Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel (30214 Views)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / Judge Declines Stoppage Of Fayose’s Impeachment Proceeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Tell that to the judge who will rule that the actions of the 7 lawmakers is null and void in the first place....
You see, this is where you and the embattled speaker erred. You don't preempt the ruling of the court. Why don't Omirin wait for the courts to void the actions of the 7 lawmakers before he can fully legislate as a speaker. As of now, the court still don't recognise Omirin as speaker thus whatever actions he takes now would be voided. He's jumping the gun and holding the court in contempt (he was even the one who instituted the court case!) which is a serious offence.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by mozel247: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fayose presented himself to be use as scapegoat. gonna b from governor to prison. Story of how a man will mess up u

Lessons

The only place that constantly change is the top.
U gat power today.. super-power that did undermined urs will surely come. Is turn by turn
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Horllamideh(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Will Fayose's impeachment affect his deputy?
In a way YES
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Lindseyrd: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
2n2k:
The Apc members of the house should let go because

1. They were suspended by the minority and they naively took the case to court instead of fighting it out like that mace man in rivers state. Until court decides, they remain suspended and shouldn't be sitting as members.

2. What mace are they using to sit?

3. Even if they illegally impeach fayose and his deputy outside the chamber, court will overturn it.

4. Let us even assume they are able to lay their hands on the mace and impeach the governor and his deputy, the term of the speaker ends early June. A new speaker likely to be a member of pdp will take over and election for a new governor will take place under a pdp speaker/acting governor. How has Apc benefited?
My friend,there is a pending case in court about his eligibility which is a straightforward case.The constitution says you cannot contest any election within 10 years after being indicted by administrative panel.Fayose was indicted and impeached.
Fayose best bet is to resign now and contest in 2019 when he will be eligible to contest again.oh what am I talking about,that means he would have been swore in twice.Wa oh this is another constitutional wataloo.Now trying to find a way out for this hass hole.Yes got one,he can do that as a proxy by supporting one of his children.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Mynd44: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You see, this is where you and the embattled speaker erred. You don't preempt the ruling of the court. Why don't Omirin wait for the courts to void the actions of the 7 lawmakers before he can fully legislate as a speaker. As of now, the court still don't recognise Omirin as speaker thus whatever actions he takes now would be voided. He's jumping the gun and holding the court in contempt (he was even the one who instituted the court case!) which is a serious offence.
You have no idea here. He can simply withdrawal his lawsuit and say he is no more interested. Have you seen the other speaker come out to speak? His security detail has been withdrawn sef.

It is like someone walking into a house you built and says he owns the place so you should go to court to throw him out just because you have been out of the country

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by holatin(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Yes, it will be illegal. Let me tell you why:

1. The so called 19 rep members abdicated from legislative duty for a very long time

2. The 19 rep members were subsequently removed from the house for by the remaining house members in accordance with existing laws in the house

3. Thus the impeached speaker, along with the other removed reps cannot perform any legislative duty with effect from when they were impeached

4. The embattled speaker is challenging his impeachment in the court so he should wait for the court judgement. His actions at present is in contempt of the court.

5. Fayose was never served any impeachment notice. The law stipulates that he be served but in the instance where he's elusive, he can be served by publishing the impeachment notice in several newspapers via paid adverts. None of this was done. We only saw an ecopy of the impeachment notice on the social media, we are not even sure if that thing on the social media is from the 19 reps or if it was even doctored.

So you see, there's a lot of illegality in the impeachment proceeding.

I hope I've enlightened your brain now?

1) The so called 19 rep members abdicated from
legislative duty for a very long time

pls what is d issue that made them abdicated their duty ?
what the reason and issue a normal one

2. The 19 rep members were subsequently removed
from the house for by the remaining house members in
accordance with existing laws in the house

you mean 6 greater than 19 is accordingly to the law of the house.
u must be fucking kidding

3. Thus the impeached speaker, along with the other
removed reps cannot perform any legislative duty with
effect from when they were impeached

since they are removed unlawfully, so their is no real impeachment case on them,they are active as we speaks.

5 . Fayose was never served any impeachment notice.
The law stipulates that he be served but in the instance
where he's elusive, he can be served by publishing the
impeachment notice in several newspapers via paid
adverts. None of this was done. We only saw an ecopy
of the i......

Really ??
seven fayose will laugh at this joke of yours
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by kinibigdeal(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
udokpuenyi:

I thought these 19 legislators are still contesting their expulsion in a law court. Have the court determine that case?

