVC resins.. other ones like Calcium carbonate is widely produced in Nigeria in which the company also pulverize it. Some damaged pipes can be re used to if grinder with a small machine/
where did you get your machines from? Did you get them new or used or fabricated here in nigeria? Also why dont you use raw materials that are made from recycled PVC and grinded plastic waste or recycled nylon waste
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
thecommunist:

I will refer you to this http://www.enterpriseboom.com/how-to-start-a-pvc-pipe-manufacturing-company-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:

I will refer you to this http://www.enterpriseboom.com/how-to-start-a-pvc-pipe-manufacturing-company-in-nigeria/
one more question, when u ssid competition is too much in lagos side, what kind of competetion do u mean?. Is it the competion for the market?
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
thecommunist:
one more question, when u ssid competition is too much in lagos side, what kind of competition do u mean?. Is it the competion for the market?

There are more Manufactures of the product in Lagos and most Markets or Whole salers or retailers have their constant supplier or chosen supplier. So for you to outshine and win a stake in the market share.. You will have to start with much money, speed up production, lower product price, advertise more, produce high quality product..

I mostly advice beginners with relatively small money to start small and grow. So that they your product will showcased in Lagos market, it will have tag name that it is a big company in Ondo or Kano or Imo or bayelsa. You will come to Lag as a big company and can easily have some market share.

Hope it helps.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
wilsonl:

There are more Manufactures of the product in Lagos and most Markets or Whole salers or retailers have their constant supplier or chosen supplier. So for you to outshine and win a stake in the market share.. You will have to start with much money, speed up production, lower product price, advertise more, produce high quality product..

I mostly advice beginners with relatively small money to start small and grow. So that they your product will showcased in Lagos market, it will have tag name that it is a big company in Ondo or Kano or Imo or bayelsa. You will come to Lag as a big company and can easily have some market share.

Hope it helps.
thanks
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by thecommunist(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
@OP : please just out of curousity,do you have any knowledge of vehicle rubber tyre production?
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
thecommunist:
@OP : please just out of curousity,do you have any knowledge of vehicle rubber tyre production?

No I don't Sir.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by hendricksuba: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
INSIGHTFUL WRITE UP.
POTENTIAL INVESTORS WHO WISHES TO GO INTO PARTNERSHIP IN MANUFACTURING OF FRUIT JUICE OF ALL VARIANTS, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES,IRISH CREAM, YOGHURT, CUSTARD POWDER (ALL VARIANTS),COLD WATER STARCH SHOULD REACH ME VIA MY EMAIL ADD; hendricksuba@yahoo.com FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION. I AWAIT.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by DonXavi(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
This is real nice.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by tecmon: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
I pray earnestly for a manufacturing Nigeria, where there will be no more fights over oil blocs
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 3:27am On Apr 10, 2015
DonXavi:
This is real nice.

Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
tecmon:
I pray earnestly for a manufacturing Nigeria, where there will be no more fights over oil blocs

You are very right.
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by GentleFrank(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
Thanks to the writer of this greate article! Indeed, he has done very well to give us an eye-opener. Our actions will give shape to this information and yield the maximum returns for us.

But before you proceed, it is quite pertinent that you should learn how to start your own business and become your own boss as soon as possible here http://www.businessparrot.com/2015/02/how-to-start-your-own-business-and-be.html?m=1

Cheers to you all from http:///www.BusinessParrot.com !!!
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
GentleFrank:
Thanks to the writer of this greate article! Indeed, he has done very well to give us an eye-opener. Our actions will give shape to this information and yield the maximum returns for us.

But before you proceed, it is quite pertinent that you should learn how to start your own business and become your own boss as soon as possible here http://www.businessparrot.com/2015/02/how-to-start-your-own-business-and-be.html?m=1

Cheers to you all from http:///www.BusinessParrot.com !!!

Thanks Sir!
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by afm4ever(m): 7:30am On Apr 11, 2015
wilsonl:
Have you ever heard about the sayings that Nigeria is a consumer-driven economy? The Manufacturing sector in Nigeria is currently growing faster than the telecommunications, oil and gas and agricultural sectors. Nigeria’s large population of upwardly mobile consumers, coupled with investments in power, implies that the strong growth of manufacturers, including food producers and breweries, is sustainable. Manufacturers in ….Nigeria had attributed the remarkable increase recorded in capacity utilization within the last year to favorable government policies, especially with respect to industry, trade and investment. Manufacturing in Nigeria also potentially provides you more leverage from your investment of money than many other categories of business. Since you are adding value to raw materials, equipment, and capital costs, you can often be quite profitable.

How to start manufacturing in Nigeria:

Manufacturing can be challenging, but the rewards can be great — both emotionally and financially.
The first and the most important of all is, of course, an idea. I often hear people say, I need to make money and my question is, are you the government? It is absolutely illegal to make money. This idea- that you need to make money to have it – limits you to believing you must trade time for money. Quit thinking about making money and think in terms of collecting it. When you trade something of value with the public you will get money in return. However, if you are interested in how to start your own manufacturing business you most likely already know what you would like to produce. Nevertheless, it is crucial that you are absolutely sure that the product you wish to produce is actually needed. After all, you have to sell your product if you want to succeed. There are no guarantees that people will like your product, however, this is a risk every entrepreneur needs to take.

Things to do first:

• Idea about what to Manufacture
• Research on the products and its target market
• Find the location for your factory and office
• Register your company with the corporate affairs of Nigeria
• Raise funds from Loans, Savings, SMEs funding program, Donations.
• Buy the Machines needed (preferably from India or China).
• Assemble the Machines
• Employ few worker at first
• Start Manufacturing
• Promote your Products
• Sell Your products

Source: http://www.enterpriseboom.com/how-to-start-a-manufacturing-company-in-nigeria/
where is ur location in onitsha?
Re: How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria by wilsonl: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / Miriam Akin: Nigeria Auto And Kiddies Investor Marks Birthday With Amazing Photo / New Exchange Rate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.