Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income (7694 Views)

China Emerges Nigeria’s Leading Source Of Imports With $1.6bn / Photo: Who Can Tell The Source Of This Money? / Learn How To Make Money With Bulk Sms Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 15, 2015
still following with total loyalty
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
In my last post we installed joomla on our server. Now I want to explain some of the the features used in joomla 2.5 so that everybody will understand the various menus found the.

1. Site: which compose of Control Panel, My Profile, Global Configuration,
Maintenance, System Information and Logout. Here you can change some of your site settings.

2. Users: Comprises of user Manger, Groups, Access Levels, User Notes, User Noted
Categories and Mass Mail Users. Here you can add user accounts, delete users etc

3. Menus: comprises of Menu Manage and other Menus you created. Here you can add new menu items

4. Content: comprises of Article Manager, Category Manager, Featured Articles
and Media Manager. Here you can write new articles for your page or blogs

5. Component: comprises of Banners, Contacts, Joomla! Updates, Messaging,
News Feeds, Redirect, Search, Smart Search, Weblinks and any other
Joomla Component you installed.

6. Extension: comprises of Extension Manager, Module Manager, Plug-in
Manager, Template Manager and Language Manager. This is where you will be able to change the template of your joomla website

7. Help: comprises of Joomla help, Official Support Forum, Documentation Wiki
and Useful Joomla Links.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
As I said earlier, the default theme that comes with the joomla installation is always very simple and lack aesthetic. SO you will need to download a new theme, upload it on your joomla installation, and then customize it to meet your demands.

To download a joomla theme online, you can just google joomla free themes or you can go through the following resources to choose a theme that you like:
www.themza.com
www.joomla24.com
www.freshjoomlatemplates.com
www.globbersthemes.com

There are lots of other resources online.

Before choosing a joomla theme, you can preview the theme online to see if you really like the design before you download it.
When choosing a theme, I would like you to take note of the following things
1) Choose a theme that is simple and straightforward so that you customers will be able to understand your website.
2) Make sure your site navigation is simple
3) Make sure the site is mobile responsive Ie: it should be able to show well on mobile and other devices. This is very important because with the new Google update that will be out this month, site that are not mobile responsive will have issues with Google ranking.
4) Having a site with a blog is also nice because blogging on a focus keyword will also help in your seo
5) Choose a theme that is simple yet outstanding.
6) Choose a theme that has a good customer support so that when you are struck you have where to run to.
After previewing the theme, if you like it,

you can then download it to your system in a zip file format.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
I have really bin slow in the tutorial. some one called to complain today. So from tomorrow, I will rush up everything so that I can finish with the website design nd move to other things. I apologize for the delay.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
How to install the downloaded joomla theme on your website

After downloading the zip joomla theme on your system, you can log into your joomla backend site by typing www.yoursite.com/administrator on a web browser to access your Joomla backend.

Click on “Extension” from the Directory and choose “Extension manager” Sub-directory.

Click on “browse” under install, browse for the downloaded Joomla template from its saved destination and click on “upload file & install” button.

The joomla theme will then be installed on your site and you can view it from ‘template manager ‘under ‘extension directory’

In the “template manager”. Choose the template you just installed and make it a default template
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by semasir: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2015
When I see posts like these, I'm overwhelmed and is sure that with a few people like you, we can move forward.

I ventured too into bulk SMS in 2010 and started my platform in 2011 with no knowledge then but grew to understand it better with the help of JosephPhillip then too who guided and the rest is history now.

Bulk SMS can actually be a blessing if one is sincere and up to the task with the efficiency, reliability and service upkeep.

I recently ran into a newbie too who was helped with a cracked version of SPC 4 for just #4000 and I was alarmed but helped in my way and unfortunately the developer who helped him is running on SPC 3.

One ridiculous thing is their pricing and manner of service delivery which is appalling and sorta degrading to some of us with a name in the industry.

With time and consistency, I hope pirated SPC licences will be a story and also the biz left for the serious minded hence why I'm commending lojik's AFRISOFT for his pricing of SPC 4 license to keep the unserious minded away at least.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Menus /Pages that your bulk SMS site must possess.
When designing a bulk SMS website, there are some key menu/pages that your website must have to be able to inform prospective customers effectively on your type of business and help them in your relationship with you.

