Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju (41810 Views)

Why Is Tinubu So Powerful? / Rejoinder To Wailing Wailers,Buharist And The Disgraceful Budget. By Demola / Funny Jimi Agbaje's Advert -"Lagos Cannot Afford A Puppet Governor" (Pics&Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by emptybarrel150(m): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
haaaaaa! Ronaldo, you must love me ooooooo.

i take God beg you......

T.B Joshua tell me say na only you go fit kill me with beauty.
CR77:
I am sorry i don't love u
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by dBard: 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
onatisi:
Many nigerians are still wondering and looking at how buhari intends and plans to control the crooks and criminals that surrounds him and who helped him win the election. It will be a miracle if buhari is allowed to champion or carry out any real tangible anti corruption crusade.

Truth..
Buhari unfortunately shook hands and got in bed with so many strange bed fellows, and many more are still jumping ship to join the orgy.
The fallout btw Buhari and Tinubu is inevitable..The battlefield most likely will be the national assembly.

Hope Buhari hasn't chewed off more than he can handle.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by CR77(f): 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
lol na wash T.B Joshua dey wash u
emptybarrel150:
haaaaaa! Ronaldo, you must love me ooooooo.

i take God beg you......

T.B Joshua tell me say na only you go fit kill me with beauty.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by onatisi(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
dBard:

Truth..
Buhari unfortunately shook hands and got in bed with so many strange bed fellows, and many more are still jumping ship to join the orgy.
The fallout btw Buhari and Tinubu is inevitable..The battlefield most likely will be the national assembly.

Hope Buhari hasn't chewed off more than he can handle.

bros ,believe me buhari is not stupid and I know he is preparing for this , what is most likely to happen is that there will be a sharp division in the senate and house , most norther senators and reps will cue behind buhari so that their ppl will not see them as traitors . I believe buhari will toe tinubu line for a small time and once he gets enough support base he will change .
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by carzim(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls can someone tell the state that performed more than Lagos in terms of
1. Financial status
2. Economy
3. Developments on road,schools, primary health care
4. Employment opportunities
5. Industries
6. Power generation
7. Transportation
8. Security
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by flopriddy: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode,the prime politician.A veritable template of continuance democracy.A man who has deccusate all strata of civil service treasury.Here's a man who has been part of the new Lagos,every step of the way.
Lagos has witnessed tremendous transformation in 16 yrs! Consistency and consolidation has contributed immensely to this.Thus,the lagos of our dream needs a continuity of delivery of set standards & ideologies.
Fellow lagosians,the power of continuity rest in your hands. As you exercise your franchise on saturday,vote Akinwunmi Ambode; the best man for the job.
Remember,We are what we repeatedly do.Excellence,then,is not an act,but a Habit.
Vote APC!!! Vote Continuity!!!
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by Dejavue: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
The author of the post is clearly a pro PDP sympathizer.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by dBard: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,believe me buhari is not stupid and I know he is preparing for this , what is most likely to happen is that there will be a sharp division in the senate and house , most norther senators and reps will cue behind buhari so that their ppl will not see them as traitors . I believe buhari will toe tinubu line for a small time and once he gets enough support base he will change .

Honestly, I don't see Buhari controlling the National assembly.
Giving Buharis supposed nature, the national assembly will be the tool to check his 'excesses'.
Will the northern politicians, his support base, toe his line Maybe, but all things considered, at the assembly level, I think Tinubu will have the edge. Already, an ally is in line to be Senate president, h.o.r next.

Politics is a selfish game... Buhari needs be smart.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by onatisi(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
dBard:

Honestly, I don't see Buhari controlling the National assembly.
Giving Buharis supposed nature, the national assembly will be the tool to check his 'excesses'.
Will the northern politicians, his support base, toe his line Maybe, but all things considered, at the assembly level, I think Tinubu will have the edge. Already, an ally is in line to be Senate president, h.o.r next.

