Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Javascript With NodeJS - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript With NodeJS (16773 Views)

Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Which is more awesome to use for 'server-side programming', NodeJS or PHP? / Javascript In One PIX: Understand Javascript With Just A LOOK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Febup:

There is no ready made code for this game on Google so no excuse for you. We should do it here in the open for others to see. I don't own Node.JS so there is no offence if I Google for information about Node.JS

Bros, i want us to do this face to face. ill rearrange my timetable to do this. your call. butterfly calls itself a bird
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
^^^
I'm not surprised you have chickened out of this programming competition. It will do you good to stick to writing your "hello world" applications.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Febup:
@ pcguru1 and micodon

The best way to settle our score here is for us to engage in a programming competition to know who is a developer among us three, I want us to go for a two player Ayo - Web or Mobile game. You can use any language of your choice. Are you in for this? Or you just want to chicken out and stick to your WordPress-only development, that requires no idea of programming concepts.

i have nothing to prove to anyone, make out of it whatever you want, not my business. i only code and share with people cuz it's solves a problem am not here to win best coder of the year. but you can build it though if that's where your heart lies.

NOT TO BRAG But i built a game in processing using TUIO Objects and Arduino boards and also i have a thread that bashes WordPress with tons of points. you can check my website the code is free for anyone even students in Mauritius Middlesex are adapting my framework as we speak. am not one to brag because on nairaland there are way better developers than me and I am not ashamed of that. At least am eager to learn and open rather than pasting what I have no idea about trying to force a point rather than being open-minded.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 11:44am On Apr 27, 2015
Febup:
^^^
I'm not surprised you have chickened out of this programming competition. It will do you good to stick to writing your "hello world" applications.

ill give you 100K if you beat me. you ll give me same amount if i beat u. its quite simple. we meet and do this. do not hide behind the shadows of the net and start running your mouth. if you are good, fix a location. Anyone can just search the net and download source codes and paste here.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
micodon:

ill give you 100K if you beat me. you ll give me same amount if i beat u. its quite simple. we meet and do this. do not hide behind the shadows of the net and start running your mouth. if you are good, fix a location. Anyone can just search the net and download source codes and paste here.

If you are brave enough then lets do it here. I have already searched the web and there is no source code for this game on the the web.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Febup:

If you are brave enough then lets do it here. I have already searched the web and there is no source code for this game on the the web.

i see how narrow minded you are. which is braver? my coming to ur place of choice to do this or doing it online (where i can easily pay Paul allen to do and gimmie the source or search the web)? The whole world is watching your silly self. You aint a coder. You aint. All your Posts have shown it.

Not surprised. The topic of this thread was once: "Javascript is now a full programming language" (cos of node)
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
^^^^
Just admit this completion is more than the hello world application you are used to writing and that you have no clue as to how to go about it. I'm right in saying that JavaScript is now a full programming language as it was only on the client-side before, now it can be used on the server-side.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Febup:
^^^^
Just admit this completion is more than the hello world application you are used to writing and that you have no clue as to how to go about it. I'm right in saying that JavaScript is now a full programming language as it was only on the client-side before, now it can be used on the server-side.

1. Your brain is too empty. So, Programming is server side, abi?

2. Ayo game, also known as wari in some parts of west africa --- Source code (Clojure) https://github.com/ericlavigne/island-wari/

Dude, you make me laugh. ill continue here with you for as long as possible.. Just to show the world the largest vacuum in Nigeria
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Febup:
^^^
You are a BIG FOOL

Hehehehehe......Let the world decide that.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
@micodon
You only know how to criticise other programming languages, have you ever created your own language.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
@micodon

You're just an empty vessel, go and create your own programming language first before coming here to criticise JavaScript and Node.JS
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
micodon:

So, Programming is server side, abi?

Before you cannot write a server-side application with just JavaScript, that's why it was called a script, which means it was not a full programming language, but now JavaScript can be used on the server-side as well.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Febup:

Your question shows how senseless you are.

Before you cannot write a server-side application with just JavaScript, that's why it was called a script, which means it was not a full programming language, but now JavaScript can be used on the server-side as well.

Hehehehehe. So JavaScript apps are called scripts because they are client side? Excuse me..why are PHP and Python scripts called 'Script'?.

