Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,258 members, 7,853,286 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

What A Day To Remember. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What A Day To Remember. (674 Views)

27 January 2002: A Day To Remember / Happy Boxing Day To All Nairalanders / Happy International Women's Day To All Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Day To Remember. by walexng(f): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2009
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#990000][/color] sadI'm sad because of what the Government is doing concerning this and I'm using this colour to depict the agony(since red stands for that in African context)people of all walks of lifes went through on this date(27-01-2001).
It was on a sunny sunday at about 5:30pm when people of Lagos state started hearing a huge sound of explosion which as at that very minute the source wasn't known until fews minutes later.
    Mother ran from their various places to their houses to ensure the safety of their families,fathers were not left out in the struggle as children also picked their phones to enquire the whereabout of their parents.
Little did most of us know that with the first sound heard,hundreds of souls had been killed and hundreds injured.If my memory hasn't failed me,Lagosians were expecting the then president of Nigeria the person of Olusegun Obasanjo.
   People were displaced,lives were loss,properties were damaged,dreams were shattered and hope were loss.
Bearing all this in mind,should these people be left so suffer knowing the cause of the jeopady was not from them.Till dates,hundreds of those affected people still find shelter,food,tangible means of livelihood where is most definitely they can't get.
My message here is that our Government should try and help this people because their also Nigerians and should benefit from whatever Nigeria has instead of them(States Governors and Fed. Government) fighting over EXCESS CRUDE OIL FUNDS.
Let us do the right thing at the right time.
I'm using this opportunity to wish many of them who are still alive and looking up to God for favour that they shall find it where they least expected,to those who loss theie lives,may their tgentle souls rest in the blossom of God Almighty.
Re: What A Day To Remember. by Moyola(f): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
What a day!! shocked Bomb blast!
I vividly remember the chaos.
I actually tot twas the end of the world o.

walexng:

I'm using this opportunity to wish many of them who are still alive and looking up to God for favour that they shall find it where they least expected,to those who loss theie lives,may their tgentle souls rest in the blossom of God Almighty.

Amin!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Born Day Tgirl4real / Please I Need Help With Php Session / Let Try This Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.