Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu (41972 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / OPC Warns Against Staging Biafra Protest In South West / Stop The Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu- OPC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ezigbo nanzenz!

freecocoa:
Scared stool my black nyash.

Ara gba gbuo unu na oba eberibe unu.

Nanzenz.angry
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
dapsonlou:

the Uterances of Your Igwe, i'm pretty sure all the Igbos making Noise are the one from the east. Igbos in Lagos have it good and most are Good people, so am sure they will not disrespect our King. If this happen In my village all the Igbos will pack out of town before dawn. So please respect your host and respect the seat of the Oba
I'm an Igbo guy living in Lagos, the oba of Lagos and the oba of your village are mad. bring down heaven let me see.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by tammie24: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
The Ibos are the problem in Nigeria
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by ThisMeansWAR: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
golddust6000:
Now i know, alot of kids are on nairaland. Ajegunle mayhem was yoruba and ijaw, omo, dem kill a lot of yoruba with their egg bomb, and na una dey home oo. no even talk about that one becos i was living in bandory then. olodi apapa area.
hehehehehe if I say O, you say P another man C omo na you sabi.. Those they send their body in trailer back to alaibo will tell you how it went down... Olofo

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by fellory: 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
kenny987:
It is so sad to see children and people that were born just a few years ago open their mouths and say "We Yorubas have 'allowed' your businesses to prosper and you have lived peacefully among us..." Some of you do not even know when the businesses and people came to be where they are other than by stories u are told by ur forebears and as a result of mere accident of birth into a particular tribe, you feel you are more superior to the others... It is a great shame.

Ask yourselves, 'What exactly has an Igbo man done to me personally?' Or 'what offence has a Yoruba person committed against me'? When you can answer the question honestly and objectively then u can talk..and to think that at some point u probably all grew up in one big compound or area together then because someone says they're not originally from here they should go and drown in the lagoon!

Are there not some Yorubas in support of Jimi Agbaje? Is Jimi himself not Yoruba and his supposed blood relative? Why didn't the Oba, if he did not mean any mischief, confine them to the fate of being drowned in the lagoon? So what gives him the audacity to say what he did against the Igbos? It is the height of vindictiveness and we all need to ask questions and be sure that we are doing things the right way. If u did not experience the civil war, shut up and stop spoiling for a fight or war! Look at other countries who have gone through such civil wars, they are still yet to recover as we have and the resilience of the supposed 'vanquished' people is not in doubt.

Don't sit behind a computer and attempt to start what u cannot finish! You are fortunate to own a gadget with internet access, think about the street urchins, kids and aged senior citizens who will be caught in the crossfire after all these agitations! Let's not mention economic losses and setbacks! Everyone deserves honour and respect, it is not too much for him to apolgize for his gaffe because he clearly victimised a set of people. No Igbo or any other tribe has 'denigrated' the stool/office of the Oba till now so deal with the cause and the symptoms will disappear. The cause is not co-existing as a people in Lagos, it is deliberately picking on and threatening the very lives and livelihoods of a people!

http://newsinvestigatorsng.com/oba-akiolu-places-curses-on-ambodes-opponents/

the link above is a news report of the very acerbic words used by the oba of lagos when he addressed a group of lagos indigenes.The Oba is uncouth and believes he can address his subjects as he wishes.its not about igbos really he just does not believe in diplomacy.he thinks he can bulldoze his way because he is the oba.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by REDshouse(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
When the boko boiz sense that the murder fuckers igbo are getting too much on their land, they decimate them by killing most of them. I want our opc to be empower to do same. Afteral we ve begged them and they insist in being bastard ..omo ale jati jati...
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by iiiyyyk(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Omololu007:
so why cant u pple mak enugu,abakaliki,akwa,nnewi b on d same level wit lagos?

Because when we wanted to go, your low mentality leaders allowed britain and co to use them to stop us.
So we are on a mission.

One day ur child will ask u, where were u when Igbos bought 80% of lagos.
Keep ranting without statistics, your eye will open one day.