Politics is a selfish game... Buhari needs be smart.
I think what will likely happen is that tinubu and co will try to rally round all senators from the south to their side, this means more pdp senators and reps will decamp to apc soon ,once this happens it will be a divided house and it will be south vs north. Obj and tinubu will be seen as the southern voices and leaders . The north and buhari may not likely get everything they want. I forsee a tough political duel between them .
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by dBard: 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
onatisi:
I think what will likely happen is that tinubu and co will try to rally round all senators from the south to their side, this means more pdp senators and reps will decamp to apc soon ,once this happens it will be a divided house and it will be south vs north. Obj and tinubu will be seen as the southern voices and leaders . The north and buhari may not likely get everything they want. I forsee a tough political duel between them .

...which doesn't portend well for the future of the country.
A house divided amongst itself........

Will be interesting to follow tho.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by Chigold101(m): 4:24am On Apr 09, 2015
Anapuao:
Even at that. He's not the only MOD on nairaland na. Everything should be done in moderation and fairness.
nairaland MOD, Super mods & admin do not understand “moderation nor fairness“ my own experience here has shown me that they even vindictive.

Some of my threads here have removed or hidden for no just cause. I have also been banned here for no reason.

So please dont ask so much question before they place you where they have placed some of us.

Seun might be innocent but...humn

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by Chigold101(m): 4:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Anapuao:
Even at that. He's not the only MOD on nairaland na. Everything should be done in moderation and fairness.
nairaland MOD, Super mods & admin do not understand “moderation nor fairness“ my own experience here has shown me that they even vindictive.

Some of my threads here have been removed or hidden for no just cause. I have also been banned here so many times for no reason.

So please dont ask so much question before they place you where they have placed some of us.

Seun might be innocent but...humn

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by emptybarrel150(m): 7:35am On Apr 09, 2015
chaiii chaiii chaiiiii

diaris godu ooooooooo

this love you are killing will takie oooooo.
CR77:
lol na wash T.B Joshua dey wash u
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by sanandreas(m): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Whenever u learn how 2 spell Lagos well.grin
no one is above mistake.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2015
sanandreas:
no one is above mistake.
I thought u were an angel b4 now. So tinubu too is imperfect & he isnt responsible 4 Nigeria backwardness. Now u know grin
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by sanandreas(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
I thought u were an angel b4 now. So tinubu too is imperfect & he isnt responsible 4 Nigeria backwardness. Now u know grin

It's ok.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by eija74(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
WATCH OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING NEWSPAPER
HEADLINES VERY SOON.
1. Buhari's ministerial list: Kwankwaso to Tinubu,
"You are greedy"
2. Tinubu Vs EFCC: Buhari has betrayed me-
Tinubu
3. Fallout of 2015 elections: Orubebe decamps to
APC.
4. Impeachment threat: "Nigeria is bigger than
you,sir" Osinbajo tells Tinubu.
5. All inclusive government: Femi Fani Kayode
becomes Buhari's aide
6. Jonathan to Smart Adeyemi: "Accept defeat or
go to jail"
7. Controversial prophecies: CAN apologises to
Nigerians
8. Ambode Vs Agbaje : Oba Akiolu of Lagos
threatens igbos with Ebola
9. "Leave me alone"- Buhari tells Obasanjo.
10. Health rumour: Buhari visits T.B Joshua's
synagogue
11. South east marginalisation: Okorocha, Ngige
threatens to dump APC, in closed door meeting
with Obi of Onitsha.
12. Strange madness: Orubebe interrupts NTA
news @ 9
13. "Amaechi is an ingrate"- Tinubu.
14. Impeachment aftermath: Fayose repents, joins
deeper life choir.
You can add yours too................

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by seyiade50: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
nokingasgod:

Talk of Baby-Bloggers and Beer Parlor tale bearers, this is a typical example. It defies all logic and reasoning and the ill-informed sentimental argument is nauseating. Xray the 2 candidates and tell me which is better.

Agbaje, a pseud-pharmaceutical entrepreneur who could not develop his business beyond a single outlet in over 2 decades, who could not withstand the heat from local competition like Fidson, Emzor, Juli etc, abandoned his core business for politics where he had been consistently jumping from one party to the other in his desperation for guber nomination. Let's leave the source of his funding for now. From the foregoing, one can deduce that Agbaje has never successfully managed a business concern involving 100 people. He is a desperate politician without any ideology whatsoever beyond his self interest. ''If party A will not nominate me as governorship candidate, I will go to party B''. Desperation all the way and this will be manifested fully in the eventuality of him loosing this election. Agbaje will have no qualms aligning with APC. To me, it would be suicidal to entrust the biggest economy in Nigeria in such a person.

