Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (63729 Views)

15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / Help.. My 4 Years Old Marriage Is Gradually Crashing Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Dyt(f): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Hey....Are you the wife in question?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@Multicast, you need to make sure she sees a marriage councillor, she is still behaving like a girlfriend instead of a wife.

She needs to grow up and get mature!!!!

Wives are babies too and we can't always be matured
I didn't comment all along cos I am same
cheesy grin
She is even soft
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by HappyAdams: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2015
My dear Nigerian brother, ur case is exactly same with mine. The only difference is that my own marriage is about 5 yrs old. Pls, I will appreciate if we can have personal communication via either whatsapp, email, FB or phone that would help us ameliorate, cope or stop these. My email is [ ccn.abike@gmail.com ]. Pls, send me mssg (if possible) and I will send you both my phone number and FB and I will even prefer calling/visiting you. I understand your situation. There are more to share with u. I was there, I am there and I might be there. I pray almost every day because of this.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 10, 2015
I must commend u fr asking for help.Av been married for about 27 years so i am giving you an opinion based on experience.When i got married,my buddies who got married same time with me went thru this type of experience.They did not speak up,those who did refused to take advise.What happened,the wives got worse,continued to nag even when they {d wives}were in total control.Yet the men got tired along the line and they finally separated or divorced.Their chilren are the worse for it today,because i also see these children.
In my own case,my wife started that way.I made as much noise as she did,registered my displeasure at her attitude even when we are on an event.I mean i responded each time she started no matter where,{in public or at home.}yet i remained committed to the marriage because above all these episodes, i still loved her.We were also having our children.Somehow,in the process she began to see that it is not beneficial to any one if the woman decides to be a nag.The change started coming from her gradually,and i also adjusted as she did.The persistent quarells reduced.We are still happily married,facing lives challenges together.The love has also grown beyond my imagination.
Do all you can to be in charge now.Leave love to be in the background.Women are like the stem of planted yam seed.If you dont direct it,it can grow towards the wrong direction.
Reduce doing house chores,stop doing errands,do less talking,spring financial surprises some times and never you lift your hands on her.She will surely soften up.If she doesnt after you apply all thses,then be assured that she is not actually your wife.
Finally,dont complain to any one.If she does and someone asks you,treat her complain with levity.It will turn out fine.Best wishes. 08022956777 Johnson

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Bruno3000(m): 8:57am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
she was a little bit of a stubborn and volatile person but its worse now.
gbam!... Those were d signs of "things" to cum. Buh u ignored dem cos u were in love. Now, u hv to carry ur own cross while praying things get better as ur marriage matures.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by mcyemite(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Maybe the sex isn't as good as u tot...straff her harder!!!!.the respect sef go too much.. grin
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Abbey2sam(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2015
bro op; sometimes love is not just enough, you have to give a taste of her own medicine......women hates to be ignore, just ignore her when she start with her attitude, don't even notice her,

all this is to monitor how far she can go without talking to you

trust me she keep doing those things because you end apologising for what is not your fault every time........she's only taking advantage of that
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
I am a fervent reader on Nairaland and i dont miss this forum in 1 day, i have seen people share their concerns here and a lot of people have contributed through their comments, though some are hillarious while others are on point. i will appreciate matured responses.

I did not marry a stranger to start with and its why i am very pained cuz i come here on nairaland and see how people get frustrated about their marriage based on cogent reasons but mine is different.

first of all, I got married in february and am already very tired of my wife, not because she isnt very sexy or good in bed as other may experienced but because my wife starts arguments from little things as little as why did u miss my call, even if its a BBM call thats dependent of network, after hours of begging i have to end up with uncountable "am sorry".

secondly, my wife find it very easy to engage in malice for days without bothering to reconcile, and i have to talk to her over again and make her see reason why such act is not good in marriage, for which she will later apologize and the next day or same day she is back again in another episode.

thirdly, every man love to be respected, when my wife starts her drama about missed call or other flimsy excuses, she starts talking to me like am her junior brother, calling me names and after noticing how mad i am with her, she will apologize but always repeat such act.

