Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu (41970 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / OPC Warns Against Staging Biafra Protest In South West / Stop The Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu- OPC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by pressplay55: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
thatsa it
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Titan5g: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:
I am a Lagos indigene... while i did not support the speech of the Oba in whatever context he made it..... the subsequent vituperations and total lack of tact deployed by some people to the extent of denigrating the royal stool is really annoying...No where else and i mean no where else can that be tolerated.

In as much as i understand your thoughts, You should firstly have trained the Oba on mode of expressing himself in public.
My 50k

10 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Blame Seun and the MODs for the explosion this matter has generated on Nairaland.

I think this matter should be given a rest already; more than enough has been said about it. Igbos have condemned the statement likewise well-meaning Yorubas. What I cannot understand is why more than 60% of the topics in the politics section is Oba this, Oba that!

The MODs should do their job and mass-delete all these threads about Oba this and that please. undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lemon12:
Middle finger to the oba

Oba Rilwan is an ediot

Afterwards you will say your enemies are from your village. When the time comes know you placed a curse on yourself.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Balkan(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Very funny. The threat continues.
We the Igbos are not cowards
Change is inevitable in Lagos.

OPC or no OPC.
Lagos for all
JK for Lagos

13 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by otunbadan(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
adioolayi:
Awon omo ale Yoruba lo fe fa arifin si Oriade.

O dika ala na apÙ oya ala.

7 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nwadiuko1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
What has my late brother chima ubani got to do with this? Abeg make una settle una matter and leave the dead alone
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by sylaz(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
You do know that the Yorubas are a tribe right?? I keep seeing different topics on nairaland using the phrase 'igbo race', 'yoruba race'. This are tribes dammit! There is the black race, the white race and even this are highly disputed and more scientific to use ethnic groups.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
John & co limited is urging all Igbo to buy their
swimming suit at cheaper rate
IRON SWIMMING SUIT - 2000+ crocodile will never near
you
PLASTIC - 1500+crocodile will only visit you and may
eat one of your legs
COTTON- 1200+crocodile will rush you
rush while offer last after 13th of this month .... wish all
Igbos happy swimming

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
I was surprised too on how the throne of the Oba of Lagos was being dragged in the mud but hey...I no be omo eko even though born n bred in eko. Their throne as been reduced to that of a baale grin

But then again, seems the Oba spoke the mind of Fashola, tinubu and co. The funny thing about politics is that after all is said and done(I mean the elections). All the candidates and their godfathers would still be paying homage to the King.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by darlenese(f): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Respect is earned,The Oba of Lagoon didn't behave well at all. He deserve some tongue lashing jor

8 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by walozanga(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
CC: Lalasticlala

The Oba must NEVER be disrespected. EVER

Nowhere in Nigeria -east of the Niger- is the Yoruba or any other tribe accorded the kind of gesture the Igbos have been enjoying in Lagos in the last 12 or so years since these bonafide Igbo men entered into the Lagos political scene.

What is ur point. U are jst being uncivilized

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
darlenese:
Respect is earned,The Oba of Lagoon didn't behave well at all. He deserve some tongue lashing jor

Is the tongue-lashing not enough already??
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by ShineuEye: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Let's separate joor
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by erasokafor(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
If he didn't dissacred that seat by partisan politics n wrong ulterances he wouldn't hv attracted such to himself.he is a well respect figure,and a public figure too.he shouldn't hv said what he said using such heavy inflammatory words that aroused the anger n reactions of the citizens n political opponents.instead of defending him,he shoud guided to apologise for that ethnicism. Let's not encourage bad tins but let's kill it so that no other persn in position shld wake up n use such heavy words again. Let's face reality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by kendrick9(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Tell me the name of the person that killed Adolph hitler. I don't know how you value thrones but it is very very disrespectful. You can't try that in places like kano or katsina.
throne my foot

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by walemoney007(m): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The oba has denigrated his seat. No apologies for any unbecoming response from anyone against an oba who speaks like a "motor park tout." OPC should find something else to do.
in other news, I find it uncharitable that most yorubas cite Lagos as an example of yorubas being tolerant forgetting Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. These mischievous people should for once cite one of the core yorubas states to prove their hospitable nature. Who are they deceiving
d only place u guys can abuse d oba is on d internet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by klevjey: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
opc should go and die

3 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by chemicool: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Deltagiant:
Black Africans are most times stupid. So "sacredness of the stool" must be defended even when the occupier is threatening the lives of innocent law abiding people? You guys must be big time jokers!!!!!

