Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta (2395 Views)

Part Time Job Vacancies (effurun, Delta State) / NGSDP NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE (NAPTIN): A FEDERAL SCAM? / Ministry Of Justice Recrui (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sequel to the 21 day ultimatum issued by PENGASSAN to go on industrial action over the perpetual exploitation and non-conversion of qualified and experienced manpower in the core academic and administrative function at PTI. An MOU was reached on July 25, 2014 at the instance of the Federal Ministry of Labour & Productivity with the management of Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State. In attendance were the representatives of PENGASSAN, NUPENG, NNPC and office of the Civil Service of the Federation.
The MOU among others stipulated the employment of the out-sourced and well qualified staff in core functions of the institute in accordance with due process.
But surprisingly, instead of converting and absorbing the academic casuals/out-sourced workers, the employment exercise was completely hijacked by PTI management and the employment opportunities given to their wards, children, friends and close relations. Many irregularities and fraudulent acts recorded in the exercise.
The Principal/CEO of the institute, who was approached on the subject, said that the employment was not for experienced hands. Also, the chairperson of AP&grin committee of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources was contacted and she said that the employment was for fresh school leavers. All these responses are contradictory to the dictates of the MOU which authorized the employment of the out-sourced and well qualified staff in the core function of the institute.
In fact, many irregularities and absurdities trailed the recruitment exercise such as:-
• The employment exercise was hijacked by PTI management and other privileged members of the society.
• Public Service Institute of Nigeria (PSIN) who conducts the employment exercise was not transparent as there were allegations of falsification of scores and leakage of test questions.
• Over 150 (one hundred and fifty) workers were employed without due consideration given to the experienced academic casuals for whom the waiver for the employment was granted (see attached MOU).
• PEGASSAN (PTI chapter) obviously did not represent the interest of the academic casuals whose documents were used at the meeting to bring about the employment exercise.
• A lot of candidates who were not qualified based on the content of the advertisement were employed.
• Some serving NYSC members and relatives of the PTI management were employed as a result of Godfatherism, contrary to the specification of the advertisement. This is not in line with the minimum 2 (two) years cognate experience as specified in the advertisement.
• Some employment positions were sold for cash in the institute.
• Some HODs lobbied and brought in their candidates contrary to the guidelines on labour administration for contract staffing in the oil and gas sector.
• The irregularities led to the protest locking of the school gates by the host community.
We therefore wish to submit that the employment exercise was supposed to be solely meant for the contract/academic casuals who have been tested and found competent on the job. In the first place, there was no need for the first and second Computer Based Tests (CBT) as all this negates the terms of the MOU. This is why we strongly believe that there is a clear miscarriage of justice that must be cleaned up and corrected accordingly. Finally we wish to give the PTI management some food for thought:-
• Their children, wards and close relations, are they the perpetually exploited members of staff?
• Are they the non-converted, qualified and experienced manpower in the core administrative and academic functions of the institute?
• Were guidelines on labour administrative issues in contract staffing/out-sourcing in the oil & gas sector taken into cognizance and complied with?
• Who were the waivers for employment, submitted to the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation by PTI meant for?
• Who are the staff not to be victimized as referred to in the MOU? [See item 3(iv)].
In view of the above, it is clear and obvious that the employment exercise carried out by PTI is meant for the conversion of the qualified and experienced manpower in core administrative and academic function of the institute contrary to the charade called employment as contracted out to the PSIN.
In conclusion, we the academic casuals of the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun are crying out for justice.
Academic casuals
Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun.

Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by warripekin(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmmm! MOD front page pls.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by niyogeol(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
We will sure get over nepotism as a country one day!
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
All we ask for is for the right thing to be done. some of us have been with the system for over five years. The MOU reached by all the interested parties in the matter agreed we should be converted as started in the MOU. We are crying out for help!
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by nairaman66(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Prayer is the best way to meet The Lord, but trespassing this property will make it faster! grin
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
nairaman66:
Prayer is the best way to meet The Lord, but trespassing this property will make it faster! grin
Yes o! Prayer is the key but God can still use humans to help us do the battle.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by nairaman66(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
ozilala:

Yes o! Prayer is the key but God can still use humans to help us do the battle.

I doubt if you got my message! grin
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
There goes the man know man trend...the day we move beyond man know man,its the day we become productive in nigeria.. angry
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ITbomb(m): 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
The most outrageous one was employing a serving Youth Corper as full staff in place of the experienced staff
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by DaGC(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
I thought this was resolved last year. Abi na 2 PTI dey? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by JayTeeA(f): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
shebi employing corp members is evn beta... what about the ones that havnt evn served that were employed... I still wonder if ethics still exist in my beloved country cry
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by gulfer: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Don't worry, Captain America GMB will put an end to all that soon cool cool
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by Nutase: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
tongue
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
This injustice must be addressed by GMB and the casual given due justice o!
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
We will not give up o until justice is done. We need help from fellow Nigerian to address this issue urgently pls.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ruqoyah26(f): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2015
I wonder ooo. Together we stand, united we are.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2015
Fellow Nigerians pls help us get justice on this matter. We ve been on the job for over 5years now. Also, our document was used by PENGASSAN to fight for the employment that led to the MOU. Pls help us.
Re: Miscarriage Of Justice At Petroleum Training Institute.(p.t.i.) Effurun, Delta by ozilala: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2015
we need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! on this issue pls.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PART 2: Important Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV / Unilever Field Sales Officer Assessment 2016 / Job Alart: Inec Adhoc Staff For 2019 Election... Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.