Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore (28541 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Brave Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On A Military Post In Borno. Photo / Nigerians Selling El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari, 'You Have Failed' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by 91KeepInformed: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2016
The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwanu Akiolu, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to change his leadership style, saying the president should recognise that he is not a military ruler.

The traditional ruler who said this while making a speech at the opening of SunTrust Bank Limited in Lagos MONday, also urged the president to always listen to advice on how best to govern the country.

Akiolu also faulted the measures being adopted by the federal government in tackling the decay caused by the immediate past government, stressing that all that happened in the past government were not caused by former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

“All of us just have to support the president and I advise him to know that he is no more a military man. I am not afraid to say that. On the measures they are taking to tackle the rot of the past, honestly, whether they like it or not, it was not totally the fault of Jonathan.

“I don’t hide the fact that he (Jonathan) is my personal friend. All that happened was not totally his fault. But it is not too late to make amend. With Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as head of economic team, with people like Mrs. Nike Akande as the President of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry and others, they (the federal government) should listen to advice from people in commercial sector of the economy,” he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/16/youre-no-longer-a-military-ruler-oba-of-lagos-tells-buhari/

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by domopps(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Biko tell am!

Cheeeers

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by temitemi1(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2016
Lol pple don dey wake from their sleep o... Our lagoon king abeg tell him o grin

271 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Oba lagoon even if you bring pounds sterling, nobody is gonna give you wailers form period...

305 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by iokpebholo: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmmm lagoon loving oba has seen d real light. He is still to me a very foolish king anyway grin

196 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Chigold101(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Though this post does not say much but the problem is that those guys managing Buhari wont allow him to see or read this.

They tell him lies that all Nigerians love his leadership style thats why the man keep miss firing at all angles.

Oba u better go Aso Rock go tell this man or else u just wasted ur time.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Femich18(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2016
The Oba has Spoken... Gbam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by kossyablaze(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Oba lagoon even if you bring pounds sterling, nobody is gonna give you wailers form period...
For where? He is on his own

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by bewla(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2016
iokpebholo:
Hmmmm lagoon loving oba has seen d real light. He is still to me a very foolish king anyway grin
like the highest king in your igbo land

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by sathel(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2016
What is this man saying self? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2016
kossyablaze:
For where? He is on his own
u dey mind am, he wants to come in through the back door

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2016
d oba Don de face dollar problem.
so der eyes have opened. Ok oooh

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by mightyhazel: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2016
sathel:
What is this man saying self? undecided
hez speaking in lagoon lingua

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by jaymejate: 7:49am On Aug 16, 2016
[size=13pt]These Obas go de show, de tok anything. No wonder they're kidnapping you[/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Oluwabusobomi(f): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2016
grin
Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by veekid(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2016
He is now as clueless as gej

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by OfficialAwol(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2016
The fossils have started falling off their eyes and the Oba of the Afonjas is indirectly courting the wailers' form while some of my brothers from the waste are here defending the dullard with all energy.

Interesting

Thanks for the likes guys. I think it shows the number of those who see reason with me. If all had seen what the East saw and voted against Buhari, we would've been better off by now

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by onespecial(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2016
Lagoon crooner is lacking dollar like an addict lacking drugs. The scarcity of dollar and its biting economic situation is itching our elites badly.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by jamace(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Nonsense!

This oba is as corrupt as politicians. He should tell us how much kick backs and kickfronts he collects on behalf of his people, yet his people will not see any shishi.

These days, everybody want to be relevant by spewing rubbish.

The oba should go and sit down.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by kutchs: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2016
jamace:
Nonsense!

This oba is as corrupt as politicians. He should tell us how much kick backs and kickfronts he collects on behalf of his people, yet his people will not see any shishi.

These days, everybody want to be relevant by spewing rubbish.

The oba should go and sit down.
While I do not like the Oba for his previous careless and unguarded comments especially the 'lagoon comment' there's no way you can fault what he just said. Buhari needs to understand he left the military 31 years, he needs to learn democratic norms and values.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by arabbunkum: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2016
The Oba is already wailing with style. What a shame!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by dunkem21(m): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Buhari is still a military man..

Once a general, .. always a General cool

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by chernest2002: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2016
Oba Akiolu is applying for waillers form, waillers should I give him one?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by 400billionman: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2016
Oba Lagoon Lil Wayne.

cheesy

Whattcha say now ?

11 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Ajimight(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
no i have one extra form left i will dash him 4 $5billion that dashing ooo am not selling ooo

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by KnowAll(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2016
Tinubu speaking through his mouth piece. Tinubu is d puppet master while d oba is his puppet. Tinubu cannot be seeing to criticise Buhari. The words of powerful traditional leaders are weighted. When they cough those in authority listen.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Lilimax(f): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2016
Peoples eyes don dey open one by one including Oba Akiolu's eyes smiley

Any way there is still hope for a tree (Nigeria), If it is cut down, it will sprout again and grow new branches(Job 14:7)

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by yomalex(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2016
hmm
Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Sweetcollins: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2016
I think say nay only lgbos this senile oba can talk to...what a disappointment from a purported stooge

13 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu To Buhari: You Are Not A Military Man Anymore by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Stupid oba

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells / Edo: Oshiomhole Backs Ize-Iyamu, Dashes Odubu, Ogiemwonyi, Airhiavbere's Hope / Iara Oshiomhole Dismisses Divorce Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.