Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition (23884 Views)

Murray-Bruce: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Not A Witch-Hunt / Fayose Hails Buhari Over Negotiation With Niger Delta Militants / Femi-Fani Kayode Still Detained By EFCC: Silencing Of Opposition - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by reportnaija(m): 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Read the press statement from Ekiti state governor below...

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has hailed the international community, especially the United States of America and the United Kingdom for joining lovers of democracy in Nigeria to speak out against the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of President Buhari's use of State security apparatus to oppress opposition.

He called on the British Government to investigate the allegation of the use of British foreign aid given to Nigeria to help combat Boko Haram terrorists to fund a witch-hunt against opposition politicians with a view to preventing continuous use of fund belonging to the country wrongly. Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Governor Fayose said the international community must focus attention on Nigeria under President Buhari, saying; "rights of Nigerians are now being trampled upon with impunity."

In its report, the United States Department of States, accused the Nigerian police, DSS and the military of gross abuse of power which include citizens brutality, arbitrary detention,bribery among other scandals Also, the United Kingdom based Telegraph newspaper published this week that hundreds of millions of pounds of British foreign aid given to Nigeria to help combat Boko Haram terrorists was instead being used to fund a witch-hunt against opposition politicians.

Governor Fayose, who is presently in Guangzhou, China to attend the 119th China Import and Export Fair otherwise known as the Canton Fair between April 14 and 19, said the United Kingdom Telegraph newspaper was right in its report that the Buhari’s government was using British aid money to target his political opponents, particularly through anti corruption agencies ans the Department of State Services (DSS).

He said only the international community could help prevail on President Buhari to respect the rule of law and stop ruling Nigeria like a military dictator. The governor described the United States Department of States report as another vindication of his position on the Buhari-led government's abuse of the rights of Nigerians, saying; "everything I predicted about Buhari is coming to pass and the international community must assist the country to sustain democracy."

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/fayose-hails-us-govt-uk-telegraph.html

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by dukie25: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose is now the official leader of the opposition, seems the PDP as a party have abdicated their responsibility.

Thank God for Peter Ayodele Fayose, the oshokomale of Yoruba land and Nigeria .

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by adenine02: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
i dont knw hw ekiti pple could still allow this man to be ruling them

and the still claim they ar the most educated pple in the country

check out this photo of him posted today

does it look anytin like wat dey claim e was doing

check it fr urself

other governor r tryin to elp dr pple

buh e s fooling his pple

or they r fooling themself

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
This guy talks too much and no matter how much sense he makes he is bound to look foolish one day, maybe today is that day, I mean how can you go outside your country to insult your own president in the name of politics, those people he is talking about are their cases not in court? Has Buhari ordered their lock up without trial?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by dukie25: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
[s]
KingJhean:
This guy talks too much and no matter how much sense he makes he is bound to look foolish one day, maybe today is that day, I mean how can you go outside your country to insult your own president in the name of politics, those people he is talking about are their cases not in court? Has Buhari ordered their lock up without trial?
[/s]

Bros shut up quick quick.
When Amaechi was opposing every policy of Jonathan you people named him the lion of ubima.

232 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Joel3(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
now this is getting interesting. it turns out buhari is losing popularity. this is how it all started with Gej.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by dukie25: 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Joel3:
now this is getting interesting. it turns out buhari is losing popularity. this is how it all started with Gej.

Buhari might be stoned in future, pastor suleiman or whatever he is called predicted it.
Bubu might not last as long as he did in 1985.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Validated: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ọkunrin alagbara ti Yorubaland, Ayo Fayose the great. The Lion of Oodua!!! The slayer of APC and cub of Bourdillon. NOTHING DO YOU!!! grin
Honestly, if not for Fayose, I have always believed the long held notion that, majority of Yoruba people were cowards, but Fayose has disproved that. By the time the lizard of Ubima comes to compare notes, he would realise that he was just a 'nuisance' then!!!

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Uchan4u(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fearless Ayo Fayose... the voice of the voiceless

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by JesusmyGod1: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
fayose d only man in oduduwa kingdom

God bless u

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by adezjamz(m): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose, tell Nigerians what you want. We aren't fools.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Sijo01(f): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose, the tormenter of booohari cheesy

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by tomholly: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose is now the official leader of the opposition, seems the PDP as a party have abdicated their responsibility.

Thank God for Peter Ayodele Fayose, the oshokomale of Yoruba land and Niger
reportnaija:
Read the press statement from Ekiti state governor below...

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has hailed the international community, especially the United States of America and the United Kingdom for joining lovers of democracy in Nigeria to speak out against the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of President Buhari's use of State security apparatus to oppress opposition.