Idiiots!

Leaders that were one zillion times more powerful than the Oba of Lagos Island were dethroned and even killed cos of their demeanor.
Would an Akiolu even shine the shoes of Hitler or Musolinni? NO

You skull must be filled with sewage before you could make such a bad statement again an Oodua monarch. Omo eni ko le buru kale fun ekun paje.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Ilekeh(f): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lagos is simply riding on a fine line and it's sad that people aren't seeing it.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by otunbadan(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:
I am a Lagos indigene... while i did not support the speech of the Oba in whatever context he made it..... the subsequent vituperations and total lack of tact deployed by some people to the extent of denigrating the royal stool is really annoying...No where else and i mean no where else can that be tolerated.

I think you have written the most reasonable response,but the idea of making it look like we got free lands,free capital, free good to do business with in lagos, etc. Nigeria belongs to Nigerian first before any tribal group. Igbo work sweat,blood energy and time,hence while comments are directed at the Oba, he danced naked into the streets,and some comments are also going about towards the Igbo, hope that too is addressed.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by walozanga(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
The obas comment is an idiotic comment. He lack the tru qualities of a public figure.

7 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by zubby29(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
is opc recognised by nigerian constituition?sad dey r 1 of d reasons gej failed
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by LadyAmaka(f): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
In all of these, I blame no taut insulting Igbos because my people caused it. If they had learnt from Biafra war, no Igbo person would have allow his/her kobo invested anywhere in Nigeria outside east because the idiots will never appreciate your efforts in upgrading their region. It is better to invest outside this wrong entity called Nigeria than waste it investing outside Eastern Nigeria.If Igbos had poured the amount they wasted outside eastern part of Nigeria in the east, it would have become world class cities. It serves them right. More of that should be meted out to them until they learn to know that an enemy is always an enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
what have Yoruba people in Abuja done to the Gwari people,the real owners of Abuja,to show appreciation?
Comparing any state in the SE doesn't make any sense. No state in the SE has been a Federal capital.

9 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by mpowa(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The oba has denigrated his seat. No apologies for any unbecoming response from anyone against an oba who speaks like a "motor park tout." OPC should find something else to do.
in other news, I find it uncharitable that most yorubas cite Lagos as an example of yorubas being tolerant forgetting Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. These mischievous people should for once cite one of the core yorubas states to prove their hospitable nature. Who are they deceiving

Igbos are in every Yoruba state and they are well accommodated, they do their business freely without any trouble, I can site my home town in Ogun state as a good example, so we're accommodating, I hope others are.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Neplusultra(f): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
How can an adult pull his clothes in d midst of children and expect dem not to play with his manhood grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
otunbadan:

O dika ala na apÙ oya ala.

He was saying an adage, don't take it personal....

I am glad OPC is speaking. .... Gani has been compromised and his sect of OPC is only in lagos and are few, the Ogun and Oyo OPC I know are against him......

For people saying OPC is mere noise filled with illiterates should not push their luck cos OPC is headed by some elites who are traditional (Fasheun is a doctor)....

Respect your hosts culture cos even the compromised Gani Adams will fight those who don't.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by otunbadan(m): 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
walemoney007:
d only place u ibos can abuse d oba is on d internet,av neva seen any ibo man usin harsh words against d oba on tv,u ibos are coward

Coward is not the right word,we are refined and classy and 21st century compliant, not like the agbero Oba and his agbero boys

3 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Lifebender(m): 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
estyvino:
They should shut up before I shut it for them. Instead of condemning his childish utterances, they are hitting ut up

You see your life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by huptin(m): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
otunbadan:

I think you have written the most reasonable response,but the idea of making it look like we got free lands,free capital, free good to do business with in lagos, etc. Nigeria belongs to Nigerian first before any tribal group. Igbo work sweat,blood energy and time,hence while comments are directed at the Oba, he danced naked into the streets,and some comments are also going about towards the Igbo, hope that too is addressed.

I didnt say any body got lands free in Lagos... but i believe that even in hell somethings are sacred.... i will never insult the Obi of Onitsha or the Sultan of Sokoto no matter their utterance.... not because of their person but because of the people they represent, the tradition they identify with and the heritage they uphold.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by walozanga(m): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
chemicool:

You skull must be filled with sewage before you could make such a bad statement again an Oodua monarch. Omo eni ko le buru kale fun ekun paje.

You and that your oba need rehabilitation. Your Oodua has a brain full of alcohol for dropping that statement.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka / Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.