Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala (52142 Views)

Leading Contestants In Saturday's Governatorial Elections By States / Governorship Elections: APC 21 APGA 1 PDP 7 / The Remaining States That Will Decide The Winner Of The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Touchforfree(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Rivers

Lagos

Oyo

But God will surely take full control sha.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by hero31x(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
IMO & EDO STATE WILL BE HOT AS WELL
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
luckynzo:
Lalasticlala. You left Akwa Ibom out. The state has never been an opposition state. The people are seriously kicking against Akpabio's annointed successor, especially with the APC now in control. But Akpabio will use everything at his disposal to ensure the state does not fall to the APC. That much he assured GEJ.
Ahhh...that's my state! I think PDP will win 'cause my pple there only knw PDP, they vote for party not individual...lol! Besides, Akpabio, the incumbent Governor has really done a lot in the state so the pple believe his candidate will perform like him, if not better. I believe so too
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ezystar(f): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Riivers own is soo correct..infact I stay@ph and a lot of people will be running outta d city to other town including my family..it now left me to wonder if people are leaving,who will den vote nah
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Jimy66(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nasarawa state too ooo having d incumbent governor ta'al form Apc,yusuf Agabi form PDP n labaraban maku AGPA.pdp won d state on presidential election. Let watch n c who wins
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Owiii(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Exceptionalkeil:
Benue could be volatile considering the number of APC followers in that state.

David mark will do everything possible to ensure PDP win the state .
David mark can only deliver his senatorial district not the entire state. I am from from Benue and i know David mark is only an abuja politician and know only in his senatorial district. Akume the former state governor has got a cult followership and controls two(2) senatorial district and from my own point of view, he better in terms of mobilizing grassroot support than David Mark.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Tekzyflex(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
I personally will never allow APC to win because of Amaechi. The guy is so heartless and wicked;up till now civil servants haven't received their March salary.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ogunniyi2: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
ilugunboy:
I don't see Lagos hot.........the guys that could have make it hot are now remorseful of events leading to the Presidential elections.

Lagos is virtually in the bag for APC.....forget any noise going on....I pass through the campaign office of JK on Ikorodu road every morning, the vibrancy is gone and there is no more will to fight. They placed virtually all their strategy of PDP winning the Presidential election.

That loss has taken away the sail on the campaign of PDP in Lagos as it was unexpected....thus the need to resort to ethnic politics of using non-Yoruba southern population in Lagos as their only hope.

Overall..Lagos will be very peaceful.
I concur
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by omarhlichanwa: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Can I burst ur bubbles to let you know that this election would be very tight koz there wud be no room for rigging,all I know z dat any party who loses,wud take d other to court.#vote wisely.
lalasticlala:
They are otherwise known as volatile states.

From the political happenings, it's obvious that the following states could be termed volatile:

1) Rivers State: Amaechi complained of army harassment, malpractices, during the last presidential election. APC even called for the cancellation of the results from Rivers.
Of course, incidences of killings, violence were also recorded in various parts of the state.

So this time around, Amaechi would want to do everything within his powers, ( remember he now had 'oga at the top') to ensure that APC Candidate wins the gubernatorial election in rivers.

On the other hand, Wike who has the backings of the presidency would also do all he can to ensure he wins.

So it's a fight to finish...

2)Lagos State: APC, the ruling party would do all it could to ensure it retains power, especially now that APC is about to control the federal government. APC can't afford to lose Lagos state.

On the other hand, PDP, haven lost the federal government, would do all it can to ensure it wins Lagos state.

The Oba of Lagos alleged threat may also play a role in making Lagos a hot zone during the coming governorship elections.

3 Imo State: It's obvious that PDP would likely win in most of the south eastern states. But Okorocha would want to do all he can to ensure that APC wins. Okorocha cannot afford to lose IMO now that APC would call the shots at the federal government level. But PDP would equally fight to ensure Okorocha loses power.
Recall, during the last presidential elections, Okorocha alleged of army harassment of APC members.

What do you think about the above states I enlisted as volatile states?
Are there other states you consider to be volatile that should be mentioned?
You should bring them on board.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lalasticlala, u are a learner. The toppest 3 is Rivers, Ekiti and IMO. Forget Lagos, its APC. No non-indigenous ethnic votes have any much significance than all the latest noise.
Ekiti is do or die for Fayose. If he doesn't get enough PDP guys into the state house of assembly, he is a goner. Others can only follow after Ekiti.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by cooluc(f): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
It's garbage, your post is simply stirring up the usual, go and pray for the unity and progress of each state period!!!
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by messajer: 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Welrez:
See what mtn did to me. I go congratulate u d way GEJ congulated GMB sha.
grin
Welrez:
See what mtn did to me. I go congratulate u d way GEJ congulated GMB sha.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by fistonati(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
You're partialy right bt exclude Imo frm there and is Oyo state is nt there, ur research is Theory nt Fact. Its geting hot in Oyo already.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ROSAND14: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Kaduna is anoda state dat wil b tough. grin
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by otr1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
rileyy:

"We must have" And who are you biko? The thing is most of these perv aren't politician, if yawa gas now na OYO. These people you're supporting have mansions abroad n lota cash, you'll b d one to face the music
I've told you the watchword and the target. Check again on Monday.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by cheta02(m): 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
The state with the big heart is going to be facing a dance for the gods as well. Delta state has 3 political opponents with a track record of political antecedents.APC,PDP,LP. the attention here is the big names behind the parties( Ortega APC....Sen. okowa PDP......Great Ogboru Labour Party.......)
who takes the day? fingers crossed.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Engryagulam(m): 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
kaduna state nko? ?
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by bajosky: 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
LAGOS
RIVERS
EKITI
KADUNA
AKWA-IBOM
BENUE
DELTA
IMO
OYO
NASSARAWA
KOGI
SOKOTO
KANO
JIGAWA
EDO
KWARA
BAUCHI
KATSINA

IN THAT ORDER most of these states are pdp control states , though some opted for Gmb for presidency but for governorship the incumbent would always want his condidate to win.
while some of these states in the north the incumbent are seeking re-election & will not leave no stone un-turned.
that fact is that mass rigging will be the order of the day hence violence or peace depending on actions of the loosing party.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Panshow(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
joker5180:
who are the contending forces?
Senator GNS Pwajok, (PDP) a stooge of the governor.
Barrister Simon Lalong (APC).
The governor has played a fast one on his candidate because the guy is a serving senator & was deceived by the governor to come & contest the governorship seat so as to pave way for the governor to contest for Senate. A trade by barter kind of game. The governor won the Senate seat though but the sky is not bright for his candidate (Senator GNS Pwajok).
People have realized their wicked plan and have since abandoned the PDP for the APC candidate.

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
lalasticlala:
They are otherwise known as volatile states.

From the political happenings, it's obvious that the following states could be termed volatile:

1) Rivers State: Amaechi complained of army harassment, malpractices, during the last presidential election. APC even called for the cancellation of the results from Rivers.
Of course, incidences of killings, violence were also recorded in various parts of the state.

So this time around, Amaechi would want to do everything within his powers, ( remember he now had 'oga at the top') to ensure that APC Candidate wins the gubernatorial election in rivers.

On the other hand, Wike who has the backings of the presidency would also do all he can to ensure he wins.

So it's a fight to finish...

2)Lagos State: APC, the ruling party would do all it could to ensure it retains power, especially now that APC is about to control the federal government. APC can't afford to lose Lagos state.

On the other hand, PDP, haven lost the federal government, would do all it can to ensure it wins Lagos state.

The Oba of Lagos alleged threat may also play a role in making Lagos a hot zone during the coming governorship elections.

3 Imo State: It's obvious that PDP would likely win in most of the south eastern states. But Okorocha would want to do all he can to ensure that APC wins. Okorocha cannot afford to lose IMO now that APC would call the shots at the federal government level. But PDP would equally fight to ensure Okorocha loses power.
Recall, during the last presidential elections, Okorocha alleged of army harassment of APC members.

What do you think about the above states I enlisted as volatile states?
Are there other states you consider to be volatile that should be mentioned?
You should bring them on board.

Dumbness thread ever.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Rahmatuparker: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by vivacious01: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
My dear,all the states will be hot,lets just keep praying for God's intervention.

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by jenie10(f): 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
menix:
Come ooo, is there no election holding in Ekiti (apart frm governorship) cous lala u omitted Ekiti...
ekiti held dia election last year,
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by hush15: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
ilugunboy:
I don't see Lagos hot.........the guys that could have make it hot are now remorseful of events leading to the Presidential elections.

Lagos is virtually in the bag for APC.....forget any noise going on....I pass through the campaign office of JK on Ikorodu road every morning, the vibrancy is gone and there is no more will to fight. They placed virtually all their strategy of PDP winning the Presidential election.

That loss has taken away the sail on the campaign of PDP in Lagos as it was unexpected....thus the need to resort to ethnic politics of using non-Yoruba southern population in Lagos as their only hope.

Overall..Lagos will be very peaceful.

I laugh in swahili... Neway, you entitled to your opinion. Unlike APC making noise all day on radios and TVs cos all they have bought all time slots available, PDP is gearing up and getting ready. Incase you have forgotten, the name CHANGE has to live up to its fullest reach since it is APC mantra. Change is coming to Lagos.

Unfortunately, APC are sore loosers and with what i have we have seen in recent times. Rather than honorably accept defeat, and work in synergy with all winning candidates like PDP would, they rather go to war and act violently cos to them, Power, is their personal property.