U think say agboru na bussiness?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
meccuno:
there are so many igbo businesses flourishing in the North so what's ur point? I don't hear the Northerners tell the igbos that they accommodate them and they treat them well so they should shut up and not express themselves when aggrieved .....I don't hear these same comments in PH....I don't hear it in Edo state......I don't hear it in Kano.....I don't hear these accommodating statements in abuja.......u don't hear the sultan of sokoto make these kinds of statements even if they have their own hate too....which every tribe does.....so why is it like a hit track in lagos most especially that they won't allow us rest...?? Is lagos state the only major state in Nigeria where you have igbos?? Its not like as if when the igbos came the obas called them and dashed them wives,lands and gave them properties......whatever they have they worked for it and they pay their taxes......even if yall decide to be violent and start burning and destroying properties,there would still be igbos doing their business......please stop these talk....all tribes accommodate even the northerners are very nice people just that religion wahala......

I read it all..... Id just point out that the same hausa people you call nice now have been the most abused people by igbos..... Do I need to say a few names ?? We are all different and you guys need to respect peoples cultures not being so disrespectful in expressions..... The king spoke out of a pent up indiscretion from the igbos..... If you are yoruba and read rude comments from igbos just on nairaland you can't help but get a lil annoyed.....

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by phreakabit(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
This stupidly inconsequential issue might snowball into an avalanche if not properly handled . . . .
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by iiiyyyk(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
REDshouse:
When the boko boiz sense that the murder fuckers igbo are getting too much on their land, they decimate them by killing most of them. I want our opc to be empower to do same. Afteral we ve begged them and they insist in being bastard ..omo ale jati jati...

May ur wish come to past, it will make good bussines for igbos.
Also when opc dont see igbos to kill, they will start killing Yorubas. U can ask boko,
I think ignorance is the problem of most yoruba people..
Look at wht somebody is saying.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by NobleG1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
The institution of the oba is one the Yoruba race hold in high esteem, and the OPC as irredentist defenders of Yoruba culture and heritage would therefore not tolerate anybody -irrespective of their places of birth of conviction- to denigrate what their hosts (Yorubas) hold sacred.

If so, why should your whatever institution disrespect a whole Igbo race with s*tupid threats? And you think Ndibgo would tolerate it because he's your s*tupid oba? We don't give a f*uck whether he's your deity or an a*sshole. If you insult people, expect reciprocation!

While we accept that that institution should remain non-partisan, it must also be acknowledged that the Palace of the Oba of Lagos has already claimed that the royal father was misrepresented in the press and pleaded for understanding.

Of course, you'll defend the i*diot no matter what he does wrong because he your f*ucking deity!

Be that as it may, the Yoruba’s accommodating and loving nature should not be misconstrued as timidity. As hosts, we have given all our visitors enough space and opportunity to bloom and flourish without molestations, and of all the tribes and visitors in Lagos, none has enjoyed the benevolence of Lagos and indeed all of Yorubaland as much as the Igboman and nation.

Shut up! Yes, Lagos is a yorubaland (no doubt about that) but no, you didn't accommodate anybody. Nigerians made what Lagos is today and Ndigbo contributed heavily. If Lagos hadn't been a Nigerian capital at a time, it wouldn't have been so developed as it is today. No other state in yorubaland is as developed as Lagos because it was a capital, if not Nigerians wouldn't have flocked to Lagos. Lagos was built on collective resource of the whole country. The same way Abuja is now being built and Nigerians are now flocking to Abuja. Nobody remembered Abuja existed before because it was NOTHING. Yoruba didn't build Lagos, we all did.

Every Nigerian has right to reside at anywhere in Nigeria and NO State has right to reject a Nigerian citizen. Nobody needs permission from any yoruba person to live in Lagos. Any Nigerian who resides in Lagos or any other State is NOT a visitor to that State. So don't tell me s*hit.

