Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) (778 Views)

7 Charged With ‘murder’ For The Gruesome Lynching Of Military Officer In Ghana / Fake Soldier Arrested For Shooting Tanker Driver To Death In Ogun State / Police Arrests UNIBEN Graduate, 3 Others For Shooting Police, Robbing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Insightz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
officer has been charged with murder after he was filmed shooting a defenceless black man eight times as he ran away.

South Carolina Patrolman Michael Thomas Slager killed Walter Scott on Saturday after he was pulled over in his car for having a brake light out.

Graphic footage of the incident captured the final moments of the 50-year-old’s life shortly after he was stopped.

The 33-year-old officer was arrested within hours of North Charleston mayor and the city’s police chief receiving the video.

During a press conference authorities said Mr Scott was shot after the officer already had hit him with a stun gun.

"I can tell you that as the result of that video and the bad decision made by our officer, he will be charged with murder," North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey said.

"When you're wrong, you're wrong."

In the video, Scott, wearing a green T-shirt, appears to drop something near the officer's feet and runs in the opposite direction.

Slager fires seven times, pauses, and then fires an eighth round as Scott slumps to the ground.

The officer says over the radio that Scott went for his stun gone, although the video does not show this But the footage does appear to show the officer dropping his stun gun by Scott's side after he's been shot.

The shooting comes as racial tensions between the police and America’s black community run high following the deaths of three unarmed men in New York, Cleveland and Ferguson last year.

No officers were ever charged in relation to the deaths which sparked widespread protests and rioting across America
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/white-police-officer-charged-murder-5476501

Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
White pig

1 Like

Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Fairgodwin(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
cry
Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Devil incarnate angry
Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
I hope they hang him with his baals, sneaky nonsense if no one took the video the black guy was going to be blamed. White Americans are commiting genocide on black American men in the US because they hate being led by a black man Obama, sadly the law has been on their side.

Only God knows, but if by any miracle more videos of many others killed this way would resurface it would be great, so that the US could wear the cloak of shame for their holier than thou attitude while commiting worse atrocities in their own back yard to their own citizens.

GOD IS TRULY GREAT! WE THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS! YOU NEVER FORSAKE YOUR PEOPLE IN THE TRUE SENSE.
Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by Insightz(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
BluIvy:
I hope they hang him with his baals, sneaky nonsense if no one took the video the black guy was going to be blamed. White Americans are commiting genocide on black American men in the US because they hate being led by a black man Obama, sadly the law has been on their side.

Only God knows, but if by any miracle more videos of many others killed this way would resurface it would be great, so that the US could wear the cloak of shame for their holier than thou attitude while commiting worse atrocities in their own back yard to their own citizens.

GOD IS TRULY GREAT! WE THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS! YOU NEVER FORSAKE YOUR PEOPLE IN THE TRUE SENSE.

I doubt he gets to hang my dear. I doubt if he even gets sentenced for murder. At best, involuntary manslaughter or dishonourable discharge from service. We wait and see!
Re: White Police Officer Charged With Murder For Shooting Black Man 8X (photos) by wizzyTunes: 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
searching4lovee:
White pig
seconded

(1) (Reply)

Car Crashes In Abuja After V.I.O Staff Drags Steering Wheel With Driver / Scam Alert: New Facebook Scam Wants To Steal Your Login And Your Money / Biafra Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.