1) HOME: This is the main page of your website and must be as attractive as possible. Here you can state briefly the type of business that you do and what makes yours unique and special.

2) Registration / login Page: This is where your customers can either register or log into your website to be able to use your services.

3) Pricing Page: here you give details of the pricing of your SMS, how to make payment and the banks to make payment to.

4) Reseller page: Here you give information on how people can become your resellers. ie: if you do offer that services.

5) Contact page: here you provide a means where you customers can contact you for enquires or more information. Remember to add your phone number the for quick contact.

6) Blog: This is also very important but lots of bulk SMS websites neglect it. I was also guilty of this. Here you interact with your clients by giving them tips and useful information about bulk SMS. Blogging on bulk SMS can also help to improve the SEO of your site.

7) API Page: Here you describe how develops can integrate their applications to your SMS API

These are the basic pages needed for your bulk SMS website to be complete.

1 Like

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by smsjustinthyme: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
Try our most reliable, efficient and affordable bulk SMS company @ N1.20kobo(END USERS) and 0.90kobo (RESELLERS). We remain the best deal for resellers because our package comes with a free video guide that teaches you how to create bulk sms websites yourself for your prospective resellers, free database GSM phone numbers, your website would be built with high earners portal creator4, free downloadable app for your users.

Why do we give out all this?

We give you all these supportive tools because Sms Justinthyme defines success as the success of our clients. When you are successful, we already are successful.
visit www.smsjustinthyme.com or call 08132884087,08076411111, 08076311111, or 08076211111.
Thank you.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by okechukwu3: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
Quite interesting

1 Like

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by greatbiste(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
How I wish this guy can produce us a document on this training so as 2 enjoy this training.
Create a link 4us 2 download it.
I will be looking 4ward this.
Thanks
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by smsjustinthyme: 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Greatbiste the video is free only to our resellers. Please note that money was spent to make this video more understandable.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by Jacktech: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2015
smsjustinthyme:
Try our most reliable, efficient and affordable bulk SMS company @ N1.20kobo(END USERS) and 0.90kobo (RESELLERS). We remain the best deal for resellers because our package comes with a free video guide that teaches you how to create bulk sms websites yourself for your prospective resellers, free database GSM phone numbers, your website would be built with high earners portal creator4, free downloadable app for your users.

Why do we give out all this?

We give you all these supportive tools because Sms Justinthyme defines success as the success of our clients. When you are successful, we already are successful.
visit www.smsjustinthyme.com or call 08132884087,08076411111, 08076311111, or 08076211111.
Thank you.

smsjustinthyme:
@Greatbiste the video is free only to our resellers. Please note that money was spent to make this video more understandable.

I believed dis wasn't an advert thread. Becos ii see dis post as an advert I don't knw abt op view on dis.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
greatbiste:
How I wish this guy can produce us a document on this training so as 2 enjoy this training.
Create a link 4us 2 download it.
I will be looking 4ward this.
Thanks
I have received some request that I should produce a manual on how to develop the bulk SMS business. Will try working on that and will distribute it free to members of this thread.

Really dont like the way some people are turning this thread into a means for advertising their SMS portal. I have been careful not to even mention my sms website because I want to expose people to the real secrets and truth of the SMS business. I will be grateful if owners of SMS website contribute positively to this thread instead of using it for advertisment only

1 Like

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by semasir: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Permit me to say that most of them started the biz hence they care less about navigating the way rather they use all available means to advertise.....was not surprised because I've been expecting such to occur when I first say your post.

#KeepItUp

sccofield:

I have received some request that I should produce a manual on how to develop the bulk SMS business. Will try working on that and will distribute it free to members of this thread.
Really dont like the way some people are turning this thread into a means for advertising their SMS portal. I have been careful not to even mention my sms website because I want to expose people to the real secrets and truth of the SMS business. I will be grateful if owners of SMS website contribute positively to this thread instead of using it for advertisment only
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by smsjustinthyme: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
@ Scofied you have done a great job. I just want you to know that most times giving out an information for free and cheaply as you have done will only keep bringing unserious minds to the bulk sms industry. Who have done more harm than good to the reputation of serious bulk sms providers. I am not against you giving out free info, but put in place a criteria to determine the serious ones who deserve the info and would use it correctly. Note that I said in my earlier post that the video is for free, but only to resellers. I so want to help too, in the right way, not helping flood the industry with unserious set of people. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 11:54am On Apr 20, 2015
@smsjustinthyme I understand just want to be able to impart in my own little way. And to make them know that bulk SMS is not a bed of roses.

