Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard (1490 Views)

Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore / Oba Akiolu To Make Statement Tonight / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by blackbee: 1:41am On Apr 09, 2015
As reactions continues to trail the threat by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu to drown Igbo in Lagos if they failed to vote his candidate, Akinwumi Ambode, of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Saturday’s governorship elections in the state, Igbo groups in Lagos have dragged the Oba to the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC.

Ohanaeze-Ndigbo Lagos and Igbo Justice Congress in petition to the Executive Secretary of NHRC, Prof. Bem Angwe, called for the intervention of the Commission to forestal the threat by Oba Akiolu.
The petition by Innocent Arinze for Ohaneze Ndigbo and Arinze Ugwu for Igbo Justice Congress, said
“The entire Igbo in Lagos State seeks your intervention to forestall the threat by HRM Oba Akiolu, the Oba of Lagos to drown all Ndigbo in Lagos State inside the Lagoon if they failed to vote his candidate, Ambode of the APC Lagos.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ohanaeze-drags-oba-akiolu-to-human-rights-commission/#sthash.waIHbUqV.dpuf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 09, 2015
the Oba need a quick brain scan

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by blackbee: 1:52am On Apr 09, 2015
This Oba needs help

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by ayukdaboss(m): 1:54am On Apr 09, 2015
"Ohaneze can take the Oba to the Human Rights Commission, there's really no problem with that. I'm personally of the opinion that the Oba went over board even though Ibos have been provocative in their actions and statements in Lagos over the years".

BTW, Just as all the "GEJ Till 2019" and "NO Vacancy in Aso Rock" sycophants have mysteriously disappeared from this forum after Jonathan's shameful defeat, that is exactly how all Igbos deliberately heating the polity will disappear after Agbaje's defeat come Saturday. Everybody that matters has come out publicly to rebuke the Oba's statements as well as dissociate themselves from the Oba yet some people want a personal apology from an "Oba of Lagos" - something that their own leaders can never do, some people are "head-swelled" on the attention they're currently getting and are hell bent on heating the polity. Even the Igbo leaders present at the meeting with the Oba were well composed and didn't use his statements to create unwarranted fracas.

Jimi Agbaje who has now turned his "Governorship Race" into an "Igbo Agenda" has ended his ambition with his own hands. PDP tried divisive politics in the Presidential Polls and it failed woefully, just as it will fail on Saturday. Enlightened Yorubas in Lagos are gradually seeing that "Agbaje" has now turned his governorship race to an "Igbo Agenda" so on Saturday, it's going to be Yorubas vs Igbos in Lagos so let's see which tribe has the highest population in Lagos. The Igbos claim they constitute about 70% of the population in Lagos cool

You don't mix hate with politics if not you'll make wrong decisions. Because of unwarranted hatred for Tinubu and Fashola, the Igbos have decided to vote PDP which is in fact very hilarious. How would a normal person vote Agbaje over Ambode in Lagos State?? Because you wan't to end "Tinubu's so-called reign"?? You prefer bringing in Bode George, Obanikoro and other 'toutish' PDP losers to come and milk Lagos State dry after losing out at the Federal Level?? What a "wise" decision!

With all this unwarranted hate towards Tinubu/Fashola and public rebellion against APC by the Igbos, Where will the Igbos stand if Ambode now wins this elections?? #DontPutAllYourEggsInOneBasket

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by 2mch(m): 1:56am On Apr 09, 2015
grin
The 48hrs is up? grin
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by efilefun(m): 2:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Lol Nigeria politics don turn "Fuji house of commission" May God almighty deliver this nation
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by CHM11: 2:10am On Apr 09, 2015
48 hours!!!... Igbos have always wanted to be on their own..y'all didn't let them...

They want to live with you and be accepted as equals...y'all didn't let them....

Someone should tell me what you people want from the igbos?

This Oba is only helping them break out of this country.
I'm sure once the igbo breaks off, the Niger Delta will also break off.... Hopefully Yorubas and the North will build the next world power.
Buhari will now make N1=$500 and he will also stabilize the price of world cocoa, goats, sheep and Cows.
Y'all will make a great union mehn....atleast you people have islam as a binder.....
My friend Seun Osewa will finally marry one sweet fine Yarinya from Chibok.....hehehehehe....

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 09, 2015
:DGOD bless NIGERIA
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by ayukdaboss(m): 2:37am On Apr 09, 2015
CHM11:
48 hours!!!... Igbos have always wanted to be on their own..y'all didn't let them...

They want to live with you and be accepted as equals...y'all didn't let them....

I'm sure once the igbo breaks off, the Niger Delta will also break off.... Hopefully Yorubas and the North will build the next world power.
Buhari will now make N1=$500 and he will also stabilize the price of world cocoa, goats, sheep and Cows.
Y'all will make a great union mehn....atleast you people have islam as a binder.....
My friend Seun Osewa will finally marry one sweet fine Yarinya from Chibok.....hehehehehe....
I've seen some comments from Igbos on this forum claiming they're helping Yorubas build Lagos and Yorubas are not being appreciative. If you want to live on your own, why don't you start by relocating from the South West as well as other regions back to your zones (SE) and live "on your own", then people can start taking you all serious...You don't scatter yourselves in every nook and cranny of the country and come on here to claim you wan't to live on your own.

BTW what Niger Delta do you think will break off?? grin Keep on living in self deceit. I hope you've seen how the Niger Deltans are containing the defeat of their Brother at the Presidential Polls? It's very unfortunate that the Igbos were even crying more than the bereaved. If you wan't to live on your own, leave the Niger Deltans out of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Ilekeh(f): 2:40am On Apr 09, 2015
2mch:
grin
The 48hrs is up? grin

Is it now?! I don tire to dey ask.