The evidence of the claim above can be found in the fact that Yorubaland as a whole is the most cosmopolitan area in Nigeria. We Yoruba have allowed other tribes to own businesses, properties and even contest and hold political positions on Yoruba soil in a manner unreciprocated anywhere else in Nigeria.

Be quiet i*diots! I don't know if these OPC f*ools are lacking in education faculty or they're just dumb. If not for the Nigerian constitution, yoruba wouldn't have allowed other tribes to live or own businesses and properties in yorubaland because they're known tribalists!

During the civil war, they stole all Ndigbo businesses and properties! And yet Ndigbo recovered from the war swiftly (unprecedented) and still re-invested heavily in Lagos. Some of the businesses and properties some yorubas own today were stolen from Ndigbo during the war! Ndigbo probably still owns far more properties in Lagos today than those who are always quick to claim Lagos is theirs.

Using the same Lagos as an example, the fact that the likes of Pastor Ben. Akabueze and Joe Igbokwe have become an integral part of the political frame work of Lagos State for years now is proof enough that Lagos and indeed the Yoruba are excellent hosts. Akabueze has for the last ten years been directing and coordinating the economic direction of the state from his enviable position as the honorable commissioner for budget and planning while Igbokwe has held sways as the general manager at LASIMRA and head, UFRU.

In the Nigerian constitution, it is lawful for a non-indigene of a state who resides there to contest for any political position. If Lagos was an Igboland we would have had more yorubas and hausas in political positions. Ndigbo is the most forgiving, tolerant and friendliest race in Nigeria. That's a fact.

Others such as Ngozi Nwosu the popular actress from Imo State who got N6million for overseas surgery, the late comrade Chima Ubani whose family got cash and a gift of 3bedroom accommodation at Marwa Gardens as well as First Consultant Hospital that got N50 million as compensation for involvement in the Ebola case are evidence that the Igbos are not despised in Lagos.

Not all yoruba people despise Ndigbo but majority do. You listed those Ndigbo without mentioning that Lagos government deported some Ndigbo in their own country! You also left out many st*upid tribalistic comments yorubas make against Ndigbo.

Nowhere in Nigeria -east of the Niger- is the Yoruba or any other tribe accorded the kind of gesture the Igbos have been enjoying in Lagos in the last 12 or so years since these bonafide Igbo men entered into the Lagos political scene.

Ndigbo who reside in Lagos should have the same rights with yorubas but yoruba's hatred for Ndigbo is so monumental that it won't happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by NobleG1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
iiiyyyk:

May ur wish come to past, it will make good bussines for igbos.
Also when opc dont see igbos to kill, they will start killing Yorubas. U can ask boko,
I think ignorance is the problem of most yoruba people..
Look at wht somebody is saying.

Don't mind those yoruba idiots.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by mrtimycc(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
sosleem:
son of a swine, so now u can lay claim to wots not yours...your slowpoke grandpa(ojukwu) tried it wit biafra and all he got at d end are bastard sons and dauta's from fulani marauders army...your useless brothers in d south south will also lay claim to d oil well to be their own and d yorubas never give a Bleep...but dis is lagos! I mean lagos!! That city belong to all westerner...war looming and I promise to post a selfie of me on yuh dad's bed after we might av dislodge all you 'yamiri bastard'

What else can u say? Cowards are cowards! Yorubas are nothing but bunch of coyotes! You aint seen nothing! Chelu welu! We are waiting for your stupidity to unveil! Mumu!

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by zimoni(f): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Tell them.

Je Kan Mo.

Ambode till 2023, No Shaking Whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by NobleG1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
REDshouse:

Hatred is all you yoruba idiots know how to do while Ndigbo are busy flourishing.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by adioolayi(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
golddust6000:
baba e ati iya la iya e, oni kure. songo ati amaduoha strike you dead. oloriburuku omo.
I have decided to forgive you...I won't abuse your lineage as you have done. Guess you don't understand what I have written. Next time, try not to display maniac
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
nna na wa o.... because of one 'akabueze' and 'joe igbokwe' we no go fi talk again. what level of black-mailing is this one!