How I started making money from my church with bulk SMS
While am still preparing a comprehensive report on setting up your bulk SMS website which i will distribute freely to members of this thread, I will continue to be posting some useful post and tips here to motivate people on this thread.
I want to share how I was able to start making money from my church using bulk SMS. Doing this in some modern churches is quite easily but if you attend an Orthodox church ( catholic) and your priest or pastor is not really inclined to all these latest technology, it will be a difficult fight.
I schooled in Enugu state for 5 years so I didn’t really steady much at home (Akwa Ibom). So after my final exams in school, I got back home and started the bulk SMS business so as not to be completely idle during the ASUU strike.
After setting up the bulk SMS business, I started my marketing in full force. My marketing strategy was to get across to all the churches and school in my vicinity and talk to them about my products. I knew that most of them will already be using other providers, so my selling point was mainly my proximity to them, free bonus sms, and even went further to help them in typing out their numbers and training their staffs on how to use my portal.
It worked for some churches and I was able to get their patronage. As the saying goes charity begins at home so I was bent on making my church start using my SMS portal. I had to sit down and analysis my church environment so as to know the best way to approach the issue.
I came up with the following observation.
1) My church is catholic: catholic churches over here rarely send SMS for church programs etc. They have the crowd already, they don’t do much advertisement, and their program of activities rarely change, its constant and parishioners know that already.

2) My priest wasn’t that young and wasn’t really inclined to all these new technologies like bulk SMS
3) To make matter worst, my priest rarely changes his mind when he has decided on something
4) Further more I noticed that there was another active youth in the church that was being used in sending bulk sms for marriages, events etc. although this was on private instances but not as the church.

I met with the guy and found out he didn’t have a bulk SMS website but was merely using other people’s website so I quickly introduced my site to him and he gladly accepted to use mine.

I was now looking for a way to approach the priest to introduce the whole bulk SMS stuff to him but I knew that If I go directly he will turn it down. So instead I approached him and told him that I noticed that the register in the church didn’t have complete details of the parishioners in the churches. Details like phone number, address etc, was missing and lots of the people in the church didn’t even have their names the.
I told him that I would like to help out by making a form that will be distributed during mass for people to fill in their details and return to me and then I will help type it out and arrange it in excel form for him.

He was very happy with me for seeing such a problem and coming out to solve it. With that he started trusting me. I did that because I needed to have a comprehensive numbers of people in the parish in case the chance came for me to send bulk SMS.

After that I approached a committee that was setup by the priest to organize a special fundraising, and told them that for them to make that fundraise a success, they will need to remind the parishioners about the fund raise during the week and the best way to do that was through bulk SMS since I already had the contacts of the members. The chairman of the committee then discussed it with the priest and though he didn’t like the idea initially, he agreed to it on the term that he must see every message that I want to send out in the name of the church first of all before I send it.

That was how I started sending bulk SMS for my church during important events like fund launch, harvest, Easter retreat, etc. Other parishioners then got to find out that I was now the one sending SMS for the church and started approaching me to send bulk SMS for weddings, birthdays, etc. Some even told me to use my own contacts to help them send messages to the parishioners about their wedding event. This was good business for me because my number database was quite much. About 5000 parishioners.

Although the SMS from my church don’t come regularly as other churches, Its still worth it because when I need to send SMS for them, it is in large quantity. E.g was during the last Easter retreat that was done a weak before the holy week. I was told to send reminder SMS everyday all through the retreat reminding parishioners about the retreat. That made me sent messages to about 5000 people daily for those five days. And as am talking to you in less than one month I have been contacted by a committee in charge of the presbytery reconstruction comittee, to send SMS through out this week for a fund launch coming up this sunday.