The truth is that, tinubu don't like anyone challenging him, he always love been the only god sayer. Edo state assembly is more worrisome, no one is talking about it. What was the offense of fayose? Nothing I guess, because he refuse to bow to jagaban. Fayose won the election free and fair, people voted for him because they are tired of fayemi administration, they went ahead to clone a video called 'ekitigate' which was not true. Atleast the result of the presidential election in the state proof him right. APC will never concede defeat but they want others to, they want rivers election cancelled but kano, bauchi, katstina, gombe e.t.c are fair abi? APC is a big threat to Nigeria democracy. God will see fayose through!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ud4u: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83

if fayose is sent to prison, where will your apc chieftain tinubu be

apc have yet been installed and they want to send the whole nigerians in prison and lagoon, how much more when you are installed. let me remind you people once more that we are in democratic setting.

apc apc apc, i dey cry for this nation cry cry cry, na once chance una don enter

this apc is really a big treat to nigerian decent democracy

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

You have no idea here. He can simply withdrawal his lawsuit and say he is no more interested. Have you seen the other speaker come out to speak? His security detail has been withdrawn sef.

It is like someone walking into a house you built and says he owns the place so you should go to court to throw him out just because you have been out of the country
You obviously don't know what's happening in Ekiti. His security detail wasn't withdrawn, stop lying. Both factions have their own security detail.

And I want to let you know that a rep can be removed from the house if he fails to appear in house sittings for a stipulated period of time. So it can be arguedvthat those 19 rep members were legitimately removed. The example you gave doesn't holdvwater here. No rep member owns or built anything, they are all tenants. The landlord is the electorate. This is democracy.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by HzRF(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:
Nice move, i can't just wait to see him in kirikiri faded uniform.

I wonder the kind of human he is because he doesn't behave normal and i wonder the kind of woman who agreed to have him as husband. choi! Women with their love for money, that woman is really coping.

Keep fooling thy self
Hw can omirin challenging his removal as speaker be acting as a speaker at d same time
Instead to campaign they are busy forming Rambo
Well they've realised PDP is ekiti
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by HzRF(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
Report from Ekiti said the people are strongly behind Fayose.
the lawmakers are simply wasting their time cos election is less than 48 hrs when they will become irrelevant.
PDP is going to sweep all the state house of assembly just as in march 28th election
They knw ekiti iz PDP
Just forming Arnold
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by HzRF(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:

Let the pdp lawmakers sweep whatever they want to sweep, may 29 is still far. Lawmakers will become irrelevant after may 29, no saviour can save this man.
They waste ur time
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by spiralwedge(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
the lawmakers are simply wasting their time cos election is less than 48 hrs when they will become irrelevant.
PDP is going to sweep all the state house of assembly just as in march 28th election

even after the election, they still have 6 good weeks (before May 29th) to impeach his smelly a.ss
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Mynd44: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You obviously don't know what's happening in Ekiti. His security detail wasn't withdrawn, stop lying. Both factions have their own security detail.

And I want to let you know that a rep can be removed from the house if he fails to appear in house sittings for a stipulated period of time. So it can be arguedvthat those 19 rep members were legitimately removed. The example you gave doesn't holdvwater here. No rep member owns or built anything, they are all tenants. The landlord is the electorate. This is democracy.
Suspended by who? For the assembly to even meet to suspend them, a one third is needed is 7 one third of 26? Hence the lawmakers were not suspended at all as the action of those guys were just jokes. Why go to court?

The other speaker's security has been withdrawn. He was on TB recently complaining
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
pls what is d issue that made them abdicated their duty ?
what the reason and issue a normal one
They abdicated their duty because they weren't ready to serve the people who elected them. They had their own personal motive.

you mean 6 greater than 19 is accordingly to the law of the house.
u must be fucking kidding
Bros, they weren't removed by the 6 casting vote and the 19 casting a counter vote, no. They were removed because they were not attending house sittings, simple. The law is clear on that. Go and pick the laws guiding the house members and educate yourself.

since they are removed unlawfully, so their is no real impeachment case on them,they are active as we speaks.
They were not unlawfully removed. They were removed because they were not attending house sittings. It was a legitimate removal. I will give you an example: If in a class of 26 students, 19 fail to make the stipulated 70% attendance, the 19 students will definitely not be allowed to write the exams. Regardless of whether 19 is in the majority or minority, kapish?