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Remember that tribalism is backwards and a narrow minded view.

We gain nothing from tribalism.

We want change, let us also change our bigoted views about other tribes .
searching4lovee:
Yea. Tell the flat headed iddiots undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by oloyeadeniyi(m): 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nashoji:
I'm an Igbo guy living in Lagos, the oba of Lagos and the oba of your village are mad. bring down heaven let me see.
Young man, if Oba Akiolu orders the closure of your shops for 2 week most of your people will jump in the lagoon without anyone forcing them. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Elkiflu: 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Biafra vs odudua
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by oloyeadeniyi(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
mrtimycc:

What else can u say? Cowards are cowards! Yorubas are nothing but bunch of coyotes! You aint seen nothing! Chelu welu! We are waiting for your stupidity to unveil! Mumu!
Igbo nation will never forget Col Benjamin Adekunle who killed ur people like flies and starved the rest during the civil war. When u get home asked your father. Yoruba aren't cowards, wisdom makes you love peace. If u want war this time around, noone will not fire a shoot we know what will make an average Ibo commit suicide.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
edwife:

Coco sharing posts that are making me angry everyday,i have become a tribalist just reading this.

Gosh how can people be so educated yet so backward... undecided undecided
I just try to shut them out of my Mind so they don't ruin the love I have for my friends from other parts of Nigeria .
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by wildikeman(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
deolumike:
that's because a New Yorker will reciprocate the deed. Igbo people are. not as hospitable as Yorubas. that's a fact. Igbo people treat visiting Yoruba people in the east like aliens. it's wrong and condemnable. It is hypocritical to hold other people to a higher standard than you hold yourself.
have you been to the U.S. Before? Anyway I'm from the ibo speaking side of Delta and I reside in lagos. there are a lot of ibos in my area. But when u cross the niger bridge my man see discrimination! Calling us "igbo hausa" and yet in Delta we don't give them trouble o. But we shouldn't forget that we are all Nigerians. If this that the Oba says happens there may be a civil war. That one is what I don't want.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nortcentrallord(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Geesanni:
[size=18pt]DAT Y D OLD MAN CURSE HIS CHILDREN IN D BIBLE SO RE D SAME PEOPLE NA CURSE.PRAY DOOM NO BEFALL U[/size]

This is a new age not the Biblical age.
This is a different scenario.
That was just an analogy not a Biblical story.
The biblical story of Seth and Noah was a happening in a Family this is an issue of inciting TRIBALISM
This Stage is bigger.
What was the direct effect of Noah's action in the Bible?
What can the direct effect of Akiolu's action if left unchecked of applauded for?
After all was said an done, Noah lost his son because of his actions (irresponsibility) didn't he?
Akiola is getting tongue lashed because of his uncouth statement. Isn't he?
Moral lesson, Elders should try as much as possible not to fu*ck up. In the Jet age, elders get respected but if they fu*ck up, they should be addressed properly. Elders unite, not divide.
And for you, This is democracy, not religion.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by teufelein(f): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
[size=18pt]the problem b/w igbos and yorobbers must for once and all be solved by WAR.[/size]
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by merry02(m): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Politics!!!when the yoruba oba endorse GEJ u ppl say they re theif bt now ur royal father abithunder fire Apc
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Crispels(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The oba has denigrated his seat. No apologies for any unbecoming response from anyone against an oba who speaks like a "motor park tout." OPC should find something else to do.
in other news, I find it uncharitable that most yorubas cite Lagos as an example of yorubas being tolerant forgetting Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. These mischievous people should for once cite one of the core yorubas states to prove their hospitable nature. Who are they deceiving

What about Calabar that is the first ever federal capital territory, why are you guys not running there to disturb them like u are disturbing us in lagos?
Come to sango in ogun state or the akoko part of ondo state! Don't be a jerk.

you are not getting people's point about the easterners, do u believe in the whole east not even a single commissioner is from outside their tribe??
In Abia state years back, the governor sacked and deported non-indigenes, nobody spank him for that! But when fashola deported destitutes, he was attacked, then I ask why the double standards

In Fidelity bank today, No yoruba man works there, they tribalize their employment processes and nobody is talking about that, why the double standards??