i feel the amount of love and attention she gets from me is too much and i am beginning to think i should make her understand what it feels like to have a frustrated marriage. though am yet to do that.

i honestly am not perfect but i have never used any harsh word while addressing her even when she is obviously wrong, i dont do so because i know the feeling when she use them for me. i wish i could anyway.

i grew up in a place where women are highly regarded and well treated and maybe its affecting me because i also help her do chores and i dont push all the house work to her as most men do.

i noticed i am always very unhappy and depressed the moment she comes up with this episodes and it may be because i love her so much and this is beginning to affect how i study and i might be forced to push her away first by not giving her attention as i used to.

My fellow Nairalanders, i respect ur opinion, hillarious ones and reasonable ones, marriage is not a bed of roses, i love my wife and i am not cheating on her, i am 100% married to her alone but her attitude is frustrating and i might have to leave her in the end. i hope i get lucky and this make FP so i can learn from experienced members before i take a decision, as we speak she has began the malice episode with me and if i dont apologize to her in 3 days, she is ready to go that far too.

sad sad sad cry

. My brother marriage is 4 better for worse, give her time maybe she will change beside I haven't hear her side of d story. Marriage is all about patient.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by papabaks(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Young03:

u call d two parties invold in a meetin(ur parents nd hers ) tell dem wats happenin,if afta all and it still continues..den u can send her on exile

HAHAAA! the wrongest advice ever... Please this should be resolved between you both without any involvement of any family member. Bikoo
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by captainjoh(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=lordizak post=32541897][/quote] very easy, since u have talk to her and she refuse to stop. always call her for morning and evening prayers, make her the prayers point and ask God to change her. she will get frustrated and quit the attitude
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by menix(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2015
akanoye15:
I hope is not the woman i divorced u went to marry? grin grin grin grin cus your story is just like mine. i lasted 3months with my ex wife. my brother divorce her b4 its too late. i almost lost my life loving and wanting my marriage to stay. move on for fresh air and change grin grin grin grin

Broz!!! U re d man, abeg take diz money nd lavish on ursef nd com bak 4 more..

Seriously u said my mind...

Ordinary repeating mysef to a normal gal fwend gets her a red card.

Som1 lik mii datz hates nagging, talkative nd d worst insultive partner wont even last 2 month under my roof cous she go go long vacation to her parents house...
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by angelsing(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
thank you very much, i know a lot of women say men dont like settling down this days but i must confess, this experience is enough to pack the bag and leave, if you love a woman and all that u get is a recurrence of what u abolish, its not worth it. but i love her so much, its why her manners and ways are affecting me so badly. i have an exam on the way and i cant focus. i told her about this and she dint say a word...still on malice episode
To start with am not married but I can share my little opinion from interaction with woman over the years...I have come to notice that sometimes most woman hardly take a straight correction from things they do wrong when it is common directly from their man and here is the best way to go about..When u sit her down that u don't like what she is doing, she won't understand exactly how u feel regarding what happen because it has never happened to her that way...Try and do exactly what she does to u. Like for example, you can flash her phone for one seconds so a missed call will appear on her fone without her knowing...When u get home query her like she usually does and blow it out like she does but all this should be in pretense not u quarreling her like u meant it for real...After the whole saga and when she starts to feel bad, draw her close and explain to her that this is how u feel when she does same thing to you....Only then will she realise how much her actions hurts u and then she can make a permanent correction...Do this in all cases she usually quarrel u about....Have often tried this on ladies and it has worked perfectly, hope it can work for you too...Best of luck
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by emiko(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2015
brother, the solution is prayer. pray with her and for her.make sure u kneel down hold hands and pray together morning n evening. i tell you its works. dont change ur attitude towards her infact show her more love. dont give up bro, it is well
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by innovestor(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
(Take this advice if you can endure abit) when she starts her tantrums, keep calm like you are'nt noticing her screams, harsh words and attitude and give only calm brief answers when asked questions. E.g: "why did you miss my BBM call?" your response should be "Bad Network"then carry on like you are'nt noticing someone is talking(note: dont act like she's hurting you. carry Urself normal). When she's tired of screaming and starts with her malice, act like she isnt even there(pls never be the one to break it off cos she's expecting you to do so from her past experiences. She feels you cant survive without her. Like she has you in her palm) go about your daily routine like you are happy without her. Dont speak except when spoken to or when you cant find where sth is placed. e.g U cnt find the remote, simply ask " have you seen the remote?" if she doesnt answer you, dont push it... Just walk away like you no send but if she answers you, just say "OKAY thanks" and walk away happily.... she shouldnt last up to a week with this when she starts having thoughts that you are losing interest in her to someone else and she would bring it up.... Dont jump at her yet.... do a little "guy" for her. When she starts putting pressure on U with obvious concern, then you spill it to her and tell her how she's trying you make your marriage to her hell for you and tall her how you've chosen not to let her ruin your life by making yourself happy. Tell her you are gradually getting tired of her and her tantrums( note.. Say it sternly and mean it). One thing you have to know is that not all women appreciate it when a man makes it obvious He cant do without her so you give the impression that you can have a life without her(but deep withing pls dont mean it.. It should only be a hoax) when she feels like she might lose you, she'll have to start trying to please and make you happy..... Its just a mind game and note it that you dont actually mean any of the moving on thingy..... Its just to put a leash on her.....