He called on the British Government to investigate the allegation of the use of British foreign aid given to Nigeria to help combat Boko Haram terrorists to fund a witch-hunt against opposition politicians with a view to preventing continuous use of fund belonging to the country wrongly. Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Governor Fayose said the international community must focus attention on Nigeria under President Buhari, saying; "rights of Nigerians are now being trampled upon with impunity."

In its report, the United States Department of States, accused the Nigerian police, DSS and the military of gross abuse of power which include citizens brutality, arbitrary detention,bribery among other scandals Also, the United Kingdom based Telegraph newspaper published this week that hundreds of millions of pounds of British foreign aid given to Nigeria to help combat Boko Haram terrorists was instead being used to fund a witch-hunt against opposition politicians.

Governor Fayose, who is presently in Guangzhou, China to attend the 119th China Import and Export Fair otherwise known as the Canton Fair between April 14 and 19, said the United Kingdom Telegraph newspaper was right in its report that the Buhari’s government was using British aid money to target his political opponents, particularly through anti corruption agencies ans the Department of State Services (DSS).

He said only the international community could help prevail on President Buhari to respect the rule of law and stop ruling Nigeria like a military dictator. The governor described the United States Department of States report as another vindication of his position on the Buhari-led government's abuse of the rights of Nigerians, saying; "everything I predicted about Buhari is coming to pass and the international community must assist the country to sustain democracy."

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/fayose-hails-us-govt-uk-telegraph.html

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nna eh this fayose is a real pain in buharis a$s, the guy is incredably fearless,

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by jjwaterfalls(f): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wow

1 Like

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by caleb404: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
KingJhean:

Buhari insulted us all when he came to UK. He called us criminals.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Virginkpekus(f): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Who wan chop meat?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by scachy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Bros shut up quick, quick.
When Amaechi was opposing every policy of Jonathan you people named him the lion of ubima.
Your head is correct my guy. Don't mind zombies.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by JVgal(f): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
KingJhean:

The same president dat went out to insult the whole citizens?

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by drstan(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
their is this feelings you get when you are on front page, especially when your like is like 100 ,gosh! wish some person can help me with that feelings tonight ..... for over two years since I got that feelings ,am seriously starved of that feelings..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by johnwizey: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose omo iya oni diaper, u talk too much. Omo pau bi canned beer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Anikulhapo(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose is a nonsense man
Sijo01:
Fayose, the tormenter of booohari cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by mekaboy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
KingJhean:

What about the president that goes out to call Nigerians criminals?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by OPCYOUTH: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
I love this man, he is the greatest politician in SW Nigeria.

Here is a man who President Buhari is scared of.

APC tremble whenever they hear his name.

LORD HELP ME TO BE LIKE FAYOSE WHEN I BECOME A POLITICIAN....... AMEN

26 Likes

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by popcykaylah(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
I just like as buhari dey ignore this fool..Make he dey run him mouth..wonder if his children don't speak to him

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by adukenny(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
I don't blame Fayose at all, i blamed President Buhari who allows Fayose to behave as a if he is above the law. Can Fayose try this with Obasanjo? Its high time PMB reduce the milk of kindness in him and dealt with foolish man called Fayose. I equally blame our Party leaders who are Camelon in their approach.. Ever since PMB travelled to UAE and stop the likes of Fayose from withdrawing their ill-gotten money away from the Country, Fayose is doing everythin humanly possible to kill PMB, this includes all forms of spiritual nonsense. But, he forgets that President Buhari is a tree in the garden of God almighty, whoever decides to cut him down will find himself being uprooted.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by fiu1234: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose God bless u

15 Likes

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by jkendy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
You can call him a thug or taut or garage man. But one sure thing, so fascinating about this man is his fearless nature nd bluntness.
Carry on with your 'out cry' my courageous role model!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by xreal2(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
KingJhean:

Same way PMB has been going outside the country to inform us about his government's policies. Remind me, who was it that referred to most Nigerians as criminals while addressing foreigners?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by searchng4love: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
Truckpusher:
Fayose is simply giving the APC the kind of opposition they introduced into our polity and it's well with me.
Oluwabusobomi:

Where were you when El Rufai and Amaechi were busy molesting GEJ?

cheesy APC set the field for abusing Presidents.... we warned them...but they shouted louder.... now here comes someone to repay them in their own coin.

Oshokomole, Irunmole to nje fried rice.... he can easily cage Tinubu given the right apparatus he's done it twice and can do it again...he knows the solution to the APC problem...lai moh'd is a learner compared to him.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by tuzle(m): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
fayose again, as much as i like him, he talks too much
Re: Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition by Oluwabusobomi(f): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
May God continue to strengthen the Oshokomole

Buhari is a dullard

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Collapses Over Fear Of Losing His House, Buruji Kashamu Comes To His Aid / Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says / Uloma Nwosu Drags Governor Ihedioha, Others To Court Over Mall Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.