Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,028 members, 7,863,690 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

PDP May Woo Dangote? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP May Woo Dangote? (1323 Views)

PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / ''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 20, 2015
A strong opposition is actually good for our democracy as we have seen in the last three years. It keeps the ruling party on its toes and gives the masses an alternative in the coming election. APC did a very good job as an opposition party giving PDP sleepless nights.
I will be glad to see PDP remain a strong opposition and stop the country from becoming a one party state. As the 2019 elections is in four years time, one begins to wonder the best option for the party especially concerning bringing out a presidential candidate. Getting the right person who will give GMB (if he decides to run) a tough fight may be what is required by the party to come back to power. The candidate definitely will come from the North and must be widely accepted all over the country. Having checked the profile of all the politicians in the area it's difficult to see one who fits into this requirement.
I have therefore concluded that the best option available for the party is to woo Alhaji Aliko Dangote into the party and politics. Though he is a business man but he may be hungry for power. He is easily accepted and well respected all over the country, also having so much money to spend. He can be the Abiola of our generation but this time our votes will count.
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 20, 2015
just my opinion, what do you think my people.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by bigtt76(f): 3:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Mugu nor de fall twice grin
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 20, 2015
Him na woman wey dem go woo am?
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by jerryboiii(m): 4:46am On Apr 20, 2015
dem be gay
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by cutepaul(m): 5:02am On Apr 20, 2015
Lols
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 20, 2015
I'd like to think Dangote is smarter than that.
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Rawani: 5:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Dangote is a career industrialist, entrepreneur and risk taker. However it's highly unlikely he will choose to be partisan and risk his enviable achievements, reputation and business concerns for Nigerian presidential politics, especially considering the mud slinging and character assassination that comes with it.

When his 650,000 bpd (world's largest) refinery is completed in 2017 in Lagos, he would have contributed more to our petroleum industry than many Presidents in the recent past. The PDP must be shaking in confused panic to consider a career industrialist with no political history as the party's messiah, I thought they actually had a rebound strategy (apart from attacks before the President is sworn in) judging from the way their supporters have been making noise here.
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by efilefun(m): 5:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Dangote wey no wait for final result before he switch enter winning team Or do you think he's so stupid to waste his money on a sinking party
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:20am On Apr 20, 2015
chibabe3:
A strong opposition is actually good for our democracy as we have seen in the last three years. It keeps the ruling party on its toes and gives the masses an alternative in the coming election. APC did a very good job as an opposition party giving PDP sleepless nights.
I will be glad to see PDP remain a strong opposition and stop the country from becoming a one party state. As the 2019 elections is in four years time, one begins to wonder the best option for the party especially concerning bringing out a presidential candidate. Getting the right person who will give GMB (if he decides to run) a tough fight may be what is required by the party to come back to power. The candidate definitely will come from the North and must be widely accepted all over the country. Having checked the profile of all the politicians in the area it's difficult to see one who fits into this requirement.
I have therefore concluded that the best option available for the party is to woo Alhaji Aliko Dangote into the party and politics. Though he is a business man but he may be hungry for power. He is easily accepted and well respected all over the country, also having so much money to spend. He can be the Abiola of our generation but this time our votes will count.
And die like Abiola.
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Psalmmie001(m): 5:20am On Apr 20, 2015
I Smell Lies..
Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2015
Rawani answered it well.
Dangote does not support any party, he only supports the winning(then yet-to-get-elected) party.

It is common knowledge by now that he financed both APC and PDP's campaign ambitions. He only dips capital in politics to ensure the winning party allows unhindered reign of his business monopoly. I wouldn't blame him - anyone in his shoes would do the same.

As done this election period so shall he keep doing - financing the two strongest contenders, only way to remain the richest man in Africa.

1 Like

Re: PDP May Woo Dangote? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
Wondering how he is able ro support two parties, is it not mere speculation. So what option does PDP have?

(1) (Reply)

Hillarious Picture Of Oshiomole Andnew Wife In Miami / The Stupidity Of APC Leaderships / MTN Free Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.