Before I forget, please, NEVER EVER lay your hands on your wife or any woman.... Dont even think about it... Be a gentle man even if she's strangling you....

All the best Bro...

(was typing in a hurry so excuse whatever typographical errors you might find)

Best post so far in my opinion. I would have advised exactly same. Its a mind game. It will change her attitude.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by RoyalRoy(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Dyt:

Wives are babies too and we can't always be matured
I didn't comment all along cos I am same
cheesy grin
She is even soft

She is soft ke?

shocked

Will you pick fight with your boo each time he misses your call?

Will you hold malice for 3 days just so that your boo can come and beg you every time you fight?

Will u stress him out with nagging every time he does something wrong.?

Haba, she is just not matured.

She has to grow up.

Longest time sweetie kiss
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by senier007(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015
I think I will be in good position to advise you, human being as scientist believe is very complex and sentimentally driven in our thinking, forget whether it's man or woman, psychology is the discipline that tends to study human behaviour, field of asthetics and ethics tends to elaborate more on how people think, but the major problem is the fact that corporate media, tv and radio adverts tends to redefine what love will be like or how it ought to be just to make gain, they shows us gift and loving your wife are the same, first they try to stress how to love your wife, but my advise is [/b]NEVER ALLOW YOUR EMOTIONS to play a role in your rational thinking[b] we love our children but tend to beat them lightly when they are wrong, but never raise your hand on any woman, women are complex they will always try you, the way you respond will form the basis of their conclusion on how you will treat other women, make sure u act in a rational way not emotional or else she will think anywoman out there will control you, she knows the kind of person your that's why she is always angry when u ignore her cuz probably she thinks you aren't man enough any woman can easily control you hence her behaviour, the only remedy for you is to treat her just like a normal person when she starts misbehaving, and treat her like your wife when she isn't misbehaving, try to be unpredictable that way u will put her in suspense and u will get more attention cuz u have become a competition for her. Always pray to God to give you the wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Chigold101(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015
helen4:
sweety u're entitle to ur opinion, so am i. Did the guy say she's pregnant?
honey you are right. But i wasnt talking based on the said woman, am talking about SOME other women.