Ambode, a technocrat of repute who was pivotal to the various developmental issues in the state spanning many regimes. A creative administrator as evidenced in his numerous achievements whilst in service. An international and award-winning scholar. A civil servant with envious track records that cannot be overturned easily. Well read, adequately exposed, internationally recognized. To me, there is no basis for comparing them, the 2 belong to different worlds and Ambode's is far far ahead of Agbaje's and in a sane clime, Ambode will definitely send Agbaje to the dust bin of history that he truly belongs.
I don't to insult people, so ur very lucky. U are the kind I cannot stand: arrogant and shallow. Everyone knows Ambode is Tinubu's stooge. And in our current political clime, we should not have that. It is more important than anything else for both levels of govt to keep the other on their toes. It will help them perform better; and at least prolong our semi-democracy. See reasons and stop being 'hatable'.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by tonio2: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2015
nokingasgod:

Talk of Baby-Bloggers and Beer Parlor tale bearers, this is a typical example. It defies all logic and reasoning and the ill-informed sentimental argument is nauseating. Xray the 2 candidates and tell me which is better.

Agbaje, a pseud-pharmaceutical entrepreneur who could not develop his business beyond a single outlet in over 2 decades, who could not withstand the heat from local competition like Fidson, Emzor, Juli etc, abandoned his core business for politics where he had been consistently jumping from one party to the other in his desperation for guber nomination. Let's leave the source of his funding for now. From the foregoing, one can deduce that Agbaje has never successfully managed a business concern involving 100 people. He is a desperate politician without any ideology whatsoever beyond his self interest. ''If party A will not nominate me as governorship candidate, I will go to party B''. Desperation all the way and this will be manifested fully in the eventuality of him loosing this election. Agbaje will have no qualms aligning with APC. To me, it would be suicidal to entrust the biggest economy in Nigeria in such a person.

Ambode, a technocrat of repute who was pivotal to the various developmental issues in the state spanning many regimes. A creative administrator as evidenced in his numerous achievements whilst in service. An international and award-winning scholar. A civil servant with envious track records that cannot be overturned easily. Well read, adequately exposed, internationally recognized. To me, there is no basis for comparing them, the 2 belong to different worlds and Ambode's is far far ahead of Agbaje's and in a sane clime, Ambode will definitely send Agbaje to the dust bin of history that he truly belongs.
very Silly analysis!
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by nokingasgod: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
seyiade50:

I don't to insult people, so ur very lucky. U are the kind I cannot stand: arrogant and shallow. Everyone knows Ambode is Tinubu's stooge. And in our current political clime, we should not have that. It is more important than anything else for both levels of govt to keep the other on their toes. It will help them perform better; and at least prolong our semi-democracy. See reasons and stop being 'hatable'.

Oh, it's wrong for Ambode to be Tinubu's stooge and very right for Agbaje to be Bode George's? Besides, how was I arrogant, shallow and 'hatable' in my analysis? I'm not a politician and I don't have the cause to nurse any personal grudge against any of the parties. I am an informed citizen who only reviewed the 2 candidates based on the facts available from whence I formed an opinion which I am entitled to. Think it would only be rational for you to take me up on what I said about the candidates rather than passing baseless judgment on me.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by nokingasgod: 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
tonio2:
very Silly analysis!

