Stats: 3,158,351 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 (1319 Views)

Igbo Rain Anger, Curses On Uwazuruike Over Kaduna Visit- News / Doyin Okupe's Curses On Abusidiq Materialises(pics) / Ajimobi Sits On Ambode And Aregbesola's Laps As They Laugh Out Loud (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
This was last December 2014

I started this thread so that people can understand him better and stop demanding for apology

(LAGOS)The traditional ruler of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has gone wild over his support for the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate in Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode as the next governor of Lagos State.

Sources at the Oba’s palace told our reporter that Oba Akiolu has gone practically wild, mincing no words about his preference for Ambode, while placing curses on anybody that is seen as opposing the APC gubernatorial candidate.

”Last week, Oba Akiolu received some prominent indigenes of Lagos and politicians in his palace where he started raining curses and abuses on anybody that does not support Ambode. He said any family that is against Ambode in Lagos will perish and will never be prosperous.

”What came out from Oba Akiolu’s mouth shocked a lot of people, because he is supposed to be father to everybody in Lagos. A lot of people there were angry with Oba Akiolu because he has no reason to place curses on anybody that is not in support of his candidate”. Our source stated.

Meanwhile, we gathered that some top APC politicians in Lagos are already withdrawing their supports for Akinwunmi Ambode over what they described as the overzealousness and domineering posture of Oba Akiolu.

”Oba Akiolu can not push us like children. We have a mind of our own and if Ambode needs us, he will come and sell himself to us. Not for any Oba that doesn’t have any constitutional role to play in Lagos politics be placing curses on his subjects. This is the same Oba Akiolu that couldn’t secure a House of Representatives ticket for his son at the APC primaries.

“Oba Akiolu’s son was disgraced at the APC House of Rep. primaries. So, he should not destroy Ambode’s chances with his unguided utterances.”A top APC politician informed us.

On the other hand, we were told that the APC National Leader and former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu is not happy with the utterances of the Lagos monarch, ”Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not part of it. He will definitely call Kabiyesi to order. You can not coerce people to vote for Ambode, we must appeal to them”. One of Tinubu’s aides told us yesterday.

It would be recalled that Oba Rilwan Akiolu had publicly threw his support for Ambode as Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola’s successor during a book launch earlier in May, 2014. Oba Akiolu was quoted to to have said “

“You people know me well that I don’t hide my feelings on where I stand on issues. We the royal fathers have consulted widely within the state with the sons and daughters of Lagos and have come to the conclusion that the best person to take over from Mr Babatunde Fashola, the iconic governor of Lagos State is Mr Akinwunmi Ambode.

”We can not have a man like this and allow somebody whose father is an Oba in Ewekoro, Ogun State to be our next governor in Lagos State. Although, Lagos State belongs to every Nigerian to actualise the Nigerian dream, Ambode remains the best man with the required pedigree and character to take Lagos State to the next level”.

http://newsinvestigatorsng.com/oba-akiolu-places-curses-on-ambodes-opponents/

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by shaboti: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lol. Oba tout
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by jokinexcel(m): 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
I now understand the problem of the oba,
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Scatterboss(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stop this nonsense And stop insulting my king. Respect is reciprocal, you are pushing us further with all this nonsense thread. Whats wrong with you people, many Yoruba peeps have apologized and you keep opening meaningless thread to insult our traditional king. Respect yourself Osisi.

Cc:Eurobomber
Chinemeokpan
Reborn1

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by ozoigbondu: 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls stop blaming d man he was high on orijin
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
August 2014, another evidence that he is not in control of his senses quite often

The Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, on Monday vowed to make startling revelations that will shake the country after the 2015 general election. Akiolu’s outburst at the public presentation of a book: “Corruption and Human Rights Law in Africa,” authored by Dr. Kolawole Olaniyan was in response to a statement credited to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, that only two out of the country’s renowned monarchs are free of corruption.

Akiolu said he would reveal top secrets that cannot be disputed by those who think their hands are clean, but refused to give further details
when approached after the event. He lambasted the monarch who alleged that he lifted oil and collected contract during the late Gen. Sani Abacha regime, noting that he was a serving policeman in that era.

On the issue of corruption, Akiolu said over 90 percent of Nigerians are corrupt, adding that the way out was for all hands to be on deck. “I will shake this nation after the election in February. The man who made the statement that I lifted oil should cover his face in shame because I was still a serving police officer. Those who collected Abacha money know themselves and I will quote witnesses.