So how are u doing this morning?
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Almightyperes: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015
My dear life is spiritual, the kingdom of darkness is fully against marriage before it fulfils the commandments of God, there is no smoke without fire. Her minds is being talked to and manipulated by some unseen forces..... Simply take her for Christian deliverance and come thank me later...
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by greatcrown: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Every marriage has one issue or the other.
Your resolve to make it works is what keeps your marriage going.
You definitely have what it takes to make it works so keep sharing it with your wife.
The transformation you expect will not happen overnight.
Remember what you are today; emotionally, intellectually, academically, etc took years to be formed.
Just be patient with her. Keep talking to her. When there is any program in any place that has to do with marriage and relationship, go there together.
Buy her books on related issues and encourage her to read.
Very soon you will sing a better song.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 10, 2015
I repeat my advise because you need to enjoy your marriage now.This time is the time for your house to be filled with laughter,jokes and love.You people are alone,so you can make love anywhere in the house.There should be bliss in the marriage now.She is strategically working on you to be in charge,maybe in response to advise from maybe her friends,sisters or even her mother.
Never you succumb.Make sure you take charge now.If you dont,when you try to do so later it will turn to something else.You will then be accused of seing someone else.Just consider maariage a serious project.You have shown her the best and highest love by marrying her,Get down to the business of building your family.It is a serious business not love.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Jennifer89(f): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2015
op, During your morning or evening devotion open portions of the bible that talks about a woman being submissive and also read about the virtuous woman. After that pray together.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2015
op I hate to say this,but your wife won't change,atleast I know that from experience...I have a friend who is going through the same thing,he's been married for morethan two years now and his wife is only getting worse,like your situation too,the lady exhibited these traits while courting,but he thought she'd change,that obviously hasn't happened,right now he's considering leaving the lady,I hope that pans out well for him. the only way out I see here for you is alot of understanding and prayers,and since you love your wife so much,you can start by avoiding those things that set her off...if this doesn't work then you should let her know that you can't tolerate her behaviour any longer,if she continues then she should be prepared for the consequences...she's probably confident that you're going nowhere hence the way she behaves.
goodluck.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Olumi4eva: 9:24am On Apr 10, 2015
MARKone:
OP, I have to confess, I have experienced what you've just narrated, maybe even worse, some wives are just naturally stubborn and disrespectful, which might be attributed to their upbringing, bad friends and what have you. You see your marriage is still young, so don't despair, but the sooner you make her realise that you are the man of the house, the better for you. If you do not handle it well, it might lead to another thing, too much thinking, fear of coming home, hate and depression as the case is now. Oga you need to man up, if you want to save your marriage, be aggressive, am not saying you should beat her, if she doesn't talk to you, don't talk to her, if she doesn't serve you food, go to the kitchen and prepare food for yourself, Infact learn to ignore her, enough of the sorry sorry, it makes you look weak in front of her, abi is not you that married her undecided

As you make your bed so you lie my brother. Anybody that tells you that, you can make a stubborn lady less stubborn by showing her more love, is not telling you the truth. Your union is still budding, you deserve a life time of happiness so does your wife, this, you need to make her understand.

thank u bro, u save me d time of typing dis,u spoke my mind.

@ op pls take dis at least change ur method for once n try dis for a month or two n c d diffeerence
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by fanex: 9:24am On Apr 10, 2015
guy, ere is one thing you need to make her understand "marriage is just a piece of paper" make her understand that you can still walk out on her. if you canitnue with this your new wife, you will die young. everyone is entitled to happiness. i dont think you have found yours just yet.

here is what i always tell mine, if you become a nuisance even after 10 years of marriage and all the kids in the world, i will still leave you.
multicast:
I am a fervent reader on Nairaland and i dont miss this forum in 1 day, i have seen people share their concerns here and a lot of people have contributed through their comments, though some are hillarious while others are on point. i will appreciate matured responses.

I did not marry a stranger to start with and its why i am very pained cuz i come here on nairaland and see how people get frustrated about their marriage based on cogent reasons but mine is different.

first of all, I got married in february and am already very tired of my wife, not because she isnt very sexy or good in bed as other may experienced but because my wife starts arguments from little things as little as why did u miss my call, even if its a BBM call thats dependent of network, after hours of begging i have to end up with uncountable "am sorry".

secondly, my wife find it very easy to engage in malice for days without bothering to reconcile, and i have to talk to her over again and make her see reason why such act is not good in marriage, for which she will later apologize and the next day or same day she is back again in another episode.

thirdly, every man love to be respected, when my wife starts her drama about missed call or other flimsy excuses, she starts talking to me like am her junior brother, calling me names and after noticing how mad i am with her, she will apologize but always repeat such act.