Hello World, he doesnt even know what a script is.
I'm enjoying this
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Perl - Script
PHP - Script
RoR - Script
Python - Script

and they are server-side.

Throw the next line of ignorance, dude. waiting
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Wow I promised not to respond but this just shocking. A language doesn't have to be server side to be defined as a programming language o. And JavaScript are only called scripts because they don't compile like Java/c++/ csharp. Febup I really have nothing against you but my advice is please don't take this as a personal vendetta people are reading this and might judge you wrongly. You really need to update your knowledge on this things. This is what we look out for when we employ. This is really disturbing. cry
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Python,php,js,perl don't compile they all run or should I say are interpreted on the fly. JavaScript wasn't considered a programming language am guessing it had to do with lack of classes and the fact it was duck typed I think. And had issues handling large numbers. JavaScript could always be used on the server side Nodejs is just the most popular during the time I had aptana there was something called jaxer. But then didn't see the need to and also it wasn't something I thought I'd be interested in. There are other server sided javascript solution Nodejs is not the first it's just popular because it uses Google engine and Google obviously would promote it. Why do you think angular is popular ? It's backed by Google somehow.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
pcguru1:
Wow I promised not to respond but this just shocking. A language doesn't have to be server side to be defined as a programming language o. And JavaScript are only called scripts because they don't compile like Java/c++/ csharp. Febup I really have nothing against you but my advice is please don't take this as a personal vendetta people are reading this and might judge you wrongly. You really need to update your knowledge on this things. This is what we look out for when we employ. This is really disturbing. cry

Really disturbing.

Meanwhile, i had a look at Typescript. Looks clean. but, does the compiler do code optimization like the closure compiler?
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
micodon:

Really disturbing.

Meanwhile, i had a look at Typescript. Looks clean. but, does the compiler do code optimization like the closure compiler?

Nope not that i know of (though never used Closure Compiler before directly) Typescript only gives you what you put in, however you can use "Gulp" to watch your file and minify. Sadly i haven't been opportuned to work with TS, as Angular is what i use at work and it's only Angular 2.0 using TS. But TS is actually good and gives you Static Typing which is why am gunning for it, am tired of JavaScript's loose typing and unforeseeable errors.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
pcguru1:

Nope not that i know of (though never used Closure Compiler before directly) Typescript only gives you what you put in, however you can use "Gulp" to watch your file and minify. Sadly i haven't been opportuned to work with TS, as Angular is what i use at work and it's only Angular 2.0 using TS. But TS is actually good and gives you Static Typing which is why am gunning for it, am tired of JavaScript's loose typing and unforeseeable errors.

oh! ok. I saw some code samples. saw something like the use of interfaces in a script. that's bold. ill give TS a try.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
There's also https://babeljs.io/ however am a Dojotoolkit Fan boy and if Dojotoolkit says TypeScript then its TypeScript for me. As Dojo is the only JS Framework i can say suits me.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
From this description of JavaScript below, then I do feel I'm right in calling call it a full programming language.

In particular, Emscripten and highly optimised JIT compilers, in tandem with asm.js that is friendly to AOT compilers like OdinMonkey, have enabled C and C++ programs to be compiled into JavaScript and execute at near-native speeds, causing JavaScript to be considered the "assembly language of the web",[6] according to its creator and others.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
pcguru1:
There's also https://babeljs.io/ however am a Dojotoolkit Fan boy and if Dojotoolkit says TypeScript then its TypeScript for me. As Dojo is the only JS Framework i can say suits me.

I used Dojo for a now defunct app. Somehow i dont like fetching resources when needed. i know im the only person in the world that doesnt like this. Made me switch to. YUI, then to Closure Library. Closure compiler compiles dependencies and does code optimization optimization. Theres also Closure templates
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Olumyco(m): 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
I av gone thru all the posts here and I just want to appeal to u guys to just display emotional intelligence in rallying of words among ourselves. Febup I know u r an advocate of JavaScript, so do I. I support the beautiful future of JavaScript/Nodejs but pls do not let us force our opinion on others.
I am hapi we Nigerians r doing well in programming pls let us learn to appreciate ourselves.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
micodon:

ill give you 100K if you beat me. you ll give me same amount if i beat u. its quite simple. we meet and do this. do not hide behind the shadows of the net if you are good, fix a location.