“Let us stop apportioning blames, forget the past and work towards a better future for this country. “Do not put 100 percent blame on President Goodluck Jonathan because the person who caused the problem knows himself,” said Akiolu.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/i-will-shake-nigeria-after-2015-election-akiolu/
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by ozoigbondu: 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls stop blaming d man he was high on orijin but let this matter just die
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by ChinemeOkpan: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Babyosisi can you watch yourself and stop disrespecting the OBA of Lagos

cc: Eurobomber

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
jokinexcel:
I now understand the problem of the oba,

I started this thread so that people can understand him better and stop demanding for apology
He is not in control so I forgive his utterances and urge other peace loving Igbos and lovers of democracy to do same
His own people seem to know he has a problem
The relatives of a mad man are the first to know before the man reaches the market place
To the good people of Yorubaland please forgive my people for generalizations based in what the oba said
We now understand he is as much your problem too.

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Burger01(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Time this oba is left alone. He don do. smiley
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by sammyj: 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Please stop inciting post and allow peace reign !!!!
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
”Last week, Oba Akiolu received some prominent indigenes of Lagos and politicians in his palace where he started raining curses and abuses on anybody that does not support Ambode. He said any family that is against Ambode in Lagos will perish and will never be prosperous.

”What came out from Oba Akiolu’s mouth shocked a lot of people, because he is supposed to be father to everybody in Lagos. A lot of people there were angry with Oba Akiolu because he has no reason to place curses on anybody that is not in support of his candidate”. Our source stated.

The question now is how can the oba be helped?
A man who loses control in public appearances ,cursing everyone in sight,what is the proper remedy?
Suggestions please

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by redsun(m): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
It could have actually taken an agbero"omotar-were" monarch to utter that if actually he said it. Normal monarchs threads sensitively,they are everybody fathers.
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by busky101(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Babyosisi, please ooo I beg you my sweetheart. Please let this matter rest.

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Scatterboss:
Stop this nonsense And stop insulting my king. Respect is reciprocal, you are pushing us further with all this nonsense thread. Whats wrong with you people, many Yoruba peeps have apologized and you keep opening meaningless thread to insult our traditional king. Respect yourself Osisi.

Cc:Eurobomber
Chinemeokpan
Reborn1

Babyosisi please I beg you.

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Babyosisi please I beg you.

Chai
Euro nwa nne m
I si m e speaki le kwe grin grin

Ka I ji idea si m speaki e grin grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Chai
Euro nwa nne m
I si m e speaki le kwe grin grin

Biko Nwanyi Oma my beautiful queen of Nairaland, biko hapu ha biko. kiss kiss cheesy

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Biko Nwanyi Oma my beautiful queen of Nairaland, biko hapu ha biko. kiss kiss cheesy

O kwa because of you o
Because na o kwa gi nwa n'ekwu
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by FreeGlobe(f): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Babyosisi can you watch yourself and stop disrespecting the OBA of Lagos

cc: Eurobomber
The oba disrespected his office. It's what he chose, dont speak for him

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

O kwa because of you o
Because na o kwa gi nwa n'ekwu

Imela nkeuwku, Chukwugozie gi my sweetheart. cool
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by LFJ: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is how they start trouble, when their trouble consume them they cry of hatred. Why is wisdom distant apart from these people? You are in Lagos for your business, you already have a lot at stake, instead of you to focus on your biz and protect your intetest, you are engaging in competition match with your host community.

Either you vote for A or B, who ever win must pay homage to the Oba. The Oba is wrong, very wrong but wisdom will tell you that any attempt by Yorubas to see that you want to malign their Oba may not end up well with your relationship. Who ever that want to be sincerer with himself will agree that for Igbo community to enjoy Lagos, they need very good relationship with Oba of Lagos.

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by MalcoImX: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

The question now is how can the oba be helped?
A man who loses control in public appearances ,cursing everyone in sight,what is the proper remedy?
Suggestions please
The remedy is for you to go to Onitsha.

Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2015
seun lalasticlala please come and ban this babyosisi for this thread. She is fueling ethnic hate amongst nairalanders by using a title that cannot and hasn't been backed by any single sentence from the content of her post thus violating rules 2, 3 and 8.

Cc: seun lalasticlala
Re: Oba Akiolu Places Curses On Ambode’s Opponents - Dec. 2014 by dayodare49o: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2015
babyosisi:
This was last December 2014

He is not in control so I forgive his utterances and urge other peace loving Igbos and lovers of democracy to do same
His own people seem to know he has a problem
The relatives of a mad man are the first to know before the man reaches the market place
To the good people of Yorubaland please forgive my people for generalizations based in what the oba said
We now understand he is as much your problem too.

http://newsinvestigatorsng.com/oba-akiolu-places-curses-on-ambodes-opponents/
if na me talk that them go y'all say i be wicked you go come block me. Person wey no get mental problem no go talk set if one person no vote for person em go die lagoon.

PDP May Woo Dangote? / PHOTOS: Youth Corper who died in Service buried today / Boko Haram Strengthens Ties With Islamic State Group