i feel the amount of love and attention she gets from me is too much and i am beginning to think i should make her understand what it feels like to have a frustrated marriage. though am yet to do that.

i honestly am not perfect but i have never used any harsh word while addressing her even when she is obviously wrong, i dont do so because i know the feeling when she use them for me. i wish i could anyway.

i grew up in a place where women are highly regarded and well treated and maybe its affecting me because i also help her do chores and i dont push all the house work to her as most men do.

i noticed i am always very unhappy and depressed the moment she comes up with this episodes and it may be because i love her so much and this is beginning to affect how i study and i might be forced to push her away first by not giving her attention as i used to.

My fellow Nairalanders, i respect ur opinion, hillarious ones and reasonable ones, marriage is not a bed of roses, i love my wife and i am not cheating on her, i am 100% married to her alone but her attitude is frustrating and i might have to leave her in the end. i hope i get lucky and this make FP so i can learn from experienced members before i take a decision, as we speak she has began the malice episode with me and if i dont apologize to her in 3 days, she is ready to go that far too.

sad sad sad cry

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by akamu2014: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2015
Hi, My name is Michael. I read your thread, and I understand better.

First foremost...Marriage is a journey between two people with different character, habits, and attitude.....I want you to know that your Marriage will be successful, if you want it to be....
solution: So you must imbibe the spirit of patience....which is what is lacking in many homes...the bible says add to your faith, virtue, and to virtue, knowledge, temperance, and to temperance patience....you must be patient with her....most times just keep quiet, when she talks..dont talk back to her..at least thank God she also apologizes....

Secondly may be she is a mood Player...people who occasionally changes their mood....
solution: understand her...and ask God to give you wisdom to deal with the situation...No pastor can help you....only GOD...to get the best...seek His face, the holy bible says...does any man lack wisdom, let him ask from God who giveth liberally to all men....

Thirdly: also PRAY WITHOUT CEASING....pray for her more, and ask God to make your marriage work better...in marriage we learn, we keep learning, until we get there...i hope you understand
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by LyfeJennings(m): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2015
U need to start treating her the way she treats U. Women are naturally that way, if U dont make her feel what she makes U feel. She would NEVER understand what U mean
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2015
innovestor:

Best post so far in my opinion. I would have advised exactly same. Its a mind game. It will change her attitude.
thats wassup.... Ur head dey there .. wink
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by nanalady(f): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2015
jauntty:
Keeping Malice is a "Lagoon Spirit".
grin grin
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by jauntty: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Dyt(f): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
RoyalRoy:

She is soft ke?

shocked

Will you pick fight with your boo each time he misses your call?

Will you hold malice for 3 days just so that your boo can come and beg you every time you fight?

Will u stress him out with nagging every time he does something wrong.?

Haba, she is just not matured.

She has to grow up.

Longest time sweetie kiss

Yes she is cos it's the man here
I don't keep malice and he knows what to do not to keep malice with her
The thing is this dude is just fed up
The whole marriage thing now makes it feel like she's choking him
We don't grow like this over night
This is my kind of person that's why I can so fit on well in her shoes
The OP has stopped doing something's he used to do
Let him search within himself and find the truth

Been fine jor
Shey u gave me a yellow card na
Iyamu watching u in 9D

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Donpizzle(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2015
if u show am luv she no reciprocate.......CHANGE AM FOR HER.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Safari29: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2015
hmmmmm, *in 2face voice, No be small thing oh
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by boluyongp(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
tiwiex:

He missed some stages. Time to restart. Treat her with less interest and love. Wonen mo dey respect I am sorry men oh. Leave allbthat I want a caring man and God fearing. What does that mean anyway? I am sur the OP has better chemistry with oyher women. Why does OP love her anyway?

My guy, you are right especially about having chemistry with other women.. Me sef, I dey wonder why OP loves her.. Maybe they've jazzed OP.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me / I Became A "Baby Daddy" After My Dad Questioned My Ability To Impregnate Woman / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.