Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections (11282 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday / Nigeria Closes Land & Sea Borders For Upcoming Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by lalasticlala(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
The Federal Government has directed that all land borders be closed from midnight of Thursday to midnight of Sunday for the success of the governorship election.

Details later.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/breaking-news-governorship-election-fg-closes-borders/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by ChinemeOkpan: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
The elections will be peaceful

Nigerians overwhelmingly voted for Change in the presidential elections and they will do the same this weekend

10 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by bright007(f): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
good move
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by sammyj: 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
For PDP to loose again, Diaris god ooooo !!!!! cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by hotgunz(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by pieluvy(f): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice to know
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by KingsleyCEO: 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
That's my president speaking
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
they can close whatever,
APC is winning more states!
besides, did they not close it during presidential did that stop them from losing grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by SilentPrince: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
They'll close those very porous borders? I wonder how

10 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by NaijaOptimist: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
again.
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Sunnycliff(m): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Do you think It's really necessary

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by freshness2020: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
..we pray for another violence-free election.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by 2sureguy1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Evn border 2 heaven?

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by bright007(f): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
ok oo

I feel like hitting your head with a 2 by 2 plank for stealing my much desired FTC

lol

4 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by WILSON(f): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Joe Boy dey try

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by yungcyrus(m): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fwuck Buhari d mallu......fwuck Tinubu.........karma will hunt them for all the souls Bokoharam have wasted.

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Paulfish: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sunnycliff:
Do you think It's really necessary
i dont think so
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by ChinemeOkpan: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
bright007:

I feel like hitting your head with a 2 by 2 plank for stealing my much desired FTC

lol

No vex abeg lol

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by likel: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by efilefun(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lol
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Godjone(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
aanumama:
they can close whatevr,
APC is winning more states!
that he loose does not mean he will runaway from his responsibilities as the president. He still remains ur president for now take it or leave itgrin
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Elslim: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Change!

Buh dis wan wey members of PDP don de camp to APC finish.. I wonder where d change is
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Chanchit: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Na so dem dey close am when election remain one dAy dem go open am again.
All those chad and Niger niggers go just use leg enter 9ja vote and return same day.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by 2sureguy1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Plot 4 sale here...........contact me 4 inquiry.
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by tivereegega(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

No vex abeg lol

P
D
P
MAN
Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by DonGB: 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
I am really tired and devastated at what people who support the APC in Lagos insinuate. Igbo this Igbo that. They decide to incline with Jimi Agbaje so Bleep what? The APC leadership appear to have done well but all I see is the rich become richer and the poor become poorer.

It hurts me when people support/defend this barbaric statement from the uncouth Oba, Its a pity. In the words of the president-elect, "You wanted change and change has come" Yes! Change even in Lagos. Don't give me crap about Bode George is Jimi's godfather or Obanikoro and all that shii, you all forced the so called anti-corruption crusader down our throats, we expect him to fight corruption in every state so how would Jimi Agbaje loot for Bode George and the PDP with our dear BUHARI at the helm fighting corruption? Infact, Lagos would be a better place with an opposition who is ready to check the excesses of the PDP not a sugar daddy/son APC.

And for those who would cry Jimi Agbaje is inexperienced but Ambode have been in the government for years, know this, it doesn't take experience to be a successful leader. There are princes who turn out to be better Kings than their father's but were never Kings before. Jimi Agbaje comes from a background with a father and uncle that were allies with the late Pa' Awolowo. Jimi learnt from his uncle and that alone is ok. Plus let me add it takes good advisers to lead a successful government. He can get those acts together. I'll rather have a CEO who can manage the government, than an accountant who only cares about the money and already said Lagos is like a company and he wants to be the CEO. No Lagos is not a company you plan to loot. In Jimi Agbaje's words "Lagos can be everything but Lagos is not someone's private company"

And for those wondering if I am igbo, yes I am a thorough-bred Igbo who was born and brought up in Lagos and I have lived here for over 27 years. I am a citizen of Lagos as much as I am of my State of origin. And just so you know, I am first Nigerian and that gives me the right to leave anywhere and vote whomsoever of my chosen. JK is the way forward for Lagos; enough of Tinubu and his frolics!

Modified!!!

And just so y’all know, Tinubu brought in Fashola, and tried to control him, even if Fashola tried to be on top of his game, the control of Tinubu still shows with his acquisition of wealth. Tinubu introduced Lag Bus to Lagos, but made it a private company of his with Lagos funds of course and Fashola had to introduce BRT bus so he doesn’t interfere with Tinubu’s. Which will Ambode introduce?

Fashola had one boss, in Tinubu, he tried to bring his own candidate for Lagos but Tinubu forced Ambode down his throats and that led to their feud late last year but they moved on when Fashola was promised something bigger, just maybe! Now Ambode has two bosses plus the Oba to add. I pity for Lagos if these people are returned!

I don’t wanna hear stories of the FG starved Lagos and its an opportunity for Lagos to allign with the center, no it didn’t! Each states received its allocations under Jonathan. Even when Fashola claimed he repaired some roads in Lagos, discrediting FG, they were quiet about it. I remember how the Lagos State government claimed the transformer that was brought to my community, FG officials were quick to take down the notice and replaced it with that of the FG. This has been going on in Lag and unless the APC are saying Buhari will intentionally starve Lagos because its and opposition, this point is also baseless. Our generous anti corruption crusader will give Jimi Agbaje the required funds and we’re happy about that.

Lagos has decided, Lagos cannot be someone’s private company, we need an opposition in Lagos, We need change!

14 Likes

Re: FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections by Lifebender(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
''DonGB''
Your lot are the ones heating things up.Just ask dull brain this question...Even if you vote JK,how does that affect the obamind you he wasnt elected by people.So be rest assured he's gonna be there til the end of his days.
And to say he should apologize is a taboo,i bet if it was your Eze/Obi,u'll ne'r support such.It was ne'r,it's not and ne'r it shall be.His chiefs and cohort can do that for him but definitely not the Oba.You people should sheathe your sword and move on,Buhari apologized,Tinubu did and so also Ambode....So whats more.Am yet to see those that were there come out,you lot kept heating things up...Tis enof abeg!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘Petrol Queues, Power Failure Will Persist Without Adequate Pricing’ - Kachikwu / Caption Atiku Wrist Is It A Charm Or A Designer Bracelet? / hh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.