Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos (1262 Views)

Femi-Fani Kayode Still Detained By EFCC: Silencing Of Opposition - Aide / Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition / With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
I have had several rants going on that the igbos want to form a bloc opposition party.

Why that might have been a wise political decision,i think the calculation is very wrong.

Igbos have to be united in opposition, maybe, but it's never the type of opposition offered by PDP. The people that make the decisions in the PDP are northerners. PDP was never formed with any ideals of the igboman in it's forefront manifesto nor is any igbo man holding a strategic position in the PDP.

GEJ knows this. He has seen his mistakes that is why he is roving about now meeting the northerners that matters. One would have thought that GEJ should have thanked the Igbos for their massive support during his re=election bid. But how many igbos have the president met after his defeat?

The igbos are on the verge of being used again. This is exactly what is going to play out after buhari's tenure.

With the way PDP is laundering GEJ's Image, it is obvious that they would want to present him for the next presidential election. Again, south south's interest would be covered and the igbos would still be left to wallow in the dark.

If Igbos truly want to form an opposition, then it should be with a party that has the igbos ideals in its manifesto. A party that was formed by the igbos, for the igbos. it should be APGA.

Honestly, if we can rally ourselves around APGA, we would end up forming a very close unit that would be the envy of other regions. We would be elections decider and therefore in a better position to negotiate.

PDP is not the igboman's party....tufiakwa.

Shachris.

1 Like

Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by weirdtee: 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Simply put, OP,u intend and want igbos to form United Party of Biafra?. (UPB)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
weirdtee:
Simply put, OP,u intend and want igbos to form United Party of Biafra?. (UPB)

call it whatever you like. We need a party that protects our interest. We have been marginalized for long and it's time the igbos leave their shops in onitsha and aba to start political strategist. That is what the northerners do all year. believe me, they have started plotting for next elections already.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
I don't think APGA can make an Igbo man president. The best way to go it for the Igbo leaders to come together and decide what they want. If they want the number one position, then they must form alliance with other regions. They can get that by isolating themselves.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
dcaliph:
I don't think APGA can man an Igbo man president. The best way to go it for the Igbo leaders to come together and decide what they want. If they want the number one position, then they must form alliance with other regions. They can get that by isolating themselves.

Apga might not give them the presidency but it would give them a bigger bargaining power if they all rally round it.

it's like this,

"oga we would send our soon to PDP. If you make him presidential candidate, we in apga would deliver your party in our region. if not , we would make sure you fail.

you see?
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
imagine touts like wike defacing ojukwu our hero.

Ikwere man would only agree he is igbo when he is seeking political position. go to ikwere land and see How they treat igbos
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Jokay07(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nice point only if they won't blame the yorubas again for their political misfortunes
grin
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
shachris:

Apga might not give them the presidency but it would give them a bigger bargaining power if they all rally round it.

it's like this,

"oga we would send our soon to PDP. If you make him presidential candidate, we in apga would deliver your party in our region. if not , we would make sure you fail.

you see?

I don't think it can work that way, don't forget pdp lost with the massive support of the east.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jokay07:
Nice point only if they won't blame the yorubas again for their political misfortunes
grin

my people having since been AWOL in Nigerian politics. we believed more in business. But we are coming back now and you people better watch it.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
dcaliph:

I don't think it can work that way, don't forget pdp lost with the massive support of the east.

you Don't get it. any party between Apc and PDP that gets Apgas vote would surely win the election. we got almost 11 million vote in 2011. That's deciding.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by demmie1: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jokay07:
grin

Why not? all Igbo misfortunes are from the Yorubas cool
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by seunfly: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
shachris:

call it whatever you like. We need a party that protects our interest. We have been marginalized for long and it's time the igbos leave their shops in onitsha and aba to start political strategist. That is what the northerners do all year. believe me, they have started plotting for next elections already.

I'm not Igbo but you are right, if you study southwest politics, you will notice they like to form strong regional opposition party. This is not a sweet and smooth journey because you will face a lot of sidelines, gang up, denial, delebrate distabilasation and bait will be thrown at you but if you can focus, avoid sentiments, strategize ahead of your opponents, it pays a lot.
With history and anticedent, can Igbo form such party?
Can they take their eyes of the bait?
Can they avoid sentiments and be realistic?
Can they unit against all dirt thrown by the main party without stairing hatred that will discourage others to accept the party?
Can they wait patiently till the golden opportunities comes up?

All this needs to be answered before you dambled into idea of opposition.

In my honest opinion, I think the new opposition will rise again from the north or southwest just after Buhari will finish is tenure.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by QuotaSystem: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
I was waiting for some NL's to finish fooling themselves about the SE infiltrating and taking over the PDP, they don't realize the PDP was birthed by northerners, is run by northerners, and belongs to northerners. The shock that will jolt people like Wike in a post-Jonathan PDP is still skipping rope grin.
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Ikengawo: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
What's wrong with owning PDP and APGA the way we own the East and Lagos?
Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ikengawo:
What's wrong with owning PDP and APGA the way we own the East and Lagos?

same way you Don't own Lagos, you can never own PDP. you Don't cultivate Where you didn't plant.

1 Like

Re: The Deciet Of Opposition - Igbos by Jokay07(m): 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
shachris:

my people having since been AWOL in Nigerian politics. we believed more in business. But we are coming back now and you people better watch it.
good! You better tell your people to stick to their business trend instead of being used like a political puppet. grin

(1) (Reply)

Faces Of Political Thugs Arrested At Waterside Bridge In Obingwa , Abia State / The Top Secret About Nigeria The U S Will Not Let You Know / Gbajabiamila And Doganra Emmarge As Speaker Of The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.