Of course it should be, superior arguments always sound silly to the ignorant!
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by seyiade50: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
nokingasgod:

Oh, it's wrong for Ambode to be Tinubu's stooge and very right for Agbaje to be Bode George's? Besides, how was I arrogant, shallow and 'hatable' in my analysis? I'm not a politician and I don't have the cause to nurse any personal grudge against any of the parties. I am an informed citizen who only reviewed the 2 candidates based on the facts available from whence I formed an opinion which I am entitled to. Think it would only be rational for you to take me up on what I said about the candidates rather than passing baseless judgment on me.
Okay I will now take you up on the candidates. You were talking about Ambode's experience and performance. Let me ask you what he has achieved exactly and how many he has led before. Please also tell me how much he has done for people outside his family. The fact Jimi has experience with different parties starts to suggest he's not the kind of stooge Ambode is (more like Buhari and Tinubu). Plus, we have just been liberated from pdp's democratic dictatorship in a way and it is now best to keep both parties alive and strong (or APC will just become the next PDP). I would even add thet people of the south-west must try to retain (and even increase) their stakes in PDP, because it is obvious that APC will soon be firmly under the control of the north. Poth parties must stay alive and competitive so that they either are forced to perform better or report the attrocities of the other to us. That I think is best for NIGERIA and all of us.
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by seyiade50: 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
nokingasgod:

Okay I will now take you up on the candidates. You were talking about Ambode's experience and performance. Let me ask you what he has achieved exactly and how many he has led before. Please also tell me how much he has done for people outside his family. The fact Jimi has experience with different parties starts to suggest he's not the kind of stooge Ambode is (more like Buhari and Tinubu). Plus, we have just been liberated from pdp's democratic dictatorship in a way and it is now best to keep both parties alive and strong (or APC will just become the next PDP). I would even add thet people of the south-west must try to retain (and even increase) their stakes in PDP, because it is obvious that APC will soon be firmly under the control of the north. Poth parties must stay alive and competitive so that they either are forced to perform better or report the attrocities of the other to us. That I think is best for NIGERIA and all of us.
About the one-branch talk, it is something that can be interpreted in many ways. Such as: he is not crazy about riches (which is quite great); he is not a thief (and so will not embezzle our wealth)... There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, nothing at all. And all the while your Amnode has been 'mis-transferring funds' from govt house (which is what u are calling experience right).
And sorry for my hard words before; no offence intended honestly. Just let us be careful to choose wisely while we have the chance (dogs chance since they can still rig) to regulate these politicians. Soon dey will be above the law and the only thing that can restrain them is competition with and watchful eyes of THEIR PEERS.
No need to pity Tinubu sir for what might soon befall him, especially if he loses Lagos. He has enjoyed life far more than 99 percent of Nigerians to have ever lived smiley.
And finally the situation means that we must look beyond the candidates themselves. If Tinubu, then there is the possibility Buhari's anti-corruption drive will not reach Lagos (even if it is not certain). With PDP in govt, it will definitely reach lagos (a very ggood thing). The PDP would also have enough strength to at least see what the feds are doing and won't be silenced or complicit (something we cannot guarantee with Tinubu). This is what I was talking about in my first post (and why I said shallow).
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by mendoakala(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
freshness2020:
..we shall reclaim Lagos.
Who dash you Lagos before
Re: Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju by nokingasgod: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2015
seyiade50:

About the one-branch talk, it is something that can be interpreted in many ways. Such as: he is not crazy about riches (which is quite great); he is not a thief (and so will not embezzle our wealth)... There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, nothing at all. And all the while your Amnode has been 'mis-transferring funds' from govt house (which is what u are calling experience right).
And sorry for my hard words before; no offence intended honestly. Just let us be careful to choose wisely while we have the chance (dogs chance since they can still rig) to regulate these politicians. Soon dey will be above the law and the only thing that can restrain them is competition with and watchful eyes of THEIR PEERS.
No need to pity Tinubu sir for what might soon befall him, especially if he loses Lagos. He has enjoyed life far more than 99 percent of Nigerians to have ever lived smiley.
And finally the situation means that we must look beyond the candidates themselves. If Tinubu, then there is the possibility Buhari's anti-corruption drive will not reach Lagos (even if it is not certain). With PDP in govt, it will definitely reach lagos (a very ggood thing). The PDP would also have enough strength to at least see what the feds are doing and won't be silenced or complicit (something we cannot guarantee with Tinubu). This is what I was talking about in my first post (and why I said shallow).

Oga Quintessential Analyst, how far na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB, The Main Reason Twitter Was Banned / Bola Tinubu's 'strange' Pose - Photo / Onem Tyna Miracle, Councillor Links 2 Communities With Her Official Car Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.