Well, me am ready for whatever cos, even the LAGOON. Always loved the water world neway.

PDP has had its shortcomings and I understand peoples anger towards them. They have misbehaved which is no secret, yet one value I won't take away from them is Honor. Honor to themselves and Honor to the people.
When it mattered most, it was what defined them.

APC talks bout intergrity, yet I am yet to see a single act of intergrity on their side. They can't even keep their intergrity on CHANGE. How can you be shouting CHANGE and still clamour for CONTINUITY or recycle the same ol' people. Change is continous, whole and absolute.

Still on Lagos, they giving the excuse that cos APC is at the center,Lagos should align. I can as well deduce that they don't mean well for lagosians should we vote another candidate of our choice and they talk bout INTEGRITY. They have threatened fire and brimestone. Put aside these cajoling they doing now trying to dissociate themselves from the Oba. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. If that's not how they rule, they won't say it. Its because they sense they might loose is why they made it more blantant. They would want to punish us for it but remember, they not God. God has given us freewill, and no man can take it away

Under Jonathan I can authoritatively tell you, lagos and all of southwest didn't lack anything. Jonathan visit Lagos more than his Otuoke town. His Federal Government supported the Lagos Government with all their World Bank Projects. Allocations are paids according to statury guidelines. Even the allocationed owed by a former president who now wines and dines with the APC leaders that he disdained was paid within two years into Jonathan's Administration, the question to ask his what happened to it!

I maintain my stand with the PDP. I am willing to take the risk. After all said and done, PDP compared to APC, aint that power drunk.

Nigerians are just upset and that has clouded the minds and reacting wrongly. Like we say in Yourba land, the panacea for headache is not cutting your head off.( Ogun ori fifo ko ni ori bi be). We are overacting and thus not seeing beyond the lines, motive and greedy ambitions of those APC leaders wanting change.

In the next few days, it will dawn on us the truth and we will then find it difficult to effect that CHANGE we truly yearned for. This isn't being a persimmist,infact am the exact opposite, however, this is the path we have choosen and the end is very vivid.

This weekend, as we march out, let us vote wisely and not put all our eggs in one basket. In Lagos, pls vote for Jimi, I can assure you he is worth it. Vote for the man, should you have doubt bout the party. Trust him, believed in him just as you have believed in the ones before him. I promise you won't regret it. That and deep in me, I know you won't.

All the same, I look forward with great anxiety and excitement, what this new FG has to offer.

Let's play ball...

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Add Nasarawa state to that list. APGA and APC have a battle on saturday yo

www.nairaland.com/2241019/online-poll-nasarawa-state-gubernatorial#32493307
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by menix(m): 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
jenie10:
ekiti held dia election last year,

Was it not jst 4 d governorship abii nah only governorship election dey hold for una area?
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
@OP I don't see oyo state in your deluded list and I believe you have no idea how simulating and 'orubebe-lising' the gubernatorial election is going to turn out there.. It might interest you to know that there are 5 'strong candidates' with equal odd.. E remain who go emerge victorious
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 09, 2015
@OP I don't see oyo state in your deluded list and I believe you have no idea how simulating and 'orubebe-lising' the gubernatorial election is going to turn out there.. It might interest you to know that there are 5 'strong candidates' with equal odds.. E remain who go emerge victorious

You can check the candidates' biographies by yourself..
They are
1. Ajumobi of APC (incumbent governor)
2. Akala of LP (past governor and deputy governor)
3. Teslim folarin of PDP (senator and GEJ's choice)
4. Seyi makinde of SDP (young and vibrant.. Wealthy engineer and leader of all oyo state youth)
5. Ladoja of Accord (past governor though impeached later)

Omo... No season film!!
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by nkemjacob2(m): 1:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Is going to b easy 4 PDP to take river state and imo state.... Very sure.. But the major problem is Lagos state... The assurance is 50percent
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by DesChyko: 1:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Imo State will most probably not be volatile. They've got their reservations and preferences but fighting over what is 100% their potential gain is unfathomable. Of course, there are some bad eggs, but the greater majority of them would keep themselves safe for their relations and ambitions. Those who go volatile must have little to live for, must have been overcompensated or 'imported' into the state.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by DozieInc(m): 2:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Abia state - APGA and PDP cos the pple are tired of Ochendo n family.
Lagos - APC and PDP, PDP would throw in all they have to win Gidi - clash of d titans ish.
Nasarawa - APC and APGA going to dig it
Oyo - free for all among the contestants
Kaduna - APC n PDP
Rivers - APC n PDP,
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ashimikd: 2:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Oyo state would surely be hot......with over 5 candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian / Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks To BBC World On Situation On Ground / Nicknames Associated With Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.