What next? Court issues?

Chasing shadows.
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Vessel4christ(m): 3:03am On Apr 09, 2015
My igbo brethen... Regard dis as a reckless statement 4rm a drunk vessel... We ar not tribalistic... Even we Yorubas knw d Oba goofed.... Can u plz allow dis mata be laid 2 rest... And invest ur time and energy in somethin more enterprising as we hv knwn u to be?
Don't be like ex-girlfriends... Who can't MOVE ON!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by courage54(m): 3:08am On Apr 09, 2015
I don't no why I so much hate this group called Ohanaeze. They are the most useless group I have ever heard of. What kind of group will pay deaf ears to the problems facing their communities and be forming super power else where?
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by HrtBrkSteve(m): 3:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Something I love about the Igbos is their commitment and love for each other. They should just settle the matter with Oba Akiolu softly anyway.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 09, 2015
The oba will turn Into a drunkard proper by the time this blows over
Cartons of empty bottles all around his throne
Give him some heat
Next time he will use his brains before speaking or hire a David to play a stringed instrument to drive away his demons from time to time

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Sweetguy25: 3:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Fully in support.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by fitzmayowa: 3:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Na wa ooo, and the drama continues

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by fitzmayowa: 3:29am On Apr 09, 2015
courage54:
I don't no why I so much hate this group called Ohanaeze. They are the most useless group I have ever heard of. What kind of group will pay deaf ears to the problems facing their communities and be forming super power else where?

I wonder if this could happen somewhere in kano
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by anonimi: 4:06am On Apr 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

BTW, Just as all the "GEJ Till 2019" and "NO Vacancy in Aso Rock" sycophants have mysteriously disappeared from this forum after Jonathan's shameful defeat, that is exactly how all Igbos deliberately heating the polity will disappear after Agbaje's defeat come Saturday. Everybody that matters has come out publicly to rebuke the Oba's statements as well as dissociate themselves from the Oba

How many shameful defeats did DoroDullard Buhari suffer before Thief'nuibu cabal package him like aluminium foil to recycle the expired old soldier

- one
- two
- three

Take Your Choice, TYC!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by dunkem21(m): 4:22am On Apr 09, 2015
babyosisi:
The oba will turn Into a drunkard proper by the time this blows over
Cartons of empty bottles all around his throne
Give him some heat
Next time he will use his brains before speaking or hire a David to play a stringed instrument to drive away his demons from time to time

Your last statement got me reeling with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by kodded(m): 4:25am On Apr 09, 2015
CHM11:

***faints***

Choi grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by ElekeNtioba: 4:41am On Apr 09, 2015
This is one move out of many. There should be a concerted effort to ostracize and isolate the loony oba. He has already comitted his memory in the dustin of history, lets help him complete it.
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 4:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Just commision

So thats all what the ultimatum is about?

Unserious people
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by PedroJP(m): 5:02am On Apr 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:

I wonder if this could happen somewhere in kano

As violent as they may be in Kano, no monarch has ever threatened a non hausa in that area. Why in Yoruba. Maybe any threat from any Hausa will be the one to break dis country if this one doesn't do dat. Or did Igbos threaten ur Oba in his land ?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 09, 2015
awon Ultimate Warrior... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by omenka(m): 5:39am On Apr 09, 2015
2mch:
grin
The 48hrs is up? grin
Oh, I thought they would send Amadioha to strike him. Didn't know their plan was to take him to the human rights commission.

Smh.

Indeed the Oba shouldn't have made such a statement, but if you ask me, the fixation on the matter isn't as much because the Igbos feel threatened, it is all for the political gains. We've had notable people from the SE and SS make similar remarks in the past (though not as blunt as the Obas) yet no one lifted a voice in rebuke.

Talk about hypocrisy run amok.
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by fitzmayowa: 5:50am On Apr 09, 2015
PedroJP:

As violent as they may be in Kano, no monarch has ever threatened a non hausa in that area. Why in Yoruba. Maybe any threat from any Hausa will be the one to break dis country if this one doesn't do dat. Or did Igbos threaten ur Oba in his land ?

How many times has the ohaneze taken the hausa/fulani guys that maim and kill them at the slightest provocation to HRC commission

The oba goofed and everyon has condemned the oba even the supposed APC he was speaking for, so i see no reason why ohaneze continues to heat up the polity...IMHO
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by nzeadachie: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2015
THE FAILED POLICE OFFICER MUST APOLOGIZE OR STRAIGHT TO ICC, SO NEXT TIME HE WILL KNOW HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Texcoco(m): 6:27am On Apr 09, 2015
He should be taught a firm lesson on how not to speak carelessly...

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:06am On Apr 09, 2015
He's still forming James bond. But in Africa traditonal rulers dont apologise in the conventional way. I am sure he is regretting his comments in private.

E jowo e ba mi dariji baba o!
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by Jwonder4eva: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2015
If the Oba want us to forgive him, he should Jump into the Lagoon.. But until then... Let the Bashing continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Oba Is A Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His stupidity is way above the class of Orubebe
Re: Ohanaeze Drags Oba Akiolu To Human Rights Commission - Vanguard by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!!Jonathan Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Buhari After 29th May.......ratings! Ratings!! Ratings!!! / CNN Boss Flew To Kenya To Apologize Over Terrorism Slur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.