Really ??
seven fayose will laugh at this joke of yours
You are the one who he'll be laughing at. He will be laughing at your ignorance in political matters grin
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by olaniyanc: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:
Nice move, i can't just wait to see him in kirikiri faded uniform.

I wonder the kind of human he is because he doesn't behave normal and i wonder the kind of woman who agreed to have him as husband. choi! Women with their love for money, that woman is really coping.

FAYOSE IS AN ANIMAL. HE SHOULD BE CAGED PERMANENTLY AND THE KEY THROWN AWAY PERMANENTLY. EVIL INCARNATE. MAMA PISS BOY, BOY!!!!!!!iiii
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by kunleeko(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
chymystique:
[font=serif]I really pity fayose.. He should take his problems to God through prayers he can save him.. fayose ve faith and dnt give up yet! cool
[/fonvt]
He created his own problems, he had a rare chance because fate has been benevolence to him, but what did he do? He Started attacking his enemies once he got there, he didn't remember that there is karma. Abeg, he should face the consequences of his actions.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by seeker121(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
hmnnnnn fayose is a goner
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by nationwide1(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
Leave them to keep dreaming.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by GoodGovernance: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

This is the most stupid comment I had come across on Nairaland!

Court not recognizing the constitution?

7 out of 26 impeaching a speaker?

I weep for the future of Nigeria cry
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Suspended by who? For the assembly to even meet to suspend them, a one third is needed is 7 one third of 26? Hence the lawmakers were not suspended at all as the action of those guys were just jokes. Why go to court?

The other speaker's security has been withdrawn. He was on TB recently complaining
Bros, quit lying. Dele Olugbemi's security details hasn't been removed.

Why go to court? Who went to court first? Omirin. Has he gotten his judgement? No. Has he withdrawn the case ftom the court? No. Then why is he deceiving himself by parading himself as a speaker? Honestly, I don't know.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
GoodGovernance:

This is the most stupid comment I had come across on Nairaland!

Court not recognizing the constitution?

7 out of 26 impeaching a speaker?

I weep for the future of Nigeria cry
Even the constitution needs to be interpreted by the courts before the courts can make a statement. You claimed 7 impeaching a speaker is unconstitutional, why don't you wait for the courts to make that declaration themselves since the matter is in court? Uou really need to keep on weeping.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by juman(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Well anyway sha na election thing.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Integrafamoo: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
[email][/email] Gov Fayose is a stubborn boy but loved by his people. As a politician, if u have the support of the masses is like having God's support. Dont be deceived by what u hear or read on media. Fayose is going no where. He is the Jagaban of Ekiti.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by UmarNajim: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fayose wanted problem and that is what he's facing.......
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by GoodGovernance: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Even the constitution needs to be interpreted by the courts before the courts can make a statement. You claimed 7 impeaching a speaker is unconstitutional, why don't you wait for the courts to make that declaration themselves since the matter is in court? Uou really need to keep on weeping.

Ignorance is a disease indeed.

The court case had been withdrawn due to very authoritative legal counsel.Going to court was like a glorification of the highest level of impunity and a clear unconstitutional misconduct.

The latest impeachment move for gross misconduct(including open declaration and support for a breach of the constitution,contrary to the governor's oath of office),is by far a better option.

Unfortunately,partisanship has caused many hitherto good brains,to malfunction.What a shame!

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by abdulsemiualeem(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
MUMU
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by GoodGovernance: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
abdulsemiualeem:
MUMU

Mumu indeed.

I had earlier stated that partisanship had caused many hitherto good brains to malfunction.

May be we should let him know that the tenure of the current legislators cannot not end on April 11,but earliest,May 29,2015.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Helpfromabove(m): 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:

U don't understand the game at all ,ven if they lose next tomorrow ,they still hqve until June 6 ,to stay and act ,which is more than enough time to impeach both fayose qnd the deputy ,then apc will member (the speacker ) will be the acting governor..........
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by wealth123: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:

The present legislators will be there till May 29 and by then FAYOSE would have been impeached.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Revolution: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
How on earth did Foyose, who was impeached in 2006 become the Governor of Ekiti again? I though the constitution says anyone who was impeached is barred from running for office.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Lewis1988: 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sit down in your room and send anything u like here. No one can remove Fayose cos we elected him. Only the Electorate can remove him. Come 11th of April another 16 0 is about to be repeated the third time. 85 percent of Ekiti people are behind the peoples gov.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Raises Alarm Over Governor Fayose’s Mental Condition / APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike / Buhari Plans Mass Retirement Of Corrupt Military Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.