We need to address ourselves, how will u want other people to make you a deputy governor of their state when you can't make them ordinary ward councillor in your own state That is asking for too much and passing of boundaries!

We need to talk to ourselves! And the mistakes the igbos made in this election is that, they shouldn't have made their association this clear or be loussy about it, they should just have kept decorum and vote for who they like but a situation whereby you are riding horses around like MKO showing and screaming your might,it will surely be disastrous, you can't know more than the locals,hence thread cautiously! Millions of Hausas too live in lagos, there are even organized and locally governed hausa communities in Lagos but they've never made any noise about their population or their voting prowess, I saw their sarkin days ago in Agboroko and I asked who are they voting for on april 11, he said "No,we don't have a candidate, this is not kano, let the indigenes decide who they want" , I was suprised but am sure they have a candidate cos they really turned out to vote on march 28, they surely have a candidate but they don't have to shout it to the world,that's how politics are played when you are away from home,you don't take steps faster than the owners of a house,the ideal thing is to follow them even if you thread different spots.

Have never heard of Yorubas in Imo shouting they prefer ihedioha to rochas or iheanancho!
We need to fix these things, its when tolerance and balance comes to play that we can have a united country!

You can't TAKE from others; what you can't give to them!

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Rotimi47: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
chynie:
why is all the yorubas fighting for Lagos? cos even in that Lagos igbos are doing far better than them in the town cant they try to better themselves first
how do you quantify the trash you just posted?Igbo's doing better than who? Get a life as Igbo that earn 100k per month makes noise as if he is earning 300k while a Yoruba that earns 550k per month behaves like someone who earns 60k because he knows what life is all about. How many Igbo's do we have as true dollars billionaires in Nigeria? Hausa & Yoruba's come before your people so stop that trash talk as you can goggle it. Get a life.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Crispels(m): 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
kendrick9:
What are these illiterate bunch of agberos group called Opc talking?.
instead of them to condemn the loon(oba akiolu),they are talking nonsense... Respect my foot!
Lagos is a no man's land, everyone has the right to live freely there without some useless oba making stupid threats...
Opc is talking trash!

Lagos is the yorubas land, go and buy the history of lagos at any bookshoop, the earliest settlers of lagos are yorubas led by Prince Aromire in the 17th century! How will u say a town with over 2,000years of traditional leadership a no man's land
What are the names of the streets in lagos, Is Alausa an igbo name? Is oshodi an igbo name? Is alaba, Ikoyi,lekki,iyana ipaja,ojo,ladipo all igbo names Go and rest you ungrateful failures!! We will deal with u soon.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by quickly: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Crispels:

Lagos is the yorubas land, go and buy the history of lagos at any bookshoop, the earliest settlers of lagos are yorubas led by Prince Aromire in the 17th century! How will u say a town with over 2,000years of traditional leadership a no man's land
What are the names of the streets in lagos, Is Alausa an igbo name? Is oshodi an igbo name? Is alaba, Ikoyi,lekki,iyana ipaja,ojo,ladipo all igbo names Go and rest you ungrateful failures!! We will deal with u soon.

14th century, na joke by joke this thing start on internet e don reach tv. Ogun bo
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by ollyruffy: 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
The igbos should forget this and move on. This is becoming over reaction.

Voting for Jimi or not. That does not remove the fact that Jimi is still loyal to the throne.

That does not means Jimi will abandon his kinsmen and fight the cause of the igbo.

Let peace reign abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim / Kemi Adeosun Poses With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Photo) / Abba Kyari Vs Monguno: Jokolo Says Buhari Recognises COS As ‘Deputy President’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.