In conclusion, when doing your marketing, you should understand that all your customers are different and so you need to study each customer individually and come out with the best approach to make the business work out.

1 Like

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
I will really want to apologize for all those following this thread. I have been away for some time because of my work but i was still able to help some of the people who contacted me to set up their SMS business for them. Some hv started making money in it while others are still struggling to get their feet. Nevertheless i was able to create a bulk SMS business guide which i will give out free for anybody interested in the SMS business.

To get the ebook go here: http://bulksmstutor.com/bulk-sms-business-guide/

The manual is helpful for those interested in the bulk SMS business and also for those already in it but struggling to make ends meet.

The manual teaches you how to set-up a bulk SMS business the right way, avoiding the mistakes made by lots of people and show you the steps to take to make your business profitable.

The things considered in the bulk SMS manual include:

Benefits of the bulk SMS business
What you need to start the bulk SMS business
Desinging a bulk SMS website
How to recover your initial investment in 30 days
how to hit 100,000 sms monthly
Bulk SMS marketing
and lots of other things ……

To get the ebook go here: http://bulksmstutor.com/bulk-sms-business-guide/
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
For those that need to download the bulk SMS business guide, go here: http://bulksmstutor.com/bulk-sms-business-guide/ if you have any issue, you can contact me on 0706235925
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by boygeorge: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hi, pls send the tutorial to my email, adexgeorge2002@gmail.com
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by sccofield(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
hoping to hear from those that have downloaded the book
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by priscillawill(m): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
sccofield:
Menus /Pages that your bulk SMS site must possess.
When designing a bulk SMS website, there are some key menu/pages that your website must have to be able to inform prospective customers effectively on your type of business and help them in your relationship with you.

1) HOME: This is the main page of your website and must be as attractive as possible. Here you can state briefly the type of business that you do and what makes yours unique and special.

2) Registration / login Page: This is where your customers can either register or log into your website to be able to use your services.

3) Pricing Page: here you give details of the pricing of your SMS, how to make payment and the banks to make payment to.

4) Reseller page: Here you give information on how people can become your resellers. ie: if you do offer that services.

5) Contact page: here you provide a means where you customers can contact you for enquires or more information. Remember to add your phone number the for quick contact.

6) Blog: This is also very important but lots of bulk SMS websites neglect it. I was also guilty of this. Here you interact with your clients by giving them tips and useful information about bulk SMS. Blogging on bulk SMS can also help to improve the SEO of your site.

7) API Page: Here you describe how develops can integrate their applications to your SMS API

These are the basic pages needed for your bulk SMS website to be complete.

i am building my website offline, and i will be using spc4. Do i create these pages on it before uploading and what about compose sms, i want my site to have members and resellers, how do i do that. Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by semasir: 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sure you can do that

priscillawill:

i am building my website offline, and i will be using spc4. Do i create these pages on it before uploading and what about compose sms, i want my site to have members and resellers, how do i do that. Thanks in advance
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by Jacktech: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
priscillawill:

You can create the pages in offline and in online mode.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by priscillawill(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jacktech:

You can create the pages in offline and in online mode.
thanks
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by priscillawill(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
semasir:
Sure you can do that

thanks man, you are a great help to me
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by semasir: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
You're welcome

priscillawill:
thanks man, you are a great help to me
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by kaposky(f): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Selling what the buyers want is what makes the whole difference.
check my signature to get what buyers want
in your mini importation business.
Its free
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by Grantos: 10:59am On Dec 19, 2015
Nice thread, i must commend @Scoofield, well done with this tutorial... For those interested in starting a Bulk SMS Business and Need quality providers please do check out http://www.Text2africa.com, do check out http://www.Abeghost.com for all your Web Hosting and Domain Registration Needs.
Ever feel like starting a domain registration or Web Hosting Business? Then also check out http://www.Abeghost.com(We provide 24 hours support to our customers), Day or Night. We will support you.
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by Faseyi17: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
Following
Re: Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income by EMuyi1(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2017
why is my joomla bulk sms website always going offline. is this general or just me and is spc4 compatible with drupal or wordpress? thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks Fifth Largest Insurance Market In Africa / Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes / Alertpay: Is It As Reliable, Recognised And Secure As Paypal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.