What makes you feel that this forum is only for people on you street or your town and what makes you feel that 100K to the person you have been running your mouth with is not pocket money he gives to others. Boy you need to learn how to respect other you can disagree with other people's opinion, but learn to do it with maturity not like an unruly kid you have displayed here so far.

You sound like a student at uni, but you don't know if the person you have been running your mouth with is the guy that will interview you for a top notch job after you finish uni, but from arrogance the you have displayed so far, you have shown that you can not work with other programmers in an office, so my advice for you is to learn to be polite to others and to be mature in the way you disagree with others.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Febup:

What makes you feel that this forum is only for people on you street or your town and what makes you feel that 100K to the person you have been running your mouth with is not pocket money he gives to others. Boy you need to learn how to respect other you can disagree with other people's opinion, but learn to do it with maturity not like an unruly kid you have displayed here so far.

You sound like a student at uni, but you don't know if the person you have been running your mouth with is the guy that will interview you for a top notch job after you finish uni, but from arrogance the you have displayed so far, you have shown that you can not work with other programmers in an office, so my advice for you is to learn to be polite to others and to be mature in the way you disagree with others.

if it pleases you to know, i graduated from the prestigious Federal University of Technology, Owerri 5years ago.

2. You dont demand respect. You earn it.
3. I own my firm.
4. You are not a coder
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
micodon:

4. You are not a coder

I'm a solution developer which is higher than a coder. I use the best tool that gets the job done.

I have not attempted to write a programming language before, but I give credit to the people who have created these languages and scripts we are using toady. All I'm concern with is to use a language or a script that gets the job done. This is what programming concept or programming paradigms is all about, how you go about solving a problem and using the right tool for the job. You don't use C, C++, Java etc for a job that JavaScript can take care of better, best to keep it simple, so there is no need to crack a nut with a sledge hammer in programming.

If you want to start another war on programming concept or programming paradigms then take a look at this diagram first.
Source: https://www.info.ucl.ac.be/~pvr/VanRoyChapter.pdf

Re: Javascript With NodeJS by micodon(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
Febup:

I'm a solution developer which is higher than a coder. I use the best tool that gets the job done.

I have not attempted to write a programming language before, but I give credit to the people who have created these languages and scripts we are using toady. All I'm concern with is to use a language or a script that gets the job done. This is what programming concept or programming paradigms is all about, how you go about solving a problem and using the right tool for the job. You don't use C, C++, Java etc for a job that JavaScript can take care of better, best to keep it simple, so there is no need to crack a nut with a sledge hammer in programming.

If you want to start another war on programming concept or programming paradigms then take a look at this diagram first.
Source: https://www.info.ucl.ac.be/~pvr/VanRoyChapter.pdf

One reason why node wont be no 1. the right tool for the right job.

2. writing a programming language is not rocket science.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
micodon:

3. I own my firm.

Ok you own you own firm, but you still need people to give you programming jobs, so you don't know if one day I might have a Billion Naira programming contract to give out and I decide to come here on this forum to look for programmers. I won't just be looking for programming skills only but also interpersonal skills as well.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
Febup:
From this description of JavaScript below, then I do feel I'm right in calling call it a full programming language.

In particular, Emscripten and highly optimised JIT compilers, in tandem with asm.js that is friendly to AOT compilers like OdinMonkey, have enabled C and C++ programs to be compiled into JavaScript and execute at near-native speeds, causing JavaScript to be considered the "assembly language of the web",[6] according to its creator and others.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript

Well you are right and wrong, i will explain this reason above is wrong , this just compile C++ in JavaScript doesn't make Javascript a programming language and not a programming language. and Right in the sense that with Ecmascript 6 JavaScript has now classes,generators,modules and things you can find in a programming language. Then again no one is arguing that JavaScript is not a programming language, I only said the only reason why i feel it would not be considered a full one would have be lack of classes and Number precision issues.

Though i would be suprised if anyone in Nigeria actually uses Emscripten , its above our use-case by far.
Re: Javascript With NodeJS by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
also let's ease up on the insults it's starting to feel too personal. remember it's about opinions regardless of whether of what we think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? / Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? / I Want My Son To Be A Programmer, How Do I Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.